Jump to content
    Dahawk
  • Author
  • 886 Words
  • 6,046 Views
  • 19 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Family Struggles - 1. Prologue~Time Changes Everything

Jared chased his son through the house who was stripping clothes off while being pursued, “Kasey, you have to keep your clothes on for your birthday party.”
“Nuh uh,” Kasey shook his head giggling as he threw his underwear at his Dad and ran out the door onto the rear patio, “Unc Ky, up,” Kasey said as he flung himself at Kyle.
Jared came out the patio door with a tired look on his face and an armload of his son's clothes, “Kyle can you and Blu try to dress him? This is the fifth time since breakfast he decided he doesn’t need clothes.”
“Aw, poor thing,” Blu stuck out his bottom lip at Jared, as Blu took the tykes clothes from him, “Blondie, sit down and hold him, I’ll dress him.”
Kyle sat there smiling while Kasey squirmed as he saw Blu getting clothes ready to put on him, “No… Unc Boo… No…” Kasey cried crocodile tears.
Blu chuckled, wiggling his finger in Kasey’s belly, “Ya big faker, there aren’t even any tears,” he smiled up at Kyle, “where’s the baby whisperer,” Blu bellowed, “MASON!!”
“Unc Boo meen!” Kasey cried out looking for sympathy.
Mason jogged over to Kyle, Blu, and his favorite little man, “What’s all the fuss about,” he took Kasey out of Kyle’s lap before sitting in the chair next to him, Blu handed each piece of clothing over as Mason dressed the little boy. The pair watched on in amazement as Mason managed to distract the boy as well as dress him at the same time. Mason gave Kasey a reasonable argument a two-year-old could grasp why the clothes had to stay on, then set him on the floor to run off and find his cousin – happily so.
“How the flippin’ heck did you manage to do that?” Blu said amazed.
“Special touch,” Mason answered cockily as he blew on his knuckles then rubbing them across his collarbone.
“Modest much,” Blu laughed.
Chris laughed, “Kids know how to get exactly what they want,” as Destiny ran over to his chair.
“Daddy, Kasey pulled Layla’s head off,” Destiny said holding the babydolls head in one hand and the body in the other.
Chris took Layla from Destiny, “It’s okay sweetie, we’ll fix her up in a second, she won’t feel a thing.” Chris popped the doll back together handing Layla back to Destiny before she ran off to find Kasey, “Life definitely isn’t dull with kids around. Guys, I suppose I should tell you Steph, and I are expecting a Son in six months.”
“Congratulations! When do you both find time for sex?” Kyle joked, “You’re always working and Steph is always busy being a Mom.”
“When we do laundry,” Chris laughed.
Kaleb poked his head out the patio door, “Did I hear somebody say something about laundry? Davis and I have a lot of experience in that room.”
“Go away, Shithead,” Blu whooped out a laugh.
“I’m telling you Blu, you're jealous that your washer got more action than my brother and you,” Kaleb snarkily said with a shit-eating grin.
“Go ice a cake ya fruit,” Blu waved his hand dismissively, “Did you tell him we had to replace the washer once he moved out,” he said pointedly to Kyle.
“Babe, it’s Kaleb do you really think he would care?” Kyle pulled Blu into his lap kissing his neck.
An hour or so later the family had just finished singing happy birthday to Kasey. Kasey blew out his two candles getting the look that Kaleb used to get, “Unc Boo,” Kasey called out. Blu walked over beside Kasey bending down to look at him. Kasey giggled as he flung icing in Blu’s face.
Kaleb gave his nephew a thumbs up and roared with laughter, “Nice job, Kasey.”
Jared stormed across the room grabbing Kaleb by the ear twisting it, “You don’t have to deal with his attitude after you teach him stuff like that. Maybe you and Davis want to watch him for the weekend, see what parenting is actually like, little brother.”
Kaleb winced, “No we’ll uh… pass on that. Nan help me!”
“You’ll be fine grandbaby, low intake of sugar for the kid and he’ll be fine,” Nan called out and went back to her conversation with Steph.
Jared pulled Kyle and Blu off to the side, “Guys, do you think Mason is acting strange? He always seems to have a goofy look on his face.”
“Huh, I thought that was how he looked,” Blu said his eyes searching for Mason in the yard, Kyle smacked Blu on the back of his head.
Kyle smiled at his brother, “I think your imagination is getting the better of you, Mason is a nice guy.”
Kaleb came around the corner, “Hey, we are moving back home next month. Blu, you don’t mind if we stay with you guys until we find a place right?”
“Right,” Blu said rolling his eyes, “stay out of the laundry room and Kyle’s office. If you can do that you can stay as long as you like,” he looked at Kyle who was staring daggers at Blu, “Only your bedroom for sexy time,” Blu’s pointer finger going from Kaleb to Davis until one of them answered him.
“Mhmm,” Davis and Kaleb answered simultaneously.

Welcome to Family Struggles, the boys made their transition to being responsible adults, let's follow along as they find their way new struggles.
Copyright © 2018 Aaron Hawke & JT Babbage; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 32
  • Love 9
  • Haha 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I think we’re getting reruns! (I remember the illogical logic of one series of network TV ads, “It’s new to you!” Others have tried to convince us we’d want to see it again!)  ;-)

Link to comment

this IS listed as a Prologue. i've seen many stories do this, but still i, too was hoping for a new chapter :P

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
21 minutes ago, Dahawk said:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ok, to answer a few questions. This was added as a prologue for people that may not have followed the first two books but were interested in reading Family Struggles as a stand-alone. The fur baby is okay, he will be in Family Struggles there was just so much to try to cover in catching everybody up rapidly. The first full chapter is half-way done, it should hopefully make it to you guys for Monday! To say we are pleased with the response Family Struggles is receiving already, has honestly left me speechless. Both Joh and myself are very excited for Kyle and Blu's story as adults to be told, you will see subtle changes in how things are handled by them that comes with being an adult. We'll see you soon with the chapter 'Whole New World.

My pitchfork is ready. Your timer has started ⏳. We look forward to it! 😁

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Dahawk said:

We'll see you soon with the chapter 'Whole New World.

Who will be singing a duet while flying around on a magic carpet?  ;-)

Link to comment
2 hours ago, droughtquake said:

Who will be singing a duet while flying around on a magic carpet?  ;-)

We're making you and blindambition sing 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
18 minutes ago, Dahawk said:

We're making you and blindambition sing 

I’ll be signing the words. I have no words due to laryngitis.   🤪

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Dahawk said:

We're making you and blindambition sing 

I don’t think I’m capable of singing a duet by myself. I don’t know ASL. And my younger brother was very unimpressed with my harmonies anyway!

Link to comment
1 hour ago, BlindAmbition said:

I’ll be signing the words. I have no words due to laryngitis.   🤪

 

41 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

I don’t think I’m capable of singing a duet by myself. I don’t know ASL. And my younger brother was very unimpressed with my harmonies anyway!

Oh come on it'll be fun, little warm up, me meee meeee, and a 1 and a 2... taps foot waiting

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
6 minutes ago, Dahawk said:

 

Oh come on it'll be fun, little warm up, me meee meeee, and a 1 and a 2... taps foot waiting

LOL! *sandpaper whispers* mi, mi, mi...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

Sorry, I’m crying because Ryder’s grandmother just died. I’m not in the mood for singing. I’m too sad. Sorry.

 

 

What happened to the Link button anyway? The window is wide enough to have a blank area on the right side equivalent to the Format and Undo/Redo segments on the left side. I had to use the Comment section in a Status Update and Copy ’n Paste.

Link to comment

Somehow I have the feeling my ticket placed me in a Coach seat, not the Club Car I expected. but I will wait and see what happens.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..