Jump to content
    Cia
    • Signature Author
  • 594 Words
  • 2,254 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Dribbles - 12. Presentation

GA Prompt #49: Take two people who dislike each other and stick them in the backseat of a taxi. What happens?

"I told you this would happen!"

"How in the hell was I supposed to know the train was going to be so late, Yost?" Malachite ran a hand through his hair, brushing the rain off before it could flatten his careful hairdo that he spent twenty minutes making it look like he didn't do anything to it at all after rolling out of bed.

His braid was neat and tidy, Mal noted, hating how put together Yost always was. He went by his last name, was never late, never missed an assignment. Well, they'd been put together for this skit in the presentation. Mal's grade was assured in the class, he was a natural actor. Yost, on the other hand, was stiff as a board on set.

Hailing a cab took way longer than it should have and when Yost reached back for some of their props Malachite leaned down to whisper in the cabbie's ear. He slid in the backseat, leaving Yost to put the things in the trunk.

"Thanks for the help," Yost grumbled. He crossed his arms over his chest and stared out his window.

Mal, on the other hand, was leaned back and comfortable, watching the frown grow on Yost's face. Mr. Perfect was going to be pissed off when he found out what Mal did. Maybe this time he'd finally get back a reaction. Mal sat eagerly, waiting for Yost to explode when the harbor came into view.

Those glittering eyes turned his way. The snide lips were pressed flat. The pale cheeks of someone who never goes outside flared red with two spots of color high on his cheekbones. Mal just smirked.

"Why would you do this? Why? I need this course for college, you vile cretin..."

Mal shook his head. "Geez! Even your insults suck. Serves you right." Mal glared at him. "We'll get to the precious presentation, when I'm ready. Right about when you get an F."

                                                                                     ***

Yost clenched his hands but knew that he wouldn't be able to bribe the cabby. There was nothing on the earth strong enough to make him like Malachite Reynolds. In fact, he hated him. He hated everything about him. He focused on the view intently, high school was almost over and along with it, his need to deal with the Mal's of the world. He just had to get through this one cab ride first.

He could hear the quiet sniggers of the teenager beside him and his muscles clenched. Damn it! Why did he get stuck with the arrogant jock or preppy rich boy? Why did it seem like he always got paired with one of them? He either had to do all the work or put up with nastiness. That's it! He was done taking it silently.

He pulled out his phone and hit speed dial.

"Hey. Yeah. Again. Option number one." He hung up and stared out the window, hands clenched back into fists at his side.

Malachite glared at him. "What the hell was that? Code?"

Yost refused to look at him. "Yes," he said shortly.

He knew he still looked angry, he had to keep his growing smirk inside. Not all the jocks were jerks. He had one friend... One that would be waiting with a very interesting dye loaded into balloon that would be easy for a pitcher to aim accurately from a hidden window. Yost might get an F but the preppy boy beside him would have a day way worse than his once this damn taxi ride was over.

Way worse.

GA Prompt #49: Take two people who dislike each other and stick them in the backseat of a taxi. What happens?
Copyright © 2017 Cia; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Administrator
On 03/15/2014 05:42 PM, Afrodita79 said:
mmmmm It's intriging but could be love or something?
LOL, who knows? Yet another contemporary plot bunny that could be fun to expand. I can just 'see' the dye exploding and Mal's reaction. :P
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..