Jump to content
    EmDee
  • Author
  • 3,250 Words
  • 2,610 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Ugly Davey - 9. Chapter 09 – The Evil Dragon

 

Chapter 09 – The Evil Dragon

 

It was Monday morning and I yawned as I stood in the elevator making its way up to the firm, feeling more drained than refreshed after the weekend.

 

After the failure of Rick’s plan to get me successfully laid on Friday, he had constantly been on my case about giving it another shot. Instead of finally confessing the truth that I wanted something more than just casual one-night stands, I had once again chickened out and let him drone on about how his next “Get Davey laid” plan would be a definite success.

 

I had barely even listened to Rick since no matter how hard I tried; I just couldn’t stop my mind from drifting towards the gorgeous man I had met on Friday. How it had felt rubbing up against his firm muscular body. How his hands had shown such strength when he lifted me, but had been so gentle when he caressed my face. Everything about the nameless man had been perfect, and as Rick had continued on about finding someone else, I couldn’t help but think how anyone else I would meet from now on would not even be able to compare to the Adonis I encountered on Friday. But alas, there was nothing I could do about it since I had lost my one and only chance with that man, and now had no way of ever contacting or finding him again.

 

Letting out a sigh about this grave injustice, I entered the reception area and the first thing I noticed was Rachel practically bouncing off the walls in excitement. Well at least someone is having a good time, I thought darkly, once again remembering the outrageous stint Rachel had pulled with the coffee Friday afternoon.

 

The elevator dinged behind me and I heard Jared speak as he stepped up beside me.

 

“Holy shit! I think she just reached another level of crazy.”

 

“What’s up with her?” I asked him.

 

Jared looked at me as though the answer wasn’t already obvious. “What do you think!” he said. “Her Prince Charming has returned from his quest of slaying the evil dragon and now she’s celebrating as she awaits her first kiss.”

 

Another elevator dinged just as he was finishing speaking, and then Megan’s voice joined the conversation.

 

“Did you mean Tyler kiss Rachel?” asked Megan incredulously as she too entered the firm. “That’ll be the day when the world comes to an end. Like seriously, what gives you the idea that he would ever lower his standards to hook up with the vulture-bitch?”

 

The elevator dinged again, but no one turned around to see who had entered, as we were all too busy staring at the still oblivious Rachel as she puttered around behind her desk.

 

“You never know,” Jared snickered. “There might come a day when Tyler might have no choice. You know? Like Rachel was the only person left on earth and Tyler was incredibly horny.”

 

“What’s this about my son being horny?” asked a deep voice behind us that made us jump in alarm.

 

I barely managed to stifle my laughter at seeing the look on Jared’s face as he realized that Robert had heard him. Jared’s pale face hid nothing of his furious blush that was practically the same color as his bright hair and completely camouflaging his light smattering of freckles.

 

“Good morning Sir,” I greeted Robert, still eyeing Jared from the corner of my eye who had now developed a sudden interest in the floor beneath his feet. I could hear Megan snickering quietly behind me.

 

“Ah good morning young man!” came Robert’s usual boisterous reply. “You’re just the man I wanted to see, David!”

 

“Why’s that Sir?” I asked in confusion.

 

“Why to thank you, of course!” Robert laughed. “I took your advice about shopping for neckties at Sears, and I must tell you they have the most superb collection I have ever seen. I walked out of that store with a dozen new beautiful ties,” he said pointing to his bright fuchsia tie covered in white and yellow daisies. “I was helped by the most wonderful young saleswoman by the name of Jenny. She was telling me about how she also helped a young handsome father find a similar collection in ties.”

 

Oh shit! This sounds like the same Jenny that Josh and I met.

 

“That’s wonderful Sir,” I replied, not knowing what else to say.

 

“Enough about me now,” Robert said, patting a mortified Jared’s back. “Now you young man must tell me about this horniness of my son. As his father I deserve the right to know about all of his needs that are not being met.”

 

I looked at Robert in disbelief as I heard Megan shriek in laughter. Robert’s eyes were twinkling with mischief as he winked at me before nodding his head towards Jared. Jared’s face had gone even redder than before.

 

Jared spluttered in response, opening and closing his mouth, with nothing coming out. He was well and truly flustered and this time I couldn’t contain my chuckle

 

Robert gave me a sly look before continuing. “And you David, as Tyler’s personal assistant should it not be your duty to relieve your boss of his horniness?”

 

I let out a little snicker before joining in the fun of teasing Jared.

 

“Yes, you’re absolutely right Mr. Fritz. It’s almost time for Tyler’s morning pleasure session. So if you don’t mind, I must go and prepare the necessary equipment needed for his daily release.”

 

“Well hop to it then,” said Robert giving me one of his signature “pats”. “You don’t want to keep my horny son waiting any longer do you?”

 

“I certainly do not Sir,” I chirped happily.

 

Megan was now giggling hysterically and Robert let out another bellowing laugh while Jared’s glare promised vengeance.

 

Before anyone else could say anything, I made my escape and headed towards Tyler’s office to finally greet him.

 

Reaching my desk, I shot a quick glance through the window into Tyler’s office. Sure enough the lights were on and the office that had stood empty for the last week was finally occupied.

 

Looking through the open blinds, I saw that Tyler was sitting in his chair that was currently facing the other way so that only a head full of dirty blond hair was visible from my vantage point. I was just about to reach for the doorknob to go inside when all of a sudden he turned around to grab a file from his desk. I finally got my first look of my new boss and my heart stopped in its tracks.

 

The man sitting inside on my boss’ chair, the chair that belonged to Tyler Fritz, was none other than the nameless man who had left me high and dry on Friday night.

 

Oh. My. Fucking. God.

 

This was not happening to me. I felt myself starting to break into a sweat. My heart that had stopped at seeing Tyler was now thumping so hard in my chest that it felt as though it would break free any moment. I knew I was panicking. No wait scratch that, I had already gone way beyond the panic stage. I was a fucking inch away from passing out.

 

I did the only thing I could think of in this situation. Rather than risking another second of Tyler raising his head and seeing me standing at the door, I booked it. I practically ran into the men’s bathroom.

 

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. The continuous litany ran through my head as I paced back and forth in front of the counter. This doesn’t make sense, how could this be happening? What were the chances that both of us had been at the club the same night or that of all the people there it was him who I had taken home with me? But what I really didn’t understand was that when I had last spoken to Tyler on the phone, he had clearly said that he had booked a flight for Sunday. Then how the hell had he ended up at the club on a Friday night?

 

I stopped pacing and leaned on the counter to look at my face in the mirror. My forehead was shining with sweat and my face had gone slightly pale from shock, causing the fake red pimples to stand out in stark contrast. I ran a hand through my limp and slimy looking hair coated in copious amounts of baby oil as I stared into my reflection thinking about what would have happened if I had entered Tyler’s office.

 

I would have stepped through the door and Tyler would have instantly recognized me. Tyler would have then looked me over from head to toe, seeing the mess I had made out of my face and the stupid outfit I was wearing (complete with a sweater vest with acorns and a tie with jumping squirrels). After one look at me, he would have assumed that I hadn’t taken this job seriously, that I had been mocking him and his firm by dressing like a fool on purpose. Then he would have yelled and screamed at me before announcing that my services were no longer required. Then he would tell me that he also had no desire to ever continue where we had left off on Friday night. I would then have been forced to march through the office with my head bowed in shame while Rachel and her cronies pointed at me and laughed. Then Tyler would have ensured that no respectable law firm in the city would ever hire me again.

 

I groaned as I let my imagination run wild.

 

Calm down, Dave! You’re running out of time. You have to think about what to do next instead of freaking out. I tried to give myself a pep talk.

 

I took a deep breath and slowly exhaled, letting my heart gradually slow down to something that was more normal. I cleared my brain and tried to think logically about my only two options.

 

Option one. Rinse off the stupid acne makeup, comb back my hair, trash the glasses, get rid of the stupid vest and tie, and then go introduce myself to my new boss. Of course by doing this, I would some how have to deal with everyone who had seen my pimply face this morning about somehow miraculously getting rid of my acne. Explain how I emerged out of the bathroom looking much better than I had going in.

 

Or option two. Just go for it and hope to god that Tyler doesn’t recognize me.

 

I looked back into the mirror to see if there was any chance of Tyler being able to tell who I was. When he had seen me at the club, my hair had been soft and combed back so that my face could clearly be seen. Right now my hair fell limply all over my face covering my cheekbones and the bangs falling low across my forehead so that they fell in front of my glasses to hide my eyes. What little was visible of my skin was covered in a heavy dose of pimples since I had upped the count of pimples on my face today. I was sure that my baggy clothes made the body that Tyler had felt up with so much passion unrecognizable.

 

Ok, Dave. Just turn around and march down to the office and introduce yourself like you’ve never met the man before. There’s no way things can get any worse.

 

I think I had spoken too soon because just as I was about to turn around from the sink to leave, the bathroom door opened and in walked Dean Smith.

 

You know how people say that they see their lives flash before their eyes before they die? Well I didn’t see my whole life, but I did see the whole horrific coffee incident replay in a loop through my mind as I faced my impending doom.

 

“Hi,” I said nervously, barely resisting the urge to cower as he stared at me with those icy blues. I was at a loss of what to say next and the silence stretched between us. Either he didn’t want to take a piss while I was still in the bathroom, or he was internally plotting the best way to kill me and get rid of my body. The awkward silence was increasing my anxiety to another level that was already spiked high due to the Tyler situation. As I became more and more nervous, I fell back on my one of my defense mechanisms which was to start rambling.

 

“Um I’m so sorry for last Friday. You know the whole coffee thing? I didn’t do it on purpose, I swear! It’s just that stupid bitch…oops I mean Rachel, she replaced the sugar with salt and I didn’t know. I’m sorry about your shirt. I’ll make it up to you by paying for the dry-cleaning, OK?”

 

There was still no response from Mr. Arctic whose face might as well have been carved from stone as it was so unreadable.

 

“Or if you want, I can just pay for a new one. Though I probably can’t afford anything from the places you shop at, and I doubt you’d be willing to accept anything from Sears.

 

I knew I was probably only digging my whole deeper but I just couldn’t shut up, and since he was still standing in front of the door, I couldn’t make a break for the exit. As he continued to just stand silently glaring at me, my nervousness started transforming to frustration and I started to get angry.

 

“OK, I’ve already apologized to you, what more do you want? So if you don’t mind, could you please move out of the way so I can get back to work?” I asked irritably.

 

Dean’s calm façade finally broke and he took a step towards me with anger sparking through his eyes.

 

“I don’t want your bloody apology,” he said in raised voiced that seemed to echo in the empty bathroom.

 

Surprised by the sudden outburst, I tried to take a step back but was effectively trapped between the Dean and the counter.

 

I stared open mouthed at the anger marring Dean’s usually expressionless face.

 

Dean took a step closer, clearly invading my personal space, and jabbed his finger into my chest. “What I want is for you to leave!”

 

“What are you talking about? You were the one who was blocking the door!” I said my voice also starting to rise in anger.

 

“I’m not talking about the bloody bathroom!“ he sneered. “I want you to leave this firm! I don’t know what on earth Tyler was thinking when he hired you. Look at you. You’re nothing but a disgrace to this firm.”

 

He swatted my tie in disgust. “Tyler is an idiot for giving someone like you a position at this prestigious firm. Do you know how much the job of a personal assistant involves being in contact with the clients? What would the clients think of us if they had to deal with someone like you? Tyler may not care about the firm’s reputation, but I do. And there is no room here for filthy trash like you.”

 

By now I was seething in rage. My whole body was shaking as I desperately tried to remain in control and not lash out. No matter how much I wanted to deck this prick, I had to remember that he was a partner at this firm and even though he would deserve it, it would ultimately be I who would pay the price.

 

How dare he treat me like this, solely based on my appearance. I was sure that had I not been dressed like this due to Rick’s stupid bet, he would never have accused me of defiling the firm’s “reputation”.

 

Suppressing my urge to shout, I tried to respond as calmly as possible. “You have no right to judge me by the way I look. I was hired because I’m good at my job and that’s exactly what Tyler needs. If he wanted some super model with only looks and no brains, then that’s what he should have advertised for. Besides, if Mr. Fritz being the owner of the firm has no problem with the way I look or dress, why the hell do you?”

 

There was fleeting spark of what looked like surprise in Dean’s arctic eyes before they quickly regained their look of disgust.

 

Heh! I thought, finding his brief reaction amusing. Didn’t think I’d have the guts to fight back, did you? Probably thought I’d roll over and take all of his bullshit and then just quit the firm in fear. Well you’re so wrong buddy!

 

I let a little smirk play over my face since I had now figured out his pathetic game.

 

His frigid blue eyes narrowed when he saw my expression.

 

“You think you’re so bright don’t you?” he sneered. “I don’t care what anyone else says or thinks, I know that you are a danger to this firm even if no one else believes so. It's bad enough that Robert wears those horrid ties, but you are a thousand times worse! Mark my words, I’ll make sure that you’ll be out of this firm before the month’s end.”

 

I bristled at that but remained silent, my control an inch away from snapping.

 

With those parting words, Dean turned around and left the bathroom. Leaving me there alone seething in silent rage.

 

That fucking prick! I all but stomped by feet. I’ll fucking show him! One month my ass, I’ll show him that I can survive looking like this at the firm for a whole three months!

 

Accepting the challenge and making my decision, I finally left the bathroom and headed towards Tyler’s office. No matter what Tyler thought of my appearance, I had to make sure that I proved Dean wrong by lasting a whole of three months at this job. Then I’ll be able to rub it in his stupid face. I'll show him that looks don’t mean anything, it’s the work that counts. He can’t mess with Ugly Davey and win!

 

Reaching Tyler’s office, I took a deep steadying breath and knocked on the door.

 

“Come in,” came Tyler’s reply, his voice sending a sudden shiver of lust running down my spine that instantly made me forget my anger.

 

I inwardly groaned as I suddenly recalled the frantic passion from Friday night. Great! The last thing I need is to further embarrass myself with constantly getting a hard-on around Tyler all the time.

 

I looked down at my already hardening cock. Think of dead puppies. Think of dead puppies, I chanted, and sure enough it deflated.

 

Then taking another deep breath, I squared my shoulders and put my hand on the doorknob. I slowly opened the door and stepped into the office to face my fate.

 

To be continued…

Copyright © 2012 EmDee; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 10
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

This chapter was hilarious right from the opening scene!! lmaosmiley.gif I'm thinking Robert knows more than he's letting on but is letting things play out. I'll just have to wait and see.

Definitely looking forward to more Ugly Davey. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Link to comment
On 12/10/2011 11:42 AM, Conner said:
This chapter was hilarious right from the opening scene!! lmaosmiley.gif I'm thinking Robert knows more than he's letting on but is letting things play out. I'll just have to wait and see.

Definitely looking forward to more Ugly Davey. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Thanks Conner! :) I tend to worry that I'm the only one who finds what I write funny, so it's good to know when others do as well :thumbup:
Link to comment

Now the true test, will Tyler remember him? My guess is probably not, but hey, at least he won't have to be wondering what happened to the hot hunk he made out with.

Link to comment

I have to admit, I had to pinch myself several times to keep from laughing too hard. Don't want to to wake the whole house up. But this chapter was hilarious.

I don't think Tyler will recognize him. Not at first, anyway. He might find his voice oddly familiar at times, but I think that's going to be the extent of it.

As for Robert, I happen to believe that if he doesn't already know who Davey is, then he'll figure it out soon.

What I want to know, though, is why Tyler lied about his schedule

Immensely enjoying this series. Heading to the next chapter now. :)

Link to comment
On 03/08/2012 01:40 AM, Zombie said:
Just sitting here with a stupid grin on my face while I read this ...
I've never seen a grinning zombie before :D
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..