Jump to content
    D.K. Daniels
  • Author
  • 2,193 Words
  • 3,805 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

You & I - 10. Chapter 10

Visit my website or sign up for my mailing list to ensure you don't miss any fun future updates.

View Website

To Watson,

I bet your jumping and jiving today since it is Friday. I acknowledge I'm going to miss you over the weekend. I suspect whatever it is you get up to it is better than whatever I arrange to do. I can visualize what I am going to do already; sit in and observe the world go by and possibly play some PlayStation 4. Or alternatively, I might travel on down to the swimming pool and go floating. I hate having to bring my little cousin with me, she gets in the way, and all I desire to perform is to swim without any restrictions. Thank God for lifeguards because they can keep an eye on her most of the time. All I have to do is get her from point A to point B. The distance of my home is a little less than a miles' walk from the aquatics center.

I overheard the Tigers have a lacrosse rivalry on Saturday, well… tomorrow I mean, but I was wondering if you're going to go to the game to watch it. No idea why I mentioned it, I just know that you like lacrosse, therefore, I figured you'd be one person to go watch your teammates play.

Anyway, on to your letter, I know I'm awesome, I was born awe-inspiring. Except you have to look past all the blood and guts because deep down when I was born there was awesomeness there. I like your style quote, unquote secretary. I know you won't let me down, I'm assuming you will be an excellent correspondent. Plus, I'm also sorry about the things I said about jocks. I don't determine to be crude or cutting about your peer group; it’s just stuff has happened in the past that I'm not at liberty to speak about right now. However, I am confident that you are different than the rest; I am sorry if I have offended.

I'm about to well up, that has to be the most joyous news I have received all week. Screwball industries are going to empower my devised plan and adapt their operating conditions to suit the customer who is always right.

Now let's get down to business… I had a quick gander over your answered question', now I have to say I am thoroughly impressed.

 

1. I would be more than happy to try out your legendary brewing skills, though now I'm a little skeptical since you mentioned that it could be poison. I have a magnificent brain, and I don't want any of that to go to ruin due to some sort of tar you make. Therefore, I reject the proposal to try your cup of Joe, I aspire to exist until old age.

2. I never concluded that sticky notes would be quite so loud if they were attached to another person, but now that I perceive it, I look forward to witnessing the first human neon subject. Yes, please don't leave my occupants sitting in the front lobby for over an hour if they are expecting me. What sort of debauchery is that?

3. I have no idea what a banshee is, save I'm assuming it's something very screechy. I would be lying if I said I am not slightly puzzled and a little disappointed. I believed you'd have the voice of an angel, and you'd sing on a street corner to make ends meet when a case is currently idle on your desk. You may refrain from using the name Tina Turner again, I'm not a fan of her music. Still, you can't deny that Simply The Best is a grand jam or 9-to-5. How do we know her- she's old. That dark curdling vision of you coughing up blood from yodeling is enough to haunt me. Therefore, I cease on the concept of you ever yodeling.

4. It saddens me to realize that I will never get a sandwich made by your professional hands. After all, I am the higher rhetorically here, and you're my secretary, so present me a god damn sandwich... I'm kidding. Now that you mention it, Sandwichland would be utterly engrossing, let's build that world together on a server.

5. Well adios is not a nice thing to say. What if I'm holding the full basket of sandwiches or something like that and I slipped? They are our lifeline. Would you still let me fall to my demise? I can work and help you get over your fear of heights well… The trick shot here is trying, I didn't say I will, but I'll most definitely strive to push you off the side of the cliff so that you can get your fear out of the way. I need a fearless man on my team, and I ain't got time for petty jitters.

 

Since you answered everything accordingly and as honestly as you possibly can, I would be delighted to say that you have passed my test. There is an empty desk in the cloakroom of my office. If you would like to take that work surface you may. A word of warning, however, there is about 10 years' worth of paperwork piled on top of it so have at it.

And yes, let's agree that both of us love to sleep; nothing is better than it. I admire how you called me your excellence. It preferably has: I don't know superior prose, I suppose. It kinda feels weird but yeah.

I reckon I am lucky not to have Mr. Murphy considering most of my peers in my year have gotten him already. I'm in 10th grade, so therefore I can clarify I do not have Mr. Murphy. He does teach more than one class, so yeah. Relax I won't tell Mr. Scruples what you called his friend. Wouldn't it be funny to have a teacher with that name? I think it would be? I hope for the remainder of my time here that I don't end up with him. I have been shared some pretty ridiculous conditions from him by other students, and I hope I never have to endure him.

Same too, when I peer around currently as I pen this letter, everyone else is preoccupied with writing to their behalf. I presume it does raise the question to have other duos got on as well as we have got on so far, as far. We are warming up quite nicely, and I think we've gotten some of the awkward stuff out of the way, you know the usual hellos and misinterpreted beginnings. You've no idea what that means to be called a friend. As I've said I don't have many so if you cross me as a friend now that I have yet to meet, then I deem that something.

I don't mean to be singling out anybody, only that has always been my case. I don't aim to imply you are like them, but I'll stop… sorry.

I guess you have stumbled onto something. I reckon it does look like that when half the time I am unwilling to try stuff… but it's just something you won't understand okay. I don't mean to be crabby or anything. I have things to deal with that most people don't have to deal with… So, if I drop the jocks being well… you know dicks thing. Can you cut the whole business that I am not passionate, and don't want to do anything? I am aware that being sad, hesitative, and joyous is a natural part of life. It's just my thing, okay… So, I won't mention anything about jocks being dicks again, if you lay off a little on the whole, "have you got a dream… then seize it," ideal.

I presume I have a different outlook on life, so if we were to meet in person, you owe me a hug. I won't forget, you know. I imagine it would be my mother's reaction to me using misused language. About four-five summers ago, she asked me to get angry to shout and curse, except I didn't, and I think she got more upset about it. I don't know why, she kept badgering on saying, "***** you must be holding a lot of anger and bitterness inside of you from what happened… Just show me you're angry about it. Scream, yell, curse the high-heavens."

Except I didn't, and I sat through the entire lecturing and wished she finish up soon so I could be let go from captivity. Oh, and the five asterisks is my name, I know where not allowed use it, but she did say my name, so I decided to add it in to keep it authentic. Oh, and yeah, I guess the whole long-ass thing is your idea.

Gee… that is pretty sad to hear about, sorry. You see, if kids have a short attention span, I wonder what they will be like in another twenty years when their minds and sense of discipline has dwindled to nothing. Sometimes I wish I had a brother or sister to pass some time with. I am an only' child. Sometimes it gets lonely being by my lonesome. I spend a great deal of my time in the company of people who are not my friends. Only, if I had a brother or sister, who was younger than me, I'd love to be able to help them with homework, talk about their school day. Let them vent when they are upset or have their heart crushed by a girl or boy, whichever way they choose to go in life. I bet, however, as you said, iPhones are as valuable a commodity between our peer group more so than the likes of rookie cards of yesterday's obsession.

Ah and yes, I like sizing up things for what they are, and all I see from that turn of the century classic horror is a madman who likes the occasional dressing up. Though hey, each to one's own. Just if you end up wearing frock's and begin talking to yourself, let me know because I don't want to be the poor unfortunate soul in the next shower cubicle. Whereas with Rear Window, yes, the concept is creepy, they did an updated version of the movie in 2007, I believe called Disturbia. There is no way in hell anyone can say the film is it's own thing, it is almost a carbon-copy. Save to say, however, the adaption is a decent offering. Yes, James Wan is the guy and the genius behind The Conjuring series, as well as Insidious and Saw.

It doesn't matter about the friend's thing… Alright... I didn't mean it earlier, okay. I don't know what I was talking about. It's just how can I not comment on it when you make it sound like you are really popular and I am not. Of course, I am going to be somewhat semi-jelly about it. I understand what you mean, and I don't expect you to have to say to someone that you can't talk to them because you can't be friends. It sounds like a lot of work being popular. Is that true? I work quite hard not to be noticed, and you perhaps strive in the other direction, although can you officially say it is grueling work. You're lucky you have one or two good friends. Sure, most people have two influential people in their lives they can trust, mine would be my mother. I know it is lame, though as I mentioned, I am not a hit with other teenagers. It's like I only show up to school, do the required lessons, and then disappear off the face of the world where other teenagers are considered. I asked my mom could I be homeschooled.

Ironically, she said, "you need to be around people your age."

Amen, that is the mystery, and I believe from storytelling, that is the only reasonable conclusion we can draw upon when we decide to contemplate life's more significant questions. In my mind, the bible is the best book ever written. The collection of stories that the book has amassed is enough to brainwash many people. The way I see it, there is nothing above us other than sky and the vast unknown, below: a planet with enough bodies to provide fresh fertilizer to stretch the entire globe, conjoined with rock and molten. A story is the only thing we have ever gotten right because, with the story, there is no such thing as right or wrong. We believe in our hearts, our minds more like considering the heart is a muscle, that story is all we know in order to fill in what's missing in our lives.

Well, I went deep, didn't I… I should leave it here. Class is about to finish, and I have to be ready to get out of the classroom ahead of everyone else considering folks will want to rush out the door. Please when you read this letter on Monday: tell me what your weekend was like.

 

Until Later,

From,

Sherlock

More to come, stick around. Comments are welcome :)
My Website - www.dk-daniels.com - Find all my work in one place. 
Lastly, feedback is crucial, I love hearing from you guys so don’t be afraid to drop an email.danny2017writing@outlook.com
Check out my Patreon for early access to chapters and exclusives. Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and whatnot for updates.
A special thanks to my patrons: Samuel Roe (Cynus), Thomas Tallis, Don Jr., Joen, Ozzy, John,
Copyright © 2018 D.K. Daniels; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 17
  • Love 4
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I hope that these two meet someday; their words reveal much about themselves, but actuality would make or break their friendship. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 9/11/2018 at 9:12 PM, Parker Owens said:

I hope that these two meet someday; their words reveal much about themselves, but actuality would make or break their friendship. 

Oh, I do have a plot twist in mind for when they actually meet. It's just a matter of time and how to put it onto the page to make it look interesting. I can imagine they will like each other. Only for now I have no idea how I am going to get them to meet; just a plot twist lol. Lets hope it goes smoothly when I pull it off lol.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..