Jump to content
    Fantasy2309
  • Author
  • 1,481 Words
  • 806 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Summer's too Cold - 8. Chapter 7: Hello, Goodbye

Four days passed swiftly, as my body recovered, the bruises turning yellow in some places, and vanishing altogether in others. And the day finally arrived. The day I was leaving this amazing hell. Though I’d heard that my granddad had got the place in Ohio renovated. It was supposedly better than this. But I’d go anywhere, to get away from Nat and Britt. Anywhere. So collecting all our suitcases, we all got into the car, on our way to the airport.

 

I was listening to Avril Lavigne on my iPod, when I heard Britt’s excited giggles. Britt, Nat and I were sitting in the back seat, as Nat and Nat asked Britt something. I lowered the volume on my iPod to be able to hear what they were saying.

 

“Who is Austin?” said Nat with a devilish smile.

“This guy… “Britt sighed. Austin? WHAT IS AUSTIN DOING TEXTING BRITT?! AND WHY IS SHE SIGHING LIKE THIS?! YOU, NAT ASK!!!

 

“Wow, Britt. I’d have thought three guys were enough for you. Who is this now?” Nat replied, with a smirk.

 

“Shut up. He is just soo hot. And cute. And he has been texting me for the past week. I don’t know why, he just randomly started texting me.” She said again with another sigh. “He has been flirting with me all week. I think I might go out with him once I’m back in school. I might just break up with the other three.” She said, an evil grin appearing on her face.

“SLUT!” Nat shrieked with a fit of giggles. Britt shushed her, looking at me, and then lowered her voice, “but he told me that he is going to Ohio. To visit his aunt or some crap. And Jesse…” *whisper**…*whisper**

 

I was almost ready to get up and strangle Britt right there and then. And probably Nat too. Freakin’ sluts. Bitches. UGH. And Why the hell did Austin text Britt and not me?! I turned up the volume and drowned their annoying whispers out. I was FUMING with rage. **Fumes**plots death of Nat, Britt and Austin**.

 

“We are here!” Jasper screamed with joy, jumping in the front seat. We had reached the airport. We got out, got all our bags, and said our goodbyes. Then we headed in.

 

 

The plane ride was…bothersome. And depressing. I couldn’t pay attention to the movie I was “watching”. My head kept wandering of to thoughts about Austin, Britt…both of them…together. My eyes were starting to tear up, so I covered my face with my hood, and turned out to look outside the window. Austin can’t do that. He can’t. He…He knows what a big bitch Britt is…He wouldn’t just go and well… ask her out. No. No. He can’t do that to me. Him…him and her, it cant happen.

 

“Jesse…?” Jasper’s sleepy voice interrupted my train of depressed thoughts.

“Yeah, Jasper…?”

“I had a nightmare…”

“awww… don’t worry, Jazz. It’s all ok. You got up. It’s over. Ok? Don’t worry. Go back to sleep now, Jazz.” I said, ruffling his hair. I pulled him into a hug, and put him to sleep. And my thoughts went back to Austin… his beautiful face, his deep, deep eyes, his amazing, red lips, his flawless, milky, smooth skin. And thinking about him, I slowly fell asleep, as he took over my dreams…

 

 

He walked towards me, walking on the soft, golden sand, the blue, seawater washing up the shore, the breeze blowing through his hair; he kept walking towards me. And then suddenly, Britt came out of nowhere, and he turned towards her, he leaned down towards her, and their lips met; and I just stood there, tears pouring down my cheeks…

 

I woke up with a start. My eyes were tearing up, and the waterworks wouldn’t stop. It was horrible. The thought of Austin being with Brittany…it literally killed me to even think of it. Well, metaphorically. So I wiped my tears of, and tried to stop thinking of him as I began to fall asleep…

 

                                                   ************************************************

 

 

By the time the plane landed it was midnight. I woke up to the vibrations my brother caused to my seat - with all his jumping. I rubbed my eyes, and switched the lights on. Everyone had got up and was getting their handbags and beginning to move out.

 

“Get up Jesse! We have to go now!” I heard my mom tell me. Ugh. I pulled myself out of bed and together we walked out of the plane. As soon as we got out, and the warm breeze hit my face, I switched my phone on, and just then, I got a call.

 

“Hey” said the voice on the other side.

“Umm…who is this?” I replied, groggily.

“Umm…Austin.” That blew the sleep right off my eyes.

“Uhuh. So what do you want?”

“Umm…I…umm…I...B…”he stuttered.

“Austin. Hurry up. Don’t waste my time,” I said. Kind of rude but…but he deserved it right?

“Nothing, man. Nothing. Forget it. Bye.” He said. And then the line went dead. Well, that was awkward. But why did he call me? WHY?! And why after an entire week of ignoring me? An entire week of flirting with Britt while I suffered his silence?

 

On the car ride home Jasper fell asleep on my lap. So much for his excitement of being here. Well, I fell asleep too…but well I wasn’t the happiest person in the world now, was I?

 

So after yet another dream about Austin, (minus Britt the Bitch) and around fifteen minutes after, we arrived home. Well, my grandparents’ and uncle’s house. I didn’t waste any time on admiring the huge house. I just ran up to the bedroom that I was given, on the second floor, and dropped to sleep on the huge, soft mattress. It felt like sleeping on a cloud…

 

Austin….

 

 

 

I woke up on a huge, soft, green patch of grass in the middle of a greenish blue lake. The sky, a light, bright blue color. I looked around to see stiff, yet beautiful trees with brightly colored birds singing their melodious morning songs…

 

And then my consciousness and the little common sense that I have, kicked in. My mattress had a green bed-sheet, with a grassy texture. The entire room was covered in a beautiful sea-green color. Except the ceiling. It was sky blue, merging perfectly with the sea-green at the corners. The walls were painted to look like a forest, with deer, rabbits, robins, sparrow and various other animals and birds. It was beautiful. I never thought that such a room even existed. It was…breathtakingly beautiful. The music player was playing bird-songs. It all felt like a dream. Against my will, I got out of bed, and walked across the clear, green-blue tiles to the wooden doors, and was blinded by whiteness. There was a long white and gold corridor that stretched to both sides. On the far end on my right I could see a staircase. I ran over to it, and climbed down. There was a wide expanse of white. I walked through it, to a door on the opposite side. As soon as I walked through it, the entire scene changed. It seemed as if I had walked into a the royal chambers of an Indian king. It was beautiful. Well, it was the dining hall. There was light pouring in from windows everywhere, which lighted up the entire room perfectly. I saw my parents sitting at the dining table and ran over to them.

“Hey. Good morning. Where in the world are we?!” I almost shrieked.

 

“In Ohio, at your grandparents’ house, silly. Didn’t I tell you he was getting the place renovated?” my mom laughed.

 

“Renovated, yes. But converted into a freakin’ palace?! This place is HUGE! And so… AMAZING!” I said with excitement.

 

“Yeah, well, I’m glad you liked it. Because we are moving in” she said in a soft voice. That calmed me down quite a bit.

 

“Wait, what? No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. Not again. No. No mum. No. No. We aren’t moving in here. Didn’t we move out BECAUSE we weren’t living here EVER again?”

 

“Yes. We are moving in. There is no discussion. Now go clean yourself up for breakfast, Jesse. You still have Keith, Angel, your grandpa, grandma, your uncle and aunt to meet. “Hearing that I ran out, up to my room, and threw myself onto my bed, my eyes pouring with tears. I couldn’t move back here. And if we are moving here…that means Britt and Nat…

 

 

 

Copyright © 2011 Fantasy2309; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..