Jump to content
    D.K. Daniels
  • Author
  • 1,858 Words
  • 4,239 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

You & I - 7. Chapter 7

Visit my website or sign up for my mailing list to ensure you don't miss any fun future updates.

View Website

To Sherlock,

 

Okay, okay, okay… You may call me Watson. It looks to be a topic of discussion for every single one of our conversations as so far. Plus, it makes essential sense that you have a Watson considering your Sherlock. Can I possibly be the next best candidate? So, you tell me where and when I sign up for this test or whatever you call it. I'll be ready for it. And it is good to know that you got my package without it having further repercussions. I am sorry that no user guidebook came with the product, I'm afraid to inform you, no such document has been created. Therefore, you will have to contact customer support which, I might sadly have to say has never existed either so, follow that up by a quick Google search.

Furthermore, of course, there is some sense to what I'm saying sleep is sleep… There is no denying that it holds more beneficial value than anything else that a teacher can say and correct, I have nothing against teachers. Though I do have a little bit of the cold stigma at the moment for Mr. Murphy because he's the one that got me into trouble and well… No offense but I wouldn't have to sit down and do this, if not for him. Not that the time spent talking to you has been bad.

If anything, I am enjoying our letters. Every day when I come into school, the box at the top of the class is the first place I go to see if I've received a reply. I have to say you respond quite quickly added; I'm finding it hard to keep up. I apologize if my responses are sluggish, but as I've probably mentioned, I do have a lot on my plate. Now why did I say anything about a dish, it's almost lunch currently, and now I'm hungry.

Anyhow, beds, on the other hand, are fantastic but I don't believe I'd warrant enough will power to go and kiss someone's feet. I find this weird for some particular reason because perhaps I don't think I'm one for showing public displays of affection quite easily.

I understand what you mean by putting work and effort in, and I do I put a lot of effort into past times I am passionate about. From what you have mentioned, I suppose, I could put some more time into developing myself outside of those areas. I admire what you said about what classwork means to you, as sports means to me. I believe it's like one of those things when you do it so much it becomes as rational as breathing and you can't exist without it. I never said that school is a waste of time; I'd happily applaud every teacher who has tried to better me, applied effort in coaching me and has stuck around with me even though I may not be the brightest student in the class.

The realm would surely be boring if everybody were the same, so I'll agree with you on that. Since everybody is different, that is how we have so many options. If everybody were identical, then I don't think there would be many options. Tom, Dick, and Harry… lol, you seem to have a way with one-liners which I like, oddly because they're quite blunt.

And okay, I think I am going to keep my distance now considering you said that you could bend spoons. It's even weirder now since you noted, you don't probe humans. It makes it sound very alien and sci-fi cheesy.

Phew… Good to know. I tend to cuss quite a bit, but it's not for the act of being macho or lit, it's mainly due to being honest. To be honest, my mom doesn't like me swearing either, but sometimes it just comes out, and I can't help it. It sounds like your mom knows what she's talking about and while I figure my mom has the same temperament; except I don't really listen to her all that much when it comes to my language. When I do cuss, it's not usually for the lack of being frustrated I typically cuss about everything because it adds emphasis to everything. For instance, I'll give you an example because I think it makes me sound more you know like me. Instead of saying, the road is long, I'll say, it's one long ass road. Still, it's not that much of a swear word, except sometimes mom gets crabby about me using such exemplifies.

So, you feel the same way, too, when it comes to technology and the way human development is going. It's scary to think that when I was younger I would go missing for hours playing out in the sunshine and then when I look at my little brother playing on an iPad it's sad. The little dude spends all day when he comes in from school on the iPad, occasionally breaking to do his homework, followed by dinner, where he will disappear back to the device, only to have a shower before bedtime, if mom gets lucky.

I believe we're going to get along just fine if you think John Carpenter's movies are lit. Do you think he's the best horror director there is? The new director James Wan is a pretty cool guy as well, he has revamped the face of horror, and I am pleasantly awaiting the new productions he puts his hand to.

And yeah, I apologize about the crappy cop thing. I wasn't thinking when I was composing it, but I didn't want to scribble it out because it would look messy and, I didn't have all that much time to rewrite the letter. I'm relieved you took it in a light spirit and didn't get upset by it. I didn't mean for it to come off as harsh as I did. It's just as I said, I'm pretty honest, and I don't think that fits well with some people.

Question… Do jocks have the traditional sense? I'm not sure what you are implying just because I get on well with people and have friends. I'm traditionally a jock. I reckon anybody who has friends and plays sports can equally, not be considered as a jock. I could say that I'm heading in that direction which I guess is okay but, if I want to fit in, I have to lead in that direction if you get my drift. Plus, I promise that not every person who plays physical sports is not a psycho. So, you're in safe hands. I'm not sure if you're trying to elude me in understanding that I'm going to be more popular than I am now probably, but that is not my primary concern. I don't aspire to quote and have everybody know me or have whoever' chase after me; I want to play for the fun of it.

When I started feeling more tired and weaker, that is when I took my step back, but I'm glad I did it now when I think about it because I feel a lot better. I remember every day when I got in from school when I did not have practice; I'd sleep for two hours when I got home. When I came back from training when I did have to stay out after school hours, by the time I got home, I literally had no energy left. I was missing days when my friends wanted to hang out, and all I could tell them was that I was too tired all the time. It was not fair on anyone, and of all people, it was not for me. I think for most of my sports teams, my coaches expected me to perform well, and my team members did so too. Most will say something if I have a crappy record or if on that feeling if it has consequences. Sometimes it's incredibly hard to live up to other people's expectations; furthermore, I feel like that's what I'm doing most of the time. I do like what I do, I'm not complaining here, it's just sometimes it would be nice to be able to take a step back and relax for a minute. Of all the coaches I've met, my lacrosse coach is the best. After this season with my track in basketball, I might go back to Lacrosse because I'm itching to get back on the field.

You're not saying what I think you're saying though are you? That would be incredibly weird if you are the kid sitting across from me with the braces who plays a clarinet. I never considered it before when you said clarinet because you said you left and right… There was a kid who split from band practice as well who also played a clarinet, but that was last year, and I'm not sure if that was you, but I can't honestly remember the kid. I'm sorry if that was you. From what I recall the dude was pretty cool actually. Or perhaps it could be the fact that you are in the other band class which I've never set foot in so what's the odds that another piano player who looks or seems similar to me is on a piano next door.

I never said this to anyone before, but the reason I joined the marching band was that I liked music. I still do about sad and cheerful melodies. Do you feel the same way about music as I do? Touching things that cannot be provoked when doing other hobbies makes the magic of songs special, and it conveys a lot of understanding and emotion. I have heard that some people go without listening to music. I don't believe how their life is interesting. Sure you can have a bit of both worlds', but no music means you're not a happy person and considering every person nearly listens to it all the time, they understand how extraordinary it is. Except for the small minority, only a select few will truly understand what music is.

I'm sorry to hear you don't have many friends, and I'd be happy to be your friend here or in real life if you want to. I'm not saying it just for pity either because you genuinely sound like a cool person; therefore, I'm open to making a new friend. I don't think I have many virtual friends, in fact, I think everyone I play with online I know, so there's that. Second, I don't hate you or anything like that, or there's no weird stigma because you like games and films. I love video games and movies also so, no pressure.

May I ask why you like being a lone wolf. You mention it; what does it entail? Do you ever get lonely; find it hard to express yourself when no one is there to listen? If I pried too much, I'm sorry, and I hope this doesn't make things weird.

Anyway, see you

 

From,

Watson… Agent has terminated.

More to come, stick around. Comments are welcome :)
My Website - www.dk-daniels.com
Lastly, feedback is crucial, I love hearing from you guys so don’t be afraid to drop an email.danny2017writing@outlook.com
Check out my Patreon for early access to chapters and exclusives. Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and whatnot for updates.
A special thanks to my patrons: Samuel Roe (Cynus), Thomas Tallis, Don Jr., Joen, Ozzy,
Copyright © 2018 D.K. Daniels; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 20
  • Love 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Well he just failed coffee prep in my view! Sounds like a strong instant coffee... not my cup of tea at all! 😁

 

I think there is some miscommunication around the "jock" thing. I am not sure Sherlock is as anti-jock as Watson ex 007 says. Perhaps there is just a bit of defensiveness clouding Watson's thinking?

 

I am enjoying this. I like the concept and you write well... looking forward to the resolution!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 7/28/2018 at 3:39 PM, Canuk said:

Well he just failed coffee prep in my view! Sounds like a strong instant coffee... not my cup of tea at all! 😁

 

I think there is some miscommunication around the "jock" thing. I am not sure Sherlock is as anti-jock as Watson ex 007 says. Perhaps there is just a bit of defensiveness clouding Watson's thinking?

 

I am enjoying this. I like the concept and you write well... looking forward to the resolution!

I have never been one for coffee, tea is the common norm here in Ireland. There is nothing quite like a nice cup when you playing a couple of strings on the guitar or piano or writing the next chapter of a story by a dim light lamp in the evening. Yes, there may be some miscommunication with boys, although I find there is that little inner critic to most of us when we are exploring new things, and even though we don't want it to show sometimes it slips out on things you don't usually have gotten used to. I reckon time will tell whether Sherlock has a thing against Jocks or come to find that it has been all in Watson's head. I hope you enjoy the remainder of the series. I can only afford to release the entries once a week on gay authors as I am writing multiple others that require more attention at the moment. 

  • Love 1
Link to comment

First off, I am so sorry for being so late in reading your story. I had 30 books to read and so I was spending a great deal of time reading them. Today was the 30th and it just so happens this morning I finished book 30,  soooo I am back. 

I will be interesting to see what Sherlock has against jocks.  That question has been hanging around for a while now.  The 30th book I just read was a boys diary. I immediately thought of this story when reading it. I like this style now and I am glad I have been reading it. It really helped being able to read the diary. I look forward to you next creative entry. 

  • Love 2
Link to comment

@OzLoGo - Its okay, we all get caught up one time or another, glad your back. I do recall you mentioning that you were on a trip help a guy in London to edit his work. And I think I recall you mentioning that you had a stockpile of content to get through. I am swimming in books too when it comes to Gayauthors its one chapter day on average lol. Glad you are finding the story interesting again after your break. Maybe Sherlock has been picked on by Jocks and that could explain his predicament. Who knows? I think when I finish this story it is going to be the last diary type entry story for a while. I have a large project I am going back to after a years absence, then I intend to go back to do As They Say - Part 2. By Christmas, I aim to have this story finished, along with A Case Of Jitters. 

  • Love 1
Link to comment

A very interesting question posed: why bash all jocks? Why lump everyone together? And yet Watson may be looking for a way to dissociate himself from jockdom to keep his new friend. His singing skills won’t do that...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 9/11/2018 at 9:03 PM, Parker Owens said:

A very interesting question posed: why bash all jocks? Why lump everyone together? And yet Watson may be looking for a way to dissociate himself from jockdom to keep his new friend. His singing skills won’t do that...

It seemed like a reasonable thing to do. Most people lump certain people who they perceive under a label or tag to help identify something they do not understand fully; or what it is like to have that tag associated to those individuals. Perhaps Sherlock has had some back experience with the athletes and that is why he is a little more cynic toward them. Though yes, Watson wants to step out of the limelight for a while without stepping out of the limelight if that makes sense lol. Yes, I doubt his singing ability will help grow a fanbase if he began to shrill.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..