Jump to content
    Dahawk
  • Author
  • 5,653 Words
  • 5,122 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Family Struggles - 9. Babysitting Disaster

Babysitting Disaster:

“I’m not sure about the pool, Blondie,” Blu said as he packed his and Kyle’s underwear in their suitcase.

Blu and Kyle were leaving for the weekend for a teacher’s conference in New York. Kaleb and Davis had volunteered to watch the kids while they were away. Both men praying that the house would still be standing, and the kids still breathing when they returned. Blu grabbed the lube throwing it into the bag.

Kyle sighed sitting the dress shirt he was holding on the bed, “I think – ”

Blu held up a shirt, “This one?”

“Ya that’s fine,” Kyle waved his hand dismissively, “the kids will love it, plus it will give us a way to keep the kids at home through the summer instead of getting a membership for a public pool.”

Arabella knocked on the open bedroom door as she entered the room, “Dad, Pop, Uncle Kaleb is here,” she watched as her Dad’s continued packing.

“Thanks, sweetie,” Blu answered smiling.

“Pop, do you think it will be okay if Tony comes over while you’re away?” Arabella asked, Scarlett her kitten trying to climb up her leg. She bent over picking up the kitten, cradling Scarlett in her arms.

Blu looked at Kyle, who shrugged his shoulders, “Sure, but if you go in your room the door stays open girlie, okay?”

Arabella shrugged, “Okay. Thank you,” she said gratefully then left the room.

“We could sign the contracts and as soon as the weather breaks they could start construction,” Kyle smiled as he placed the last of his clothes in the suitcase, “We could even get them to put in an outdoor kitchen then we could cook and the kids could have drinks outside without running inside for them – not to mention the bathroom.”

Blu sighed, “How much is all of this going to cost Kyle, not only that none of the kids know how to swim. That includes Kasey, how are we going to trust they won’t go in the pool when we aren’t around,” Blu ranted heatedly at his husband who obviously hadn’t thought it all through.

Kyle rubbed his chin deep in thought, “Babe, we could put an addition on the house to enclose the pool that would have a glass wall that could open to the outside when the weather is nice. We can teach the kids how to swim. We could keep the door locked when we aren’t around…”

Kyle looked at Blu smiling innocently.

“I know you aren’t completely on board with this Babe, maybe we could even put a hot-tub in for us,” Kyle’s eyebrow waggled.

Narrowing his eyes at Kyle, Blu pointed, “Don’t try and sexy-time bully me into this Kyle Matthew Waters. My concerns are real and you keep throwing more money at them. Firstly we aren’t teaching the kids shit if we go ahead with the pool all four of them are getting professional swimming lessons. Secondly, Mason, Kaleb, the kids, and my folks are getting first aid certified, and thirdly you are not putting an extension on the damn house.”

Kyle smirked, “Yes Dear, what about the hot-tub?”

“Kiss my ass, you pest, no hot-tub either, the excavation will cost us a fortune, on top of that the pool, water,” Blu smacked his palm to his forehead, “who’s going to look after it and clean the damn thing. It’s not like either of us know anything about it. Oh, yeah, I thought of the fourth, a fence goes all the way around the pool.”

“See Babe, we could just put the addition on the house it would be all enclosed,” Kyle walked over to his briefcase and pulled out blueprints bringing them to the bed rolling the diagrams out. “I’ve thought of most of your concerns which are valid. Look here,” Kyle pointed to the diagram that had the addition planned out.

Blu looked at his husband exacerbated, “I can’t believe you went behind my back and had this done,” he slammed the suitcase shut ripping the zipper around, “I’m going to talk to the Shithead because right now you are pissing me off,” Blu said through gritted teeth leaving Kyle standing alone in their bedroom.

Kyle sighed rolling the blueprints up placing them back in his briefcase. Kyle checked the zipper on the suitcase, he then picked it up carrying it downstairs. Levi looked at Kyle motioning him to the dining room, “Is Pop ok he looks mad?”

“Pop is upset with me,” Kyle hugged Levi, “Don’t worry you kids aren’t in trouble.” ‘I’m probably sleeping on the couch for a few days,’ he thought to himself. Kyle kissed the top of Levi’s head, “Don’t let Uncle Kaleb get in too much trouble while we are gone if Uncle Davis isn’t paying attention to him.”

Levi laughed at the thought of how much horsing around he planned with Kaleb, “Don’t worry he won’t forget this weekend.”

Kyle chuckled loosening his hug as he led the way back to the living room, “I’m kind of afraid of that.” Kyle looked at Davis and his brother, “Thanks for watching the kids we appreciate it,” He said as he glanced at his pissed-off husband.

“I think you need to make a stop at the laundry room before you go,” Kaleb flicked his head at Blu.

“Where the hell is Jared, we need to get on the road, Kyle,” Blu said stiffly as he stood up.

“I… um… I’ll call him Babe,” Kyle wandered out of the room pulling out his phone.

Kaleb looked at Blu, “So nice weather huh?”

“Blow me, Shithead, tell your brother I’m waiting in the car,” Blu said storming off.

“Blu,” Kaleb shouted, “Are you goin’ to say goodbye to your kids?”

“Fuck,” Blu mumbled under his breath walking back to the living room, “Sorry kids,” Blu said as he hugged Arabella, then a group hug with the twins. “Please behave for your Uncle’s, scratch that, make sure your Uncle’s behave while we are gone. Mason will be checking in on all five of you,” Blu smiled at the kids, “love you guys.” He added as he left the house again.

Lincoln looked at Levi cringing, “Remind me to never make Pop mad.”

“You’re not kidding,” Levi mumbled as he looked out the living room window watching Blu get in the SUV slamming the door.

Kyle came back in the room, “Jared will be here in a minute. I got a lot of sweet talking to do the next few days,” Kyle glanced out the window sighing as he saw Blu in the car.

Kaleb laughed at his brother’s predicament, “You definitely are screwed, Kyle.”

“No kidding thanks for the words of encouragement,” Kyle turned and hugged each of the kids, “Try to not hurt Uncle Kaleb too bad even though Uncle Davis is a doctor.” The twins smirked at their Dad, “Alright I need to go face the music, love you guys,” Kyle picked up the suitcase heading out to the SUV.

Jared met Kyle at the rear of the vehicle loading their belongings inside before they pulled out of the driveway for their weekend retreat.

*****

Later that afternoon Levi was digging around in the freezer he pulled out the ice cream, placing it on the counter. He slid a chair over to the cupboard where the hot fudge topping was, climbing up to get it out. Once he had the fudge he popped the cap draining the container into the ice cream and grabbed a spoon before heading to the table to eat his snack.

Kaleb walked in to see what his nephew was up to, “Levi what in the world are you doing?”

Levi shrugged his shoulders, “Havin’ a snack, what’s it look like?”

“A half gallon of ice cream is not a snack. Jesus, did you use the whole container of fudge?” Kaleb asked looking at the concoction Levi created.

“Oh yeah we’re out of fudge,” Levi said with a mouthful of ice cream, “Might wanna pick some up.”

Kaleb stared at his nephew, “Were you planning on sharing that?”

“Are you crazy? Get your own,” Levi pulled the container closer to himself to discourage beggars.

“You’re Dads would kill me if they saw this,” Kaleb mumbled shaking his head, “Davis look at this.”

Davis wandered over, “Holy cow,” he wrestled the container from the young boy, “Gimme that.”

He took the bowl over to the kitchen counter pulled out five bowls and divided it up amongst the household, “KIDS! ICE CREAM,” he set a bowl back in front of a scowling Levi. Arabella and Lincoln just about knocked each other over as they came screaming into the room.

Arabella licked her lips as the bowl was sat in front of her, “Thanks, Uncle Davis.”

“Ya thanks, Uncle Davis,” Lincoln grabbed his spoon as soon as the bowl was placed.

Levi looked at his siblings, “You should be thanking me, you’re eating my ice cream,” He said as he shoveled the remaining ice cream in his mouth before his uncles could disperse anymore of it.

“You’re grumpy,” Kaleb looked Levi who shot him a dirty look causing him to laugh.

“Old people,” Levi grumbled.

A short while later the kids set off to play hide and go seek with Kaleb. The game went on for over an hour until Kaleb complained he was getting worn out. The boys decided to explore the house which ended up becoming a rummage through anything and everything in the house.

Kaleb, Davis, and Arabella started watching ‘The Princess Bride’ on one of the cable stations.

Kaleb got bored so he decided the group needed munchies, he returned with a homemade batch of caramel corn, and lemonade. He handed a bowl to Arabella, “Here you go oh favorite niece of mine.”

“Thank you,” Arabella curled up on the couch with Scarlett on one side Khan on the other, Davis had laid his head in Kaleb’s lap the second his fiancée sat down, tucking his feet under the dogs warm belly.

Kaleb had one hand running through Davis’s hair while sipping on lemonade. The twins came barreling into the room “Uncle Davis, Uncle Kaleb, you gotta see the balloons we found they’re soooo cool,” Lincoln bounced around the room excitedly as he held out two blown up neon colored condoms.

Kaleb sprayed the lemonade he had been drinking across the room, “Uh… where did you find those?”

Levi looked at his uncles, “Dad and Pop were hiding them in a drawer in their room,” he rolled his eyes, “Don’t know why; we could have a water balloon fight. Wanna play?”

Arabella glimpsed at her brother, nearly choking on her caramel corn, “Oh my God Levi, put that down, Uncle Kaleb!”

“Uh, they are colorful aren’t they?” Kaleb turned fifty shades of red as he got up taking the ‘balloons’ off of the boys.

“That’s not fair we found them,” Lincoln protested following Kaleb to the garbage.

Kaleb returned to the living room looking at the twins, “Those weren’t balloons boys.”

“Yes, they were,” Levi threw his hands up, “Weird shaped but they are definitely balloons.”

Kaleb sighed as he motioned for the boys to sit down, “Arabella, I don’t want to embarrass you so if you don’t want to listen to what I’m going to explain to your brothers you can go grab a book or something for a little while.”

“Uh… yeah thanks,” Arabella fleed the room, Khan and the kitten chasing after her.

“Has anybody ever had the birds and the bees talk with you boys?” Kaleb asked with a flustered expression.

“Duh,” Levi looked at Kaleb rolling his eyes, “We know what birds and bees are.” Lincoln nodded his head in agreement. Davis snickered watching a very uncomfortable Kaleb, planning to be no help what so ever.

Kaleb ran his hand over his face sighing, “No not like that, I meant the ‘Birds and bees’ talk.”

“You’re weird,” Lincoln said staring at his uncle.

“Oh god,” Kaleb looked at Davis, “I never want kids of our own.”

“Really?” Davis looked a little disappointed.

“If we do have kids of our own, this conversation will be your problem for our own kids, Doctor,” Kaleb sighed, “Ok boys so…” he rubbed his hands together clasping them, “When birds and bees don’t wanna have babies they use those balloon things called condoms to prevent that from happening,” the twins faces had a puzzled look on them.

“Birds and bees can’t have babies that’s weird,” Levi said with a serious look on his face.

“Ya, birds would be stinging people,” Lincoln chimed in.

Kaleb stared at Davis who sat there snickering at the situation, “Um… ahem… no bees and birds have babies by themselves.”

“No they don’t Uncle Kaleb,” Levi grew unamused.

Kaleb leaned back in the couch covering his eyes, “When a Mommy and Daddy are with each other they use condoms to keep from making babies.”

Lincoln looked at Kaleb, “How do they use them?”

Kaleb threw his hands up in the air, “I can’t do this, ask your Dad’s. This is humiliating,” the boys looked at their uncle more confused than before the conversation started, “Go play but stay out of the balloons.”

The boys went up to Levi’s room talking about how weird Uncle Kaleb was being. Lincoln pulled out his phone to text his Dad.

Lincoln: Dad?

Kyle: What’s up buddy?

Lincoln: Uncle Kaleb’s havin an annerism thingy

Kyle: Is Uncle Davis there?

Lincoln: Ya but he’s just laughing

Kyle: What’s he laughing about?

Lincoln: Birds and Bees using balloons

Kyle: What?

Lincoln: Idk he said to ask you

Kyle: We’ll talk to you later. Dad needs to call Uncle Kaleb. Love you

Lincoln: Love you too

Kaleb’s phone started ringing, he picked it up off the coffee table looking at the Caller ID. ‘I’m so fucking dead,’ he thought to himself as he answered the phone. “Hello?” Kaleb said as he accepted the call.

“You better explain yourself fast, you’re on speakerphone so Blu can hear this,” Kyle demanded answers.

“Uh… well… see… um… the boys found condoms in your room,” Kaleb tried explaining.

“What the hell were the kids doing in our room, Kaleb?” Blu asked.

“We were playing hide and seek with them. I guess they decided to explore,” Kaleb said in an evasive tone.

“Okay, but what’s the bit about bird and bees and balloons?” Kyle asked questioningly.

“Well I tried telling the boys they weren’t playing with balloons,” Kaleb answered a bit flustered.

“What did you say to them?” Kyle said in a raised voice.

“I asked if anybody told them about the birds and bees,” Kaleb cringed as soon as he told them.

“You better be kidding me,” Kyle screamed at his brother, “Davis let you do this?”

“Um… well not exactly,” Kaleb looked at Davis hoping for some form of support.

“I’m so pissed at you Kaleb. We leave the kids with you for one god damn day and you manage to warp our kid's minds,” Kyle yelled.

“Settle down Kyle, geez, Kaleb?” Blu called out.

“Yeah?” Kaleb answered like a scolded child.

“Just don’t say anything else on the subject to the kids, we’ll sort it out when we get home,” Blu said, “if they keep asking questions have them ring Kyle or me and we’ll put them off until we can come up with a proper talk when we get back.”

“Okay, sorry, I was trying to help,” Kaleb mumbled like a scolded child.

“It’s fine, don’t worry about it, it’s not something you should have to deal with, we’ve got to go. Talk to you later,” Blu ended the call.

Kaleb looked at Davis, “Think I can catch a plane to the west coast and you can be here for when Kyle gets home tomorrow?”

“Aww,” Davis sat in Kaleb’s lap, “baby don’t worry about it, they’ll see the funny side later. It’s not like Blu was in the best of moods when he left here and Kyle has his hands full. I’m sure they aren’t really mad at you. Besides, you still have me and I’ll punish you later just for fun,” Davis reached his lips up to meet Kaleb’s.

Kaleb smiled, “It’s been a long time since we used the laundry room,” he laughed, “Maybe after the kids go to sleep…”

Both Kaleb and Davis’s phones pinged with a message.

Blu: I locked the laundry room BTW.

“That sneaky bastard,” Kaleb mumbled.

*****

After dinner Tony showed up to visit with Arabella, they sat stiffly next to each other on the couch watching a movie together holding hands. Kaleb and Davis had shuffled the boys into the kitchen to play a board game to keep them away from Arabella and her date.

“Ha, you owe me $1000 dollars – sucker,” Davis held out his hand to Lincoln.

Lincoln counted his money, “It’s all I have left though,” he whined looking at it.

Arabella came into the kitchen, “Uncle Kaleb, can we please have some popcorn?”

“Sure you can,” Kaleb got up whipping a quick batch up for her and Tony, “Do you guys want butter on it?”

“Pay up little fella,” Davis laughed, holding his hand out, “you’ll have to mortgage some stuff.

“Yes, please,” Arabella wandered closer to where Kaleb had started making the popcorn.

“Fine, here I’ll live on the streets,” Lincoln said dramatically handing over his remaining money.

Kaleb looked at Davis shrugging his shoulders before walking over beside Lincoln placing a hand on his back, “You know it’s just a game, none of us would ever let any of you kids live on the streets.”

“It sucks,” Lincoln sniffled trying to hide his face.

Kaleb looked at the other two kids, Levi hopped out of his chair going to his brother’s side wrapping an arm around him. “Link we’re in this together remember, Dad and Pop aren’t sending us nowhere. Nora told us to always think of the good stuff everybody is doing to help us,” Levi said squeezing his way into his brother's chair.

Davis slid out of his chair kneeling next to Lincoln, wrapping his arms around both boys, “Let’s play a different game, this one is getting boring anyway,” Davis suggested as he squeezed the two boys tight until they squealed.

Levi whispered into Lincoln’s ear, “Are you okay now?”

Lincoln nodded his head mumbling, “Sorry, I ruined the game.”

Kaleb squeezed Lincoln’s shoulder, “You’re allowed to have a bad moment buddy, let’s just forget about it and play something else,” He released the boy's shoulder then finished Arabella and Tony’s popcorn handing her the container, winking. She took the popcorn with a blush rising as she left the room.

“Let’s play cards, we’ll teach you Rummy, you boys can teach us how to lose,” Davis chuckled.

Lincoln wiped his eyes with his sleeve, “You’re old you’ll lose so easy.”

“Hey we’re younger than your Dads,” Kaleb said as he sat back down at the table.

Levi chuckled as he glanced at his Uncles, “Ya but they’re old too.”

“Isn’t it your bedtime?” Kaleb asked, “I think Uncle Davis even got your footy jammies out for you,” He smirked at his nephews.

Levi snickered, “I don’t even know what those are, you are old!”

“You’re a brat,” Kaleb chuckled.

“Maybe, but I’m not old,” Levi laughed uncontrollably making Lincoln giggle.

The card game turned into playing War which the twins ended up beating the adults by playing a bit underhandedly.

“Okay I give,” Kaleb said raising his hands, “You guys need a bath you stink, before your Dads call.”

“Do we have to?” Lincoln asked hoping to avoid it.

“Yes you do goofball,” Kaleb laughed as the boys accepted their fate and went to get cleaned up.

“God Leb, I feel so bad about Lincoln,” Davis said sadly.

“It’s not your fault,” Kaleb got up walking over wrapping his arms around Davis, “They’ve all had a rough time, in such a short life.”

Davis pulled Kaleb on to his lap, their lips touching, his hand cupping the side of Kaleb's head. When he pulled back Davis rested his forehead against Kaleb’s, “When are you going to marry me, baby?”

“Hmm…” Kaleb tapped his finger on his chin, “Let’s see I’m busy tomorrow,” he chuckled kissing Davis, “I don’t want anything fancy, just us and our family,” Kaleb looked into Davis’s eyes with a serious expression on his face, “I’m ready if you are Davis, I’m done making excuses. We are both done with school and have good jobs.”

Tucking a strand of hair behind Kaleb’s ear, Davis kissed him again, “I’m more than ready too. Do you think once we are married you’d consider doing this?”

“Adopting?” Kaleb looked at the love of his life.

Davis nodded, then snuggling into Kaleb’s neck, gently sucking, licking, kissing that sweet spot that he knew drove his man crazy.

“Do you think I’d be a good Dad? I really messed up bad with the kids earlier, Kyle’s pissed at me,” Kaleb stared into Davis’s eyes.

“Aw Leb, it will be okay. I wouldn’t base your parenting skills on one little mess up. You can’t tell me that Kyle hasn’t done a few oopsie’s along the way, they’ve just had more practice, that’s all.”

“I guess you’re right,” Kaleb chewed on his lip thinking, “I think it’d be cool, but I refuse to do the birds and the bees talk, I’m horrible at it.”

Davis roared out a laugh, “That’s what Unc Boo and Unc Kyle are for.”

Kaleb laughed, “If Unc Kyle is talking to me by then, I mean he was really mad,” he shook his head never remembering hearing his brother so pissed in all of his life.

“Not as mad as he was when you and Nan got arrested, remember, he was maaaaad that day,” Davis said as he recalled the scene with a grin on his face.

Kaleb cringed remembering the moment, “I think that was the first time I was ever afraid of my brother.”

“Baby,” Davis chuckled while kissing Kaleb passionately until they heard a throat clear behind them.

“A-hem,”

Kaleb sat up straightening himself out, “What’s up Mas, hi Kasey.”

Kasey looked at Kaleb and Davis, “Wat doon?”

“Uncle Davis was getting something out of my eye,” Kaleb tried explaining to Kasey who was dressed in his pajamas, Mason rolled his eyes.

“What’s up Mas, what brings you by?” Davis asked holding Kaleb still in his lap to hide a little predicament that popped up.

“We stopped over to check on everybody before Kasey goes to bed,” Mason smiled as Kasey yawned rubbing his eyes.

“Wers Evi?” Kasey asked stretching.

“He’ll be down in a few minutes the boys were getting showers before their Dads call,” Kaleb smiled at his youngest nephew.

“M’kay,” Kasey yawned laying his head on Mason’s shoulder.

The boys came running down the stairs joking, and horsing around. They spotted Mason and Kasey standing in the kitchen with their other Uncles. “Kasey,” Levi smiled.

“Evi,” Kasey squirmed to get to his cousin.

Mason handed Kasey to Levi, “No getting him wound up, it's getting late.”

“Do you wanna sit with Lincoln and me?” Levi asked Kasey who was rubbing his eyes nodding.

The boys sat down on the floor together since Tony and Arabella were still in the living room watching the end of their movie.

“What did you do today Kase?” Levi asked rocking the little boy.

“Payed wif Potty,” Kasey said resting his head on Levi’s shoulder.

Lincoln giggled, “Did you take Spot outside?”

“Mhm, wen dooed,” Kasey snuggled into Levi closing his eyes.

Mason smiled watching Kasey, “I was wondering if it’s ok with you guys if I borrowed the kids for a few hours tomorrow?”

“They’re all yours, what time do you want them?” Kaleb smiled when he looked at Kasey laying in Levi’s arms sleeping.

“All three kids?” Davis asked, “I’m off tomorrow and Kaleb is working do you want some company?”

“Sure,” Mason patted Davis’s shoulder, “You can help supervise the rowdy little buggers.”

“Great, I’ll see you tomorrow then.”

Davis stood up, picking up the cups and glasses to put in the dishwasher, “Okay, Levi, Lincoln, time for bed. Twenty minutes to read or play on the computer then lights out.” Davis waved his hands toward the stairs, “Come on boys, say goodnight to everyone.”

“Awe,” Lincoln pouted looking toward the living room, “What about Bella and Tony?”

“Kaleb is taking Tony home in a half hour, you know Bella’s bedtime is later than yours. You’ve already stayed up an extra hour, let’s go, boys,” Davis said clapping his hands.

“Ah… you’re no fun,” Lincoln grumbled following Levi upstairs.

Once the boys said goodnight and went to their rooms, they called their Dads to say goodnight.

Kaleb took Tony home after an awkward goodbye to Arabella, who then turned in for the night.

Davis had a quick shower then went downstairs to watch Netflix on the family television. When Kaleb returned they snuggled up on the couch watching reruns of ‘Sons of Anarchy.’ They could hear giggles coming from the stairs, Kaleb didn’t even move just raised his arm above the couch clicking his fingers.

“Bed, boys,” he said firmly trying not to laugh.

“But this is fun,” Levi mumbled sliding down the banister.

Lincoln popped his head around the corner, “What are you watching? Can we watch it?”

“Don’t make me get up,” Davis told them.

Levi smirked at his Uncle’s ducking behind the couch, “We can outrun the old guys Lincoln don’t worry about them,” he laughed waving his hand.

Kaleb jumped up grabbing Levi’s arm over the top of the couch, “Old guys huh?”

Kaleb pulled Levi onto the couch tickling him.

“Stop it, Uncle Kaleb, you’re gonna make me pee myself,” Levi laughed hysterically flailing his arms and legs to fight off the attack.

Kaleb chuckled releasing the boy from his torturous attack, “Are you ready for bed or should we tickle you some more?”

“I’m good,” Levi grumbled, “come on Lincoln they don’t play fair,” he grabbed his brothers arm heading back to their room.

Davis chuckled, “If anything those kids are fun.”

They could hear the boys door close from the living room.

*****

The following day Davis had the kids up, fed, and dressed before Mason called for the group.

“Uncle Davis, what does Uncle Mason want us for?” Levi asked inquisitively as they sat watching cartoons in the living room.

“We didn’t get to celebrate your Dad’s or your other Uncles’ birthday over the holidays. Pop’s is next week so we are combining them to have a little celebration tonight. Just the two households together,” he answered. Also thankful it was not the entire extended family, a simple celebration without the usual chaos.

“It was their birthday’s? Why didn’t that say anything?” Arabella said hanging her head, “We didn’t even get them a gift or anything.”

Levi rolled his eyes at his sister, “They’re older they can’t remember stuff.”

Davis chuckled, “Watch it, brat. Uncle Kaleb and I have already got presents for you kids to give them.”

“Did we get them a cane?” Lincoln asked looking around the room for the presents.

“No, ya goof – walkers,” Davis rolled his eyes, “Now let’s go Mason is waiting.”

Davis had the kids put their coats on for the trek across the street, once they arrived Kasey pounced on Levi scaring the bejeezus out of him. The cheeky monkey was hiding behind the front door for the sole purpose of scaring his best buddy and favorite cousin.

Levi jumped as Kasey jumped grabbing Levi the leg, “Geez Kase you scared me ya brat,” Levi said as he held a hand to his chest.

Kasey giggled, “We akin ake Evi,” he said slipping his hand in Levi’s.

“That sounds like fun,” Levi said smiling down at his buddy.

“Mhm Potty in ard payin,” Kasey rambled like he was catching up on old times with his cousin as the group reached Mason in the kitchen.

“Hey guys, you ready to help,” he smiled at the new arrivals.

The crowd nodded their heads.

“Put us to work,” Davis said.

Mason wiped his hands on the dishtowel moving around the kitchen island.

“Well, probably taking your coats off would be a good start,” he instructed them with a smirk, “I’ll take Levi and Kasey to help bake the cake. Davis if you, Arabella, and Lincoln want to get started on the decorations that would be a great help. Everything is in the bags on the couch.”

“Great,” Davis said taking his coat off, “let’s get started, kids.”

Mason took his two happy helpers into the kitchen, while Davis went with Arabella and Lincoln to start hanging the decorations. Davis opened the bags shaking his head.

“Jesus Mason, was the party shop having a closing down sale,” he called out.

“Uh… yeah, I know. I went a little overboard, just do whatever you think isn’t too overboard,” Mason called back.

Davis and the kids got to work, Lincoln used the helium bottle and blew up the balloons. He did a pretty good job there were only a few Davis had to rescue from the ceiling without a string. Arabella helped Davis hang the ‘Happy Birthday’ banner. They also hung a few streamers around, high enough so Kasey and Spot couldn’t pull them down. Lincoln blew up a balloon with string but made a slip knot going to the kitchen to put it on Kasey’s wrist for him. He stopped dead in his tracks at the sight before him.

“Ink aste,” Kasey held out his hands which were covered in chocolate icing – hell he was pretty much covered from head to toe in icing.

“Uh…” Lincoln said as he looked at the trashed kitchen which had the remnants of icing that wasn’t on Kasey flung around the room along with a blanket of flour, “Wow, uh, no thanks Kase,” he shook his head, “What did you guys do in here?”

“We ade ake,” Kasey said looking around for his puppy, “Potty elped,” the Dalmatian came around the corner speckled in chocolate to match his black colored spots.

Lincoln giggled looking at the dog, “Looks like he helped a lot.”

Kasey nodded his head as he licked some of the chocolate from his hands.

*****

A few hours later the group had left a note on the front door of Kyle and Blu’s house for them to come over to Jared’s place where the kids all watched for the first sign’s of their Dad’s arriving at home.

Kasey saw the SUV pull in his Uncle’s driveway, starting to jump up and down excitedly, “Evi, Evi,” he tugged at his cousins arm, “Daddy’s ome.”

Levi looked at his cousin, “Go hide behind the door like you did for me.”

Kasey scampered into the corner, Levi held a finger to his lips signaling for Kasey to be quiet.

The lights had been shut out so the house was dark.

The sound of a key unlocking the from the door was heard.

Jared, Kyle, and Blu walked in the darkened house squinting as their eyes attempted to adjust to the darkness.

Kasey jumped out grabbing his Dad’s leg, “Urpise!”

Jared gasped as his little one startled him.

Lights flicked on as the rest of the group shouted ‘Happy Birthday,’ the decorations made the three men emotional as they looked at their family.

Jared bent down picking Kasey up, “Did you do all of this?” He asked kissing his son.

Kasey nodded, “Mhmm… an Evi, Ink, Bella, an Potty,” he counted using his fingers before he hugged his Daddy tightly.

Kyle had a stunned expression on his face as he walked over hugging the twins, “You guys did a great job decorating.” He reached out bringing Arabella into the hug, “It’s beautiful Sweetheart,” he released the three from his hug so Blu could have a moment with the kids.

“Hello,” Blu hugged his kids, “Missed you guys so much.”

He released his hellions gazing around the room.

“Wow, this is fantastic guys. I didn’t expect we’d come home to this,” Blu said.

“What did you expect?” Mason chuckled.

Blu rubbed his forehead with a grin on his face, “Uh… Probably Davis laying in the front yard in the fetal position screaming ‘Why’, Kaleb would most likely be in jail, the house burned down, the kids tied to the clothesline, and Khan laying at the kids feet howling.” Blu nodded his head, “Yeah, something like that.”

“Pop, we aren’t that bad,” Levi rolled his eyes.

Kaleb rushed in the door, “Woah, this is cool sorry I was running late,” he kissed Davis.

Blu ruffled Levi’s hair, “I know you’re not, but your Uncle Kaleb is.”

“Watch it Blu, I know where you sleep,” Kaleb huffed punching his brother-in-law in the shoulder.

“Ow, ya big bully,” Blu whined rubbing his arm, “remember what happened last time you walked in on me and Blondie – your brother.”

“Yuck,” Kaleb cringed remembering the moment, “forget that, there are kids here.”

Kyle laughed at his brother, “So did you kids have fun with Uncle Kaleb and Uncle Davis?”

Levi smirked at his Uncles, “You guys realize we had sex ed last year right so that birds and the bees speech wasn’t needed.”

Kaleb stared at his nephews, “Oh my god, you little shitheads,” he said shaking his head before glancing at his snickering fiancée.

Blu cuffed the back of Kaleb’s head, “Mouth Shithead, there are kids around.”

Kasey hurried over to where his Uncles were standing holding out both hands, “Quarta you oth bad.”

Kyle smirked at his brother, “Don’t forget Uncle Kaleb has to pay two dollars he is extra bad.”

Well, there's how Uncle Kaleb babysits the kids, hope you each enjoyed it, I'm pretty sure Kaleb will never forget it. Thank you to our beta readers, we appreciate their work. A special thank you to each of you readers who have offered your support and kind words.
Copyright © 2018 Aaron Hawke & JT Babbage; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 32
  • Love 24
  • Haha 13
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Kasey will make out like a bandit when Kaleb & Davis start fostering or adopting kids! But they all need to make a much more serious effort to stop swearing in front of the kids so much! At this rate Kasey will have grad school paid for before he finishes elementary school!  ;-)

 

Levi already knows how to play his uncles! I’m afraid of what he’ll be like in a few years when he’s a teenager! He’s going to be a handful when he starts dating – I pity the parents of whoever that turns out to be!  ;-)

Link to comment

Payback is a biatch Caleb. All the stuff he’s put people through. Poor Lincoln feels he’s going to be discarded.

Its pretty bad when you understand Kasey language. 😂

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

It was a funny moment in the story as well as a great joke played by the twins yet the condoms don’t make any sense to me. I mean considering Kyle & Blu are in a committed relationship and have been for years there’s no reason for them to use condoms. The only logical explanation I can think of is that they still had some of those that Nana, Doug, and Lily gave Blu when he started college though I would have...I dunno given them to Kaleb or something as they have no real need for them.

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
On 8/21/2018 at 5:54 PM, NimirRaj said:

the condoms don’t make any sense to me.

Condoms make certain things a bit less messy if you haven’t gone out of your way to prepare ahead of time…
;–)

Link to comment
On 6/4/2019 at 10:15 AM, droughtquake said:

Condoms make certain things a bit less messy if you haven’t gone out of your way to prepare ahead of time…

OMG best comment lmao

As to the chapter, think Levi and Link can claim joint winners for their balloon gag. As for Blu and Kyle, I hope they made up. As far as I can remember I'm thinking this was their first real fight and probably the first time Blu wasn't prepared to let Kyle have his way just to make him happy. I know Blu has always had a thing about throwing money around and maybe Kyle should have thought of that too. Let's get back to happy families.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..