Jump to content
    Cia
    • Signature Author
  • 310 Words
  • 2,158 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Dribbles - 23. Thankful

Prompt 370 – Creative
Tag – List of Words
Use the following in a story – turkey, gift, flowers, blue sweater, and a pen.

My place. Thanksgiving. Be ready or suffer the consequences.

I took back the pen and tucked the notecard in with the flowers. The guy ordering them had asked for hydrangea blossoms the same color as the blue sweater he had on. Not a flower requested every day, but not that unusual. But it was the final item he asked me to put in the gift basket, a turkey dressed in bondage gear, that brought a whole new meaning to the pair of big, blue balls of flowers on either side of the toy. Where the heck did someone find something like that? It had to be some sort of a joke.

He raised an eyebrow when I giggled. "Something wrong?"

My laugh turned into a cough. "Oh. Um. No. Sorry, just a little tickle in my throat." He so didn't buy it. I squirmed under his steady stare. "We deliver, if you like."

"Yes, I don't have time. They go to 733 Oak Ridge. I expect them to be delivered in exactly one hour, since I'm paying for the premium service." He slowly slipped on his leather gloves.

I nervously bobbed my head. "Yes, uh, sir." I bet he had high expectations. I'd deliver these myself, just to make sure. "Anything else?"

"No, just the receipt." I hurried to ring him up and get him out of my shop. Usually people ordered an arrangement and left. He'd stuck around to make sure it was perfect. It'd taken thirty minutes for him to approve two flowers, rejecting the first eight bunches I'd picked out. He was intimidating, and I didn't want to wipe away the sweat trickling down my neck to dampen my shirt in front of him. The man getting the flowers was a far braver soul than me... or seriously masochistic.

When the bell tinkled a second time as the door shut, I sagged against the counter, thankful he was gone. Just another day in the florist shop.

Right.

LOL!
Copyright © 2017 Cia; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
  • Haha 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Hmm. Your story is in more intriguing than others I've read lately. A turkey all trussed up. I'm afraid to ask, but why is it I can imagine it so easily? :lol: Great story.

Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 11/16/2014 03:40 PM, comicfan said:
Hmm. Your story is in more intriguing than others I've read lately. A turkey all trussed up. I'm afraid to ask, but why is it I can imagine it so easily? :lol: Great story.
Like I said... I was in a weird mood. LOL No idea where the idea came from but the visual was quite funny. Thanks for reading, Wayne.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Cia,

 

That was fantastic! It had me smiling and wanting to see the arrangement! I'll think of you in a bit when I slip on my leather gloves right before I get on the Harley! :P

 

Carlos

Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 11/16/2014 11:23 PM, Carlos Hazday said:
Cia,

 

That was fantastic! It had me smiling and wanting to see the arrangement! I'll think of you in a bit when I slip on my leather gloves right before I get on the Harley! :P

 

Carlos

Yay! I'm glad it made you smile. Sometimes there are moments in life that stop you in your tracks--good and bad, or just freaking hilarious. And leather gloves... yum!
  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 11/22/2014 12:11 AM, Rook Lee said:
I really liked this, you are such a tease keeping it so short! Now I want to know what is going on. :lol:
LOL! A lot of my stories go that way, unfortunately I don't have time to flesh them all out. But I'm glad you liked it. :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..