Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 1,109 Words
  • 5,326 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Welcome to Unison Island - 1. Welcome to Unison Island

Unison Island (Introduction for all Unison Island stories)

Welcome to Unison Island. Back in the first century (0000) the first vampires, witches, psychics and shifters tried to live normal lives integrated with humans.

This became more and more difficult as their varying abilities made them stand out (e.g. Vampires only go out at night, shifters disappear once a month).

They tried moving away from humans and forming their own communities, but this led to them being hunted, and sometimes killed.

Humans didn’t like anyone whom they didn’t understand and therefore declared the stand alone villages that refused all communication with others as dangerous. They decided to try and wipe out those villages causing battles that the humans almost always lost. But casualties were heavy for both sides and many paranormals died as well as humans.

Finally a person from each community got together and after months of searching they found an island that lay forgotten within what is now known as the Bermuda triangle.

Months were then spent contacting all the paranormals of the world and offering them the sanctuary of the island. Everyone who wished to leave the mainland were welcomed with open arms. There were of course people who wanted to stay and see if things improved with the humans. Those people were bound to secrecy with magic, but told they would be welcomed on the island any time.

The witches laid spells and enchantments on the island, securing it from ever being found by any humans.

They also used magic to change the seasons and daylight. They made it so each season lasted three months. This meant planting and harvests were regulated and the island always had good crops and so plenty of food to feed everyone. They made sure that day and night lasted twelve hours each. This meant the vampires always knew the sun would gradually set between 8 and 9pm, and would slowly rise between 8 and 9am, giving them an hour to get to shelter before they would be burnt.

At first all communities stayed in their own parts – psychics together, witches together, etc. over the years this changed as people started meeting their partners or mates in other species. Hybrids popped up all over and at first they were shunned, but by the year two thousand attitudes were starting to change, although every place will always have bigots and purists and other extremists.

The people who had set up the island built a central building and met up three times a year to ensure all was well. After a while the central building expanded and was soon a town that housed a central high council that governed the island. The council was made up of two representatives from each species. Each community had a small council of elders and they had one senior elder who would report to the high council.

Now the high council is in a city, Unison City, as well as housing the high council, it has four universities, one for witches, vampires, psychics and shifters. Children can be sent there to finish their education by their parents (or guardians) and the high council will pay for their expenses while they’re there. Witches and psychics were found to be great healers and so it was accepted that they would travel away from their own kind to aid other communities.

Communities now have a witch and/or a psychic healer living with them to help with bad injuries or sicknesses.

The universities teach everything from healing (for psychics and witches) to advanced shifting and how to become an Elder.

At certain times each year, the High Council sends teams out to search for any people who may have been born with abilities since the move to the island. They may be newly developed or may be descendants of the people who stayed behind. The teams are made up of a Senior Elder from all four species. Sometimes the Elders will bring their mates/partners but the main team is always the four elders and any others are just there to support them.

They try and encourage any people they find to at least visit the island and see if they would prefer life there. The offer was always left open but all visitors are asked to sign a magic statement that makes them incapable of talking about the island to any humans if they return to the mainland.

The teams also try to find any new technology or medicines that had not already been found or invented and brought to the island. This means the island has technology such as helicopters, telephones, TV, internet and other such advances.

The high council also sets the laws for the island, some of these are:

Vampires are not allowed to kill for blood.

Vampires must have permission from the person they are feeding from. - Blood donation was later set up so people could be paid for a donation and vampires could buy blood so they didn’t have to feed from people directly. Although vampires still need living blood if they are badly injured.

Shifters must be in human form when entering a community that is not their own.

Each community is responsible for their own rules, but if a criminal crosses communities and commits crimes in each it comes under the high council.

Witches/psychics must not use their abilities to influence people to do what they want or to allow anyone to be injured.

All parents/guardians are financially responsible for their children till they reach 18 years of age and graduate high school, unless that child is taken on by another guardian and the change is approved by the high council. Vampires are the exception and they are under the command of their parents till 25 years old. But if the parent throws them out at 18 the child is free to find a guardian for themselves and that guardian must go to the high council to register the change.

Witchconspy is a psychic community with a witch healer. This is where the characters from Buried Treasure grew up.

Chapmistres View started because one Vampire was sick of living with just his own kind. He wanted to search for his one true love and felt he was being restricted by the community he was living in.

He joined another likeminded man and together they bought the land that is now Chapmistres view. It was started one thousand years ago and has an open door policy. It now houses witches and vampires but more are always joining and who knows what’s next?

I hope you enjoy reading about the Island adventures.

Hope this helps to explain the world I have created and a few of my characters.
Any other questions please leave a comment or head to one of the story forums.
Buried Treasure or Chapmistres View
Copyright © 2014 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 14
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Thank you for explaining Unison Island. I couldn't figure out the geography or location, so I had had decided that it was just some no name area of the U.S. :funny: One thing, just how large is this island in the Bermuda Triangle? Actually, that doesn't matter. I love these stories and characters. Are you going to finish Andrew and Jamie?

Link to comment
On 11/12/2014 01:33 PM, LadyDe said:
Thank you for explaining Unison Island. I couldn't figure out the geography or location, so I had had decided that it was just some no name area of the U.S. :funny: One thing, just how large is this island in the Bermuda Triangle? Actually, that doesn't matter. I love these stories and characters. Are you going to finish Andrew and Jamie?
Your welcome for the explaination. Yes i am hoping to finish jamie and Andrew's story very soon. There are approximately three chapters left to write and i've nearly finished the next one. Thanks for your patience and thanks for reading.
Link to comment

I was intrigued because I only discovered Buried Treasure byaccident and knew nothing of your universe--I'm now off to read in sequence, so I will get back to BT in time!

Link to comment

Interesting premise and providing the background really helps. It all sounds quite civilized but that remains to be seen...Cheers...Gary

Link to comment
On 11/23/2014 06:23 PM, ColumbusGuy said:
I was intrigued because I only discovered Buried Treasure byaccident and knew nothing of your universe--I'm now off to read in sequence, so I will get back to BT in time!

I hope you enjoy what you read :)

 

:hug:

Link to comment
On 01/08/2015 09:32 AM, Headstall said:
Interesting premise and providing the background really helps. It all sounds quite civilized but that remains to be seen...Cheers...Gary

Oh, you know me Gary...nothing is ever as it seems ;)

 

:hug:

Link to comment

I am glad I waited this long to read, so that I now can read the stories without confusion. I have always liked Vampire stories and now with four communities together, this was going round be a wonderful journey. Like everybody else, I am glad you posted explaining everything. Thanks for that. Now I am heading for the main stor(y)ies... :)

~Emi. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 4/25/2017 at 6:42 AM, Emi GS said:

I am glad I waited this long to read, so that I now can read the stories without confusion. I have always liked Vampire stories and now with four communities together, this was going round be a wonderful journey. Like everybody else, I am glad you posted explaining everything. Thanks for that. Now I am heading for the main stor(y)ies... :)

~Emi. 

 

Hope you enjoy the stories Emi. Thanks for taking the time to read and comment :hug: 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..