Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

GA Writing Prompts - 7. # 2 Eschaton (Elanil)

# 2
She (think of a name) hugged the tree as she looked down at the ground far below. How did she get in the tree? Why is she there? What happens next?

Eschaton (Elanil)

 

Elanil hugged the tree as she looked down at the ground far below. The fight was going on, but she was not able to see what happened. It was dark for night had already fallen. Clouds covered the moon and the light was poor. A violent thunderstorm raged in the distance. The wind was already getting stronger and the first raindrops started to fall.

Elanil hugged the tree tightly. Her arms hurt. Her whole body ached. But Elanil did not move. She was barely able to think. Elanil was terribly scared. All she sensed was her heartbeat and all she heard were the sounds of fighting, the clash of swords and the furious shouts of men. Elanil heard words in her own Elvish language and words in the foreign tongue of their enemies. Elanil was not able to make out the exact number of men. Five or six, she guessed. But she was not able to make out which group held the upper hand.

Elanil hugged the tree tightly. The bark of the tree was rough and scratched her face. The rain was getting stronger. The drops were heavy and cold. Elanil started to shiver. She pressed her face against the tree and suppressed the tears that came to her eyes. Why had she left the village in the afternoon to gather herbs in the wood? Why had she not told anybody of her plan? She was so very imprudent. At least, she had immediately climbed the tree when she had heard the distant noise of a group approaching. They had not seen her. But instead of passing, the men had stopped to prepare a camp for the night. Elanil had not seen them. They were hidden by the trees. But she had recognized the tongue of their enemies.

Night had fallen quickly. Elanil had not dared to move. She had hugged the tree until her muscles had started to hurt.

Then, suddenly, Elanil had heard the clash of swords. Another group had approached and had attacked the men. Well trained Elvish fighters apparently. They had approached unseen and unheard.

Elanil startled at a vivid flash of lightning. She hugged the tree more tightly. The lightning was almost immediately followed by a violent clap of thunder.

And then there was silence.

Elanil listened anxiously into the night. But all she heard was the pouring of the heavy rain. A few moments went by. Elanil’s heart beat faster. Again, she listened into the night.

And then her heart jumped at a familiar voice calling out her name. A stifled sob escaped Elanil’s mouth.

"Falael," she cried out.

"Elanil," her brother responded.

Dolores Esteban
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..