Jump to content
    Dodger
  • Author
  • 6,188 Words
  • 5,430 Views
  • 14 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Contains mature content

The Cockney Canuck - 69. Chapter 69 Canada Day Part 1

Thursday was Canada Day, the annual national holiday that commemorates the anniversary of the British North American Act of the First of July, 1867, creating the country of Canada.

I had been told that Cobourg was the place to be; a laughable comment on any other day, but I had heard enough evidence to warrant further investigation. I knew that on a summers day, the beach was a natural crowd puller and always busy, but according to the local rag, that day it would be supplemented by a funfair on the pier, live music in the adjacent park, and a huge art fair by the harbour. There were events all over town, but predictably, most of the festivities would be along the waterfront, culminating in a giant firework display, which they claimed was going to be spectacular.

I folded the newspaper and tossed it across the table. Of all the days to be stuck indoors, this was looking like being the worst. It seemed as if finally, this sleepy retirement town was about to come to life for one fun-packed day, and I was going to miss out.

The Taylor family had been invited to the official Rotary Club party under a marquee at the harbour front. It was where all the local badge wearers and big wigs would hang out and pat each other on the back after another year of doing pretty much nothing in return for fat-cat, publicly-funded salaries. The ‘Cobourg mafia’, as Sue jokingly described them, may have been no more than pimples on the ass of Canada, but everything in that town went through them.

Don knew them all and had a lot to offer. As a benefactor for a number of local, mostly children’s charities, he would donate money and help promote various fundraising events throughout the year. However, as a true disciple of advertising, his efforts demanded a return and his reward was a place on the head table at the town’s most prestigious annual event with an impressive list of useful contacts.

Unlike Don, I wasn’t interested in rubbing shoulders with the mayor or the chief of police, but I had never been to anything like it before, and I badly wanted to go. Nicola was going, even though she told me that it was boring, and Daniel would be there too, even Amy, but because of my recent head injury, I was told that I would have to stay at home.

I wasn’t going down without a fight, and that morning, I had been hounding Sue relentlessly, hoping to change her mind and create a divide between her and Don. She was the weaker of the two and had proved vulnerable in the past to sustained attacks aimed at her sympathetic nature, so I pulled out all of the stops.

“I’m sorry honey, but you know what the doctor said.” I had heard it all before.

‘There will be other times’.

“There will be other opportunities for you.”

‘Your health is more important’.

“But your health is more important than a day out.”

Her response had been predictable but unlike previous occasions, she showed no signs of wavering, and I was becoming increasingly desperate.

“There’s nothing wrong with me, I’m just bored that’s all. I’m fed up of resting all the time, I need to do something.” I paced the living room floor in frustration but got little change out of her.

“Why don’t you get yourself dressed dear?”

“Can I go then?”

“No.”

“Then why bother…I might as well stay like this all day.” It was rare for me to walk around the house in my pyjamas, I would usually get dressed before leaving the bedroom or in the shower, but I guess I was trying to make a point.

“That’s up to you,” she said, “but it’s gonna be warm today, I thought that you might want to sit in the garden.”

“On my bloody own?” I plonked myself down in the armchair as Don came downstairs and walked towards me. He was dressed in his best and when he breathed in, he actually looked quite dapper.

“This isn’t a punishment Robbie, you’ve been injured and your body needs time to recover,” he said. “If you brave it out today, then I promise to make it up to you. There’s something coming up that I know you’re gonna like.”

I wasn’t going to be lured into submission by his empty promises, he had been telling me for months that he was going to take me to Niagara Falls, but it never materialised. He was expecting me to show some interest, but I wasn’t going to give him the satisfaction, so I kept my mouth shut and stared at the wall.

“Some friends of ours want to know if you’d like to go on their boat with them,” he said, and I flicked my eyes towards him briefly, before going back to my sulk. “Well it’s actually a yacht; a forty-foot yacht, moored in the harbour and when you’re well again, they want you to join them for the day. They’re good people and it’ll be a lot of fun.”

“What boat is it dad?” asked Daniel, who had come up from the basement dressed for the beach.

“The Princess Louise,” said Don, but it meant nothing to me.

“Oh my God, that is so cool, can I come?” asked Daniel.

“Maybe another time Daniel, but this is just for Robbie. They heard about your accident and they thought that you might like to have a day out, it’ll be fun.”

“That’s the biggest boat in the harbour, Robbie,” said Daniel. “The owners are billionaires.”

Don chuckled. “Well, not quite billionaires, but they’re certainly well-off and they’re nice people, they wanna meet you.” I didn’t feel much like going on a boat trip with a load of rich strangers who I would need to be ultra-polite to, but even if I did it was still likely to be a long way off.

“That’s something to look forward to Robbie,” said Sue.

“I’ll tell them today that it’s a definite, then shall I?” he looked down at me, hoping to drag out an acknowledgement of some kind, and after a few seconds, I nodded reluctantly. “Good, now all you have to do is get yourself better.” He walked off to the study, happy with the way that he had handled it, but I was still angry, and frustrated. I needed to find a solution for that day, not next month.

When Don had left I turned my attention back to Sue. “Can I go in the pool when you’re out?” but I was only stoking the fire, the answer was obvious.

“No,” she said, “definitely not.”

“Why, I’m a good swimmer?”

“I know dear, but I don’t think you should be swimming, in case something happens. Nicola, make sure he doesn’t get in the pool when I’m out.” Sue sounded a little panicked and I wondered if I had hit a raw nerve. Don had handled it a lot better with the promise of a reward.

“Like I’m gonna be able to stop him, mom,” said Nicola as she breezed past me from the kitchen, she looked over, smiled and winked at me. “What am I supposed to do if something happens to him? If he dies or something, all I’m gonna be able to do is watch, I’m not trained in first aid.”

“Nicola dear, He’s not going to die,” said Sue, but I could see what Nicola was doing.

“I might,” I added, “you never know.”

“No, you’re not,” said Sue, “don’t be silly.”

“If I do though, it probably won't be Nicola’s fault,” I said. “So you shouldn’t blame her.”

“It would be my fault then, for not taking you with me,” said Sue with a smile. “Is that what you’re trying to tell me?”

“Err…yes.”

“Forget it mister; I’m not changing my mind; the answer is no.” She stared at me from the entrance to the kitchen.

“This is so fucked up,” I mumbled, but I knew that she could hear me and I was already on thin ice.

She was calm. “Robbie, can you please stop swearing?”

“I WAS BETTER OFF IN HOSPITAL; WHY DIDN’T YOU JUST LEAVE ME THERE?” I had been fighting it all morning; trying not to lose my temper, knowing that if I did, it would ruin any chance that I had of getting them to change their mind. Those words though just seemed to come out of my mouth on their own.

“Go downstairs please,” she said, she was angry but still relatively calm, and I wondered how she managed to do it. “Go on, I don’t want you around me when you’re like this, you can come back up when you’ve calmed down.”

I stood up aware that I had attracted an audience. Nicola had stopped halfway up the first flight of stairs and Daniel had been lured out of the kitchen.

“I FUCKING HATE THIS HOUSE!” I said and stomped towards the basement. I could hear Don walking out of his study behind me and prepared myself for the inevitable. I had barely reached the first step when he called me.

“Robbie, I want you to stay in your room until we leave,” he said, but the only sound in the house was my exaggerated footsteps as I continued walking downstairs, unfazed by his order. “Robbie…ROBBIE!”

“I HEARD YOU,” I said, “WHERE DO YOU THINK I’M GOING?” He would be seething, but I knew that my injury allowed me a little more leeway than usual, and I could push him further than I would normally have dared. To make my point I slammed the bedroom door behind me. It shook the walls and dislodged the fixings on the back of the mirror, sending it crashing to the floor and covering it with broken glass. “FUCKING, SHIT, BASTARD!”

I had nothing on my feet, so I climbed onto the bed to escape the splinters and waited to be rescued. Daniel was first to appear in the doorway, followed by Nicola and then an angry looking Sue, but no Don. He had decided to look after his blood pressure and stay upstairs, although I was still expecting some kind of punishment for my outburst. Sue asked if I was hurt or not, before dispatching Daniel to fetch the vacuum cleaner, but I didn’t reply.

‘I’m as good as grounded anyway, I don’t care what they do’.

“That’s seven years’ bad luck,” said Nicola who put her arm out to keep a barefoot Amy away from the danger zone.

‘To add to the three I’ve just had; I suppose’.

* * * * *

The doctor had told Don that as a precaution, I shouldn’t be left alone during the first couple of days, but I thought that they were taking his advice to ridiculous lengths by putting me under what seemed like twenty-four-hour surveillance. I didn’t like being watched and it was unfair that I had to stay indoors, while everyone else was out having fun. They were going to take turns guarding me like a prisoner; changing shifts every three hours, and had even cut cards to decide the order. Nicola had won, opting to take the much prized first watch, from ten to one, after which Sue would take over and Daniel got the least favourable late afternoon slot, from four until seven, when his mom would come home with Amy. The unrulier I became though, the more pressure I was putting on their already fragile plan and it soon began to fall apart.

Banished to my room; I had upped the ante by playing annoyingly loud dance music and doing my best to ignore their attempts at communicating with me through the closed door. Eventually, it was opened by Daniel who—acting as a reluctant intermediary—walked over to my desk and turned the volume down on the computer.

“Mom wants to talk to you,” he said, before swapping places with Sue and withdrawing quickly to the family room.

“I’m going off to the art fair now with Amy,” she said. “I’ll be back by one o’clock. Then I’m gonna stay home with you for the rest of the day.” I was lying on my bed, staring at the ceiling. “Daniel will be here too, to keep you company and Nicola will stay with you until I get back, so you’re not the only one who’s going to miss out.” She leant over to kiss me on the forehead and told me to keep the music down, before rushing off when Don called her.

Soon afterwards Nicola put her head around the door. “You can come out now, they’re gone,” she said, but I couldn’t be bothered to look up from my bed.

“Good.”

“You’re not helping yourself by throwing tantrums you know?” I already knew that; it didn’t even deserve an answer. “Are you gonna get dressed today?”

“No!”

“You’re being very childish; sulking isn’t going to solve anything. You can watch television; I think the Blue Jays are playing. Do you want me to switch it on for you?”

“No, I don’t care about the fucking Blue Jays.”

“Fine,” she said, “I was trying to be nice to you, but I’m obviously wasting my time.”

“Good, then fuck off and leave me alone!”

She stormed out, slamming the increasingly fragile door behind her, and leaving me seething and wallowing in self-pity. I needed to calm down and get rid of some of the excess tension and if I could have been certain that she wasn’t going to come back down again, I would have turned to my joystick for a bit of light relief.

It had been nearly two weeks since the last time, and I had set a new personal best, beating my previous mark by a whopping two days, although admittedly, I probably wouldn’t have succeeded if I hadn’t been in a coma. I was long overdue, but I wasn’t about to test my luck, so I decided to sort things out with the help of a long shower instead.

There was another flashback; this time a clear image of Nathan standing in front of me and it looked as if he was naked. I closed my eyes, desperately trying to retrieve it before it was lost, but it was too late. It could have been my mind playing cruel tricks again to mislead me, but I knew that it was true, and it would change everything.

As I searched my drawers for something to wear, Nicola came knocking at the door, justifying my decision to wait until I was in the shower. When I didn’t answer, the door opened anyway and she walked in.

“Why do you always do that?” I said. “Can’t you wait; I could have been having a wank or something?” My attempt to shock her though only made her laugh, but I was telling the truth.

“You’re not old enough to jerk off Robbie.”

“Piss off!”

“You certainly don’t act old enough. You need to grow up. You’ll end up turning everyone against you because you can’t stop feeling sorry for yourself. Even Daniel acts older than you.”

“I don’t care, go away and leave me alone.”

“Why do you keep pushing me away? I’m trying to help you.”

“No, you’re not, you've never helped me.”

“Is that what you think.”

“I know it.”

“Why don’t you ask your boyfriend? Have you even talked to him since you’ve been home?”

“You mean Nathan; just call him by his name…he’s not my boyfriend.” I was still uncomfortable with Nicola knowing about us; it was going to take a while to get used to that.

“He seems to think so,” she said. It made me wonder how many times she had talked to him.

“Anyway, I don’t have a phone anymore, and he’s probably at the waterfront like everyone else.” She stood there watching me for a few seconds before walking over to sit on my desk.

“You’re really not missing much,” she said. “Just a lot of old, fat people in stupid hats and kids with their faces painted.”

“But you’re still going.”

“I’m going to the beach with Jimmy, we’ll stop by for half an hour later to please dad, but the Rotary Club isn’t much fun. You’d be bored shitless, believe me. You only want to go because you can’t.”

‘Maybe she’s right, the beach will be a lot more fun, that’s probably where Nathan’s gonna be’.

“You know the difference between you and me?” I could think of a few, but I gave her a blank stare. “Instead of losing my temper and getting myself all worked up, I would have seen this as an opportunity and used it to my advantage.”

“I don’t get it.”

“I know, that’s because you’re dumb, but you’ll figure it out pretty soon.” She turned to leave. “Your phone is upstairs by the way, in the kitchen, I fixed it for you, but you probably don’t remember or you would have said thank you.”

“I can barely remember my own fucking name, but thank you anyway.”

“That really hurt didn’t it?” she said. “Saying thank you.”

“To you? Yes, it did a bit.” It made her laugh and I even managed to squeeze out a thin smile myself but it didn’t make me feel any better and she was keeping me from the one thing that I knew would.

“I need to have a shower.”

“Well, I’ll be going out in a minute,” she said, “Jimmy’s picking me up, so I’ll see you later.”

“What, you can’t leave me on my own?” I chased after her into the family room.

“You told me to fuck off and leave you alone?” she said as she climbed the stairs.

“Yeah, but…Sue said that I have to have someone here. She’ll be pissed off with you if you leave me.”

“Then don’t tell her,” she said, and then turned to smile at me as she reached the hallway. “Be a good boy.” I watched her opened-mouthed, bewildered by her strange behaviour.

‘What does that mean’?

“Don’t look so scared,” she said checking her watch. “I’ve arranged cover.” She grabbed her purse and opened the door. Then she kissed me on the cheek and walked out as a red sports car pulled up in the driveway. I didn’t know much about cars but it was nice; a convertible with the roof down.

“Nicola wait!” I called out but she kept on walking. “What the fuck’s going on, you can’t just go out? I could die you know!” She stuck her finger up at me without bothering to turn around.

‘I don’t believe the bitch left me on my own. She couldn’t even last a full hour’?

It was too bright outside for me to see the driver’s face, but he waved to me above the windscreen.

‘That must be Jimmy’.

I waved back. “Yeah, fuck you mate.” Then still confused, I closed the door and scratched my head. Now I faced a dilemma.

‘Do I tell Sue and get her in trouble or does she expect me to cover up for her’?

I was startled by the doorbell. “What, who is it?” I said, turning towards the fuzzy shape on the other side of the frosted side panel.

“Your babysitter. I’m here to look after you.”

“NATHAN! What the fuck?”

“I’ve had better welcomes,” he said as I threw the door open. Behind him, Jimmy’s car was pulling out of the driveway and Nicola was waving from the passenger seat. I tentatively waved back, as Nathan turned to follow my lead but with a lot more enthusiasm.

‘How long have they been friends’?

“Did you just get out of that car?” I asked.

“What Jimmy’s car? Yeah, it’s pretty cool eh? It’s a Corvette.”

“You know him?”

“Of course; he’s Nicola’s boyfriend,” he said. I had only been away for ten days but so much had changed it felt more like a year. “So are you gonna invite me in or do I have to stand outside.”

“Oh…yeah, why don’t you come in.” I moved aside and shut the door behind him. “Err why are you here?” It was a dumb question. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it like that…I’ve not been having a very good day…it’s been pretty shitty.”

“I know,” he said, “that’s why I’m here. Nicola told me that you needed some company.”

“She did?”

“Yeah, she called me earlier from your phone and asked me if I could come over, said that you needed cheering up.” He took off his orange-framed sunglasses; unleashing his big, sparkling blue eyes on me, and I found it impossible to avoid staring at them. If cheering me up was the purpose of his mission, then he had already succeeded. “She asked Jimmy to pick me up,” he said. “You haven’t met him yet, have you?”

“No,” I replied.

“Well he’s met you, but you probably don’t remember. He came to visit you at the hospital, with Nicola.” His smile was put on hold for a couple of seconds, as he thought back to what must have been a difficult time for him. “It was the day after your accident,” he said. “It was horrible. Sorry, I came here to make you feel better, not worse.” He shook his head as if trying to dispel any bad thoughts, but I could see that it wasn’t easy for him and he had to force his smile to return. I could only watch and wonder what he might have gone through.

“I’m sorry,” I said, but I there was little else that I could say.

“It’s okay, I forgive you, I’m just pleased that you’re still here and getting better. Anything else would have totally destroyed me.” He reached out to touch my arm. “You know that, right?”

I nodded and smiled at him, but I didn’t want to dwell too deeply on what he had meant by ‘anything else’, and the sight in front of me provided the perfect distraction. I looked him up and down as he slipped off his sneakers. He was wearing a pair of tight black knee length shorts, but his interesting bits were all covered by a baggy Baltimore Orioles, baseball shirt. I didn’t recall him having any interest in sport so I assumed that it was more of a colour thing. Orange and black suited him as much as any other combination, but his attire definitely outclassed mine as I fidgeted nervously under his gaze.

“Still in your pyjamas eh,” he said. “Did you just get up, or are you off to bed?”

“Oh…err…sorry, it’s a bit of a habit, you know from the hospital. I should go and get dressed.” I turned to walk away but he grabbed my arm.

“I was just kidding. You look cool in pyjamas,” he said, but I doubted if that were true. Pyjamas weren’t cool, they were for little kids, and even though they were clean on the night before, I had been wearing them for fourteen hours straight and I felt a little stale. He put his arms around my waist and pulled me towards him, but I wriggled free before he could kiss me.

“Wait a minute,” I said as I backed away towards the living room.

“What’s wrong?” He looked concerned, but if I had hurt his feelings it was unintentional, I just wanted to protect him from my breath.

“I err need to brush my teeth first,” I said and smiled shyly at him as I turned for the stairs. “I know I should’ve done it earlier…but I was sent to my room for swearing…and I broke the mirror…and….”

“I know,” he said following me into the living room, “I heard all about it.”

‘Nicola’!

“I won't be long…promise.” I ran barefoot down the wooden stairs, but I could hear him behind me.

“BE CAREFUL ROBBIE…please.”

I stopped at the bottom to turn and smile. “It’s okay,” I said, “I’m a lot better now.” My little spurt of energy had scared him, but I kind of liked it that he was fussing over me.

“I don’t think that you should be running downstairs though, and Nicola’s left me in charge, so you have to do what I say, okay?” Had those words come from any other mouth, then they would have received a curt response, but I kind of liked the thought of being under his control and I wondered how far he would want to take it.

“I promise to be good then,” I said, as I switched on the bathroom light. He tried to follow me inside, but I smiled and then closed the door on him. “Sorry, but I have to pee.”

He seemed a little put out by the fact that I had excluded him, but even if we did have a history, there were some things that I preferred to do alone. Then, as I walked past the shower I had another flashback. I closed my eyes to help me remember and I could see him naked in front of me, laughing under the hot spray.

‘I remember now; it was late at night when everyone was in bed. How did we get away with that’?

“Are you alright in there?”

“I’m fine,” I said, “no need to panic.” I could hear him giggling on the other side of the door as I stood in front of the bowl and relieved myself. “I haven’t had any dizzy spells today.”

“That’s good news.”

“Yeah, and my memory’s improving all the time.”

“Even better.”

“You can open the door now if you want,” I said as I flushed the toilet and grabbed my toothbrush. “I’m starting to remember things…things that we did together.”

“Oh yeah, like what kind of things?” he said leaning against the doorframe.

“Naughty things…at least I think they were.” I was almost certain but I wanted him to jog my memory. “This may sound crazy, but did we ever take a shower together?”

I started brushing my teeth, but he seemed a little shocked by my statement. “You honestly don’t remember?” I stopped to look up with an uncertain shake of my head. “Well, you obviously remember something. It was the last time that we did anything, umm you know it’s gonna be hard for me to explain, but it was….”

I watched him fumble for the right words to describe what had happened but it was no longer necessary. Tiny memories that seconds earlier had been vague and disjointed, now appeared sharp and clear, and I was able to recall everything with remarkable clarity. The reality, however, was a little more than I had bargained for and I was dribbling toothpaste down the front of my top and onto the tiled floor as I processed the information.

It was perhaps, a little strange that I suddenly felt embarrassed by something that clearly hadn’t bothered me at the time, but it did answer some nagging questions. There were no longer any doubts about how far our relationship had progressed, or how well I knew this boy. It wouldn’t have been possible to have gone any further or to have known him any better.

It was amazing how so much could be retrieved so quickly with no more than a simple prod from the right person. With my mouth filled with toothpaste and water, I couldn’t talk but my face answered for me. “You’re blushing,” he said, “Do you remember now?” I nodded at him, before spitting out into the sink. I could remember doing that at some point as well, but I was too embarrassed to ask.

I followed him into the family room, where he sat on the couch facing the television. “It was only two weeks ago,” he said, but for me, it felt more like two months. “Do you remember staying up late and watching those boring horror movies with Daniel?” Before he had even finished talking, it was clear in my mind. “And you must remember the end of term show?”

‘The end of term show, of course, but wasn’t that a dream’?

“I think I remember you telling me about it when I was asleep,” I said. He looked confused, but the memory, although disturbing, was still clear in my head. “Maybe it was just a dream or nightmare more like.” It made me shiver as I pushed it from my mind and sat down beside him.

“How about playing strip poker at my house; do you remember that?” He finished his sentence with a teasing grin and raised eyebrows.

“Yes, I can a little bit…I think.”

“Drat, I was hoping to use that trick on you again sometime,” he said, before briefly recapping how he had turned the tables on me to get me undressed.

“You bastard!” I said. “I don’t believe you made me do that.” Then I went quiet for a while as I recalled what happened afterwards.

“That was the first time that we did anything,” he whispered in my ear and kissed me on the cheek as I stared into space. It didn’t all make sense immediately, and there was a lot still missing that would remain out of reach for weeks to come, but with a little help from Nathan, I had made some real progress.

“I’m sorry for forgetting,” I said. “Before today, I wasn’t sure if we had even done anything at all.”

“You should have asked me,” he said and kissed me on the cheek. “I didn’t want to talk about stuff like that until you were ready. I thought that I would leave it to you.”

A day that had started so badly for me, was turning out better than I could have hoped as I leant against my boyfriend and rested my head on his shoulder. “I was too embarrassed to ask,” I said. “How do you ask someone if you’ve had sex with them?”

He didn’t reply, but cupped my face with his hand and gently kissed my lips. It was the green light that I had been waiting for and I pushed my lips against his, surprising him with my clumsy enthusiasm. He tasted nice, and he felt nice too as I put my hands around his waist and under his t-shirt, to find his warm silky skin.

I pushed him backwards and climbed on top of him laughing and kissing his neck, before dragging his top off and over his head.

“Are you sure you’re okay to do this?” he asked, but he put up little resistance and I was all over his bare torso like a hungry animal. I had never been so sure about anything in my life and I dragged my fingertips across his smooth chest as he wriggled and laughed beneath me and then followed up with my mouth, gently nibbling and sucking on his warm flesh. Maybe he had never seen me that worked up before but he certainly wasn’t complaining and when my tongue reached his small dark brown nipples he let out an encouraging squeal of pleasure.

“And I was worried that the knock on your head might have affected your sex drive,” he said raising his head and looking towards the very noticeable tent in my pyjama bottoms.

“Do you think we could both fit into that tiny bed of mine?”

“Not unless you lose these,” he said tugging at my flannel pyjamas.”

“Deal.”

‘Thank you Nicola; you’re the best horrible sister in the world’.

* * * * *

I ran from the bedroom stark-bollock naked and scrambled over the back of the couch in a mad dash to reach the telephone before it diverted to voicemail.

“Robbie; is that you honey?”

I was out of breath. “Yes.”

“Is everything okay?”

“Yeah,” I said. “I just had to run to get the phone; I was in my room.”

“You shouldn’t be running around honey.”

‘Then don’t call me’.

“It’s not like I’m doing the bloody marathon,” I said.

“I thought that you would’ve calmed down by now,” said Sue. “You’re gonna have to work on your manners young man.”

“Is that why you called?”

“No, I called to talk to Nicola, can you get her for me?” It was the question that I was hoping she wouldn’t ask.

“Nicola?”

“Yes, Nicola. Don’t tell me you’ve forgotten her as well.” It was tempting, but Sue obviously wasn’t in the mood for games. I had to think fast but my train of thought was interrupted by the sweet sight of Nathan walking out of the bedroom wearing his orioles top but nothing else. He looked gorgeous, and I smiled as I noticed the dark red tip of his manhood poking just below the bottom of his shirt. It would have made a wonderful picture, but it wasn’t helping with my immediate problem. “Robbie, are you there?”

“Err, yes, Sue. Sorry, err Nicola’s…out…side. In the garden. Why don’t you call her cell phone?”

“It’s switched off,” she said. “Can you go and get her for me please?”

‘Shit’!

“I’ll get her to call you back okay. I’m not dressed.” It was a classic understatement and I could see Nathan studying me with a smug smile. I grinned sheepishly at him and backed away, covering my crotch with my free hand.

“Are you sure you’re okay.”

“Yeah, I was in bed when you called, that’s all. You startled me.” That at least was the truth and I was proud of myself for including at least one honest statement.

“Okay, I’m sorry,” she said as she calmed down. “I didn’t mean to wake you.”

“The doctor told me to rest and then go and wake me up,” I said trying to press home my advantage and walking quickly back into the bedroom to escape Nathan’s predatory advances.

“I understand dear, give the phone to Nicola please.”

“Err…I can’t…I’m feeling dizzy,” I said.

“Then go back to bed Robbie…do you hear me?”

“Yes, I’m going back to bed now,” I said as I slid under the solitary cotton sheet, leaving enough room for my accomplice. It was still warm with a couple of wet patches from earlier, including one on my pillow, although I had no idea how we had managed to do that.

“I’m coming straight home okay,” said Sue. “I’ll be ten minutes.”

“Huh. No!” I said panicking. “I’m feeling better now…a lot better.” Nathan had a puzzled look on his face as he climbed into bed and I motioned for him to remove his top.

“But you said that you were feeling dizzy.”

“Not any MORE!” I said as I felt Nathan’s hand squeezing my dick. “I just need to be left alone, to get some sleep.”

My ill-conceived excuses must have set off alarm bells, warning her that something was amiss, but Nicola by switching off her phone had put me in a difficult position. I wasn’t expecting Sue to buy into my story, but I guess she didn’t really want to come home early either, and after a repeating to her a few more times that I was going to be okay, I was allowed to get back to more important matters.

“Fuck, that was close,” I said as I reached across Nathan to put the phone on my nightstand. He buried his face in my chest and began blowing raspberries. “Stoppit, you little git.” He was making me laugh, but my half-hearted attempt to worm myself away from his grasp failed. The boy was all over me, wrapping himself around me like a four-legged octopus and there was nowhere to go.

“Well, is she coming home to look after you? Do I need to hide naked in your wardrobe until she goes?”

“I wish you could do that, and then come out every night when Daniel’s asleep,” I said. “But seriously, I think that we should get up now…just in case.”

“Oh yes,” he said, “that sounds nice.”

“No, I meant get up, as in get out of bed and get dressed and stuff.”

“That’s boring. Don’t you like me in your bed…naked?”

I had to admit, Nathan naked was a sight to behold, but Nathan naked and in my bed went way beyond my normal threshold of resistance and I was unable to pull myself away from his heated embrace. Even the threat of a possible surprise appearance by Sue wasn’t enough to bring me to my senses and instead of backing off, I began grinding into him, desperately searching for one more release. Then eased by a layer of sweat, spit and leftovers from round one, he wormed and wriggled his way underneath me, hooking his heels around my back.

“Do you remember what we did in the shower?” I nodded as he smiled encouragingly at me and kissed me on the nose. “Do you wanna try it again?”

If you enjoyed this chapter, then please take the time to leave a comment and follow the story. Your feedback is always welcome and noted. Members are also invited to discuss the story and characters with others, and there is a discussion on the forum via the link below.

http://www.gayauthors.org/forums/topic/42134-the-cockney-canuck-by-dodger/
In the next chapter there are plenty of fireworks on Canada Day!

Copyright © 2017 Dodger; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 46
  • Love 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

For discussion of themes and topics. The book can be found here: https://www.gayauthors.org/story/dodger/thecockneycanuck After 47 chapters and lots of drama I think it's time this story has a discussion topic where readers can interact with the author and each other. There are certainly plenty of situations, characters and emotions to bring up, and of course most of all Robbie the Cockney Canuck. Dodger has kindly given me permission to start this thread and has promised to be part of the di
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

So glad Robbie is remembering more. Nathan is so freaking adorable. Nicola continues to grow on me

  • Like 4
Link to comment

What a nice time with Nathan, it's nice they can be alone together! Nicola turning off her phone wasn't a smart move. I hope Robbie isn't too distracted to get up and dressed incase sue does come home, or she might catch Robbie and Nathan in the act. 

 

As as always looking forward to the next chapter 🙂

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Quote

In the next chapter there are plenty of fireworks on Canada Day!

I thought we just saw the fireworks!  ;-)

 

 

Robbie may not realize or appreciate it, but this is his chance at resetting his relationships with his family. They were all there for him, but he’s not acknowledging their sacrifices. He seems determined to destroy whatever sympathy they had for him with his antics.

 

It’s as if he’s decided they’ll all reject him if they find out he’s Gay, so he’s going on the offensive by rejecting them first!

 

 

Right now I’m almost unhappy with Robbie as I was when he was toying with that poor girl’s feelings and trying to be straight…

Link to comment
6 minutes ago, Kjamieson said:

I hope Robbie isn't too distracted to get up and dressed incase sue does come home, or she might catch Robbie and Nathan in the act. 

That would certainly qualify as fireworks! He’d never be able to crawl back in the closet then! Those fireworks would explode the closet!

Link to comment
2 hours ago, droughtquake said:

I thought we just saw the fireworks!  ;-)

 

 

Robbie may not realize or appreciate it, but this is his chance at resetting his relationships with his family. They were all there for him, but he’s not acknowledging their sacrifices. He seems determined to destroy whatever sympathy they had for him with his antics.

 

It’s as if he’s decided they’ll all reject him if they find out he’s Gay, so he’s going on the offensive by rejecting them first!

 

 

Right now I’m almost unhappy with Robbie as I was when he was toying with that poor girl’s feelings and trying to be straight…

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

 I liked the part of the story  with Fran

It made it more life like .i think most gay teenagers try dating a  girl to hide their sexualty  i know i did

Nicola is turning out to de a good friend and allie for Robbie and Nathan and cant wait to find out more adout Jamie

Another great chapter and a good finish to what had been a bad weekend (Arsenal won but didn't qualify for the champions league first time in 20 years)

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
11 hours ago, paul.b said:

 I liked the part of the story  with Fran

It made it more life like .i think most gay teenagers try dating a  girl to hide their sexualty  i know i did

Nicola is turning out to de a good friend and allie for Robbie and Nathan and cant wait to find out more adout Jamie

Another great chapter and a good finish to what had been a bad weekend (Arsenal won but didn't qualify for the champions league first time in 20 years)

 

 

 

At last some justification. I knew at the time that the Fran chapters would likely receive a mixed reaction and a lot of people voiced their displeasure. Maybe that part of the story was a bit too long but I wanted to show exactly what you pointed out. A gay teenager not only hiding but trying to deny his sexuality and almost convincing himself that it was a matter of choice and that the only way for him to fit into his new life and family was to be straight. Fran was perfect for him; she even dressed like a boy and in many ways, she was more masculine than Nathan, but of course, it was doomed to fail. Whether or not Robbie was deliberately using Fran is a matter of opinion. Thank you for your comment.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
15 hours ago, droughtquake said:

Robbie may not realize or appreciate it, but this is his chance at resetting his relationships with his family. They were all there for him, but he’s not acknowledging their sacrifices. He seems determined to destroy whatever sympathy they had for him with his antics.

 

It’s as if he’s decided they’ll all reject him if they find out he’s Gay, so he’s going on the offensive by rejecting them first!

 

At times Robbie wants to fight the world, but he doesn't need to because, as you point out, they were all there for him. He doesn't need to be so defensive.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
15 hours ago, JayT said:

fireworks sounds ominous...what do you have up your sleeve sir???

There are always fireworks on Canada Day, maybe a few more than usual on this occasion though!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
52 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Another great chapter and a good finish to what had been a bad weekend (Arsenal won but didn't qualify for the champions league first time in 20 years)

Yeah, shame about the Gunners!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

A brain injury can have an effect on one’s emotions so while I think he is acting irrationally I’d give him some leeway because of his injury. If he was thinking clearly I don’t think Robbie would be this angry over having to stay inside as it’s like he’s regressed a bit age wise though I’m sure it’ll improve soon. He already had a temper issue though so this could be all Robbie and not medical related though I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt plus I don’t blame him for feeling claustrophobic especially considering he was in a coma for days as he’s probably feeling like a prisoner right about now.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 7/1/2018 at 12:07 AM, NimirRaj said:

A brain injury can have an effect on one’s emotions so while I think he is acting irrationally I’d give him some leeway because of his injury. If he was thinking clearly I don’t think Robbie would be this angry over having to stay inside as it’s like he’s regressed a bit age wise though I’m sure it’ll improve soon. He already had a temper issue though so this could be all Robbie and not medical related though I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt plus I don’t blame him for feeling claustrophobic especially considering he was in a coma for days as he’s probably feeling like a prisoner right about now.

It's difficult for Robbie being stuck indoors during the summer break when everyone else is outside enjoying themselves. It's essential for his recovery though that he gets the rest he needs. He's lucky not to have permanent brain damage or worse. You're right he has always had a temper issue and this isn't directly down to his injury.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..