Jump to content
    Cia
    • Signature Author
  • 998 Words
  • 7,514 Views
  • 14 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Lost Inside - 1. Chapter 1

Benny dug his claws into the mud. He needed the anchor to stay in his spot hidden at the base of a pine tree. The fragrant needles helped hide his scent so he could get close to the eyrie.

It was close, but not close enough. It was never close enough.

Instinct drove Benny to race down the slope. The slender Carthera wouldn’t be able to stop him. He could be down there, amid the young rolling around on the ground, in seconds. He trembled with need.

The memory of Yuril’s frantic screaming was the only thing holding Benny back.

His mate was so close, yet too far away. Each time Benny came to watch him another piece of his soul was ripped away. The hole where his mate should be was gone, and he was losing whatever bits of himself remained.

Pretty soon he’d be nothing more than an empty shell. Keeping his ears erect was more than Benny could stand. They folded flat, muting the happy peals of laughter as his mate romped with the young hawk Carthera. Yuri’s stripes were covered by a long-sleeve shirt and his ears tucked under a fluffy, blue hat. If Benny didn’t know for certain, if the bittersweet memories of making love to his mate didn’t torment him nightly, he’d never have known Yuril was mated.

Of course, Yuril didn’t know he was mated. He’d forgotten those precious nights just as thoroughly as he’d forgotten Benny.

***

“Where have you been?” Brad asked. “You’re late.” He peered over the tap. “You’re never late.”

Benny held in a snarl. “Mind your own business.” He went in the back and grabbed a fresh t-shirt out of the laundry room. The black fabric stretched across his chest, the word security emblazoned in tall, white letters.

Another night working in Davis’ club rousting stinking humans who pissed their life away. He flexed his claws then sheathed them. Maybe he’d get lucky and some guy would start a fight.

The music was blaring and the lights were flashing over the dance floor. Benny hissed. The lights always messed with his eyes, but Davis liked them, and said, “They contributed to the atmosphere.” Too bad his mate no longer reacted to the lights. If he did maybe Davis could’ve been persuaded to change them.

Jerret straddled a stool set at the entrance. He dug his phone out of his pocket and glanced at it. “Hey bro.” He stood up and leaned in. Even with both of them mated and changed it was hard to talk over the music. “It’s been quiet. Ellis swung by and nabbed Davis ‘bout an hour ago. The band should be taking a break in thirty.”

“Thanks.” Benny crossed his arms over his chest, scanning the bar.

Calix walked in the bar. Jerret grinned when the huge liger pulled him into his arms and captured his mouth.

Benny looked away. His arms fell to his sides, and he ground his teeth.

“Whoa man, what’s eating you?” Calix eyed Benny’s hands.

Benny forced his claws to retract. “None of your fucking business.” He couldn’t get his ears erect.

As big as Calix was, Jerret pushed his mate to retreat a step. The large liger owned a gym not too far from the bar, and it showed in the muscles rippling in the light when he moved. Jerret elbowed Calix in the stomach. “Shhh.”

Calix pulled Jerret’s against him with one arm around his stomach. He was just as protective of Benny’s little brother as Jerret was of him. Of course Benny would never hurt his family, but still… it was good to see Jerret with a caring mate, even if it hurt. Calix ducked his chin.

“Sorry, Benny. My momma always said some things were better left unsaid.”

“It’s fine.”

Jerret and Calix exchanged a glance aBenny ignored. “Don’t you guys have a better place to be?”

“Yeah, we do.” Jerret reached out and squeezed Benny’s shoulder.

Benny manned the door. He carded folks when they came in and kept an eye on the little twink who seemed to be causing a ruckus on the dance floor. He took a seat in a booth with his friends when the band took a break and things calmed down.

It was too quiet. Someone needed to fuck up and give Benny a reason to kick their ass.

A few someones. Benny bared his teeth and snarled at a drunk getting irate with Brad at the bar. Looks like he had his first taker.

***

Benny sank onto his couch, exhausted. He yanked his shirt over his head and tossed it toward his bedroom. A drunk had puked and some of the bile on his face had wiped on Benny’s shoulder when he stuffed the sot into a taxi. He’d spent the day watching Yuri and his night working. His stomach complained, but it was too much work to get up and make something to eat. He leaned his head back and groaned. Sleeping was a crapshoot. He hadn’t climbed into bed in over a year. Good thing he had a comfortable leather couch.

It was getting harder to force himself to go through the motions of life. Everyone was happily mated but him. Benny rolled his eyes to look at the clock. Dawn wouldn’t come for a few hours. His eyes were gritty. He ground the palms of his hands over his eyes.

He’d eat something later. He’d just take a short nap.

Claws dug into Benny’s shoulders and legs. He was restrained on the bed by four large Tigers. He roared, fighting their grip. His mate had long since stopped shouting but his father had no mercy. Benny didn’t want to see, but he couldn’t shut his eyes.

“And you. You won’t be tempting my son in this abomination of a relationship again.”

Benny screamed as the alpha’s sharp claws slashed down.

“Fuck!” His claws were buried in the couch cushion.

Copyright © 2014 Cia; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 34
  • Love 2
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Cia, I'm so glad you decided to write Yuri and Benny's story. I love all your Carthera stories but "Inside of you" and "Hypnotic" are my favourite. And I always wanted Benny to have his mate back. Loved the beginning. Can't wait for the next chapter.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 01/16/2014 01:05 AM, Labrador said:
Good chapter, Cia, but wrong series.
Thanks! I dunno what I was thinking! :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 01/16/2014 01:37 AM, belann said:
Cia, I'm so glad you decided to write Yuri and Benny's story. I love all your Carthera stories but "Inside of you" and "Hypnotic" are my favourite. And I always wanted Benny to have his mate back. Loved the beginning. Can't wait for the next chapter.
Thanks belann! I really like these guys too. I'm trying to get back to my favorite series, and write new stories, and publish, and... :P well you get the picture. Benny was one of my favorite supporting characters too, and I always wanted to tell his story. So now I am. :D
  • Love 1
Link to comment

OMG!!! I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS! I really wanted to know his story--and this one in particular because when you mentioned it in the other story you wrote I felt so badly for them I wanted them to be happy and I am so happy that you are writing about this. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 01/16/2014 07:38 AM, m.p. said:
OMG!!! I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS! I really wanted to know his story--and this one in particular because when you mentioned it in the other story you wrote I felt so badly for them I wanted them to be happy and I am so happy that you are writing about this. :)
Me too! Benny's story has been floating in my head for a long time, and I thought it was the perfect start to get me moving on my writing again. :) Thanks for reading m.p.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

I held out for two days and then I had to give in to temptation and read this. :read: And now I'm hooked and can't wait to have more chapters. Arrrgh I just knew that would happen :facepalm:

Anyway I agree with belann, Inside of you and Hypnotic are my favorites of your stories, though I like all the Carthera tales. And I always wanted to know more about Benny, even if it is a tragic story.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 01/17/2014 11:30 PM, Timothy M. said:
I held out for two days and then I had to give in to temptation and read this. :read: And now I'm hooked and can't wait to have more chapters. Arrrgh I just knew that would happen :facepalm:

Anyway I agree with belann, Inside of you and Hypnotic are my favorites of your stories, though I like all the Carthera tales. And I always wanted to know more about Benny, even if it is a tragic story.

Aww, thanks! There is a lot to come with this story, and it will be sad. :( But at least you know there will be updates each week. :) Thanks for the review!
  • Like 2
Link to comment

Just like the others, I'm excited about getting Benny's story. The Carthera tales are still among some of my fav stories from any author. I'm happier yet that there might be some hope of his helping his mate to heal. I can't imagine how bad what his father did to them had to be...that little snippet from his nightmare was horrible.

 

i'm sure it must be so hard for him just having his brother become mated and watching him happy with his mate. But, I can understand that along with the joy, it is like a hot poker in his wound, always reminding him that he can't have that when they are around. Must be tough.

 

I'm looking foward to this b/c I have no idea where you will take it. I thought in 'Inside of you' that Jerret mentioned his mate was childlike after what he'd been through. Or am i remembering wrong? Back to wanting weeks to speed by so we get a new chapter lol.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 01/19/2014 12:12 AM, Cannd said:
Just like the others, I'm excited about getting Benny's story. The Carthera tales are still among some of my fav stories from any author. I'm happier yet that there might be some hope of his helping his mate to heal. I can't imagine how bad what his father did to them had to be...that little snippet from his nightmare was horrible.

 

i'm sure it must be so hard for him just having his brother become mated and watching him happy with his mate. But, I can understand that along with the joy, it is like a hot poker in his wound, always reminding him that he can't have that when they are around. Must be tough.

 

I'm looking foward to this b/c I have no idea where you will take it. I thought in 'Inside of you' that Jerret mentioned his mate was childlike after what he'd been through. Or am i remembering wrong? Back to wanting weeks to speed by so we get a new chapter lol.

Oh, I have lots of plans for this story! :) I don't want to give anything away right now but yeah... lots of plans!
  • Like 1
Link to comment

I've come late to the party, so happy to see a new Carthera story, can't wait to see what you have in store for Benny. He's having a rough time as it is, I can't wait to read more of his adventures. Awesome chapter.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 02/22/2014 07:35 AM, lilansui said:
I've come late to the party, so happy to see a new Carthera story, can't wait to see what you have in store for Benny. He's having a rough time as it is, I can't wait to read more of his adventures. Awesome chapter.
Just means you get more to read in one go, lol! Glad you like it so far.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

This will  be a treat to read Benny and Yuril's story.  I have a lot of sympathy for Benny and want things to go better for him and his mate.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..