Jump to content
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

I have written many adventure books with LGBTQ+ characters. Visit my website to browse my full bibliography. You can also sign up for my mailing list to ensure you don't miss any fun future updates. 

View Website

My Poems, Satires & Other Lyrical Nonsense - 3. Whisky With Rain

Since it had been raining all day, I thought of a funny conclusion of a woman waiting for the rain to stop. In her eyes, anything is better than the rain.

Trails of translucent droplets webbed the panel of glass. In excess of the background, grey pillows of fumes gloated domineering the skyline from east to west. Elizbeth Martin sat by the window of her lavish country house in her spacious sunroom. Except in her mind, what was the point of owning a sunroom when the frickin' sun doesn’t shine in this part of the world? Ireland. When it did, it came a like a miracle or the joyous news of a newborn child. How she craved the glow tenderly caressing her face, from where Elizabeth would gracefully tilt her head back, indulging in the warm radiance. Raising an early morning whisky, she bowed it to the window before lifting it to her pale blue lips and contently emptying the contents of the glass in a single gulp.

Plopping the glass on the windowsill, the woman rose gently, making her way from the gloomy depression outside the window, and escorted herself to the bookshelf the far end of the room. Rummaging, plighting the arrangement of neatly coordinated aligned books, Elizabeth pre-selected her book, sauntered in a feminine manner before placing the book on a pedestal beside her chair. Strolling to the liquor cabinet, she poured herself another glass of straight whisky, before finishing her adventure back at the chair.

Carefully hoisting, separating her dress, which had been tailored with perfection by a tailor in London when she was visiting during the summer of 1911. She awaited her husband who was away on a business trip. The young lady relaxed, plucked up the book she wanted to read. And with her escape in one hand and a drink to wet the tongue in the other, she concluded it could only be a matter of time before the rain ceased.

Comments are welcome :)
Copyright © 2018 D.K. Daniels; All Rights Reserved.
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 1
p style="text-align:center;"> Thanks for reading, comments are welcome, and I reply to all.
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..