Jump to content
    Dodger
  • Author
  • 5,162 Words
  • 10,830 Views
  • 58 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Contains mature content

The Cockney Canuck - 104. Chapter 104 The End of the Rainbow

I could smell Amy even before I heard her creep up behind me to cover my eyes with her sticky hands. I was sitting on the hallway floor removing my shoes when I was hit by the distinctive sweet aroma of grape flavoured candy.

“Guess who?”

“Err, I don’t know, Amy. Who is it?”

“You just said my name, silly.”

“Your name is silly?”

“No, stupid. You're silly. I’m Amy.”

“Who am I then?”

“You're Robbie, and you're late.”

I peeled her fingers away off my eyelids and was confronted by a lovable, but very purple smile. Behind it, were purple teeth and a purple tongue.

“Do you want some candy?”

“Not if it makes me look like that.”

There was a loud splash from upstairs followed by laughter and a scream. I heard Nicola shouting and then Luke crying. As I stood up, Sue ran past me heading upstairs in a huff, passing Nicola on the way.

“He just soaked me, Mom.” Nicola was seething and wet as she stormed into the kitchen, stopping briefly to put on a fake smile and warn me of impending doom. “Mom knows,” she said.

It didn’t surprise me; someone must have already called her from the school. My adopted parents had more informers than the FBI, I couldn’t sneeze in that place without it getting back to them. Sue looked like she was already in a bad mood, so I decided to make myself scarce and head to my room.

“Luke’s in the bath,” said Amy. “He’s covered in Cool Aid.” I laughed but believed her. “He dropped a whole jug all over everything and it went everywhere.”

“Whereabouts?”

“Over him.”

“No, I mean where?”

“On the stairs,” she tilted her head to give me a purple smile.

“Oh, nice.”

“Alex goes out and Luke wrecks the house,” said Nicola. “Where’s the mop?”

“Where’s Alex gone?”

She answered my question with a shrug of her shoulders before shouting at Daniel. “I need the mop!”

“Wait, will you! I’m trying to clean the stairs.” Daniel was fighting a losing battle by the look of it. Failing to stem the flow of sugary liquid onto the basement floor below. I didn’t want to get involved so I walked through the dining room and out onto the balcony. There were steps outside which led down to the deck and I was able to get to the safety of my room, avoiding the disaster area.

I closed the door behind me shutting out the mayhem and took a deep breath.

‘Sometimes this place is too much for me’.

Talking to Nathan would help restore my karma, so I switched on the computer, removed my t-shirt, and called him on Skype.

“Hey, Robbie, did you take off your shirt just for me?”

“Of course. I know it turns you on.”

“I don’t get to see enough of your body,” he said.

“I know. But I’m happy to show you whenever you want. You know that, right.” He thought that was funny.

“You sounded very Canadian then,” he said and braced himself for my response.

“No, I didn’t!”

“You did. I think you're starting to lose your accent.”

“Bollocks!”

He was probably right though. As much as I hated it, I was picking up certain words and phrases and using them without thinking. I could hear myself do it and now Nathan had noticed. “It’s a lack of sex that does it,” I said.

“Really?”

“Absolutely. It affects people in different ways.”

“First I’ve heard.”

“It’s medically proven. No sex can reduce your lifespan significantly, ask any teacher.”

“Well if that’s the case, then I guess I should drop everything, run over to your house, and put your dick in my mouth before you die.”

“Now you're starting to make sense. But not here. There are too many people in the house who don’t believe in these new medical practices.”

“But how could they complain if I’m saving your life?”

“I know, right. I mean bloody hell, do me a favour, mate. But really, Sue gets a bit funny when it comes to people sucking my dick in the house. So I’ll come over to your place.”

“So you’ll cum on my face?”

“That’s not what I said, but if that’s what you want.”

He was getting excited. He had already dispatched his top and now there were tell-tale signs of self-pleasuring. His arm was moving, but I couldn’t see below his elbow, even when I put my face up to the screen.

“What are you doing?”

“Trying to see what you're doing down there.” He thought it was hilarious.

“It doesn’t work like that, Robbie.” I wasn’t that stupid. In fact, I may have been smarter than him. It hadn’t taken me long to figure out the easiest way into Nathan’s pants was to make him laugh, and the easiest way to make him laugh was by playing the fool. “You're adorable sometimes,” he said. “And I wanna do dirty things to you.”

I smiled and sat back in the chair, case proven, it was almost too easy. Now I had a willing participant, all I had to do was find a place to ravish his fleshly beauty without being interrupted. That was the difficult bit.

The Palm Springs Motel was the obvious solution for a boy with money to burn, but impossible on a weeknight and Nathan was going to be busy at the weekend doing a screen test for his commercial.

“I’ll be free the weekend after though and it’s Thanksgiving. My mom wants to know if you’ll come for dinner.”

“I suppose. I don’t really know what it is. We don’t have Thanksgiving in England.”

“It’s pretty boring really, it’s mostly a family thing. My uncle and his kids will be coming over and everyone sits down for a big turkey dinner. It’s like traditional. You better check with Sue first because I know you guys normally have people over.”

“We do?”

“Yes, and Don likes the family there.”

“Thanks for telling me. You can let your mom know I’ll be there.”

He chuckled. “Remember it’s a family day. There’ll be no chance of any naughties but if you want, we could go to Palm Springs the day before. That way, you’ll be too sore to be thinking about sex.”

It sounded good but it was still ten days away which seemed like an eternity. My dick was already standing to attention, so I was thinking of more immediate interim solutions. They all involved my right hand but with Daniel likely to walk in at any moment and Luke hogging the bath, it would have to wait.

“It’s too busy in this house. I never get any time to myself. I can’t do anything.”

“You can’t jerk off, you mean,” said Nathan.

“Yes. I mean no, I can’t. Not without an audience.”

“Sounds kinky?”

“Nicola and Daniel, no thanks.”

“Alex would probably appreciate it.” It was a surprise to hear Nathan mention Alex, even in jest. He seemed to be a little more accepting of my jock friend now we had cleared the air and I told him there was nothing going on between us.

“Alex is not here and besides; I don’t want him. You're the only audience I want. I would jerk off for you any day.”

“Prove it.”

“What now? No! Too many people in the house. But when we go to Palm Springs, I’m gonna prove to you how much I love you.” Nathan’s eyes seemed to come alive as I spoke.

“What are you gonna do to prove it, big boy?”

“Whatever you want.”

“Hmm, it might be something you don’t wanna do.”

“If it turns you on, then I’ll do it. I just wanna please you.”

He started fanning his face with his hand and taking exaggerated breaths. “Geez, Robbie. You're getting me all worked up. I’ll have to see if I can fit you in sooner.”

“Oh, I’m sure you’ll be able to squeeze me in somewhere. Maybe around the back.”

“It might be a bit of a push, but it’s never been a problem for you before. What’s gotten into you lately?”

“Nothing! That’s the problem.”

“Four weeks without sex and you're climbing the walls.”

It wasn’t just the four weeks without sex, there were other considerations. I was wracked by guilt after accusing him of cheating on me with Alex, and desperate to make amends, if only to make myself feel better. I wanted to do something special for him, to repay his loyalty. It was the least I could do, and I had already decided that I would agree to any fantasy he could dream up, no matter how weird or bizarre. Even if it meant sharing him for a night with a stranger. I would do it if it made him happy.

“You can invite a guest too, if you want.”

“You know I would like that, but your conditions don’t make it easy.”

“Forget about the conditions. I don’t mind who it is. As long as you trust him, then I will too.” It was a change of tactics, giving him full control of something which would likely play a big part in the future of our relationship. “It’s you I want though.”

“I’m sorry, baby. I wanna be with you too. There’ll be more opportunities soon, I promise. But we can still meet up, we don’t have to get naked to have fun. We can go out someplace like normal couples.” He had a point, maybe we were putting too much emphasis on sex. We didn’t have to do it every time we were together. I was sure most couples didn’t do that. There were other things we could do which didn’t require a set of handcuffs and a bottle of lube.

To prove this, we arranged to go to the cinema on Friday for a normal date, although I wasn’t convinced it would work. Nathan wasn’t the type to be satisfied sharing candy and popcorn, and the hot dogs were too pliable to make useful props. It would be a test of our resolve, but I seriously doubted he would be capable of keeping his hands to himself or watching a movie without a happy ending.

On Skype, Nathan seemed to be having fun, and he looked as if he was ready to start splashing his keyboard without my assistance. It was a lot easier for him, whereas my activities were severely hampered by having to share a bedroom with Daniel.

Maybe because it was in the basement next to the family room, but at times, it seemed as if our bedroom was a communal meeting place. People who were new to the house would often open the door thinking it was some kind of games room, or just being nosy. They didn’t expect to find a bedroom, which was why I wanted a lock on the door, but Don wouldn’t allow it. It was okay for him; he didn’t have to put up with people walking in at the wrong times. Although admittedly, the worst offenders were the immediate family, like Sue.

When she called my name and knocked on the door, it was an immediate passion killer and I switched off the monitor. When she knocked again and I still didn’t answer, the door opened.

“I was getting changed you know.” I swivelled my chair around and frowned at her.

“While sitting at the computer? Why didn’t you say something?”

“It doesn’t matter.”

“Can you put a shirt on please.”

I was a little miffed. This was supposed to be my bedroom. It’s not as if I was sitting at the dinner table. Daniel would rarely wear more than a pair of boxers in there.

“Why do I need to put a shirt on in my own bedroom? You don’t make Daniel do that.”

“Maybe because he doesn’t take off his clothes to pose for his boyfriend on the internet. Come on, Robbie. I’m not stupid.”

“I didn’t know Daniel had a boyfriend.”

“You know what I mean.”

I was angry at being found out and a little embarrassed. “Fine, I’m not allowed to even take my shirt off in this house or change my clothes.” She stood in the doorway, arms folded, as I pulled the first thing I found over my head. It was a polo shirt and it was back to front.

She was trying to keep a straight face but I was seething, refusing to admit it was on wrong. “What are you laughing at?”

“Nothing dear, but I didn’t come down here to discuss what you do with Nathan. I want to know why you were late today?”

‘I knew it’.

“You already know why. I had detention.”

“Good, I’m glad you didn’t try to lie to me.”

“No point in lying,” I mumbled.

“No, there isn’t much point in lying. Why did you have detention?”

“For being rude to a teacher.” I tapped the computer keyboard while I waited for Sue’s lecture but it didn’t come.

“I was told what you said.”

“Then why are you asking me? I told Mrs Shaunasee to fuck off because she was being a bitch!” Sue went red with rage. I thought she was going to scream. She didn’t even mention the swear jar. I was pushing her to see how far I could go, a battle I would generally lose, but lately, she was showing signs of fatigue.

“I’ve told you enough times not to swear and now you're swearing at teachers.”

“No, only the one.”

“It’s not good enough, Robbie. I’ve had Mr Andrews on the phone asking if everything was okay at home.”

“AND WHAT DID YOU SAY, YES?”

Sue looked as if she was going to lose it. I was close to being grounded and missing my date with Nathan. One more petulant remark would have sealed it.

There were days like this when she didn’t know how to handle me and I could sense with Don still at work, she was desperate to avoid a confrontation.

“We’ll discuss this later after dinner,” she said. What she meant was—we’ll discuss it when Don gets home—she needed back-up. When I was in these moods, she could no longer handle me on her own. I was fast becoming unmanageable.

*     *     *

The Rainbow Cinema in Cobourg already held a special place in my heart. It was where Fran last worked her magic on me with a feature-length blow job, and where Nathan and I went for our first proper date. Five months later on the first day of October, we returned to the place where it all began.

A lot of things had changed during that time. I knew more people for a start. Probably half of those who were waiting in line with us that Friday evening, including most of the teenagers. This time there was nothing to hide. Everyone knew we were a couple and we proved it by holding hands along with most of the other teenage lovers. It got us a few looks, some questionable, but most friendly, and a lot of people stopped to say hello.

One of them was Kirsty, the screamer. She was with a friend when she recognised me and stopped for a chat. The last time I saw her, I was holding hands with Ginny after booking a room at the infamous Palm Springs Motel, and she was with a man old enough to be her dad. I don’t think she really knew what to make of me, and I wasn’t about to make it any easier for her.

“How long have you guys been dating?”

“Almost six-months,” I said. “But this is only our second date.”

“Wow, take it easy, boys, don’t rush into anything. You're a quick mover, Robbie. But I guess you’ve been in the hospital for a long time.”

“I guess.”

“Well, enjoy the movie. If that’s what you're here for.” It made me wonder how many of the couples standing with us were here to watch the movie. Probably not that many. Most of my previous visits were spent playing tongue twister and Fran once spent an entire showing on her knees with her face in my lap. That was hardcore but the cinema then was almost empty, and tonight it was nearly a full house. There was no way anything like that was going to happen.

Judging by his mood though I had every reason to be hopeful of a little action before the end of the night. Nathan was livelier than I had seen him in a long while. His hands were everywhere, picking my pockets, and brushing against me. Light but deliberate contact and always in the right places. I loved him the most when he was in these moods. He was at his best. Cute, charming, and utterly adorable.

“Who was that girl?” he asked.

“She was in the room next door at the motel. Don’t you remember?”

He covered his mouth. “Oh my God, she was so loud. It was disgusting.” Then he lowered his voice. “Do I ever make that much noise when we… you know?”

“Bloody hell, Nathan. My memory’s improving but I can’t remember that far back.”

“Very funny.”

“Well, you’re never that loud. But you definitely have your moments. Sometimes, you do this high pitched whine that’s really cute.” He was embarrassed and started to blush, but he wanted more. “And then you bite your bottom lip, and look like you're gonna cry.”

“Stop it!”

“It’s true. I swear. Just before you.” He covered my mouth with his spare hand and eyeballed me.

“Don’t. People can hear.” When he was sure I understood, he slowly removed his hand and wiped it on his jeans.

“Before you blow!” I said, and he hit me as I laughed.

“Shush.” He looked around with a bashful smile. There were two girls standing behind us whispering and giggling. I don’t think they heard me above the noise of everyone talking, but they were amused by our very animated conversation. They soon joined in with a ridiculous question.

“Excuse me. Are you guys gay?”

“I’m not,” I said. “But my boyfriend is.”

“It’s okay,” said Nathan, “he’s kidding you.”

“I thought so. I hope you don’t mind me asking, but is there a place where gay teenagers hang out in Cobourg.”

I looked at Nathan who seemed wary. “Why?”

She was nervous. “That sounded bad. I’m not a freak or anything. I just wanted to know where gay people meet around here?”

“They don’t,” he said. “Are you gay?”

The girls giggled. “No, but my brother is. We live outta town in the boonies and there’s nowhere for him to go and meet people. I thought it might be easier for him in Cobourg.”

Nathan seemed to relax a little. “Not much. There are gay teenagers, but most of them are in hiding, too scared to reveal themselves. It’s getting better, but Cobourg’s stuck in a time warp.”

“We have a BLTQ club at school,” I said.

“That’s bacon, lettuce, and tomato,” said Nathan. “Excuse my boyfriend, he’s English.” They laughed at me as my boyfriend comfortably took centre stage. “How did you even know we were gay?”

They hesitated, unsure if it was a joke or not. Until he felt sorry for them and laughed. “I get it. Robbie sticks out like a sore thumb.”

“Actually, it was your multi-coloured nail-polish that gave you away,” she said. “And the eye make-up. Are you wearing lipstick too?”

“I tiny dab,” he said. I hadn’t even noticed, but now he had confessed I began studying his lips. “He’s worried. He doesn’t like lipstick do you, sweetie?” He gave me a quick peck and laughed as I frantically rubbed my cheek and looked at my hand.

“You guys are funny,” said the girl.

“How old is he?” I asked. Nathan frowned as I diverted the conversation away from him and back to the girl’s brother.

“Sixteen and he’s really cute, but he has hardly any friends and he doesn’t know anyone else who’s gay.”

I could almost see Nathan’s ears prick up at the word cute, and I have to admit I was a little curious about this kid too. Sixteen, gay, and cute were the magic words and enough for Nathan and me to start quarrelling for the boy’s company.

I could see my boyfriend hatching a plan, so I jumped in first.

“Do you come to Cobourg a lot?”

“Sometimes.”

“Well, if you're here next Friday, bring your brother with you,” said Nathan.

‘The fucker stole my plan’.

“We’ll be here. He can watch a movie with us.”

Nathan stared at me, annoyed by my interruption. “No, no,” he said. “He’s not gonna wanna do that. He can hang out at the waterfront with us instead. Do you know where the beach is?”

“That’s really sweet,” the girl said. “But he doesn’t know you. He would be too nervous.”

Nathan turned to me. “You should stay at home then; he’ll probably feel intimidated by your accent.”

“She didn’t say that.”

“I think it’s cute,” said the girl and I poked my tongue at my him.

“My boyfriend’s so immature,” said Nathan. “But he makes up for it in other ways, don’t you, sexy?” He was trying to embarrass me by resting his chin on my shoulder and batting his eyelids. We were accumulating an audience, and I couldn’t stop myself from pushing him away. It was as good as a surrender to him.

“I’ll try to get him to come with us next Friday,” she said. “For the early showing, so if you're here, I’ll introduce him to you guys.”

“Cool,” said Nathan. “We could all go for something to eat at Jimmy’s after and maybe he can meet some of my friends.”

“Really, you would do that?”

‘She’s having a laugh. Nathan would probably walk across broken glass to meet a cute boy’.

“It’s no big deal. It’ll be fun meeting him. It’s not much, I know, but probably better than sitting indoors in the boonies… Wherever that is.”

They thought it was good of us to put ourselves out, and we even swapped cell phone numbers as we chatted. They were nice girls, and the one whose brother we were talking about was particularly good-looking with golden blonde hair and deep blue eyes. Very Scandinavian and she couldn’t have been far off his age either.

“They’re twins,” said the other girl. “But he’s better looking.” She was probably joking but Nathan—a sucker for blonds—looked like he was about to faint. I pushed in front of him with a confident swagger. “We’ll be here next Friday, so you're welcome to swing by… If you want to, that is.”

“You're welcome to swing by,” teased Nathan as we found a couple of seats at the back of the movie theatre. “Oh my God, I can’t believe you said that.”

“Well, at least I wasn’t drooling like you. You’ll scare the crap outta the poor kid.”

“There you go, talking all Canadian again.”

“What? Oh, fuck off!”

*     *     *

The movie was funny, but our romantic activities were hampered by couples on either side of us, who seemed more interested in watching us, than doing anything themselves. I wasn’t expecting a sperm guzzling cinematic experience of the Fran variety, but I think second base was a reasonable assumption to make. As it was, we kissed and held hands but that was it, and nothing erotic.

It was nearly ten o’clock when the early showing at the Rainbow finished and we filed into the parking lot outside the mall. It was damp and cold with a blustery wind that scuppered our plans for a walk along the waterfront. Instead, I called a cab and asked to be picked up outside Canadian Tire. It was the next building to the Northumberland Mall, and it spared us having to wait alongside a crowd of frustrated teens. Couples who were hot from making out, but with nowhere to go to take it any further. I knew exactly how they felt.

“Are your parents at home?”

He gave me an apologetic smile and grabbed my hand. “Yes, sorry.”

“That’s okay. I thought so. They never go out.”

“It’s not just my parents,” he said. “Sue never goes out either. Her and Don have your house on lock down. Whenever I’m there they watch me like a hawk.”

“Sue told me off for removing my shirt the other day when I was talking to you on Skype.”

“See what I mean. She’s a control freak. It’s an infringement of your civil liberties.”

“Sue can’t spy on us at the motel,” I said. “And I can take off more than my shirt for you there.”

“I’m sorry, baby. I can’t do this weekend.”

“But you said. Oh, never mind.” I was clutching at straws, I had a feeling he wouldn’t be available. It was becoming a regular pattern.

“I have to be in Toronto tomorrow for the commercial, and we’re going out for the day on Sunday. It’s a family thing that I can’t get out of.”

Nathan put his arm around me and rested his head on my shoulder as the taxi-driver made quick work of the journey to his house.

“Do you still love me, Nathan?”

“Of course, I do. What made you say that?”

“No reason, it’s just, well.”

“It’s because we haven’t been having sex, isn’t it?”

“I get the feeling sometimes you don’t wanna do it with me anymore.”

“Well, you're wrong. You're not the only one who feels horny. I think about it all the time, but there’s nothing I can do if we don’t have anywhere to go.”

I could see the driver watching us in his mirror. He wasn’t one of my regular ones, so I lowered my voice.

“You're always busy at the weekends.”

“Oh my God. One weekend I’m busy, and suddenly it’s all my fault that you haven’t had sex in a month.” Nathan’s voice was louder than necessary, making a mockery of my attempt to keep our love life from the public domain.

“I didn’t say it was your fault.”

“I thought we had a good time tonight. Didn’t you enjoy it?”

“Yes, I did. It was a funny film.”

“What about the other stuff, did you enjoy that? The kissing. Was it that forgettable?”

“No, I enjoyed that too, but…”

“But what, Robbie. Can’t you have a good time without sex?”

I had to think about it. The roles had been reversed. Nathan was usually the one who initiated it and had the biggest appetite.

‘What happened to the Nathan of old. Who is this imposter’?

I didn’t answer, but I was angered by his deliberate attempt to embarrass me in front of the driver. He had been swinging like a pendulum all evening and I was fed up with his changing moods. When the taxi pulled up outside his house, he leaned across to kiss me on the cheek but the damage had been done. No more histrionics.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to shout at you.” I wanted to push him away, but his next kiss caught me on the lips and stayed there until the driver coughed. Probably for the first time ever, I made no attempt to kiss him back. “What’s wrong?”

‘What’s wrong’?

“Can you stay for a while?”

“Why?”

“I wanna talk to you. Please. You still have an hour-and-a-half before you have to be home. If you arrive back this early, you're gonna look totally lame.”

“Make up your mind, kid.” The cab driver was fast losing patience, but he mellowed out when he saw the tip I gave him, and even offered me some advice.

“Four weeks is nothing, kid. Sometimes it’s much longer for me.”

“See,” said Nathan. “Think yourself lucky.” Then he turned to the driver. “You need to get yourself a new girlfriend, mister.”

“Boyfriend,” he corrected him.

I giggled. “Oh,” said Nathan. “Really?”

“No, I’m joking, kid. But have fun tonight, queer boys.” As he drove off, I had a sudden attack of the shivers. I was glad to get out of his cab, even if it meant walking home.

“That guy is creepy,” I said. “He was staring at your bum.”

“Who doesn’t,” said Nathan. He often trod a fine line between humour and narcissism, but I was experienced enough now to know he wasn’t joking.

“Most people, I suppose.”

“What?”

“You're nice, Nathan but don’t kid yourself. Not everyone finds you attractive, and not everyone would want to be with you. You're too girly for a lot of guys. It’s too much for me sometimes. I like boys. Blokes. Men. Males. Not girls in make-up and frilly dresses.” I knew that comment would irk him, but he really needed to be brought down a peg or two. It was the first time I dared to do it and I was surprised by how easily the words flowed.

I was expecting a cold-shouldered response, and it was a few steps before I realised he was no longer walking beside me. When I glanced back, he was leaning against a lamppost staring at his feet.

He wouldn’t look at me and when I tried to put my hand on his shoulder, he pushed me away.

“Why didn’t you tell me this before?”

“I didn’t want to hurt you?”

“Is that why you like Alex? He’s more macho than me. And I know you like him, I know more than you think.”

This wasn’t good. We were right outside his house. Not the best place for an argument about Alex.

“Shush, people can hear you.”

“I don’t care who hears me!” He was loud and almost guaranteeing us an audience. I shielded my eyes as if trying to hide my identity from the neighbours. People who had already watched me come and go at all hours. It was too late to attempt anonymity, but I thought it would be better if I went home.

“Where are you going?”

“Home.”

“Don’t walk away from me, Robbie.”

I carried on walking.

“I mean it. YOU’LL BE SORRY!”

“I doubt it.”

It was that final threat which made me keep walking. When I reached the end of his road and looked back, he was gone and the lights were off. The house which always looked as if it was smiling, suddenly looked very sad.

It was getting colder and I was wearing only a flimsy jacket, but I insisted on walking. It cleared my head and allowed me time to think.

By the time I got home, I had made my decision.

Whatever the future held for me. Nathan wasn’t going to be a part of it.

If you enjoyed this chapter, then please take the time to leave a comment below and follow the story. Your feedback is always welcome and noted. Members are also invited to discuss the story and characters with others, and there is a discussion on the forum via the link below.

http://www.gayauthors.org/forums/topic/42134-the-cockney-canuck-by-dodger/
In the next chapter, the Taylor’s gather for a dysfunctional family Thanksgiving but it’s not a happy one for Robbie.

Copyright © 2017 Dodger; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 28
  • Love 7
  • Wow 3
  • Sad 11
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

For discussion of themes and topics. The book can be found here: https://www.gayauthors.org/story/dodger/thecockneycanuck After 47 chapters and lots of drama I think it's time this story has a discussion topic where readers can interact with the author and each other. There are certainly plenty of situations, characters and emotions to bring up, and of course most of all Robbie the Cockney Canuck. Dodger has kindly given me permission to start this thread and has promised to be part of the di
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



I agree with his decision about breaking things off with Nathan though it’s easier said than done as Nathan is his first true relationship outside of Tom. In this chapter the love between them seemed diluted as Nathan’s interest in the new gay boy seemed very strong for someone in a committed relationship but Robbie also seemed really interested in him as well which had me wondering about the strength of their love. Robbie’s inhibitions about having sex with someone else as part of a threesome also seemed to vanish in this chapter which implies that perhaps his feelings for Nathan had diminished some as previously he was jealous at the mere idea of someone else having sex with Nathan even if he was present. Then there’s the fact that Nathan still seems to be pulling away from him plus how arrogant & self centered he can be means I just don’t see this relationship working long term. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I'm doing a happy dance, throwing a party, Nathan went down in flames...pun totally intended. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
46 minutes ago, Edward said:

So Nathan and Robbie are definitely headed for splitsville. Based on the last few chapters I actually expected to to happen already. Something is up with Nathan and I am not sure what it is.

 

Interested to see where this goes. 

 

Great Chapter!

Yes, it does seem to be over now. Who dumps who doesn't really matter, I think both boys have been accepting for a while that it's over. They haven't been dating for very long but it was probably more intense than most high school romances. How this will affect them, and how quickly they move on, remains to be seen. Discounting Tom, Robbie's only previous experience of breaking up was with Fran, a relationship which was doomed to fail, so he may find this a little more difficult than he expects.

Thanks @Edward   

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
42 minutes ago, NimirRaj said:

I agree with his decision about breaking things off with Nathan though it’s easier said than done as Nathan is his first true relationship outside of Tom. In this chapter the love between them seemed diluted as Nathan’s interest in the new gay boy seemed very strong for someone in a committed relationship but Robbie also seemed really interested in him as well which had me wondering about the strength of their love. Robbie’s inhibitions about having sex with someone else as part of a threesome also seemed to vanish in this chapter which implies that perhaps his feelings for Nathan had diminished some as previously he was jealous at the mere idea of someone else having sex with Nathan even if he was present. Then there’s the fact that Nathan still seems to be pulling away from him plus how arrogant & self centered he can be means I just don’t see this relationship working long term. 

The writing was on the wall and as you rightly point out, Robbie was acting a little different throughout the date. He seemed distant, like he no longer cared and this shows in his climb down over Nathan's three-way sex initiative. He seems to have accepted the fact that Nathan was pulling away and maybe by preempting this he will be doing himself a favour by sparing himself the agony of being dumped. I know it's never that easy.

 

A level head is required at this stage, which means resisting the temptation to jump into bed with the first available closeted gay guy, who he has always had a thing for, and who just happens to be lodging in his basement. Not many of those around, is there? 

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
48 minutes ago, JayT said:

I'm doing a happy dance, throwing a party, Nathan went down in flames...pun totally intended. 

Thanks @JayT I thought you might be happy with this chapter. Nathan isn't going to disappear though and like the wily poker player he is, he's holding a few choice cards. Robbie will do well not to show his hand too soon.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I’m sorry but Nathan does act a little girly at times with his painted nails and the makeup. Nathan seems to think that he’s the object of affection everyone wants only like Robbie said about most people wouldn’t find him attractive, if he would cut back on the femininity he might find that people would want to be with him by people I mean guys. Robbie was right to say what he did to Nathan about him not being attractive because he puts on too much of a feminine side of himself which causes people to not want to be with him. Then after they get out of the cab and Robbie told Nathan that he acts like a girl so much that I like boys. Blokes. Men. Males. Not girls in make-up and frilly dresses.” I knew that comment would irk him, but he really needed to be brought down a peg or two. It was the first time I dared to do it and I was surprised by how easily the words flowed. That got to Nathan and when Robbie started walking away from him he got mad and demanded that Robbie get back and talk to him otherwise he’s going to be sorry, that statement just made Robbie walk even more, then when he’d gotten to the end of the block he turned around and Nathan was already inside his house and the lights were out. I don’t know what to expect from them now but I don’t think they’re going to be a couple much longer. I know Robbie doesn’t want Alex as he was accused of by Nathan.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
49 minutes ago, Dodger said:

A level head is required at this stage, which means resisting the temptation to jump into bed with the first available closeted gay guy, who he has always had a thing for, and who just happens to be lodging in his basement. Not many of those around, is there? 

 

Yeah, I’m afraid that temptation will be a hard one to resist and I’m also worried Alex might give the impression he’d make a good boyfriend due to his recent behavior causing emotions to get brought into it which will end up getting Robbie’s heartbroken. Stringless sex is one thing but I don’t think Robbie can have a physical relationship without getting his emotions involved. I’m also still curious about what Tom overheard regarding Nathan as I’m curious if it would involve Alex potentially helping show Robbie that Alex isn’t the right guy for hm. With Nathan seemingly in the past now though that information seems irrelevant and likely doesn’t have anything to do with Alex anyway. Hopefully Robbie will remember how Alex has acted in the past including his attempts to hookup with Nathan, likely knowing he was with Robbie, and won’t give into it the temptation just because he’s available though I have my doubts.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, NimirRaj said:

I agree with his decision about breaking things off with Nathan though it’s easier said than done as Nathan is his first true relationship outside of Tom. In this chapter the love between them seemed diluted as Nathan’s interest in the new gay boy seemed very strong for someone in a committed relationship but Robbie also seemed really interested in him as well which had me wondering about the strength of their love. Robbie’s inhibitions about having sex with someone else as part of a threesome also seemed to vanish in this chapter which implies that perhaps his feelings for Nathan had diminished some as previously he was jealous at the mere idea of someone else having sex with Nathan even if he was present. Then there’s the fact that Nathan still seems to be pulling away from him plus how arrogant & self centered he can be means I just don’t see this relationship working long term. 

 

“Strength of their love”? Please.  Teenagers that young don’t fall in love.  Intense and personal bond - perhaps but love is not something you can claim at that age with your hormones on overdrive.

 

That aside, I was worried this was going to be a one of those chapters where nothing much happens and half of it is Nathan and Robbie flirting.  You certainly proved me wrong, Dodger ❤️ 

 

Anyone else apprehensive about Nathan’s parting words?  He doesn’t seem in the habit of making idle threats - and he certainly knows all of Robbie’s weak points.

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
5 hours ago, Israfil said:

Anyone else apprehensive about Nathan’s parting words?  He doesn’t seem in the habit of making idle threats - and he certainly knows all of Robbie’s weak points.

 

Well Robbie’s out of the closet, so Nathan can't out him at school.

But your right he knows Robbie well enough that he might be able to cause problems in other ways.

I wonder how this will affect Daniel and Nathan’s friendship ??

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

I think Nathan somehow knows about Robbie and Alex. And he certainly knows about what kind of relationship Robbie had with Tom. I´m afraid he will use that against Robbie one way or the other. Can´t say I have a lot of love in regards of Nathan. He simply annoys me!! 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, Scary said:

I think you did an excellent job narrating the downfall of this relationship. It doesn't feel rushed, the signs were there, neither side was willing to compromise anymore, and finally one little argument blew up way more than it would have if they were still loving each other. It felt very real. Now I am excited to see the beginnings of a new era. There are so many opportunities for Robbie, after he gets over the pain of loosing his first real boyfriend. I doubt he is going to choose Alex, though, since that guy can't be trusted after he tried to make Nathan cheat on Robbie. But there is still a phone number from a certain shy kid sitting deep inside Robbie's pockets, as well as the newly introduced boy from the countryside. I hope the next chapter comes out soon!

This makes me think about the Alex and Nathan thing.  Would it be possible that Alex did that to try to break them up and have Robbie for himself?  He's certainly devious enough to do it, so it wouldn't surprise me.  And if Alex is interested in Robbie, you can be sure he'll be ready to jump in and take Nathan's place.  That's why I really think Robbie is going to have at least a rebound relationship with Alex.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
14 hours ago, JayT said:

I'm doing a happy dance, throwing a party, Nathan went down in flames...pun totally intended. 

Hahaha, why do you hate Nathan so much?  Although I'll admit he was starting to get annoying lately.

 

I feel bad for Daniel, he's going to be stuck in the middle of this mess, and he might be forced to choose between his best friend and his brother.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
31 minutes ago, Shadow086 said:

Hahaha, why do you hate Nathan so much?  Although I'll admit he was starting to get annoying lately.

 

I feel bad for Daniel, he's going to be stuck in the middle of this mess, and he might be forced to choose between his best friend and his brother.

lately??? Nathan's been on my nerves since I don't know when...I agree Daniel's going to be stuck in the middle and I wouldn't put it past Nathan to lie to Daniel to turn him against Robbie

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Great chapter. I feel for Robbie living under a mistrustful and possible homophobic household. The promises made to Robbie when they collected him from the airport after he chose to go and live with them rings very hollow. There is a strong sense of oppression and control where Dan and Sue are concerned and it is worrying to see Robbie in this predicament. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment
5 hours ago, heifel35 said:

I think Nathan somehow knows about Robbie and Alex. And he certainly knows about what kind of relationship Robbie had with Tom. I´m afraid he will use that against Robbie one way or the other. Can´t say I have a lot of love in regards of Nathan. He simply annoys me!! 

Nathan would make a difficult boyfriend. He's cute but self-centered and can be quite vindictive. Robbie was blinded by his physical attraction but gradually saw his faults. There's no reason for Nathan to want to hurt Robbie at the moment but that could all change if he gets it in his head that he was cheating on him with Alex. Thanks for commenting @heifel35 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
8 hours ago, 1brokNangel said:

 

Well Robbie’s out of the closet, so Nathan can't out him at school.

But your right he knows Robbie well enough that he might be able to cause problems in other ways.

I wonder how this will affect Daniel and Nathan’s friendship ??

Poor Daniel. Just when he was getting used to his new brother dating his best friend now he has to handle their break up. Whatever happens he will feel torn between friend and family and it's difficult to be neutral. He needs to avoid being used as a go between, passing messages between the boys. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..