Jump to content
    craftingmom
  • Author
  • 745 Words
  • 3,056 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Avery & Matt shorts - 2. What a Ride

Prompt # 390: List of Words – beach towel, sock monkey, ceramic bowl, Swiss chocolate, and a turtle.

Prompt # 390: List of Words – beach towel, sock monkey, ceramic bowl, Swiss chocolate, and a turtle.

 

What a Ride

 

"Avery! Come on!" Matt called, tugging on his boyfriend's hand.

The slightly younger man was staring up at the huge ferris wheel that Matt was pulling him to, his green eyes wide with awe. The Pepper's Chilibrew festival was in full swing, and Matt had insisted that they get out and do something fun. It had only been about three months since Avery had been living with his family, and with spring on the horizon, Matt hoped they would be able to get out and do more together than curling up on the couch and watching TV--even though he enjoyed that immensely.

The sun was setting and the bright lights of the rides and game tents were blazing in the darkening sky. They had already visited many of the enticing food tents that had chili-based recipes. Avery hadn't been so fond of the spicer chilis like Matt had, but he had enjoyed the swiss chocolate chili truffles and the Mexican hot chocolate sundae that they had shared.

"I don't know about this," Avery said, squeezing Matt's hand tightly.

Matt gazed down affectionately, eyes taking in the soft fall of Avery's black bangs around his face. He leaned in and pressed a kiss to his boyfriend's temple. "It's okay. I promise, I'll be right there with you. The view is amazing. And after this we'll play some games, and then I'll run to the car for our beach towel to sit on for the fireworks."

Avery just nodded back, still staring up at the huge ride.

Matt nudged the anxious teen with his elbow, trying to distract him from getting too worried. "Hey," he teased, as he pointed at a nearby ball-pitching game, "after the ride, we'll go over there and I'll win you one of those."

Avery squinted at the hanging stuffed toys. It looked like some weird gray thing with a huge red mouth and white hands and feet. He scrunched up his nose. "What is it?"

Matt feigned shock, throwing his hand to his chest in mock horror. "You don't know what a sock monkey is?"

"Sock monkey?" Avery frowned, squinting harder. "It's kinda ugly."

Matt laughed at Avery's assessment. "Yeah, it is. Come on. It's our turn."

After they were seated on the rocking bench of the ride and locked in, Avery's grip tightened a bit as they rode higher into the sky. Matt pulled his hand free and wrapped his arm around Avery's shoulder instead, pulling his small frame against him protectively. He took Avery's hand with his free one as he cuddled them close together. Matt felt Avery's tense shoulders relaxing slightly under his grip.

"See? Look at all you can see from up here," Matt whispered as they looked out at all the twinkling lights of the fair and beyond. He managed to point while still holding Avery's small hand in his. "Look at that ride there. From up here it looks like a spinning turtle!"

Avery leaned just enough to see, finally smiling at the sights below him. He laughed at the ride, and then he pointed at the carousel. "From the top, the merry-go-round looks like a huge ceramic bowl," he laughed.

Matt smiled as he peeked over Avery. "Yeah, it does."

The next few rounds on the ferris wheel they spent pointing out what the different rides looked like. Avery's lean body relaxed even more as he laughed at their comments, falling against Matt in his giggles. Matt's heart swelled at having being able to elicit the sweet sounds of laughter coming from his love.

Avery turned back, and Matt found that their lips were almost touching. When Avery's pink tongue darted out, licking over his thin lips, Matt's breath caught in his throat.

"You okay, now?" Matt whispered gently.

Avery lifted his hand to Matt's cheek, drawing Matt in the rest of the way. The noise and lights of the festival around them faded when Avery's warm lips met his. The tip of Matt's tongue teased Avery's lips, and they parted for him. Matt delved into the sweetness of his lover's kiss, slowly and gently. They were barely aware when the ride stopped, and they were sitting at the top of ferris wheel while lower seats were unloaded.

"Yeah," Avery finally whispered, his bright green eyes sparkling. "I'm perfect."

Copyright © 2015 craftingmom; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 20
  • Love 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

That was so sweet!!!! Even sweeter than the swiss chocolate and the hot chocolate! But swiss chocolate AND chilli...I don't know about that! lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/06/2015 08:28 AM, Lisa said:
That was so sweet!!!! Even sweeter than the swiss chocolate and the hot chocolate! But swiss chocolate AND chilli...I don't know about that! lol
There is actually such a recipe. I looked it up. But I agree, no so sure how it would actually taste. Glad you liked it!
  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..