Jump to content
    Cia
    • Signature Author
  • 1,004 Words
  • 5,219 Views
  • 9 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Denied - 48. Chapter 48

“Everett.” My voice was husky, deeper, raspy in a way I’d had to mimic before with targets, but it all came totally natural with him.

“Mmhmm.” Captain put his hand on my face and tilted my chin up so our gazes met. “You scared me. I would really like it if you didn’t do that again.”

“Me too.” Not that I wouldn’t step in front of a weapon in a heartbeat if one was pointed at him.

He brushed my lower lip with his thumb. “Your body is so distracting.” Heat flared in his eyes. “But we don’t have time for more.”

“You sure?” I leaned in closer to him. He was still clothed, but his body heat filled the small space.

“Yes.” His hand fell away slowly, and he stepped back. “Your clothes are done.” A light flashed and then the screen opened, and a suit in my size, perfectly measured against my body. It fit like a glove, tight where it should be and loose where it shouldn’t.

Unabashed, I dressed while he watched me. I had just the pants on, my bare feet sticking out of the pants when Captain’s hands landed on my sides and he pulled me in close. “You’re sexy naked, but you’re even sexier when you’re halfway dressed. The way your hips dip in here.” His fingers tickled as they traced my muscles. “Your lean strength.” He groaned. “Oh fuck it.”

Captain pulled me in tight. His lips slanted over mine, the soft, pliable surface just right for a nibble.

So I did.

He jumped, his hand squeezing, a gasp pushing into my mouth. I grinned in triumph, losing the pace and rhythm of the kiss. A mechanical voice interrupted us, asking if there was need for another fitting.

“No.”

The main door slid open, an unsubtle hint. Captain cleared his throat, holding the bundle of clothes in front of him, and lead the way out. “Something about you makes me lose all sense,” he muttered.

I followed him, grinning, the short jacket flaring at the waist and covering my erection just enough to keep from being obscene.

 

Deke’s grim expression wiped away the relief our brief respite gave us. Captain stiffened. “Did he die?”

“No. I had to gag him though. Fucker was squealing so fast I couldn’t keep up. We need to get him back on board with a recorder. We need to keep all these names. See what proof he can offer up.”

Captain nodded sharply. “Thank your friend for us. I know he didn’t have to let us in.”

I wasn’t sure what kind of place this was. There was a feeling of a lab to it, with machines and beeping and chemicals, but I couldn’t be sure that it was a hospital. It didn’t look like the place where I’d had the tests and experiments and all the long years of torture done to me either. And since I never wanted to come back here, I didn’t plan to ask what it was.

We collected Elliard and headed straight for the ship. I couldn’t see how Deke had gagged him—he looked perfectly normal—but the cowardly man kept jerking on his restraints. He definitely wasn’t getting out of those.

There was a tense moment when we were challenged by guards at the port, but they cleared us when Captain flashed his paperwork and captain’s badge.

The ship was a hive of activity inside. We passed through the hold, then moved up to the medical wing. Deke stayed with Elliard and Aparoe who clucked and frowned at me when he told them what I’d used. I shrugged.

“You rather I let him keep pointing weapons at Captain and Deke and trying to get away? He was going to take him with me and sell me. He’s lucky he isn’t missing parts.” I was done being prey, done being weak, done being the one who flinched.

“Do you need treatment?” one of the medics asked.

“No, I’m fine.” I backed away, closer to Captain. “Just some bruises and scrapes. The paralytic is all gone.”

“Fine. Then go do whatever else you need to do so we can get some peace and I can stop having to patch people up down here.” She glanced at Deke. “He’s a bit too much like you now.”

“Hey, I didn’t know he took the knife,” Deke protested.

Captain turned smartly, and I followed suit. Apparently even Captain hurried away when the chief medic was in a mood. We marched toward the ship’s command center.

“You can go to your quarters and change, get something to eat, maybe rest,” Captain offered.

I looked at him steadily.

“Or come with me.” He cleared his throat. “I’ll ask a crewman to bring some rations to our stations.”

“That works.” I could eat. Now that the immediate danger had passed, and the arousal I’d felt had faded, other complaints were making themselves known. The gravity on the planet was lower, but I’d strained some muscles in my legs jumping. I was definitely hungry and very thirsty.

And I’d probably pay whatever it took for some cold, clean water—though I didn’t have any money, so I had no idea what I’d pay.

Kekillill jumped to her feet and saluted when Captain crossed the threshold. “Sir!”

“Thank you, Kekillill. Report, please.” Captain sat, indicated a second chair for me, and Kekillill launched into a verbal report before my ass hit the minimal cushion. Guess they didn’t want the officers getting too comfortable.

“Freska reported in. They’d had some difficulty in their mission, sir, and gone on radio silence. But there have been no communications about Frijul or the team, our ship, or your cousin since we’ve been in system.”

Captain tugged on his lip with his thumb and forefinger. I was reminded on when I’d nipped at it, pulling the soft, pink skin between my teeth and biting down gently. And suddenly the coat wasn’t enough to hide… things.

Copyright © 2017 Cia; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 46
  • Love 29
  • Haha 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Moderator

@Cia  You are a tease.

 

Now I'm wondering what happened to make the other mission go bad. They must be on the run if they've gone dark. We seem to be constantly leaving poor Kohen in a state of excitement. I do have a question. Where is Kohen's suit loose where it shouldn't be?

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
5 hours ago, drpaladin said:

I do have a question. Where is Kohen's suit loose where it shouldn't be?

It’s loose where it shouldn’t be tight.

 

I have a question about clothes, too. At the end of the last chapter, Captain had his clothes draped over an arm. In this one, he still had them on. Then when they left the fitting room, he carried a bundle of clothes. A new outfit for himself?

  • Like 5
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator
6 minutes ago, Geemeedee said:

I have a question about clothes, too. At the end of the last chapter, Captain had his clothes draped over an arm. In this one, he still had them on. Then when they left the fitting room, he carried a bundle of clothes. A new outfit for himself?

 

I think we all misinterpreted it. He was carrying Kohen's old clothes.

Edited by drpaladin
  • Like 4
Link to comment

lol. Kohen is keeping Everett on his toes, but I don't think the man is complaining. Loved the interplay. Cheers... Gary....

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Between Everett and Kohen we can see who will wear the pants In that relationship!!   If Star Trek taught us anything it was always run away from the chief medical officer when they are grumpy.   I’m a doctor not laughing gas dammit. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..