Jump to content
    Dahawk
  • Author
  • 4,972 Words
  • 5,663 Views
  • 16 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Worth the Struggle - 8. Eyes Are Watching You

Worth the Struggle

Eyes Are Watching You:

 

Kaleb and Christopher were in the student union eating lunch a few weeks later. Kaleb decided it was time to approach Christopher’s behavior after discussing it with Kyle, “Christopher what’s up with you and Kyle, you’ve been a real prick to him?” Christopher stared at Kaleb while pushing his fork through his mashed potatoes like a plow in a field.

“What do you mean?” Christopher acted puzzled, “I haven’t been treating him different.”

Kaleb took a bite of his hamburger, “Christopher you’ve been so standoffish with him,” Kaleb sat his burger down and a sigh slipped out, “I mean you have a snide remark for everything he does, when we were growing up you were never that way with him.”

Christopher grimaced and took a drink of juice, “I didn’t realize I was acting different toward Kyle,” He wiped his mouth with his napkin, “I’ll apologize and make sure he’s never made to feel badly again.” Kaleb nodded his appreciation. Kyle and Blu approached the boy's table carrying their lunch.

Kyle smiled setting his tray down beside Kaleb, “Hi guys, how’s your day going?” He sat down as Blu took a glance and sat down between Kyle and Christopher. Kaleb gave Blu a nod and smiled to his brother waiting for Christopher to clear the air with his Kyle.

Christopher gave a slight smile, “I’m doing well, thanks, Kyle,” Dipping a fry in ketchup, “How are you guys?” He glanced at Kaleb for his approval. Kyle was at a loss for words from Christopher acting so civil and friendly. After their lunch together things appeared to have settled between the boys without any further cruel and harsh sentiments.

*****

Blu’s phone rang as he picked up his bag, and ushered Kyle out of their room because they were running late for class. He let his phone go to voicemail to check after class. He took Kyle’s hand and they walk swiftly to class, “You ready for the wedding on the weekend Blondie?”

Kyle leaned in giving Blu a kiss on the cheek, “Can’t wait, babe,” He smiled, “It’s gonna be a lot of fun.” They passed a man wearing a boilerman cap, he appeared older who was quite plump talking to another student and their eyes met and gave a nod. Kyle almost laughed at the guy's hat but contained himself as they continued to class. He hadn’t seen one on anyone except maybe pictures from the 1940’s.

Blu smiled and squeezed Kyle’s hand, they walked into the lecture hall and saw Kyle and Christopher had saved them seats. The boys squeezed their way past other students to get to their seats. “Thanks, guys, I didn’t think we were going to make it on time,” Blu said sinking comfortably into his seat and relaxing. Luckily the professor hadn’t arrived yet, so Blu and Kyle set up for the lecture, then Blu yawned and leaned sideways over to Kyle resting his head on his shoulder and closing his eyes. Kyle kissed Blu on the head and then turned to Kaleb.

Kyle smiled at Blu, “He couldn’t motivate out of our bed this morning,” Kyle gave a shift of his head toward Blu, “Since we got that heavy comforter, it’s like getting an Eskimo to come out of their igloo in the winter without being all bundled up.” Kaleb laughed and patted Blu’s shoulder.

“Hands off mini-muffin, I only do one family member at a time,” Blu yawned again and snuggled into Kyle as best he could over the armrest.

Kyle placed his arm around Blu as the professor started droning his lecture on Grammar, as all four boys fought to stay awake.

“Blondie, make the bad man go away, or your sleepin’ with the dog tonight,” Blu whined.

“Babe sit up and pay attention, I only want to live through this once,” Kyle chuckled as quietly as he could, helping Blu sit up properly. The school day seemed to drag along without much excitement. After their final class of the day, Kyle met Blu in the courtyard, “What do you feel like doing for dinner Babe, I was thinking maybe we run over to Rim Job and grab take out?”

Blu yawned for the fiftieth time that day, “Okay,”

“Come on Babe, let’s go grab our food,” Kyle said squeezing Blu’s hand, “Once we eat we can study some anatomy…” He said waggling his eyebrows.

“I love my dirty boy,” Blu grinned and started moving faster toward the club, he wanted to get to dessert as soon as possible. As they approached the club, the man they passed earlier in the day was now wearing a fedora leaning against the wall talking to Chapman. Both boys passed by ignoring Chipper and the hatman.

*****

It was late Friday evening when the boys pulled up at Blu’s parent's place. They quietly snuck into the house and up to Blu’s bedroom, they barely had the energy to get undressed. The next morning they were woken by Nan barging in the room and the door bouncing off of the wall.

“Good morning boys,” Nan yelled in a makeshift megaphone – like she needed one – and grabbed the blanket at the bottom of the bed and pulled it. The boys sat up quickly, freaked out from the yelling and held onto the blanket for dear life.

“Shit! Nan, Jesus we’re freakin’ naked under here,” Blu said whipping the blanket out of his Nan’s hand.

“Really,” she said cheekily, tilting her head eyeing Kyle.

“NAN!” Blu yelled, trying to cover Kyle up as much as possible. Kyle blew out a breath and fell backward with his head landing on the pillow.

“Well I wouldn’t have to ogle the stud-muffin if you’d brung the mini-muffin,” Nan huffed as she walked out shutting the door. The boys could hear her bitching all the way down the hallway. Blu rolled his eyes and laid back and cuddled up to his boy.

“Sorry Blondie, she has no boundaries. But then again we could walk around naked in this house and no one would blink an eye. You can see they are pretty open about everything,” Blu swept Kyles hair back and kissed his forehead, “Love you,”

“Love you too Babe,” Kyle smiled warmly at Blu, “I was worried Nan was gonna brace her foot on the bed and give another yank on the blanket though,” he shivered at the thought. “I think I’ll pass on running around naked in front of Nan,” Kyle reached for his boxer briefs that were hanging off the lampshade on the nightstand.

Blu and Kyle showered to save water as per usual. Not that they ever did save water, there was too much fun to be had when they showered together. They dressed and went down to breakfast and greet Blu’s parents for the first time this visit. The boys entered the kitchen and Nan grinned and then her face fell, “Damn you didn’t have to get dressed on my account,” she put her hand up waving, “I’ve seen it all before.”

“Morning boys,” Blu’s parents gave them both a hug, “Sit down, your Mom’s just made pancakes.”

Kyle sat at the table and Blu helped his Mom bring everything to the table. Once he sat down, the feeding began, hands were everywhere, passing plates or piling food on their own plate. Blu went to grab the maple syrup the same time as his Mom and she grabbed his hand pulling it to her. She looked at the ring on Blu’s finger then back at Blu. His Mom pulled his hand up for his Dad to see, “What’s this?” she asked, Blu shifted nervously in his seat and looked over to Kyle for help.

“Umm… well, I know I didn’t call and ask permission,” Kyle shifted in his seat with a smile, “But I asked Blu to marry me when we were both ready,” glancing toward Blu’s parent’s, “We aren’t planning on doing it immediately,” Kyle reached for Blu’s hand that was resting on the table and squeezed it affectionately.

“Hmm… But you’re only nineteen,” Blu could see his Mom heading into a tailspin and looked to his Dad.

“Honestly there is no future plans or dates scheduled, we wanted to feel committed to each other for now that’s all Mom, please relax.”

“Son, don’t you think you are both too young for this kind of commitment?” his Dad inquired with a concerned look on his face. Then shoveled a whole pancake in his mouth, so not too concerned then. Blu relaxed a little and squeezed Kyle’s hand letting him know it was going to be okay.

“Mom, Dad, I promise when we are ready to be engaged I will come and seek your approval properly,” Kyle looked at both of them for their support.

“Alright,” Lily agreed hesitantly, then a smile crept upon her face, “Show me your ring Kyle my baby boy,” she looked over to see his hand. Blu’s face went bright red from embarrassment, they hadn’t gone to get Kyle a ring yet.

“I haven’t gotten him one yet Mom, maybe we can have a look around town before we go back to school.”

Lily bounced in her seat and clapped her hands, “Oooh, we’ll go tomorrow. We’ll find the perfect ring, now Kyle do you prefer antique or would rather something new.”

“No sweetheart, not antique, we don’t know what kind of karma is attached. We’ll find something at one of the jewelers and if there is nothing the boys like, we’ll go visit them at school next weekend,” Doug smiled affectionately at his wife. He loved to see her so excited, especially since she wouldn’t get to do it for their daughter – Rain.

“That’s not nec…” Blu started and his Dad gave him the look, he then turned to his Mom, “that will be great Mom,” Blu reached over and hugged his Mom, kissing her on the cheek. Kyle smiled warmly at Lily and nodded. Doug smiled happily at his son, there isn’t anything the man wouldn’t do to make sure his wife is happy.

Blu and Kyle were shocked at the complete turn around from the beginning of the conversation.

*****

Blu and Kyle walked arm and arm into the reception hall and were immediately greeted one of Brandon’s older cousins. Who already seemed to have a buzz going.

“Hi Blu, wow, you’ve grown since I last saw you. I hear you're in college now?”

Blu smiled desperately trying to remember the ladies name, “Yes, we’re at Boston University, this is my fiancée Kyle. He’s studying Music Education and I’m studying English Education.”

“That sounds wonderful. It’s nice to meet you, Kyle, I’m Brandon’s cousin Lydia.” She held out her hand to Kyle.

Kyle smiled and shook Lydia’s hand, “It’s nice to meet you too.” Releasing her hand Kyle placed his arm around Blu’s shoulders and kissed his cheek.

Blu smiled, “It was a beautiful ceremony,”

Lydia smiled taking a sip of her wine, “Oh it was, I never thought Brandon would get married. But I’ll tell you he’s done well for himself with Jennifer. She’s an absolute sweetheart.”

Blu grinned, “She is, Jenny is one of my favorite people,”

“You boys go and get yourselves a drink, save me a dance Kyle,” Lydia winked at Kyle grinning.

“I will definitely save you a dance if you would excuse us a drink sounds great,” Kyle said as he took Blu’s hand ushering them towards Blu’s family, they both stopped at the bar grabbing a drink on the way over to their families table. Lydia walked past their table and winked at Kyle. Kyle guzzled down the last of his drink and offered to get a refill for everybody taking their requests.

Blu leaned over and whispered to his Nan, “Hey, how many times do you think Lydia will make Kyle dance with her?”

Nan sat back and smiled, then leaned forward, “Four slow songs, two pop songs, and a rock-a-billy number for good measure.”

“How much, twenty bucks?” Blu offered his Nan.

“You're on,” she grinned and shook Blu’s hand.

“What are you two up to?” Doug leaned over to berate the pair.

“Blu,” Nan threw her thumb in Blu’s direction, “is betting me how many times Lydia gets Kyle to dance.”

“Hell yeah, I want in on that, she’s a cougar,” Doug grinned mischievously.

“What’s going on?” Lily pulled her husband back so she could see around him.

“We’re betting on how many times Lydia makes Kyle dance,” Doug looked at his wife sheepishly.

Lily clucked her tongue and frowned at the trio, “I can’t believe you three,” she sat back in her chair with a huff, “I’m in,” she said quietly.

Nan pulled a small notepad with a pen and wrote down her prediction, then handed it to Lily. Lily wrote hers, who passed it to Doug, he did the same, then passed it to Blu. He looked at the others, Nan’s was still the same:

Nan – Four slow songs, two pop songs, and a rock-a-billy
Lily – Five songs in a row.
Doug – Six slow songs
Blu – Two songs every half hour
Blu – Lydia will call out something obscene during the speeches

Blu watched Kyle at the bar with a small tray of drinks, Lydia, and two other women. He would have gotten up to save his fiancée but it was too entertaining watching him try and politely get away from them. Blu waited another couple of minutes watching, as he stood to rescue Kyle he’d managed to slip away and was making his way back to the table.

Kyle sat the tray of drinks down and was a bit flustered and red in the face, “Um… I… somebody grabbed my ass when I was waiting for our drinks,” he fanned his face and sat down looking over his shoulder towards the bar.

Doug started giggling then covered his mouth when Kyle gave him a dirty look, but continued to giggle. Blu did the same and Nan laughed out loud.

“Why am I laughing,” Nan shook her head, “which one was it?” she looked over at the bar angrily. “That’s my ass, they don’t get to pinch it.”

Nan began to stand and Blu grabbed her arm, “It’s my ass to grab old lady. You just sit your saggy butt down,” he laughed. Nan flicked her hand out slapping Blu over the head. Doug was trying to laugh quietly next to them, failing miserably.

“What happened?” Lily asked looking around at her family, poor Kyles face was red, her husband was laughing with real tears running down his face. Nan was staring at the bar angrily and Blu was rubbing his head.

Kyle shrugged his shoulders, “Mom, they think it’s funny somebody grabbed my ass at the bar,” He said with embarrassment.

Lily reached over and took Kyles hand holding it in both of hers, “Kyle, my sweet baby boy if you are going to dress that gorgeous bum of yours up, what do you expect the older ladies to do? Now if you need help just wave me over and I’ll come save you.” Kyle rolled his eyes at the entire table thanking them for nothing and sat back in his chair with his arms crossed. The family all laughed at Kyle and Blu leaned into his beautiful man and kissed him. Once the family all settled down they sat back in their chairs and were staring at five other faces – Marines with a bewildered expression. They’d forgotten they weren’t alone at the table.

“Oops,” Blu muttered, “Hi I’m Blu, this is my fiancée Kyle, my Nan – just call her Nan, my mother Lily, and my father Doug.”

“Aah!” All five men said at the same time as if something fell into place, “Hello,” again all at the same time. The Marines all relaxed and then introduced themselves. Kyle and Blu felt a little more comfortable after worrying they wouldn’t approve of them.

A man in dress uniform who was high in rank stood at the front of the room and introduced the newly wedded couple. Brandon and Jenny glided into the room. Blu’s smile went from ear-to-ear seeing two of his favorite people radiating so much happiness. He put his chin on Kyle’s shoulder so he could see past him and connect with Kyle at the same time.

“They look so happy Blondie, do you think we’ll look that happy?” Blu said softly into Kyles' ear.

Kyle turned his head kissing Blu’s forehead, “I think we’ll be even happier because it will be our day,” squeezing Blu’s thigh and returning his attention to the wedded couple.

“Yeah,” Blu said dreamily.

The family and their new Marine friends watched as the reception followed through all the formalities. Lydia did call out an obscene comment, so Blu was already one step ahead in the betting. Mom reached into her purse and handed Blu twenty dollars, Nan grumbled about double or nothing, yanking a twenty from her bra and throwing it at Blu, Doug whined reaching for his wallet. The Marines looked on in amusement at the exchange of money. Kyle looked at everybody with a puzzled expression on his face, then as if a lightbulb went on he turned toward Blu and smirked, “Lydia?” He put his hand out for half the money. Blu chuckled and split the winnings giving Kyle his half. The dinners were served and the married couple went from table to table talking with their guests. The visit was short and sweet gathering congratulations and a quick chat. Brandon was happy that all of our table were getting along. Brandon asked Blu to find him once the fun part of the night started then moved on to the next table.

The table was lively as the family got to know the other men seated with them. They were quite easy to talk with and relaxed in nature. Dessert came and went, the man went up front and announced the couples first dance. Jenny and Brandon waltzed to Van Morrisons “Someone Like You,” it brought tears to Blu’s eyes, he wiped them away quickly as he sniffled, cuddling into Blondie. Kyle tightened his arm around Blu and whispered, “I’ve always waited for someone like you Babe,” He leaned in kissing Blu’s forehead.

“I love it when you get all cheezy with me,” Blu chortled kissing Kyle’s neck as they watched their friends dance. Blu noticed one of the Marines watching them, the expression the man held was of longing rather than repulsion. Blu gave him a friendly smile and quickly turned away so it wouldn’t get the attention of his friends. The man in control asked for the family to join as the song flowed to George Strait’s “I Cross my Heart.” After the song finished the man gave a little speech thanking the guests and encouraged everyone to have a good night and not to drink and drive. The music recommenced and the young kids hit the dance floor.

Brandon and Jenny sat down, completely in love, happy and exhausted. Brandon looked around the room and found Blu waving him over. Lydia hooked onto Kyle as the two headed toward Blu’s friend. Poor Kyle frowned and looked at Blu begging for help, Blu chastely kissed his man goodbye and continued to Brandon.

“Hey, did you just let your boyfriend get kidnapped by Lydia?” Brandon asked with his eyebrow cocked curiously.

“Uh-huh, and don’t you be saving his ass either. It’s going to earn us some good money tonight,” Blu replied chuckling.

“Ah, your family will never change. Davis said your Mom ended up winning all the money in the end at the engagement party.”

“Yup, as flighty as Mom is most of the time, she is amazingly intuitive,” Blu laughed.

“How’s it going with the guys at your table? We put them with you and your family, I wanted you to be comfortable Blu. I know they aren’t homophobic in any way, and you know what Jenny’s and my family are like. It sucks I know, it’s worse for Davis, but I know he has your family when ours is too much.” Brandon smiled weakly.

“No they’re really great, thank you for that Brandon, I appreciate it. Don’t worry about Davis, you know Mom and Dad will always make sure he’s okay.”

Brandon then grabbed his shoulder and led him to his boss, Blu watched Kyle waving at his Mom for the save and she was smiling and waving right back. Poor Kyle, Blu’s going to have some serious groveling to do later.

“Colonel Brenner, this is my friend I was telling you about from Boston University, Blu Waters.”

The Colonel reached out and shook Blu’s hand, “Nice to meet you, son.”

“Nice to meet you to Colonel, Brandon has told me a lot about you,” Blu gave the intimidating man a smile.

“What are you studying?”

“English Education Sir, I’d like to teach middle school English,” Blu told him.

“What made you decide on a teaching career?” the Colonel gave Blu his full attention.

Blu gave Brandon a look because he knew the real reason, his friend nodded his head seriously to give Blu the courage to tell the Colonel. Blu took a deep breath, Kyle had returned to Blu’s side red-faced and splotchy from being thrown around the dance floor by the Cougar. Blu took Kyle’s hand for comfort and gathering strength.

“This is my Fiancée Kyle, he’s studying Music Education at BU; Kyle this is Brandon’s superior Officer Colonel Brenner,” the Colonel shook Kyles' hand flashing him a smile.

“Nice to meet you, young man, Blu was about to tell me why he wanted to teach as a career,” Colonel Brenner switched his attention back to Blu.

Kyle squeezed Blu’s hand knowing Blu was nervous, “I want to be a teacher so I can help young kids, not only to teach them grammar and introduce them to good books. I’d like to help them be comfortable with who they are. My sister Rain was bullied to the point she couldn’t take it anymore and took her own life. She was twelve years old. The teachers ignored the bullying, I want to do better. If I can help prevent one family in my career as a teacher from experiencing what my family went through, that will be enough for me. But, I’d like to think I can help many more.” Kyle sighed quietly tightening his grasp on Blu’s hand wishing him all of the support he could provide.

The colonel gave Blu a sympathetic look, “That’s an admirable intention, what about you Kyle?”

“I’m studying to become a middle school Music Teacher, I have loved music for as long as I can remember. I want kids to be able to enjoy music in the ways that I do, and make memories for themselves with music.” Kyle cringed thinking of his parents, “My parents uh… think I’m wasting my time not having a career that makes a ton of money, which lives up to their standards, honestly teaching music is all I want to do,” He let out a long slow breath to calm his nerves after thinking about Randolph and Penelope.

“Very good, money isn’t everything. Teaching something your passionate about will give you a happy life, that I can guarantee you, boys,” the Colonel turned to Brandon, “You were right about these two Brandon.”

Brandon smiled, “I’ll leave them with you then Colonel,” gave his superior officer a salute and walked away. Blu and Kyle watched him leave and fidgeted nervously as the man grinned at them.

“Oh relax boys I’m not going to bite you. Brandon recommended you boys to me along with his brother, Davis. Come let’s take a walk outside.” The Colonel waved Davis over to them and requested he join us for our walk. They walked to a gazebo along a flower-lined pathway, “Now boys my Son is a Major and has been assigned to a position in Quantico for two years. He owns a four-bedroom house near the BU campus. He and his family moved to Virginia a couple of weeks ago and has left renting the house up to me. He only has a small mortgage, I’ve spoken to him about renting it to you three. I’d like to offer the house to you boys, for eight hundred a month.”

Blu and Kyle gripped each other’s hand like they’d disappear and Davis latched onto Kyles. The Colonel chuckled watching the three boys who looked like all their Christmas’ had come at once. As none of them could talk the Colonel lit a cigar and waited for them to find their tongues.

“Are you serious Colonel?” Davis asked astonishingly like it was too good to be true.

The Colonel puffed out his chest, “Of course my boy, now there will be rules, like any tenancy. If you want to change anything about the house you must get approval first. The house is expected to be kept clean and tidy. You will be responsible for the utilities and if you want cable or internet that will also be up to you. There will be an inspection of the property every 6 months. I trust you boys will keep it in tip-top shape.

“That would be amazing Colonel, Kyle’s brother also goes to BU with us, would your son be okay if it were the four of us living in the house?” Blu asked squeezing Kyles hand.

“I can’t foresee that being an issue. I don’t want the place to end up like a frat house. I’m not saying you can’t have parties or visitors, but it can’t become a party zone every day of the week.”

“I can’t thank you enough Sir, I appreciate you letting Kaleb live with us, we’ll treat the place like it was our own,” Kyle smiled enthusiastically at the Colonel.

“Take my card, and call me sometime next week. We’ll sort out all the details then. You’re dismissed and I’m going to enjoy my cigar quietly without the boom-ting in my head from that stuff they call music,” The Colonel winked at Kyle and grinned. The boys thanked the Colonel profusely before going off to tell Blu’s parents about their new digs.

The night progressed quite quickly with Kyle being dragged off to dance by Lydia at an absurd rate, which finished with a total of thirteen songs and one Rock-a-billy tune. Nan ever so graciously held out both hands gesturing a give it to me motion, and once she collected from everybody Kyle stood with a hand out motioning for his portion for his hard-earned participation. Nan grumbled handing over half of the winnings and smiled as she grabbed Kyle’s ass and then she handed over the remaining portion with a devilish grin. The boys graciously bid the family goodnight as the went to find Brandon and Jenny.

Brandon and Jenny were standing near the bar sipping on their drinks as the boys walked up, “We both wanted to thank you for putting in such good recommendations to your boss, and also congratulate the both of you on your nuptials,” Kyle said as he shook Brandon’s hand, and then leaned over and kissed Jenny on the cheek. Blu repeated his goodbye’s and the boys headed home.

*****

The boys were woken early with breakfast in bed, two pieces of toast and orange juice. This was followed with a hurry-up by Lily. She was excited about taking the boys ring shopping, they were fed, dressed and out the door in record time. There are only two jewelers in their town and Lily dragged them back and forth as they eliminated their options. Kyle graciously let Lily give her input but stood firm on “no” if he didn’t like one.

Kyle found a simple white gold band with a blue colored inlay and showed it to Lily seeking her approval, which she absolutely loved. The jeweler quickly took to the back room and sized it returning twenty minutes later handing the ring to Blu, as he ran his finger over it the inscription read Forever Yours caught his eye on the inside of the ring.

Lily had tears in her eyes, Doug holding his wife as Blu put the ring on Kyle’s finger. Kyle kissed Blu and the boys hugged a little emotional themselves.

“All right boys, your Mother and I are taking you for a celebratory dinner before you head back to school,” Doug smiled gathering his family and shuffling them out the door. He held Kyle back for a moment.

“Kyle, I know this is just a pre-engagement, but let's face it this is really your engagement. I’d like to officially welcome you to the family. I couldn’t have picked better for Blu myself, you are an amazing young man, we couldn’t be prouder than to call you our son.” Doug wrapped Kyle up in his arms and squeezed the stuffing right out of the poor guy.

Kyle smiled the largest toothy smile he had ever given, “Thanks, Dad, I couldn’t ask for a better family. I gotta ask there are no bets on me crying or anything though, right? If there is how much are we splitting?” Doug just smiled and shook his head. “Dad, would this be a good time to ask your permission to marry Blu?”

Doug chuckled, “You already have our blessing, but we aren’t discussing grand-children yet, so no getting him pregnant,” He then unleashed a deep belly laugh that brought tears to his eyes. Kyle felt as if he was on top of the world.

Be gentle folks, this chapter did not reach our beta readers due to me being sick and @Bndmetl being without internet, we didn't want to delay you getting your next installment. We would like to thank each of you for your patience, hope you enjoy it.
Copyright © 2017 Aaron Hawke & JT Babbage; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 47
  • Love 24
  • Haha 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I know not all Marines are homophobic (I’ve known several Gay ex-Marines), but a large percentage are very uncomfortable around LGBTQ people. I’m sure things are changing now that no one is forced to hide in the Closet anymore. Plus younger people are more open-minded than their parents and grandparents (who are themselves slowly becoming more comfortable with LGBTQ people). Unfortunately, the military (especially the Marines) is more conservative and repressed than society in general.

 

I’m glad none of my friends bet on the things that I do. Of course, I’m very predictable, so it wouldn’t be very interesting. No one would want to bet on me being adventurous…  ;-)

Edited by droughtquake
Link to comment
6 minutes ago, glennish said:

Now in addition to chipmunk and topher we have to worry about hat guy.

Thanks for reminding me! I forgot to mention my thoughts on Hat Guy! I think he’s an investigator hired by Rudolph. I think the hats are a transparent attempt at an undercover disguise.  ;-)

 

I’m surprised Lydia didn’t hit on all the Marines! There are a lot of sexy Marines out there! Very clean-cut and usually in very good shape (unless they bulk up and get roided out – I’ve known some of those too!). Too bad the cutes ones think they aren’t butch enough and cover themselves in huge, ugly tattoos!

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Onim said:

 "Chiptopher”

Copywrite that shit.  OMG I love it.  Jealous I didn’t think of it.  New name for a music group. Chiptopher and the hat men 🎩.  Gonna keep a running tally for myself of the kinds of hats.  Maybe make a bet with the family about when we will see a toque, a bowler, and channeling my inner Prince a raspberry beret. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment

I loved the scene at the table, just so funny and so well written.  Can't wait to see what happens next.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

"The boys were woken early with breakfast in bed", the use of 'woken' in this instance is not an error, I just happen to think that 'awakened' would read more smoothly.

 

 

Edited by Will Hawkins
Link to comment
1 minute ago, Will Hawkins said:

Blu smiled desperately trying to remember the ladies name. Only one lady involved here, use lady's.

Are you only here to correct grammar?? We're not a bunch of grammar snobs here on GA. I think everyone knows what is meant, so there's really no need to point it out.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
9 minutes ago, jaysalmn said:

Are you only here to correct grammar?? We're not a bunch of grammar snobs here on GA. I think everyone knows what is meant, so there's really no need to point it out.

 Completely agree with you @jaysalmn

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Very well, In future, if I make a grammar correction. I will do it by PM. My intent was not to embarrass or insult anyone, but by making suggestions (and they were intended to be merely suggestions) by sending an open message to assist anyone who might be reading the comments area. Please note that I do not make suggestions on dialog, I understand that characters are not professors of English and frequently make English errors in speech, further, that an author should enter exactly the speech patterns of his characters with no correction or suggestions.

  • Angry 2
Link to comment

I think we all know general grammar here. It is, in fact, insulting to pick through every chapter and point out mistakes that nobody else cares about. Us readers are more interested in how good the story is rather than if the author used their, there, or they're correctly. Btw, I highly doubt your undeserved criticism will go over any better by PM. I would suggest just letting it go.

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..