Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 1,041 Words
  • 1,488 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Prompt's for 2014 - 8. Prompt 332 - Birth or Torture !!!

“Try it again and I will kill you,” Ben screamed as he lay writhing in agony on the bed.

Adam rung his hands as another contraction hit his mate and he felt the pain Ben was in through their bond. He tried holding one of Ben’s hands but his mate just pulled his hand away and glared at him.

He heaved a sigh of relief when he heard footsteps on the stairs and Casey entered their bedroom. He was glad that they had moved in with Casey for the final month of Ben’s pregnancy, it had been suggested by Jamie so they would be near help when it was needed.

Casey got straight to business, Adam watched as he held his hands over Ben’s rippling stomach and started muttering words fast.

Images started to appear over Ben’s form and then started shifting too fast for Adam to see. When the images slowed down Adam saw he was looking at a fuzzy 3d picture of a baby laying curled up on its side. As the baby in the picture moved Ben let out a shout of pain and arched his back off the bed.

Casey quickly whispered a few words and Ben slumped on the bed apparently unconscious.

“What have you done” Adam shouted, panicking.

“I’ve put him to sleep to stop the pain and so Jamie and I can get straight on with the birth. Hold on” Casey added as he laid a hand on Ben’s shoulder and grabbed Adam’s hand.

The room blurred in Adam’s vision and when it cleared he was standing by an examination bed and Ben was laid out on it.

Jamie came in as they arrived and a few muttered words between the twins and all their clothes, including Adam’s, were replaced with scrubs. Ben’s clothes had been stripped off him and his swollen stomach was rippling with the movement of the baby, Ben however didn’t even twitch a muscle.

“Please tell me what’s going on!” Adam pleaded, he was starting to feel like a spare part, “He’s not due for another three weeks and he hasn’t told me what to expect. He said he didn’t want to give me time to worry too much.”

Casey seemed to take pity on him and started to speak as Jamie took over muttering the spell to bring back the image of the baby.

“Sorry Jamie and I are used to working silently. To answer your questions, the baby has decided it wants to be born now, so now it is being born. The timing is fine as Ben has been taking vitamin supplements to keep him and the baby strong. As for the how, I assume you have heard of a c section?” when Casey paused Adam nodded, “Good, well that’s what we’re going to do, but we’re going to use magic to heal as we go. Just stay to the side of the room and be ready to take your baby as it is born.”

With those words Casey turned his attention back to Ben and Adam found himself dismissed.

Adam moved to the side of the room as Casey had requested, he watched as Jamie placed a finger on Ben’s left hip and slowly started drawing towards the other side. Adam swallowed hard when he saw that as Jamie moved his hand Ben’s skin was parting, he wanted to turn away but forced himself to keep watching.

Casey was muttering fast and as the incision opened in the wake of Jamie finger only a dribble of blood escaped to run down Ben’s skin. When Jamie had reached Ben’s right hip he used his hands to reach into the incision and when he brought his arms back out he held a wriggling baby, covered in a thin see through membrane.

Casey reached over and started pulling the membrane off, starting at the baby’s head. As its head was uncovered Adam heard the wonderful sound of the baby’s cry echoing in the room.

Jamie switched the baby to one hand and reach over to a side table that held a pink blanket and a blue blanket. Picking up the blue one he wrapped the baby and came over to Adam.

“Congratulations, you have a boy” Jamie said with a smile, as he placed the baby in Adams arms.

Adam clutched the baby in shaking hands, afraid he was going to hurt him or worse drop him.

“Hello, Thomas” he said, with tears in his eyes, he and Ben had discussed what names they would use for which gender.

Thomas opened his eyes and Adam gasped at the warm rush on love that wash through him at the sight of their son’s blue eyes.

He looked up when he heard a sound from across the room. He saw Jamie and Casey had closed the incision and Ben was starting to wake up. He had been redressed in his clothes and was blinking his eyes open when Adam made his way over.

“Hey Love, are you in pain?” Adam asked via their mind-link, thinking Ben may be too tired to talk.

Ben gave a weary smile “Not pain so much but I ache all over and I am really tired”

Ben’s gaze moved to Thomas and his grin grew.

Adam smiled and placed Thomas next to Ben in the bed, he looked down at the two most important people in life and knew he would do anything to protect them.

Casey cleared his throat and both men turned to him.

“I’m sorry to say that Ben and the baby will have to stay here for the rest of tonight but you can move back up to your room before sunrise if all the observations come back okay.”

Adam and Ben nodded and the twins slipped out the room.

Adam joined his mate on the bed and they lay there staring down at their miracle, who seemed to have got bored watching them and had gone back to sleep.

Just before he fell back to sleep himself Ben said “I meant what I said ‘Try it again and I will kill you’”

Adam chuckled to himself as he watched over his mate and their son as they slept.

I used prompt 332 - First line: “Try it again and I will kill you,”
It is set in book 3 of Unison Island and was a deleted scene.
As always:
Read :read:
Enjoy :P
and please comment (and like) :2thumbs:
Copyright © 2018 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 07/01/2014 07:34 AM, Slytherin said:
I have missed Adam and Ben and baby Thomas of course lol. I like your Writing :)
Thanks. Adam and Bens story will be posted soon, nearly finished it.
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..