Jump to content
    D.K. Daniels
  • Author
  • 525 Words
  • 1,129 Views
  • 0 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

I have written many adventure books with LGBTQ+ characters. Visit my website to browse my full bibliography. You can also sign up for my mailing list to ensure you don't miss any fun future updates. 

View Website

My Poems, Satires & Other Lyrical Nonsense - 1. A Room Is All I need

This is my take on an individual with Aspergers Syndrome. Please, comments are welcome. :)

A room is all I need. A bland room with white walls, black marble floors and a canvas on each of the walls to ponder on. In the center of the room, however, I want a black seat, and on this seat, I will sit, I will wait and contemplate. No longer do the white walls hold any sentimental value because the hurricane flustering around my chair is now my white wall.

No polished exterior, vibrant watercolors or ostentatious show of character can come close to the longing of wanting to understand why I am this way. I am a one-man island; I have forever been, and I will always be. A world of beautiful vision empowers my mind; strong single factors breach the surface. They make me emotional, not because they are beautiful; but because I believe I see them differently. There is no dilute in my reality; just sheer sorrow and understanding on the word radiant.

At school; I'm different. I don't like people, people are… noisy. Silence is extraordinary; I love the quiet: not because it is appeasing on the ears but because I can't endure people for very long. I don't like people who are brainless; they are squandering their intelligence for pity and favor. I'd much rather read a book, in that nook of the room away from people entirely. I'm told It's in my best interests by the teacher that I should socialize, I'd preferably do my math homework instead. When people talk about the weather, they insult their ability. When I grow tired of people, I try to separate from people, but the humans insist that I communicate with others my age. That's when I lash out; a rage of anguish part guilt fuels my manners and I cry, kick, dismantle the vicinity to show my frustration: Essentially my so-called tantrum. When others rush home after to school to time constraints, I sit on my black chair in my white room and contemplate.

At home; I don't like hugs. I don't want my food touching and I sure as hell do not appreciate my parents disrupting my golden silence. That silence is there for me to think about all the colorful worlds and people I've created in my head. You may have to say what you previously said because I'll have forgotten it within a matter of seconds. I'm also sorry If I make you feel uncomfortable or unwelcome If I don't make eye contact with you.

When I'm alone; my head hurts. I think too much; I can't shut all my thoughts off, it trickles like a leaky faucet. There is so much information to be learned; so much bright and shiny things to see, that occasionally I become exhausted.

If I'm out and about; I can be noisy, though people tut… groan, roll their eyes, grouchily move about, but they don't know I see the world differently. It's not that I want to look at the world differently, it's just I do. No beating around Autism; just like there is no beating around death… so why can't people understand and leave me alone?

 

Copyright © 2018 D.K. Daniels; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
p style="text-align:center;"> Thanks for reading, comments are welcome, and I reply to all.
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..