Jump to content
    D.K. Daniels
  • Author
  • 1,145 Words
  • 4,657 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

You & I - 5. Chapter 5

Visit my website or sign up for my mailing list to ensure you don't miss any fun future updates.

View Website

To Sherlock,

 

I have transferred the power of Kratos via FedEx; you should receive it within 2-3 working days. I presume here is where the two of us will beg to differ. I would not in all of my days lose sleep over something as stupid as homework. Sleep is much too valuable to lose rest to something extremely petty. Teachers would not suffer sleep for you, therefore why should you for them. If I do homework, which is even a hassle to get me to sit down, it will solely be in a quick burst of twenty minutes to forty. After that, I could not care less about the work getting done. I don't understand why they think it is appropriate to grade and observe us like a bunch of rats in a maze or a specimen in a petri dish. I believe we have passed that test, then why don't they show us they also have.

On the contrary, Math is one of my strong points. Still, I don't know why I don't invest any more time in perfecting it. Just wait and see; next, the government will have weird kids who can do weird stuff with their minds like from some sad sci-fi flick, they'll be bending spoons alone with brain waves.

Amen, I will accept that, preach! Teachers have no idea how much shit they dish out. I'm not sure if you prefer not to cuss, but in the likelihood, I am sorry. I would have no problem saying something as you've outlined in the letter. Except, I would rather not because I am in hot water. Therefore, I have to be "GOOD" as the adults say. I'll hold you to the gesture although, once I get out of this mess I've gotten myself into I'll tell a teacher what you said.

I am not afraid of teachers, well perhaps Mr. Murphy, he always looks stern, as if he is ready to leap up over a desk like a Demogorgon and have at you. I can imagine it. He'll leach his face to mine; the teeth will pop right into the velvet of my skin as if he were eating an apricot. Which ironically, he does eat every Biology class; amusingly it is fitting. The blooded ooze, flowing the decent of my checks held with fear, before Mr. Murphy will dislodge from my face, taking with it strings of reddened and white flesh which will expand forever similar to bubblegum. Sorry for the gross depiction, it's how my mind works, I suppose I am a little gross when it comes to specific areas, although you can't put down a good horror movie.

It is good to hear you have no Watson… I have no Sherlock, so perhaps it is something we can work toward because you seem cool, I suppose… I don't know. Plus, why do you reckon you would be a crappy partner; every cop show has a crappy partner… yeah, that sounded wrong, it didn't seem as lovely as it did in my head, forget the reference. I am sure you'd make a good detective. And the cheek, I cannot believe you called me a secretary, that is insulting but oddly funny at the same time. I can't understand why I am smiling at the letter beneath me as I print this, but for the first time, I think I found someone who shares the same humor, well I reckon.

As to the question, am I jock, I don't believe so. I suppose I am if you are one of those shy kids who keep to themselves, then I guess you could say I am a jock. I'm not mean or anything; sportspeople are given a bad reputation when it comes to Hollywood, I promise we are not all like that… and I use "ALL" for emphasis. Perhaps every 3 out of 5 people are stable, promise.

From what I can tell, you seem cool enough to be able to pass the ball with. I wouldn't mind if you joined in on a game. If you are no good at the start, I can help you get better, I remember the first time I started Baseball, I was so clumsy. I played Lacrosse last year, and I dropped it this year because I have too many sports to contend with. My mom said I was beginning to look a little sickly because I was constantly going and having no downtime, so I decided to drop one… Yeah, I wasn't very popular for doing that. Except my couch understood, it was great; he even said if I wanted to retry next season that a spot is opened for me above newbies. Perhaps when the couple of weeks are up, the two of us could meet up and toss a football back and forth or play catch. I'll start with the basics if you wanna learn. I don't know why I am offering to teach you or if you even want to, it just seemed like a natural thing to do. Sorry again.

True you made me smile, and I suppose it means we are getting on okay then. The Clarinet, I hear is hard to learn, although there is this dude across from me in-band who plays Clarinet, and he always tells me it's hard to play the instrument with his braces. Do you have braces? If you do, I hope it's not too difficult, and I'm sure you sound fantastic.

For your question, what instrument do I play, I play the piano. I have been playing for about six, maybe seven years. I like it because it gets me away from sports, even though I love sports. I feel alive when I am running with a ball in my hand on a field.

Except, nothing entirely competes with good music that makes you tingle inside. As far as a movie dude goes, I don't think I would call myself an enthusiast. I have a standard film collection, Netflix, and whatnot.

Winters get long, and I catch up on a lot of junk I missed out on in summer. In the summertime, I am never indoors, but you know… in winter everything is reduced. So, music and film pass the hours for me. As for games, I play a little bit of everything, mostly online stuff with friends though. We like to group up and do things together, it is always better with more people, and with folks, you know. How about you, are you a movie guy?

Thanks for the wishes of Basketball, I hope so too, I need everything to go well. I did write back to you; I kept my promise lol. As for Watson, we'll see, it sounds too... too geeky lol.

 

From,

James Bond… AKA - Watson - A Glorified Secretary

More to come, stick around. Comments are welcome :)
My Website - www.dk-daniels.com
Lastly, feedback is crucial, I love hearing from you guys so don’t be afraid to drop an email.danny2017writing@outlook.com
Check out my Patreon for early access to chapters and exclusives. 
A special thanks to my patrons: Samuel Roe (Cynus), Thomas Tallis, Don Jr., Joen,
Copyright © 2018 D.K. Daniels; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 22
  • Love 9
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

13 hours ago, Karl 1960 said:

I am enjoying this a lot.  I look forward to the next chapter.  Thanks

Thank you, I hope you continue to enjoy the series, the next couple of chapters will be delayed, however, due to my fourth of July special which comes out the 1st Of July, and with my 2-week vacation, which I am traveling and the internet access is not the best. I hope this is something that does not put you off and you will come back to the series when I resume posting in mid-July. I will continue posting on Patreon, but I can't say I will be able to update all other outlets over the course of two weeks. As camping and writing are hard to pull off, especially in the 30-Celsius heat. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I am enjoying this back and forth between the boys. I am still having trouble distinguishing between them. However, each letter helps to make their pesonalities more clear. Thank you.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
13 hours ago, JeffreyL said:

I am enjoying this back and forth between the boys. I am still having trouble distinguishing between them. However, each letter helps to make their pesonalities more clear. Thank you.

I suppose it is in the dialogue, Sherlock is a little more expressive with his word choices, whereas Jame Bond... aka Watson now, is more restrictive, this could come to show levels of education, ability in English and could possibly help distinguish between what character is which. I guess you could say Sherlock tries to be over the top, and Watson, not so much. Also once we get into the bulk of the manuscript, we'll get past the generic I like football and I like books. Thanks for sticking with me :) I hope you enjoy.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I must confess, the longer this story (letter) goes on the more I am enjoying it. I now know my early problems with this story was not reading it properly. In fact I just had this thought, my reaction to this story was kind of like trying to put something together but only skimming over the instructions.  Now that I am reading it properly, everything fits together.  It’s funny what you can learn about someone and never meet them. I can see how they are becoming friends. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 7/1/2018 at 5:59 AM, OzLoGo said:

I must confess, the longer this story (letter) goes on the more I am enjoying it. I now know my early problems with this story was not reading it properly. In fact I just had this thought, my reaction to this story was kind of like trying to put something together but only skimming over the instructions.  Now that I am reading it properly, everything fits together.  It’s funny what you can learn about someone and never meet them. I can see how they are becoming friends. 

Hey OzLoGo, sorry I haven't been able to reply to you sooner. I am traveling rurally on vacation and on the road, so the connection to the internet is bad, plus its good to have some downtime. People sometimes have a tendency to skim which is a shame, I suppose it goes to show that if you do you are bound to miss out on important connections. I want to engage the reader more, and having them read every word carefully is awesome. I intend to do it for the remainder of this story which will be riddled with secrets and hints.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

And so the offer of friendship is made. There is a lot to think about in this chapter. I am enjoying this exchange of letters. 

  • Love 2
Link to comment
21 hours ago, Parker Owens said:

And so the offer of friendship is made. There is a lot to think about in this chapter. I am enjoying this exchange of letters. 

True, there is a lot to think about, and a lot to remember after pressing forward lol; I am delighted you are enjoying the exchange. I expect going forward things are going to more interesting.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..