Jump to content
    Cia
    • Signature Author
  • 999 Words
  • 5,757 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Lost Inside - 10. Chapter 10

“What do you mean, what I am?” Yuri ran his fingers through Cleara’s wings. They were soft toward the base and prickly at the ends. He liked that. He stared at the dark brown feathers with gray speckled areas, touching the splots.

“Yuri?”

He looked up. “What?”

“You know you’re different from Cleara and Szorpin, right?” Ellis was talking to him slow again. Yuri rolled his eyes.

“Of course. I’m not an idiot.”

Ellis turned red. “I didn’t mean it like that. I’m just not sure what you know about your kind of Carthera.”

“I’m a cat, right?” Yuri stopped petting Cleara’s wing. He flexed his fingers, watching his thick, white claws pop out and extend past his fingertips. He flicked his ear. “Kinda obvious.”

Ellis tilted his head. “You’re a cat, yes. A Tiger, to be specific.”

“Okay.” So he was a Tiger. What did this guy want again? “Why are you here?”

“I have some people who want to meet you. Would that be okay?”

Yuri shrugged. “Sure. They’re not assholes, right?”

“Yuri!” Cleara frowned at him. Szorpin smothered a laugh.

“What?”

“Let’s not call people we don’t know assholes. It’s not nice.”

“But I didn’t call them assholes. I asked if they were assholes,” Yuri protested. “That’s not the same thing.”

Cleara shook her head. “Semantics.”

“He’s right though.” Szorpin held out a hand to his wife.

“No, Yuri, they’re not assholes.” Ellis stood up too. “We can meet them outside, if you want.”

“I’ll bring out some drinks and lunch.” Cleara bustled off to the kitchen.

“Ooh, food!” Yuri bounced on his toes and then darted outside. The sun was straight overhead, trickling down through the dripping leaves. The wind gusted sending a spattering of drops over Yuri. He laughed. “I wish I could go swimming.”

“Maybe later.”

Yuri spun. “Oh, it’s you again.” The guy was standing with two other men. He flared his nostrils. “They’re human.”

“Yes we are. Ellis tells us you know you’re a cat Carthera.”

“Uh huh.” Yuri squatted down and began digging into the grass, ignoring the other guy with Ellis. That was his name.

“And being a Tiger doesn’t bother you?” The guy asking questions plopped right down in the grass next to him even though he had fancy pants on. Yuri shrugged as he dug his claws into the dirt. “I didn’t introduce myself. My name is Dr. Poinyard. I’m a psychologist.”

Yuri wrinkled his nose. “That’s a head doc, isn’t it?”

Dr. Poinyard laughed. “Yes.”

He laughed. Yuri narrowed his eyes. “I’m sorry I offended you. I should have lied. I know there’s something wrong with me, but you don’t have to make fun. That’s not nice!”

The psychologist lost his smile. “I wasn’t trying to be mean. You made a face this little boy in my son’s class made last week when I talked to his class.”

“Was he a Tiger too?”

“I don’t know, he looked just like any other little boy to me.”

“Sandwiches!” Cleara brought a big plate. “Oh, Yuri! Wash your hands first.”

Yuri pouted but went over to the faucet on the side of the house. His stomach rumbled, and he was hungry! The doctor guys talked to each other quietly. The guy who came sometimes sat next to him.

“You like this… uh”—Yuri waved his sandwich once he’d wolfed down two and was slowly working on his third—“kind of sandwich?”

“Roast beef?”

“Yeah.” Yuri nodded. “Roast beef is my favorite.”

“Does that happen all the time?” the doctor asked.

He stopped chewing the big bite he’d taken to show how much he liked his sandwich. “Wuh?”

“Don’t talk with your mouth full!” Cleara admonished.

Yuri swallowed, then gulped down some soda. “Sorry. What?” he asked the doctor.

“Do you often have a hard time remember words for things?”

“Sometimes.” Yuri frowned, his ears folding down flat to his skull. “I know the word, I know I do, but it won’t come out.” He shrugged and took another bite of his sandwich. “I dunno why.”

The doctors talked to Cleara and Szorpin, but he ignored them until he was done with his milk. “I know you’re here to do tests on me,” he said, interrupting the guy who he hadn’t met yet. “Do I have to go to the hospital? I don’t like it there. It stinks.”

They all stared. “What?” Yuri looked over his shoulder. “Did I miss something?”

“Not much,” one guy murmured.

“Are you okay with us doing tests?”

“It’ll help me remember?” It was hard to keep from scratching the picnic table with his claws but Cleara hated that. “Will my mate come back then?”

“You remember you have a mate?”

Yuri nodded. “He said so.” He pointed.

“You mean Ellis.”

Ellis. “He said when he came that I had a mate. I want him back. Will the tests help me remember?”

“They might, but you seem to be making a lot of strides on your own.”

“I am?” Yuri leaned forward.

“Yes. I’m Dr. Poinyard, by the way. Dr. Vancould and I both think your brain might be trying to fix itself. We’ll need to take blood and ask you a lot of questions and have you do things while you’re hooked up to some machines, but I think this could work.”

“Really? That’s great!”

“It is, Ellis, but I think the therapy you’re suggesting could help speed up the process.”

Yuri swung around on the bench and bounced to his feet. “I like fast. Can we go now? I want to remember!”

“Can he consent?” Cleara asked.

“Yes. Benny said it was up to Yuri.”

The name caught Yuri’s attention. Benny. A flash, a sense of pressure on his wrists and his pulse pounding… Yuri gasped.

“That’s him! That’s my mate’s name.”

Ellis looked up at him. He smiled, his expression radiant. “Yes it is.”

“I want Benny!”

“I’m right here.” A muscular cat stepped out of the trees.

Copyright © 2014 Cia; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 25
  • Love 9
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

oh my god I am so happy for Benny, I love your stories, I followed you

and Rob Colton from literotica. Cannot wait till next week.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 03/06/2014 01:54 AM, pnt44 said:
oh my god I am so happy for Benny, I love your stories, I followed you

and Rob Colton from literotica. Cannot wait till next week.

Thanks pnt44! I'm glad you followed us here! Benny has always been one of my favorite characters too.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Wow! What a cliffhanger! Yuri seems to be improving a little even without any treatment. And that reaction to Benny's name! ... Now I can't wait to see how he will react to Benny's presence. And I have to wait a WHOLE week to find out!

  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 03/06/2014 02:49 AM, belann said:
Wow! What a cliffhanger! Yuri seems to be improving a little even without any treatment. And that reaction to Benny's name! ... Now I can't wait to see how he will react to Benny's presence. And I have to wait a WHOLE week to find out!
The brain is a miraculous organ, after all. I might manage a mid-week update, mebbe.
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 03/06/2014 06:14 AM, secretsides said:
Fingers and toes crossed!!! :)
:D back at you!
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Oh well if Yuri freaks out from Benny's presence at least the two doctors will know what they are up against. But I bet the words 'I want Benny' was the sweetest sentence he has heard since Yuri and he got beaten up. Hope for the best and thanks for keeping us trembling with anticipation :)

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 03/07/2014 04:26 AM, Timothy M. said:
Oh well if Yuri freaks out from Benny's presence at least the two doctors will know what they are up against. But I bet the words 'I want Benny' was the sweetest sentence he has heard since Yuri and he got beaten up. Hope for the best and thanks for keeping us trembling with anticipation :)
Yes, I am not surprised Benny showed up after Yuri said that. He's been through so much. Thanks for reading... and for the anticipation! LOL
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 03/07/2014 07:03 AM, Afrodita79 said:
OMG!!!! what a great chapter please a twofer on this story thes week it's to long till wensday :wub:
It never feels very long to me! LOL I'm going to try very very hard.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Still feels like things are happening too fast, and the situation may explode uncontrollably when Benny enters the scene.

  • Wow 1
Link to comment
raven1

Posted (edited)

Nice cliffhanger!  What will be Yuri's reaction.  I am happy that Benny at least knows now Yuri is aware Benny is his mate.  That's an improvement.

Edited by raven1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..