Jump to content
    Dahawk
  • Author
  • 5,269 Words
  • 4,185 Views
  • 17 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Struggling Forward - 13. Spring Break

This is a two part chapter, just warning all in advance.

Struggling Forward

Spring Break:

The boys were laying in bed, Kyle laid awake watching Blu sleep as the sun came up. His excitement was building in only a few short hours their makeshift family would be heading to a mountain cabin they had rented for spring break. Kyle went and took a shower trying to occupy himself, as he returned from the bathroom he couldn’t control his excitement any longer, Kyle slid into bed and traced circles on Blu’s stomach until he started to wake up.

Kyle smiled innocently, “Oh, you finally decided to wake up.”

Blu reached down and stopped Kyle’s hand from tickling his stomach, “Morning Blondie,” he said with a yawn, then stretched. After stretching he quickly grabbed Kyle, pulling his fiancee underneath pinning him to the mattress.

“I’m only awake because you made me,” Blu chuckled evilly then proceeded to tickle Kyle all over his body not staying in one spot too long.

“I can’t help it,” Kyle chuckled as he squirmed, “I’m excited, aren’t you excited too?” Kyle squirmed enough he grabbed Blu’s hand, “Quit it or I’ll piss my pants, Babe.”

Blu stood up on the mattress above Kyle straddling the man with his feet, then jumped up and down on the bed like a trampoline, “Nope,” Blu giggled, “I’m gonna shower then we better pack the truck.”

“Ok,” Kyle waved his hand and chuckled, “You need it, you smell like sex.”

Blu’s smile got wider, “Awesome, I smell like you Blondie,” he stopped jumping on the bed, “Ugh! Now I’m dizzy.” He hopped off the bed heading for the bathroom, “Don’t forget to grab the lube Blondie,” Blu said over his shoulder.

Kyle opened the nightstand and grabbed two bottles of lube and put them in his duffle bag, “Got it!”

By the time Blu was out of the shower Kyle had stirred Kaleb and Davis suckering them into loading the truck.

Kyle was sitting at the kitchen table when Blu came down, and neither Kaleb or Davis were in sight. “Coffee is brewed Babe,” Kyle said as he picked up a cinnamon roll and took a bite.

“Ooh, did Kaleb make those?” Blu pointed to the rolls.

Nope, these are those ones from the tube you pop them in the oven. I suckered the other two into loading the truck, being the oldest has privileges if they don’t wanna be bothered by us checking the laundry room for a week after our vacation.” Kyle snickered.

Blu rolled his eyes, picking up a sub-par cinnamon roll, “Like that would stop them. You want me to fill the thermos?”

“Ya, then we won’t have to stop other than if the girls need to stop and use a bathroom or we may be there for a while waiting for Kaleb and Davis,” Kyle pointed to the empty laundry room, “If you get my hint.”

“God, them two will do it anywhere,” Blu crinkled his nose, then paused for a moment to think, “are we too boring Blondie?” he asked sitting next to Kyle at the table.

“Nah,” Kyle shook his head, “We just have some self-control, they are like two dogs in heat.” Khan stood up looking at Kyle with his ears perked up, causing Kyle to give him a scratch on the chin.

Kyle and Blu finished their coffee and cinnamon rolls before heading outside where they met the rest of their family.

Kaleb stared at his brother, “It’s about time, where the hell were you, I thought you said that you would be right out to help?”

Kyle chuckled, “I came out didn’t I?”

“Prick,” Kaleb mumbled to himself.

“Everybody ready to hit the road?” Kyle smiled like a little kid opening his Christmas gifts.

Davis tossed the car keys to Kaleb, which made Kyle glare at the two. “He can’t drive, he doesn’t have his license,” Kyle groaned.

“Wrong,” Kaleb grabbed his license out of his pocket waving it in Kyle’s face, “I got it a few days ago while you and Blu were busy playing hide the salami and had Khan howling like it was a full moon.”

Kyle turned about fifty different shades of red, “I… uh… we never… I think we should hit the road,” Kyle hopped in the SUV closing the door abruptly.

Blu stood laughing hysterically at Kyle’s embarrassment, even though his face was a little pink too, “That was a good day,” he said out loud, then he followed up with, “Congratulations Shithead,” before hopping in the truck with Kyle. Kaleb stood in front of the SUV and took a bow.

“Think I could say the truck slipped into gear?” Kyle muttered while he watched Kaleb's actions.

“I’d say yes, but I wouldn’t really be a good witness Blondie, and I don’t think my testimony would somehow bode well for you. It’s hard to take a witness seriously while they are laughing their ass off.”

“Fuck,” Kyle shook his head as the girls got in the rear seat, “Ladies, I’m glad you’re riding with us if it was my smartass brother we would have had to find a deserted road to dump his battered remains.”

“I’ll help dig the hole,” Charlie put her hand up volunteering to help.

“Charlie!” Liv gasped.

Charlie smirked at Kyle in the mirror, shrugging a shoulder, “What? I’ve always wanted to be part of a scandal.”

“You’re the best Charlie,” Kyle smiled placing the car in gear, “If something happens with Blu I’ll look you up,” Kyle joked as they started their voyage. Khan barked at the rear of the truck, after not being put in the truck. “Goddammit, how did I forget him?” Kyle got out and opened the rear door for Khan as he apologized frantically to his baby. Khan hopped in the rear seat stretching over the girl's laps making himself comfortable.

*****

Two hours later the crew pulled into the cabin, Kyle parked the SUV and stepped out of the truck stretching. Kyle looked at the scenery, the foliage had just started to bud, “It sure is beautiful here,” he said as his eyes fixated on the lake which was calm and had a glossy sheen.

Blu went to the back of the SUV to start unloading, he pulled the back open grabbing lighter, easier things to carry handing them off to the girls first. Not that he thought the ladies couldn’t carry the heavy stuff, but his Dad taught him to be a gentleman to ladies. He brought the coolers to the edge, “Blondie,” he called out, “come give me a hand.”

Kyle strolled over to the gate of the SUV helping lift a cooler, “Jesus, did Kaleb forget we are only here for a week?” Kyle shrugged his shoulders, “I guess we won’t starve at least.”

Davis and Kaleb came up behind the boys, grabbing the next cooler. Chris stayed behind organizing the other gear to come out because he didn’t want one of the girls trying to lift another cooler if the others were already struggling. Charlie and Liv returned empty-handed, Chris started piling things into the girl's arms, Steph too. She kissed Chris with her arms loaded, as Blu returned, “Red,” he said as he tried to hug her, she dodged him.

“I’ll get you in a minute when I’m not carrying all of this,” she smiles at Blu. He smiled returning with a wink.

“Yeah, ya will,” he smirked, “come on Topher give me a hand with the last cooler, Kyle and Kaleb are already arguing in the kitchen on how to set it up.”

Chris and Blu were bringing in the last cooler as the brother's argument continued. “Kyle you wouldn’t know how to cook roast beef, you’re only capable of nuking shit or it turns to charcoal,” Kaleb shouted as he slammed the refrigerator door. Khan’s head kept bouncing between the brothers as they argued, his ears twitched and he emitted a low growling grumble like he himself were involved in the argument.

“Just because you can cook, don’t think I can’t kick your ass,” Kyle poked Kaleb in the chest with his finger, “Remember the last time you decided you could take me, you ran after James to protect you crying like a whimpering bitch.”

“Fuck me dead Topher were they like this when they were younger?” Blu said next to Chris, both stood with their arms folded watching the two brothers bicker. Davis was off to the side shaking his head. Liv put her pointer and thumb in her mouth and made a high pitched whistle. Everybody stopped and covered their ears.

“You two idiots knock it off,” Liv said angrily, “we’re here for a week to enjoy ourselves. I for one, don’t plan on listening to you two have a schlong measuring contest over everything,” she scrunched her nose up.

“Kyle, you and Blu, go out to the meters and make sure everything is turned on. Davis, you help Kaleb set up the kitchen how he wants it as I assume he’ll be using it the most. Liv, Steph, Chris and I will make sure all the luggage makes it to the right rooms,” Charlie said with a stern nod, her eyes went wide, “what are you all waiting for an invitation, move it,” she clapped her hands, “chop-chop,” everyone scurried about to do as they were told.

“But I think it…” Kyle started to say as Blu grabbed his hand dragging him out the door as Khan chased behind.

*****

After lunch Kyle grabbed Blu’s hand pulling him up off the couch he was lounging on, “Babe, let's go fishing. The rental company said there's fishing gear in the boathouse with two rowboats and a jetski. At least I can show Kaleb I’m capable of providing food for us,” Kyle said snarkily, loud enough for everybody to hear.

“Ya, good luck with that,” Kaleb shouted as Davis covered his mouth rapidly with a kiss to hush his boyfriend as the other two headed out the door.

Kyle and Blu found some old fishing gear and bait that was stored in an antique looking refrigerator in the boathouse. After loading it into a rowboat they pushed off heading out into the lake.

“This is really relaxing Babe,” Kyle said once they were drifting in the center of the lake with their lines in the water. They had been out on the lake for a few hours already.

“Mhmm,” Blu said from his comfortable position, rod in one hand, reading a copy of Shakespear’s ‘A Midsummer Nights Dream,’ relaxing with his legs out in front one ankle crossed over the other.

Kyle’s line jerked in the water causing him to jump to his feet the boat lurched from side-to-side rapidly capsizing. Kyle came up to the surface sputtering water, not seeing Blu he yelled, “Babe, are you ok? Blu!” Kyle shouted worriedly before he started swimming and searching for Blu. Kyle spotted Blu and swam to him getting Blu’s head out of the water, “Come on Babe, wake up, you have to wake up.” Kyle floated on his back with Blu on top of him he made slow but steady progress headed for the shoreline. Kyle was growing tired from being in the cold lake water which had yet to warm so early in the year.

Kaleb and Davis were out in the other rowboat looking for the two due to the sun starting to set when they spotted oars floating in the water. Kaleb pointed, “Dammit where are they? Something happened I know it did, I didn’t want nothing to happen to them,” He said looking around the lake frantically.

“Leb, baby, calm down, we can’t find them with you having a panic attack at the same time,” Davis said grabbing Kaleb’s face with both hands so he was forced to focus on him. “Breathe, Leb,” Davis took a deep breath with Kaleb, “you’re doing good baby, that’s it,” Kaleb started to calm down, “You ready?” Kaleb nodded, “Right then let’s go down the side of the lake see if we can spot them. If not we’ll get Chris and the girls to search from the shore and we’ll take the jet ski,” Davis said convincingly to Kaleb.

They followed parallel with the shore finally spotting the boys floating on the surface Kyle clutching Blu for dear life. Kaleb shouted, “Kyle, are you guys okay?” as they doubled their efforts rowing as fast as they could.

Kyle mumbled through chattering teeth, “I’m o… kay… get Blu outta the water.”

Kaleb leaned over the edge of the boat once it was alongside Blu and Kyle, grasping Blu’s arm hoisting him into the boat. Kaleb looked at Blu who had a dazed look on his face, “Blu,” Kaleb gently slapped Blu’s face, “Come on Blu focus so we can get Kyle in the boat quick.”

“Leb, get your brother in the boat while I look after Blu, they’re both going to end up with hypothermia,” Davis said pulling Blu toward him to counter the weight in the rowboat.

“Kyle take my hand,” Kaleb called out as he reached for his brother. Kyle attempted to grab Kaleb’s hand but was simply too cold and worn out to hang on. “Kyle,” Kaleb shouted, “take my damn hand, I’m not letting anyhing happen to you,” Kyle reached his hand out and Kaleb grabbed ahold of it pulling him into the boat, which left everybody emotionally and physically drained. Kaleb hugged his brother tightly to his body as if to warm him up, as Davis rowed them back toward the boat dock.

The boat came to a stop at the dock and Kaleb tied it off. Davis and Kyle lifted Blu to Kaleb, who waited for Davis to help him get Blu inside, who was now semi-conscious.

“Kyle,” Davis said to him as he and Kaleb drag-walked Blu to the cabin, “get inside now, take off the wet clothes, all of them,” he said sternly, “then get in bed, we’ve got Blu, we’ll be there in a minute. DO NOT get in the shower. Go!”

Kyle nodded, “Okay,” his lips turning blue, teeth chattering, as he glanced worriedly at Blu and headed toward the bedroom already stripping clothes letting them fall haphazardly. Kyle got to the bedroom and crawled into the bed.

Davis and Kaleb came through the door carrying Blu, as the others stared wide-eyed trying to work out what was going on. Davis started barking out orders.

“Liv, in my bag there’s a first aid kit grab it and bring it to their room, Chris, see if you can get a signal and call for an ambulance,” he gave Chris a look that terrified him into action, “if you can’t get a signal, Kaleb’s keys are on the buffet, fucking well drive till you get one or to a place with a phone. Charlie grab the blankets off of two other beds and bring them to the bedroom.”

They finally made it to the room, Kyle was shivering laying under the blankets. When he saw Blu he tried to get up, Davis stopped him, “Just lie there, Kyle. I’m not messing around, this can turn deadly in the blink of an eye.” Kaleb and Davis stripped Blu, then lifted the covers laying him next to Kyle, who wrapped his arms around Blu. Khan laid at the bottom of the bed whimpering as he maintained a vigilance over his masters.

“Don’t rub Blu, Kyle, all you’ll do is send him into shock,” Davis said. Liv came running in with the first-aid kit. Davis grabbed the thermometer shoving it into Kyle’s mouth, he also had a rectal thermometer and apologized to Blu before positioning it in his groggy body. Charlie and Steph came in with the blankets. He laid one more on the bed, “Charlie, lie next to Kyle, Kaleb, take off that wet shit, then get in between Blu and Kyle,” Kaleb didn’t argue. He stripped all his clothes off getting between his brother and Blu, “Liv get on the other side of Blu. We need to warm their bodies back to room temperature slowly, don’t hug them or try warming them up with your hands just lie there and let them absorb your heat.” Davis checked their temperature, Blu’s wasn’t as bad as he thought it would be, Davis sighed in relief for a moment, now his only worry was Blu’s head injury. He wasn’t sure if Kyle was aware so he kept it to himself.

Davis took Steph out into the hallway, “Steph, come and get me if anything changes – immediately, I’m going to see if Chris has managed to get hold of emergency services. I’m going to make the two of them some hot chocolate to help warm them from the inside. You and Liv need to make sure Blu stays awake, I know he’s groggy, but make sure he stays awake, don’t let him fall asleep,” Davis reiterated, “I’ll be back in a minute,” Steph nodded with tears in her eyes going back into the room.

Davis filled and started the kettle, then went outside to find Chris. Luck was on their side, he had managed to get a signal down by the lake. Chris had his back to Davis, his arm fell from his ear, Davis watched as Chris’s shoulders jerked up and down. He ran down putting his hand on Chris’s shoulder, squeezing to let him know he was there. Davis gave him a moment to get it out.

“Come on buddy, I need you, you can fall apart later,” Davis said sympathetically.

Chris twisted his head to look at Davis, wiping the tears away, “I’ll be okay, they need us right now. The ambulance should be here in like twenty minutes, they said the cabin is on the outskirts of the coverage area,” Chris croaked.

“They’ll be fine, we’re doing everything we can right now, we need to get something warm and sweet into them, I’ve boiled the kettle if you could make them both a hot chocolate, while I go check their temperature again. Kyle should be able to drink it, but Blu may not. Don’t react in that room, we’ll have Kyle and Kaleb losing their shit okay. I need you to stay calm, so they do. They need you, can you do that?” Davis asked. He was not trying to be condescending, but he had to be sure Chris would be level-headed.

Chris nodded and headed to the kitchen, leaning against the bench to catch his breath, Davis followed him, “Chris,” Davis said quietly behind him, “everything is going to be okay. I know they are the only family you have, but we are doing everything possible.” Chris nodded his head, Davis squeezed him on the upper arm before making his way to the bedroom to check the thermometers. The two boys were shivering, teeth chattering, Blu’s temperature had not moved, and his color remained a bluish grey but Kyle’s had slightly improved. At least they had managed to keep Blu awake so far.

“Kyle, can you tell me what Blu is studying at school?”

Kyle had a puzzled look on his face, “Uh… re… reading.”

Davis not too happy with the answer, “Do you know what year it is?” he asked an easier one.

“2016?” Kyle guessed.

“Okay buddy, you relax,” Davis said exiting the room to the hallway. He paced the hallway for a couple of minutes, trying to think what to do, even though all he could do was wait for the ambulance. Chris past by him with the two drinks. Davis gave him a small smile so he wouldn’t worry. The second Davis heard the sirens he ran outside the cabin. Two paramedics jumped out and moved swiftly toward Davis, as he led them to the two boys, he told them everything he knew about the incident and everything they had done to warm Blu and Kyle. They thanked him, then cleared the room so they could do what they needed to help the two. One of them came back out, running to the back of the ambulance grabbing the stretcher, they then called in Davis and Chris to help walk Kyle down to the rig, still wrapped in a blanket. The paramedics whisked by the shaken family with Blu on a stretcher.

“Which hospital?” Davis called out, “Come on guys, Leb you better put some clothes on.”

Davis locked Khan in the house, as they all piled into the SUV as it could accommodate them all. Kaleb got dressed in the truck as they drove to catch up with the ambulance which Davis had in his sights.

“Someone better ring Doug and Lily,” Davis said to no one in particular, as he kicked himself for not having done it yet.

Kaleb slid his shirt over his head as he dialed Doug’s phone, “Hello?” Kaleb said into the eerily quiet phone.

“Kaleb, son, how’s the cabin?” Doug asked.

“Dad…” Kaleb sniffled, “They’re both on the way to the hospital.”

There was silence for a moment, Kaleb heard a deep breath on the other end, “Who, Kaleb, who is on the way to the hospital?” Doug asked a little too calmly for Kaleb’s comfort.

“Kyle…” Kaleb sobbed, Chris grabbed the phone from Kaleb’s hand, resting his hand on Kaleb's shoulder the entire time he spoke with Doug.

“Hi, Doug, this is Chris, there was a boating accident. Kyle and Blu are both being rushed to Divine Mercy Hospital,” Chris shakily said, “We don’t know much other than they were both conscious when the ambulance left.”

All Chris could hear after that was Doug yelling to whoever was in the house, “The boys are in the hospital, we’ve got to go,” he heard Lily sob and Nan gasp in the background then they were disconnected.

Chris looked at the group fighting back his own tears, “They are on their way.”

Kaleb had a death grip on Davis’s hand, “Thanks for doing that Chris.”

“Kaleb, should we call your Mom?” Chris asked worrying if he should have even broached the subject.

Kaleb shrugged his shoulders and sobbed, “If you want to call somebody, call James.”

Chris dialed Remington Manor’s phone, “Hello?”

“Remington Manor,” James answered, “Christopher, how are my boys?”

“Not good James, there was a boat accident Kyle and his fiancée were both hurt,” Chris sobbed, “they are both on the way to the Divine Mercy Hospital.“

James let out a long stressful breath, “Christopher, let Kaleb know I’ll be there as soon as I can get a flight.”

Thanks, James, I’m sure they will appreciate it. We’re all really scared,” Chris said as tears streaked his face.

“I know Son, I’ll be there soon,” James disconnected the call.

Steph pulled Chris into her side as he sobbed uncontrollably, “It’s gonna be okay Baby.” Chris just shook his head as his world seemed to fall apart before his eyes for the second time in his life.

*****

The makeshift family maintained vigilance in the waiting room since the previous day. They received brief updates throughout the night but haven’t really been informed of much since. Doug, Lily, and Nan had arrived hours before, Doug and Lily had disappeared with the doctors a long time ago. Nan tried to occupy their makeshift family, but nothing seemed to lighten the gloomy mood in the waiting area.

Kaleb paced the floor like a caged animal, “When are they gonna tell us how they are both doing?” Kaleb turned to walk the other direction, “It’s not that damn hard to keep us informed more regularly.”

James walked into the waiting area with his tie loosened and his top shirt button undone, “Kaleb,” James said as he placed his hand on Kaleb’s shoulder stopping him.

Kaleb spun around flinging himself into James’s arms, “Oh God, James, I can’t lose Kyle,” Kaleb sobbed, “He’s gotta be alright. We had a fight before the accident, I was horrible to him, I didn’t mean anything I said…”

“Hush Kaleb,” James rubbed Kaleb’s back, “Your brother knows you love him. He’ll be okay I promise you that, both of you boys are stronger than anybody will ever know.”

Davis stood from his chair, thankful that his boyfriend had finally stopped pacing, he went to his side to meet James who he had heard so much about. Kaleb took Davis’s hand, “James this is my boyfriend Davis, he’s been my rock through this,” Kaleb gave Davis a weak smile.

James stuck out his giant hand to shake Davis’s hand, “It’s nice to meet you, Son, thanks for looking out for this one. He tends to fly by the seat of his pants.”

Davis gave a little chuckle, “He’s definitely not boring. It’s nice to meet you too, Kaleb and Kyle talk about you all the time.”

“So how’s my other boy?” James asked with concern.

Kaleb shrugged his shoulders and went almost hysterical, “I…” Kaleb sobbed, “I dunno.”

James sighed, “Sorry why aren’t you in with him?” James asked as he looked at Davis with a puzzled look.

“Doug and Lily went back with them once they got here,” Davis replied so James didn’t have to decipher through Kaleb’s sobbing.

James ushered both boys back to some open chairs and sat down with them, “Doug and Lily sound like some special people from the few phone calls your brother gets to make to me.”

Kaleb sniffled, “They’re the best,” Kaleb wiped his eyes with the palms of his hands, “When Rudolph and Penelope turned their back on Kyle they have been there for him and me.”

“I’m glad to hear you boys have them,” James said somberly, “You both deserved parents like them.”

Doug came from the doors into the waiting room, he walked swiftly to where the kids were sitting, they all attacked Doug at once trying to find out how the boys were. He tried to talk but couldn’t be heard over the rising voices in front of him.

“KIDS!” James shouted with a thundering voice, stopping all the chatter immediately.

Doug reached his hand out to James, “Thanks, Doug Waters,” he introduced himself.

“James Jessup,” James shook Doug’s hand, “I was Kyle and this one’s Caretaker,” pointing toward Kaleb.

“I’ve heard plenty of nice things, the boys speak so fondly of you,” Doug gave him a warm smile.

DONK! WHACK!

“Watch it, old lady,” Doug warned his Mom.

“Stop flirting with the big fella,” she looked over at James giving him a wink, “we’ll talk later,” Nan made a sound like a tiger at James, “How are the boys?” James’s eyes grew and he gulped pulling at his already loosened tie.

“Simmer down woman, Kyle’s out of the woods but they are still bringing his temperature up, he’s also suffering from exhaustion,” Doug looked away for a moment before continuing, “Blu, however, is in critical but stable condition. He has mild hypothermia, but the biggest concern is the concussion.” Doug didn’t want to tell the kids that Blu was currently in surgery to relieve pressure on the brain. “I’ll be back in a tick guys… James, walk with me.”

The doors swung open and Kaleb’s eyes became filled with a mixture of fury, hatred, and contempt as Rudolph and Penelope walked jovially in sipping on some swanky type of coffee, “What the hell are you laughing about?” Kaleb shot out of his chair, “Doesn’t it bother you your son was fighting for his life?” Kaleb pointed his finger at Rudolph, “And you, you should be the one that lays in a hospital fighting for his life. You’re pure evil, how can you even show your face here?”

Rudolph snarled, “I came to claim Kyle’s body, at least once he is gone some of the disgrace he brought to my name can be erased. Isn’t that right Penny?” Rudolph patted his wife’s hand.

“Do you believe the shit he says, Mother?” Kaleb stared at Penelope.

“Don’t you use that tone with me, Kaleb, your brother is the evil one,” Penelope said as Rudolph rubbed her hand, “His wicked ways bedding a man, he should be wiped from the earth and I assume God seen fit to finally do it.”

“Bed a man, huh?” Kaleb’s voice rose, “Well Mother just so you know,” Kaleb reached out motioning for Davis to come over to him, “We have had sex in our laundry room, our kitchen, the living room, and our bedroom,” Kaleb smirked, “Oh, and even on Kyle’s desk in his music room. I’ll have you know I even enjoy taking Davis’s dick up my ass on occasion,” Kaleb reached out taking his hand, “The only fucking evil in Kyle’s or my life is the two of you!”

Rudolph drew his arm back like he was going to strike Kaleb as James came thundering into the waiting room sending Rudolph sprawling across the floor. “I don’t think you will be hitting my boy,” James shouted, “You can both consider this my resignation, I’m through working for either of you bigoted homophobes. I have dealt with your comments over the years because I love your Son’s but they are grown now and don’t need me. But, if I ever see or hear of you bothering either Kyle or Kaleb I will not rest until you’re both either six feet under the ground or in jail whichever comes first. Now, I recommend you both leave before I really get pissed.”

“You will never work for another person of my stature as long as you live,” Rudolph said as he stood up brushing his suit off, “Come, Mother, it’s obvious the Waters kid has corrupted both of our children's minds.” Rudolph took Penelope’s hand and the two left in a huff without ever knowing Kyle’s condition.

The family watched as Nan leaped from her seat, “Oh, Rudy,” she called out sweet and innocent. The couple stopped as she caught up with them. All eyes were on them after the spectacle they’d made in the waiting room. The entire place watched as Nan leaned closer to Rudy as she spoke, then as quick as lightning she put her hands on either shoulder of the man, then with all her power kneed him in the nads. Nearly the entire room gasped at the sight then erupted in applause.

James walked over to Kaleb, “Son, I think you guys should all go home,” he placed his hand on Kaleb’s shoulder, “I’m here, you know if anything happens with Kyle I would call you. You all need some rest, plus Blu and your brother do also.”

Kaleb sighed, “Can’t I go see him for a little bit?”

“He’s asleep from medications they are giving him,” James lied as he tried to keep Kaleb from becoming more upset over the accident.

“But…” Kaleb started to speak.

James held his hand up, “There are no buts, all of you go back to the cabin. I will call and check up on you regularly and let you know of any new developments.” Kaleb’s shoulders dropped as he admitted defeat, he wouldn’t argue with James, of all people in his life James earned his respect. “Good now all of you load up and get out of here,” James pointed toward the door.

Kaleb nodded taking Davis’s hand, “Everybody let’s go back to the cabin, you to Nan, you can use Blu and Kyle’s room to get some rest.” The crew stood up gathering their belongings before heading out the door.

~to be continued in the next chapter~

We are nearing the end of Book 2 and things are starting to heat up, we would like to thank you all for following and giving us feedback. You will start seeing glimmers of where each of the boy's lives is headed, we hope each of you continues to enjoy it.
Copyright © 2017Aaron Hawke & JT Babbage; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 28
  • Love 17
  • Wow 2
  • Fingers Crossed 1
  • Sad 8
  • Angry 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

The flaw in the plan is that they can’t get a signal in the cabin. They won’t get calls from James. Someone would need to stay down by the lake!

 

Quote

You will never work for another person of my stature as long as you live

Well, that shouldn’t be very difficult. Most ex-cons have more respectability than the vile Rudy! Why would James want to deal with another boss who was so evil?  ;-)

Link to comment
5 hours ago, droughtquake said:

The flaw in the plan is that they can’t get a signal in the cabin. They won’t get calls from James. Someone would need to stay down by the lake!

 

Well, that shouldn’t be very difficult. Most ex-cons have more respectability than the vile Rudy! Why would James want to deal with another boss who was so evil?  ;-)

well, i agree with you, James was just trying to get Kaleb out of the hospital. As far as James employment I really assume he could give a rats ass to work for somebody like Rudolph again.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
4 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Great Chapter. I hope that Kyle and Blu are ok. I hate cliffhangers

Thanks @chris191070 there was no way to avoid having the chapter run over we were just getting to long with no way to wrap up quickly.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, Dahawk said:

uh... well @Wesley8890 mince words, and I assume you're looking forward to seeing what bs the lovely Rudolph and Penelope pull next.

They're still not done?!?! I can't use very many other words so I'll guess I'll have to save my insults

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
6 hours ago, Wesley8890 said:

They're still not done?!?! I can't use very many other words so I'll guess I'll have to save my insults

Oh, I so can't wait for this!!!!!!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment

Verrrrrrrry nicely done...excellent flow, great humor, beautiful show of love and loyalty, and awesome icing on the cake, with the "Knee To The Nuts" Award going to....(drum roll)...NAN!!!!! (The crowd roars with a standing ovation...Yayyyyyyyyy!!!) Too bad Kahn was left at home...those 'Nads would have been down the hatch!! :2thumbs::heart:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment

Just when I think I can't hate R and P any more than I already do, you all go and do this.   I was also applauding with the rest of the waiting room when Nan's knee met Rudy's jewels.  I wonder how they found out, and why they thought that Kyle was a goner??? 

 

Gonna read the next chapter now, and maybe find out LOL...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment

B).............. Well I see Im not needed to comment here, my work is done already!  :rolleyes:  Great half-chapter!

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I’m a little confused as why James didn’t want Kaleb to see Kyle as Blu is the one who’s critical condition they were trying to keep secret, well Doug was trying to keep it a secret, and it might have actually calmed Kaleb down some to see his brother was alright. I found the boat being capsized by a fish a little fishy so with Rudolph & Penelope showing up along with the mistaken impression Kyle was dying I’m beginng to wonder if it was an accident. I’m also thinking back to the man with the hat that they assumed with a private investigator and I’m curious about some facts that have been glossed over. My memory is bad as I thought they saw him talking to Christopher but maybe it was Chapman/Chipmunk as Christopher didn’t seem to know who he was. The main thing I’m remembering is the unknown device they caught him trying to attach to their vehicle and I believe they planned to discuss it with Doug yet it hasn’t been mentioned again. I assumed the device was some sort of GPS tracking device but regardless of what it was I wonder if this man was hired to do more than just spy on them if this boating accident wasn’t an accident. It’s unlikely James told Rudolph & Penelope what had happened so it’s not just the fact they thought Kyle was dying but the fact they knew he was in the hospital along with the specific hospital which is suspicious. I’m sure we’ll find out more in time.

Edited by NimirRaj
  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 1/9/2018 at 2:30 PM, Wesley8890 said:

That mother! I tried maybe giving her the benefit of the doubt that she wasn't a fraction of evil as her sleazebag of a cockwombling twatopotomas! Nan I would gladly bed you for kneeing that pretentious twatrudel of a twaffle! Son of a biscuit eating mother fudger!!!!sorry. My babies why you do that to my babies? James you are the man

Best comment ever, can't say much more after that :)

Edited by Goodie
  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..