Jump to content
    Daddydavek
  • Author
  • 2,345 Words
  • 3,977 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Dean Warner Intrigues - 17. Age of Majority

Chapter 17 Age of Majority

The weekend passed quickly and Dean was back at school on Sunday night going over his notes and completing his reading assignments. He was the only one in the dorm until about ten in the evening when first Ty and then Justin and finally Jacob dragged themselves into the common room where each of them sort of collapsed. It looked like they had all partied hard all weekend long. Dean already had completed his shower and let Ty know that and said goodnight to his podmates and went to bed. He was not so tired that he didn't engage in a little autoeroticism sucking down his third load of the day before falling asleep.

It was a regular week at school for classes except that enrollment for the spring semester was open to students and he had another appointment with Dr. Peterson at four in the afternoon on Monday. He was in the professor's office at five minutes before the hour and the secretary was cordial and ushered him into the office after talking to her boss. Dr. Peterson had reviewed Dean's progress and noted he was carrying a 4.0 average at midterms and all his professors had indicated he was making excellent progress. He laid out three rather more ambitious alternative schedules for the spring semester as each totaled 18 hours or more with a space for the required physical education course. Dean reviewed them all and immediately discarded one that had one of the current semester professors whom he thought was boorish, lazy and uninspiring. While he had an A in the man's class, he had no respect for him as a member of the faculty. Dr. Peterson noted the schedule that Dean discarded so quickly and asked if it was because of Dr. Meyerkord.

Dean blushed and replied “yes sir, I have him this semester and if I had to rate my professors, I would rate him lowest. Even lower than the ones I had at my local community college. I plan to avoid any of his courses in the future if at all possible.”

They moved on and Dean looked at the other two schedules and noted one had a late Friday afternoon session that didn't end until almost six. The other schedule had an eight o'clock class in the morning on Monday, Wednesday and Friday which most students avoided, but Dean didn't mind early classes and was used to swimming at eight on Tuesday's and Thursday. That same time slot was open for swimming in the Spring semester and that was the schedule Dean chose.

Dean cruised through the rest of the week and after his last class Friday afternoon wished his podmates a good weekend as he headed home to celebrate his twenty-first birthday. Ty, Jacob and Justin had wanted to take Dean out for a beer before he left for home, but Dean didn't want to chance having a drink and then driving. They were all abuzz about the basketball team being 5-0 and the big game on Saturday. Dean noted their enthusiasm but wanted to be with his guy. The weather was spotty showers and the forecast was for the temperature to fall below freezing before morning. Dean got home, took a shower and got dressed as he had a dinner date with his mom and John at a nice steakhouse. John picked them up a little after six and they arrived in plenty of time for their seven o'clock reservation. Dean ordered a Margarita as did Debbie and John and of course, Dean was carded. He produced his driver's license and was congratulated. Dean ordered a T-bone, Debbie had the small filet mignon and John ordered the sixteen ounce ribeye. It was a convivial party and Dean and his mom both had refills on their drinks, but John switched to coffee after finishing the first one. Dessert was double chocolate cheese cake with a raspberry topping served with coffee and they took their time and had their coffee refilled. Debbie had told John and Dean that the dinner was on her and John at least negotiated with her to allow him to pay the tip and left twenty percent as the service was excellent. John drove Debbie home and by the time they got there, the roads were starting to get a little slippery. Dean saw his mom into the house where they were greeted by Sadie and then wished them goodnight as he headed back to the car and they left for John's condo. They made it without too much trouble although the roads were getting icy.

Once inside, John put on the gas fireplace in his living room and asked Dean if he wanted some brandy. Dean asked for a small amount in the large snifter John held up and John poured it and another for himself. They settled on the leather couch in front of the fire and sipped their drinks. They were cocooned in a warm glow between the fire and the aged brandy. Soon they were shedding shoes, belts, shirts, slacks and more as they started kissing and making out. They never did finish their snifters of brandy but they did manage to take it into the bedroom and get comfortable on the big king sized bed. Their amorous adventures continued with lots of licking and sucking of incredibly rampant erections further stimulated with some ball playing and an occasional swipe across each other's pucker. Each with practiced experience brought the other nearly to orgasm several times before Dean popped and within minutes John followed him over the top. They each gobbled down the other's load.

“Happy birthday grown-up” said John.

“Thanks! I think it was my best one yet!”

“Here is to many more, together” John replied as he pulled the sheet over them. They cuddled for a while and then fell asleep.

Saturday morning was cold but the skies had cleared and with the sun, the temperature warmed nicely. Dean and John got on John's computer and Dean logged into his finance program and starting logging his expenses for the past week, which included his first installment for the next semester. According to the projections based on full monthly accounting for all expenditures for August, September, October and now November, Dean would have about $16,000 at the end of the year. His October bills had included an estimated tax payment and another was due in January. In spite of his income, he lived frugally as his school related expenses were high. John often complimented him on how well he stretched his money and Dean's oft repeated reply was: “I always had to.”

The bottom line was that he had received $70,000 from the trust through the December first disbursement and was projected to spend all but $16,000, mostly on school and school related expenses. It was a sobering reminder of just how expensive getting a good education was and that motivated Dean to do well and get his money's worth.

Discussing money again brought up the subject of the Trask family wealth. Dean noted that on Thanksgiving, the other partners in the law firm treated John with equality and he asked John about that. John replied, “you remember when I told you that my grandfather sold his partnership in the firm when he retired to Florida?”

“Yes?”

“Well I implied the other partners bought him out, but in reality, I was the partner who bought him out. It was expected of me as I had come into my full inheritance from my grandmother and it was just sitting there. I was her major beneficiary getting half her estate. My grandfather and father each got a fourth. While I try not to flaunt it, I may be the wealthiest man in the county under the age of thirty.”

Dean looked at John sitting there dressed in Levi's and an IU sweatshirt just like he was, and said in his most innocent voice: “So I'm the poor one in this relationship?”

John laughed and said: “When you attain age twenty-six and receive the proceeds from your trust, you will probably be the richest guy your age or younger in the county too, so don't get too bent.”

“I guess I better graduate college then, hunh?”

“Damn right! Say I'm getting hungry, what do you want to do for lunch?”

Dean replied: “Let's call Bob and Mike and see if they want to go out with us to eat. I think they said something about being off today when we talked last week.”

“You're right. I think I remember them saying something about having two Saturdays in a row off too.”

Dean got out his cell phone and dialed the number originally programmed into it back in July. Bob answered on the second ring and Dean asked if they had plans or if they wanted to catch lunch with him and John. There was a short discussion on Bob's end and then he said, “sounds good. Where do you want to meet?”

They kicked it around for a while and then Bob asked: “Why don't you guys come over to our place? We were going to make a pot of chili anyway and you guys can come help us. You might want to stop and pick up some beer and how about getting some crusty bread at the bakery in town?” Dean relayed the invite to John who agreed and then told Bob they would be there in about a half-hour. The bakery was close to John's condo so they went there first to get the crusty bread. The shop smelled wonderful and they picked up a German Chocolate cake for dessert as well. They went and got a case of Bud Light at a convenience store and headed to North Ash. Dean's mom had told them yesterday that she was pulling a double shift and going in early on Saturday. When they pulled into the drive, Dean went home to let Sadie out and John took the stuff into Bob and Mike's place. Soon the the other three guys and Max were outside too and the two dogs enjoyed running after each other. Bob had brought out a tennis ball and threw it high into the air. Max was good at going after it and jumping up and catching it before it hit the ground. Sadie chased and barked at Max and the amount of tail wagging on the two canines was prodigious. They let the dogs run for about twenty minutes and when the dogs started to sit down and pant, Bob said:

“Let's take it into the house and get started on that chili. Sadie can come too.” They all trooped into their kitchen and the dogs went and got a drink and then laid down together on a dog rug in the corner.

Dean noted how comfortable Sadie was and said: “It looks like Sadie knows her way around here and feels pretty secure.”

Mike laughed and said, “well with you being away except on weekends, your mom has sort of 'adopted' us. She is always bringing us something to eat as she says she don't know how to cook for one. Sadie often accompanies her as well. We go over and let Sadie out and make sure she has water and been fed when your mom is at work as well. She looks after Max for us too when we pull a double shift sometimes or, we are running late. It works for both of us.”

Dean looked at the two men and said: “Thanks for being good friends. I was worried how she would react when I was away and I never saw a problem. Now I know why. She has you guys to sort of mother and you guys to watch over her too.”

“Well us and Sean across the street too, even if he is older than your mom” replied Bob.

As if on cue, the doorbell rang and Bob went to answer it as Mike was busy at the stove. From the other room, could be heard the booming voice of Sean.

“You guys having a party and forgot to invite me? Are you daft? You know I tell the best jokes and have the inside poop on everything in the neighborhood.” With that he came strutting into the kitchen followed by a smiling Bob. Sean was carrying a big half wheel of cheddar cheese which he took to the table and demanded a knife which was quickly provided as he began shaving nice chunks from the cheese. “You guys want some? It will go great with that chili cooking on the stove. You got any beer? Paper plates? Paper towels?” He was a non-stop, slick talking Mick and he could really play the part.

John and Dean were amused. It seemed as though Bob and Mike were used to Sean's banter too and just let it flow. Dean knew Sean though, and in a break while Sean was munching, asked: “Have you found a new boyfriend yet Sean?”

Sean blustered and said: “When have I had time to go find a new boyfriend? Between watching out for these two (gesturing at Bob and Mike) and your mom and going to work and keeping up with everything going on in the neighborhood, I've had no spare time for myself. Besides, all the good men are taken, or are too young for my tastes, like the lot of you. I like my man well seasoned, not some young chicken!”

Everyone laughed! Chili was made, bread was broken, more cheese was sliced and beer in vast quantities was consumed. It was a convivial afternoon and evening, the likes of which Dean was not accustomed to. But he decided he could get used to it.

Sunday was colder. Dean and John went and made a late brunch for his mom and then he was on the road as he still had some studying to do that evening.

2012, Daddydavek; All Rights Reserved
  • Like 23
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Sean sounds like a hoot, that has a heart of gold.

Well, at least Dean does not have to worry about his mom,all the neighbors have taken her in as their own.

Still wondering who is lurking around just waiting for the chance to pounce!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/12/2012 08:03 AM, joann414 said:
Sean sounds like a hoot, that has a heart of gold.

Well, at least Dean does not have to worry about his mom,all the neighbors have taken her in as their own.

Still wondering who is lurking around just waiting for the chance to pounce!

Glad you find Sean a hoot. I did too in creating him. I modeled him on a straight friend who would find if too funny if he ever came across this story....
Link to comment
On 07/13/2015 01:06 AM, Reader1810 said:

I think I want to move to North Ash Drive.....

Thanks, I'm glad I could draw a word picture of neighbors being neighborly!

 

Thanks for reading and reviewing.

Link to comment

Yeah, i totally stand behind my comment about Sean, Bob, and Mike. They're the perfect uncle and big brothers. 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Ajbt2001 said:

Yeah, i totally stand behind my comment about Sean, Bob, and Mike. They're the perfect uncle and big brothers. 

Good neighbors are unbeatable and when you are close, become like family!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..