Jump to content
    D.K. Daniels
  • Author
  • 518 Words
  • 2,748 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A World Between - 1. Letter 1 (Revised)

p style="text-align:center;">

 

I have written many adventure, drama and romance books with LGBTQI+ characters. Visit my website to browse my full bibliography. You can also sign up for my mailing list to ensure you don't miss any fun future updates. Be sure to subscribe, I give away free stuff, limited printed editions of my novels and more.

  

My Website:

www.dk-daniels.com

  

My social media and newest books.

  

Social & Newest Reads:

https://linktr.ee/dkdaniels

 

 

A World Between

D.K. Daniels

 

Dear Ryan, I’m not sure how it is up there, but I am sure shitty down here. I'm sorry I haven't written to you in a while, but I have been too sad to write of late. My sister Rebecca told me the other day that I should stop writing to you because it's a waste of time. You can imagine how disappointed I was with her, angered even. What does she know, she doesn’t understand the things we went through together? Brothers we are, well almost, not that we share the same mother, though that would be universally weird somehow. I can’t shake the thought from my brain now. Seriously, I’m chuckling right now at how wrong, and how absurdly funny it is to me.

I miss our laughs down by the pier when we'd sneak out together at night, just you and me, the best of friends. I'd bring the snacks, and you'd bring the soda. I remember when you confessed your feelings to me about how scared you were of the statue of the iron sailor on the boardwalk overlooking the sea. I guess this is my chance to say I was equally as scared, but I never told you, not when you were here. It's funny how things work out, I'm here - by the statue, and you're somewhere out there. The sea has this cool reflection on the waves coming into the shore. It's incredible; it would've been a great night to tell you I miss you, but it doesn't amount to much, considering you're not here and yet you are there.

Something weird happened today, I was making toast, and I burned it. I know it's not a massive deal, but I started crying after I burned it and I couldn't figure out for the life of me why I was crying. I was the only one home so you can imagine by the time everyone got home, I had cleaned up the mess and resorted to being normal - a zombie-like normal. I don't know what it was, but something deep down told me it was you telling me to stop fucking up burning toast. It was like that time when both of us came down to the kitchen at 2 AM in the morning, made toast with your favourite - peanut butter and Nutella all on the one slice. You'd be proud: I took your hint a couple of weeks ago and tried the topping, and it has by far become my favourite thing to eat on bread now.

Anyway, I think I should be getting home. I have school in the morning. It's the first day back after summer break. I promise I'll make us proud, and I'll write to you again soon. I wish you could write back, though. I know you can't, because you don't have any paper or a pen, and that you're a busy person. Making things impressive is your thing so I won't mess with that, I'll be back soon, I promise.

Later Bro

Jake

 

Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed this tale. Drop me an email to let me know via my reader contact email: danny2017writing@outlook.com. You can help me by rating this story via Goodreads. Link below. The story is part of a collection called We Are Here. Doing this enables my stories to reach a larger audience and improves my rankings. Don’t forget also to visit my website and sign up for my mailing list. You can also view some of my older works by clicking on my pen name via the authors tab.

  

My Website:

www.dk-daniels.com

  

Follow me on social media, and peruse my newest books.

  

Social & Newest Reads:

https://linktr.ee/dkdaniels

This short story has a song dedicated to it as a soundtrack. I urge you to check out the song, which is called - Better Look Me In The Eyes by Dan Romer

Copyright © 2018 D.K. Daniels; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 11
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

What a lonely boy! Lovely letters though. So many routes this story can take now. I really want to get a chance to read the rest of Jake's letters. Thank your for your this first chapter.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
17 hours ago, mayday said:

What a lonely boy! Lovely letters though. So many routes this story can take now. I really want to get a chance to read the rest of Jake's letters. Thank your for your this first chapter.

Thank you @mayday, I am glad that you liked my first chapter. This story is a already completed on IOMfAtS; and I’m only know uploading it here. It’s great to bring it to gayauthors. I hope you enjoy the coming chapters. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..