Jump to content

The Tull Unification

   (1 review)

This story follows teens as they navigate friends, the foster care system and finding out who they are. There may or may not be a supernatural element at play. The series does feature references to the band Jethro Tull, a recurring theme.

This story was originally titled simply 'Jack in the Green' but became the springboard for the entier series.
Copyright © 2015 Dabeagle; All Rights Reserved.
  • Classic Author
  • 12/18/2014 (Updated: 01/03/2015)
  • 8 Chapters
  • 61,882 Words
  • 28,914 Views
  • 95 Comments
  • Teen
  • Complete

Story Recommendations (1 member)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 1
  • Characters 1
  • Chills 1
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 0
  • Feel-Good 1
  • Humor 1
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 1
  • Unique 0
  • World Building 0

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

DaveinLA

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Master Dabeagle is amazing to me.  "The Tull Unification" is a masterful work.  The author manages to weave a story around the spirit of a friend who has passed, an orphan who was not only orphaned by his parent but had adoptive parents who 'disrupted' (a legal term for dissolving an adoption) his adoption to them when it was revealed he was gay, a laid-back single gay mature adult, an aged Rock Band and a host of other adults, teens and children.  The most important thing, however, is that the author managed to give all of these people personalities, make them real and leave the reader with the sense that he or she knows these people.

All of the authors at GA work hard to produce their works for us.  I am grateful for that and am sure that most of the other readers realize what time and sacrifice the authors put into their work.

It takes several things to bring a novel or a story to GA (or any other forum).  The process begins with imagination to conceive of a situation, a cast, a setting, a beginning, an ending and all the points in between.  It continues with the formation of the story - word by word and paragraph by paragraph (all of which take the time and effort to consciously put down by typing or perhaps speaking).  Part of the process involves fighting with the imaginary characters - who often go off on their own tangents - and it is the mark of the greater of the authors who manage to come to smooth compromises with their tangential characters and meld the wildnesses into their original but changed storylines.  Then comes the process of editing so the reader is not only presented with a smooth and readable story, but also not bombarded by spelling, grammar and misuse errors.

Did I mention that Master Dabeagle is amazing to me?  In "The Tull Unification" he has very skillfully and artfully put all of this together to rend a heartwarming, enjoyable  and very readable story from the fabric of his mind.

Thank you, Master Dabeagle - for your imagination, and for your work.

Davey

Response from the author:

Wow. That is quite the glowing review. I claim to be master of nothing - I get great feedback from my beta readers and proper spankings from my editors to provide what you read. I'm grateful for the review and the kind words - happy reading!

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..