Jump to content
    comicfan
  • Author
  • 800 Words
  • 1,642 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A prompt a week - 48. The Intern - Prompt 597

Teddy has an intern job at the television show, Chris Andrews has a starring role in. However he stays to see Chris interviewed by a nasty interviewer. What happens when he learns about what really happens behind the scenes.

Taken from Prompt 597 - "How does he always know what to say?"

“How does he always know what to say?” Teddy looked at Bruno, then turned his attention back to Chris.

“Have you met him?” Bruno laughed and shook his head. “For the new kid to the show, he knows more than most of the rest. Chris likes to study everything. He can probably tell you the history of every character in the show. And then there are his personal interests.”

Teddy stood amazed as he listened to Chris, going point by point, fact to fact, about a dozen different topics. Cindy Asper, the interviewer for channel 8, seemed surprised by his knowledge and understanding of such diverse topics.”

“Ms. Asper, there are many things I have little or no knowledge of.” Chris paused and smiled into the camera. “All it means is that I have plenty of life to live.”

“Thank you for a riveting interview. This is Cindy Asper, Channel 8 News.”

“Cut. We’re clear.”

Chris took off his microphone and walked straight out the door.

“Is he okay?” Teddy watched as Chris seemed to almost run out the door,

Bruno shook his head. “Chris showed off on purpose.”

“Why?”

“Where you listening to what she asked him?” Bruno cocked a thumb at Cindy as she talked to her camera men. “That woman is a snake.”

Teddy paused to think what her discussion had been. She had talked about his role, what college he was attending, and she had started to say something about a rumor. Teddy bit his lip.

“She was asking if was gay, again! She knew he wouldn’t answer. But because she only got as far as, the rumor has it, he cut her off. He talked about the classes and topics he was excited to know more about when he starts college classes this fall. Notice how he even thanked the studio for working around his college schedule? Chris is really shrewd. He ran the time out and left. He basically hijacked the interview and left her unable to get the gossip she wanted.”

“Wow.” Teddy looked from the closed studio door, back to Cindy who looked angry.

“Yeah. Chris is eighteen, single, living alone. No drinking, wild parties, or women draped all over him. So they figure he is either too good to be true, or gay.” Bruno shrugged. “Honestly, I don’t care. He’s a good kid, listens, and doesn’t cause a problem.”

“Didn’t his agent try to stop this?” Teddy pulled the clipboard tight to his chest and stared at Bruno.

Bruno shrugged. “Hey, I just write scripts, but I like the kid. Chris is the only one to thank the writers after every script. We are all very careful with his character, because we know he loves the show. It’s more than just a job to him, and he respects everyone from the janitor to the corporate executive.”

Teddy started to walk away when he noticed two things. First was Cindy, getting loud. He paused and was shocked by what he heard.

“Look, I came here for an exclusive. Not so some piss ant kid could dodge my questions. I’ll retake my seat and you film me asking the questions. If you cut here, and then here after I ask the bombshell it will look like we caught him unable to answer and that he’s just a little fag.”

Teddy started to walk over towards Cindy when he noticed the second thing. The light on camera five was on and the cameraman had recorded everything that Cindy was saying. The cameraman spotted Teddy, smiled, and waved him over.

“Listen, I know you work for the kid’s show. Give me a moment. I’ll burn the original interview and everything the bitch said onto a dvd. Make sure it gets to the kid’s manager. Okay?"

“But…”Teddy looked at the camera guy and stood there like a mannequin.

“I watched how you stared at him during the interview. He is a good guy. Who cares if he's gay? My kid is gay. No one should be forced out of the closet ‘til they’re ready. Besides, I’m tired of her ripping apart good people. When they complain, they have no proof. This time, she’s screwed.”

Teddy just nodded as the cameraman went to the back, while Cindy still held the other man at her side, describing just what she wanted. Teddy’s temper grew and as he was prepared to go over and tell her off the camera guy came back holding two envelopes.

“She kept Bill listening to her crap.” He stared at Cindy and grimaced. “Here are two copies. Give one to Chris’s agent and the other to the show’s producer. Hurry, before she gets her retakes done.”

Teddy rushed out the door and toward the producers office. “Damn, my internship just got interesting.”

I hope you enjoyed. Comments are always welcome.
Copyright © 2017 comicfan; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I think you nailed the snake!   Way to go!

 

BTW I am glad you were able to put this out and hope your eye surgeries have had good results.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Daddydavek said:

I think you nailed the snake!   Way to go!

 

BTW I am glad you were able to put this out and hope your eye surgeries have had good results.  

I can't make out more than vague shapes with the left. Depending on the right eye. Thanks for the review Dad. Doing my best. Glad you liked the story.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

It would be nice if we could rally around the good guys some more. Too often people are left to sink or swim best they can. This time, a certain someone will get here.. .

  • Like 2
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Puppilull said:

It would be nice if we could rally around the good guys some more. Too often people are left to sink or swim best they can. This time, a certain someone will get here.. .

Sometimes it just a case of right person in the right place. When you can sympathize like the cameraman did, you can be moved to help. Too bad empathy isn't something everyone has. Thanks for reading.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
6 minutes ago, Parker Owens said:

Now that's an awesome short take. Artful and fascinating and good. 

Thanks Parker. Part of why I enjoy the prompts and Anthologies. 

Link to comment

:lol: I think the back-stabbing bitch just got back-stabbed ! :evil:  I hope she doesn't revenge herself on the camera man.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
17 hours ago, Timothy M. said:

:lol: I think the back-stabbing bitch just got back-stabbed ! :evil:  I hope she doesn't revenge herself on the camera man.

I think the cameraman has reached the point he doesn't care. Besides, I think her news company will be a bit busy dealing with the fall out. Remember, others have made the same claims but she made sure there was no evidence. This time she pays.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..