Jump to content
    Fantasyboy69
  • Author
  • 4,869 Words
  • 7,565 Views
  • 15 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Home To Roost - 2. Something Happens

The guys broke camp early in the morning to head back to the cabin. They agreed it would probably be safer since Dean swore he had seen a pair of glowing blue eyes in the bushes when he went to relieve himself. They had gone to see if he was only seeing things, but there were signs of a wolf being there. A very large one with a print bigger than Dean had ever seen. "Okay, that ain't normal," Dean had said.

"No, it's not. Break camp, we're heading back to the cabin. I'm going to inform the authorities. Let them handle it. Actually, Dyl, you do that. You can visit Kao after you get to the station and show them the tracks."

"Sure thing, Dad."

Back in the cabin, Pat set about cooking a simple breakfast. Dylan had gone off immediately, using one of the campground's SUV's to head up the road to the ranger station. "That way you can go visit Kao."

"Thanks, little dude." Dean was glad Dylan had thought to do that.

They were just finishing up breakfast when a call came to Jon's cell. "Jonathan Davenport," he answered. "Yes. Good, I'm glad he was a help. Even better. Okay, fax the details over to the main line, I'll look them over when I get there. Perfect. You, too, Ranger." Jon hung up with a smile. "Dylan has volunteered to help track the wolf. The big little dude is one of the best trackers for being so young. Travis taught him a lot over the years."

"Yeah. I remember hunting with Mr. Andrews. He's scary good at tracking. Colton's good, too, from what little I have seen."

Jon nodded. "Colton is the best tracker I know. Better than Travis. He might not always get the signs right, that takes the years he doesn't have, but he always gets his mark."

"Cool. So, I'm going to go see Kao. Make sure he's doing okay. Any word if they found his family yet?"

"Not that I have heard. Might check with the doctor. I'm sure he'll let you know since it was you who saved the young man."

"Wow, he must be young if you're calling him that." Dean chuckled.

"He's twenty-four. Young enough."

Older than he looks, Dean thought. "I'll be back in a bit." Snagging Dylan's keys, he got directions and hopped in the truck.

The hospital was more of a clinic, but it had three beds for such occasions. Kao was resting, reading a magazine, when Dean poked his head in. "Kao?"

"Oh! Dean, hey. I'd give you the biggest hug ever for pulling my skinny ass out of the fire, but the doc says stay in bed until my brother comes to get me." Dean nodded and pulled up a chair. "I must have really seemed out of it to you, huh?"

"Just a bit, but I'm glad you're okay. Relatively speaking."

Kao laughed. It was a joyous sound. So free. "Yeah. Bone sticking out is not a good thing. I'm really grateful for you not listening to me when I said I would be fine."

The duo chatted it up for a long time. Kao was from Oregon, his ancestry from Vietnam, and he had been going to BYU Idaho. As a linguistics major, he studied Vietnamese, French, German, and Mandarin. Those alone took up most of his time. Taking the chance during a break, he had gone camping. Then the wolf attacked. "You really, really saved me a lot of pain."

"It wasn't a hard choice to make, dude. You needed help, and I was there to give it." Kao briefly took Dean's hand and gave it a bit of a squeeze.

"Did...you get this before you helped me?" Kao asked as he turned Dean's hand over to show the small scrape.

"Huh. I guess. Might have been when I slid down the hill to get to you. Didn't even know it was there." Dean poked at it. It didn't even hurt.

"Since you're here, the doc could probably clean it up. They got some damn painful...Kai." Kao's face paled and got a scared look in his eyes.

"There you are. I have been worried sick since I got the call." An older man came storming in. Dean took one look at the perfectly groomed hair, the ramrod straight posture, the cold look in his eyes, and knew this was not someone he would ever like. He looked like some pissed off Vulcan. Kao's reaction was one Dean had seen before. The young man was afraid of his brother.

"I'm fine. Dean, this is my brother Kai. Kai, this is Dean, the guy who saved my life."

"Nice to meet you," said Dean, sticking out his hand as he stood.

Kai looked him over, sniffed in disdain, and then dismissed him. "You should not have run off like that," he scolded as he turned back to Kao. It's like that, thought Dean. "Do you know how this will look to the school? To the family?"

"I was feeling...overwhelmed. I needed a small break and school was out for the week." Kao, who up to this point seemed a lively person, seemed very small. He looked like he wanted to sink into the bed and vanish.

"That is no excuse."

"I think it is time for me to go." Dean stood. "I am glad to see you're alright, Kao. College is rough, so try not to stress too much."

Kao smiled briefly at Dean. Kai, on the other hand, was not so nice. "Yes, it is time for you to leave. Your words of encouragement are not needed."

"You know what, I don't like you. Your attitude sucks, you seem like the biggest douche this side of the border, and you never once wanted to know if your brother was going to be fine. Honestly, if he didn't vouch for you as family, I would ask the doctor to bar you from this room based on the fact that you're the biggest dumbfuck I have ever met."

"Dean, really it's fine," Kao tried to get in.

"Quite the opinionated one. I am sure your limited mind could not comprehend the words I could use to describe how little you matter to me. Since I am family, I can and will bar you from seeing Kao. Ever again. Is that clear?"

"He is his own man, and only if he wishes will I stay away." Dean was far larger than Kai, but the smaller man did not seem all that intimidated.

"He does wish. I..." Kai seemed to think he spoke for Kao.

"I hope we're not intruding," came Jon's voice. Dean looked over to see the guys were standing there. Dylan was staring daggers though Kai. Pat was calm, but Dean knew that it was a ruse. Jon...Dean had never seen that particular expression of distaste on his bro's face. Jon cared very little about Kai.

"I am sorry if my quarrel with this man here has given offense. I shall try to moderate my volume." Kai was suddenly all respect and proper manners.

"Thank you. How are you, Kao?" Jon asked, walking to stand between Kai and Kao with his back to Kai. It was such an obvious sign of dismissal that Dean almost laughed.

"I am fine, sir. Thank you for getting me here so quickly."

"It was my honor and duty. I am, other than Dean's best bud, the owner of the campground. I just spoke to the doctor, and he said that you must stay here one more night until they have a specialist come take a look at you. It's for insurance purposes, you understand." This last part he said to Kai.

"Yes. Quite." Kai did not like it one bit, but there was little he could say if the doctor would not release his brother.

Jon turned back. "So you rest. You remember Dylan. He's my son, the assistant manager of the campgrounds, and he would like to talk to you about your experience."

"I know what it's like to be hunted. Wolves killed my parents." Kao looked so shocked. "Then Dad comes in, saves me from them and from the system. So, if you want to talk about it, I'll be here. Dean's got my truck, so he'll have to stay too." Dylan gave a side glance at Kai, who was not thrilled about this. Not at all. "Have you lodgings while you're here, Mr. Saechao? If not, we can give you a cabin free of charge."

"That would be very gracious of you." Put like that, he could not refuse.

"Good. Dads, could you arrange it?" When Dylan mentioned that Jon and Pat were his dads, Kai's face hardened and spasmed before it was a mask of composure again.

"Sure. Cabin 6 is vacant and could be made ready in the time it takes to drive over. If you will come with me, Mr. Saechao, we'll get you settled in. Then you can come back at see your brother." Jon's gaze held such strength that Kai just nodded and followed meekly.

When they were gone, Dean sat and sighed. "You know, I really don't like your brother."

"He's under a lot of pressure. Has a business to run, putting me through college, oldest male in the family."

"And you're scared of him." Dean shook his head. "It's not my place to butt in."

"You're right, I am. He...well..."

"He hates the fact that you're gay and wants to find a way to cure you." Dylan said it very bluntly. "Which is also why he enrolled you in BYU. To pray the gay away, so to speak. " Kao looked away but nodded. "Fuck him. Dean, can you give me a few minutes to talk to Kao?"

"Sure. I'll get the doc to check out a scrape I got."

"Perfect."

Dean got up and left. The clinic was small enough that he could overhear portions of the talk, but it made no sense. Talking about Alphas and Enforcers, which Dean knew were part of Dylan's love for Lycans. Still, Dylan made it very clear that he was not impressed with Kai in the slightest. He didn't trust him to care for Kao while he healed.

"Earth to Dean," said the doc.

"Sorry. I'm just worried about Kao. His family doesn't seem like the best place for him. I know I don't have any say, but I wish I could help somehow. Hell, I'm heading back to California in a few days. Probably won't see Kao ever again." The thought was not pleasant. He wanted to make sure the guy wasn't going into some shitty situation, but he could do nothing.

"Unfortunately, there is little that can be done. It's his choice."

Dean nodded.

 

* * *

 

Kao was cleared to head back to Oregon, which Kai was all too happy to make happen as soon as possible. Still didn't stop Dean from seeing him off at the clinic door. "If it gets to be too much, here is my card. Gimme a call, Kao. We live a thousand miles apart, but I can at least tell you dirty jokes the Mormons wouldn't want you to hear."

Kao chuckled weakly as he looked at the card. "Thank you again." He pulled the taller man into a hug.

Dean returned it, getting a nose full of long black hair that smelled of wind and waves. It reminded him of home. "Dude, do you use shampoo that smells like the coast? Smells good if you do."

Kao laughed out a bit. "No. Yours smells like the ocean, too. You are a real surfer, aren't you?"

"When I'm not in the office." Dean pulled back with a smile. "Take care, Kao." The young man nodded and got into the car that would take them to the airport. When the car was gone, Dean saw something that made him worry. On what would have been the driver's side where Kai had been, was Dean's crumpled up card. Jon saw it too, but he just shook his head.

"You tried, bro. That is all we can do."

"Yeah. God, that kid is going home to one fucked up situation. That bothers me the most." More than his own problems with Victoria, which was saying something.

"C'mon, dude, let's get packed up and head home. They still haven't found that wolf."

All the ride back and for the rest of the trip, Dean could think of nothing else other than Kao. Nothing any of them could do would keep him occupied enough to keep his mind off him. It was such a fucked up situation, and Dean hated that he couldn't help. Once they did get back to the property, Dean sighed and seemed to put it from his mind.

"Jon! You're back early." Zeke came bounding over with the biggest grin. "Mom and Dad showed up. Hope you don't mind."

Jon grinned and gave Zeke a big hug. "Of course not. They're always welcome here. Especially if your mom brought one of her famous pies."

"She brought six." Zeke laughed at the delight in Jon's eyes. "Dean, you have to meet my folks." He noticed there was something off. He also saw that Dean was trying not to think about it. "You can tell me to stuff it, but if you wanna talk, I'm around."

Despite everything, Dean smiled. "Maybe later, Zeke." That seemed to be the right answer, because the smile Zeke had was glowing. The huge young man went bounding back to his boyfriend and two extremely tall people. "Shit, he wasn't kidding." Zeke's mom was taller than Jon!

"Dean, come meet my parents." He wandered over to feel absolutely dwarfed by both. "Mom, Dad, this is Dean, Jon's best bud. Dean, these are Jessup and Brigit Whitebear, my source of massive awesomeness."

"You raised such a modest and humble kid," Dean joked as he shook Jessup's massive paw of a hand.

"If he gets too mouthy, tell him to stuff it." Jessup just grinned at his own words.

"I'll remember that. I'm going to put my things in the cabin, then I'll be right back out."

Brigit spoke up, her voice like every mother in the world. "It was so nice to meet you, Dean, but we won't be here for long. We're just dropping off some clothes and things for Zeke. Since he moved out here to be with Quint, he seems to forget he left all of his things back home."

"Like you didn't do the same thing when Dad came through town and swept you off your feet. Grandma said you didn't come home for two years." Zeke's grin was insufferable.

Dean just shook his head and went to the cabin he was using. Meeting the Whitebears was a nice distraction, and he knew he shouldn't dwell on Kao, but he was worried about him. To have to go back to a place where he couldn't be himself at all. Honestly, BYU was a good school, and he could learn quite a bit there, but he seemed to be making the best out of a shitty deal. It was some fucked up shit he had to go through because his brother didn't like him being gay.

Dean threw his bag on the bed and wished he had a punching bag. Without much thought, Dean changed into a pair of gym shorts over a jockstrap and went looking for Jon. Jon saw him, what he was wearing, and nodded.

"One second, Dean, and I'll be ready. Excuse me," said Jon to the others as he jogged back to his cabin and came out moments later dressed in similar clothing.

Without another word, Dean ran at Jon and kicked for his head. Jon blocked it and returned a punch. Patrick and Dylan just nodded and made sure no one got in their way.

"What's going on?" Zeke asked.

"Dean needs to get out some aggression," was all Pat said on the matter. Those who went on the trip understood; they had known him for years and knew that Dean was a man of passion. Those who had just met him could see something had made the man really upset. He wasn't holding back at all, and Jon was able to keep from getting hit easily. Dean was no slouch at martial arts, they could see, but he seemed unfocused.

After a matter of minutes, Dean stepped back and held up his hands. He was breathing hard and doubled over with his hand on his knees for a moment. "I am really out of shape if you held me off that easily," he panted out.

"We're not young men anymore, Dean, but I do keep in better shape. One day I may tell you how." Jon winked at his best bud as they pulled together for a hug. "He will be fine, Dean," Jon whispered.

Dean nodded and wiped sweat from his brow. "Yeah. You've been practicing."

"Yeah. Dylan got into MMA a few years back, if you recall. Been keeping me on my toes."

Dylan grinned when Dean looked his way. "Smile it up, little dude. I'm guessing Colton gives you a fat lip every now and then."

That got a laugh. "Actually, every time. He's deadly fast."

"Ugh," Dean exclaimed in disgust, "I need a shower."

"Dinner is in twenty," Dylan said as he headed off to the kitchen to start it.

 

* * *

 

Dean's vacation came to an end all too soon. While he was able to put Victoria out of his mind in his worry for Kao, Dean knew that as soon as he boarded the plane he would start to think about her again. He did think about her, and he thought hard. He knew he loved her more than any other woman, and he had to respect her lack of desire for marriage. He did. It hurt, but he loved her enough to wait. Still, as much stress as he was heading back to, he still thought of Kao. He wished the best for the young man, but Dean had to be realistic. He had his own life to deal with and couldn't divert the energy to deal with him. At least that is what Dean was telling himself.

Landing back in California, Dean was met at the gate by Victoria. She smiled when she saw him. "How is everything?"

"The guys are fine." He had told her Jon called and told him to come up. "We went camping and fishing. I saw this mondo massive wolf print. Way bigger than any I've ever heard of."

She didn't believe him, which was obvious by the look on her face. "Probably a hoax. Maybe the boys messing with you." Dean laughed right alongside of her. "Dean, I want to apologize for the other night. I..."

"Victoria, I had been ready to propose." She shut up, wide-eyed. "I love you more than any other woman I have met, and I wanted to make it something more, but you're not ready. I get that. So I will wait until you are."

"Really? Dean, are you really willing to wait until I'm forty?" She teased him.

"I'm willing to wait until I'm forty," he teased right back.

"So a few weeks, huh?" She cuddled under his arm.

"Har har. Funny girl." He let her get away with the usual joke. She was twenty-five, almost ten years his junior.

"You don't seem too upset with me saying no," she said as they walked from the terminals toward the parking.

"Oh I was, still am to be honest, but getting away, and having time to think, really helped. The guys didn't expect me to talk about it, although Jon knew I was upset. I hate that power of his." Dean stopped and looked around the parking area. Something seemed off. Like there was something he was missing. It was like a tickle in his nose and a tingle along his spine.

"What is it?" Victoria asked.

"Just got the creeps all of a sudden." They went to their cars, went out to a late dinner, and then adjourned to Victoria's house. "I'm glad you got that time to think. I don't want to hurt you, Dean."

He pulled her in for a kiss, basking in her scent. The smell of lilac, her shampoo and conditioner, was familiar, but something under it was not. It smelled wrong. Smelled off. Smelled sour. Must be dinner, he thought. "I will be fine. I'm a big boy, I can handle a little setback." He kissed her finger tips. "Sleep sweet, babe."

"You, too," she said back and went inside. Dean went to his car and had just opened the door when that feeling returned.

Something was wrong again. It felt like he was being watched. It was the same feeling he got in the parking structure at the airport. Dean shook it off and got in his car, locking the door. Driving off, he checked the rear view mirror almost all the way home to make sure no one was following him. Nothing. Unless they were extremely good at tailing undetected, he wasn't being followed. Still felt like it.

"Must be my imagination," he said aloud to himself as he went into his house. Leaving his dirty laundry for tomorrow, Dean hopped in the shower to let the worries go down the drain.

 

* * *

 

Over the next two weeks, Dean would feel that presence at the oddest times. Outside was the most common, and if it were more crowded, he would feel it more keenly. He also felt something like it as he used the restroom at work, but that feeling was not...hostile. It was passive, like feeling the heat from a fire rather than sticking your hand in the flames. It was there in the lunch room at the office, the parking garage, the super market...everywhere. Yet only when he was alone did it ever feel hostile. It was starting to get on Dean's nerves. Especially when he went to the gym after work.

He would be jogging and would feel like it was right behind him. Dean would look back, but of course, nothing was there. No one seemed to be paying any attention to him. Hell, he knew all the people with memberships at the gym, and none of them had ever given him this feeling. It reached a really bad level when he looked up from unlocking his car and could see a pair of glowing blue eyes in the brush. The same glowing blue eyes of the wolf. There was no mistaking those eyes.

"Shit!" Dean jumped in his car and slammed the door, looking up to see the eyes were gone. His heart was pounding in his chest and threatened to jump out of it. "Get a grip, Dean, you're just tired and stressed." And wondering what was happening to Kao.

His cell rang.

Dean jumped and stifled a scream. It was a number he didn't know. "Hello," he said as he answered the call through the car's Bluetooth.

"Is this Dean?"

He knew that voice. "Kao! How are you?" He had called. Dean's heart leaped for joy.

"I'm okay. You...sound happy to hear from me."

"Dude, ou don't know how glad I am. I've been worried about you. I saw the card crumpled up. Figured I'd never hear from you."

"Yeah, well," he said sounding a bit embarrassed, "my brother forgets I have an eidetic memory. Memorized it when I looked at your number."

"Way awesome. So how are things in the world of linguistics?"

"Boring, to be honest, but then I'm mostly fluent in Vietnamese already." They talked all the way back to Dean's house, and Dean kept talking even as he went in the house. Even with that feeling right there in his front yard. "Dean...you sound tense."

"Dude, I've been having this feeling of someone watching me. Just before you called I swear I saw the eyes of the wolf."

Kao's gasp was almost inaudible. "Really? That would be very unlikely. I mean, how could that wolf know where you are? Unless it's like...super wolf or something."

Dean chuckled. "With as big as it was...Speaking of, how's the leg?"

"Great, for having been broken that bad. The doc here says the itching is a good thing. Tell that to my leg. Feels like jock itch and athlete's foot."

"Dude, been there. No fun." He was glad to hear Kao laugh. It was such a free sound. So full of life.

"Yeah. Listen, I have to go. Got some studying to do. I hope I can talk to you later."

"Most definitely, dude. I get off work at five Monday through Friday. I have this Thursday through the weekend off completely. Company has filing days."

"Cool. I'll talk to you later, Dean. Bye."

"Bye." Dean hung up, feeling a lot better now. Kao was okay. He didn't sound too bad. At least he was healing and had school to keep him occupied. It was the best way to end the evening.

Other thing had started to crop up during those weeks. His working out was breaking personal records. Bench went up forty pounds, he finished his three mile jog five minutes faster than his personal best, squats increased by almost a hundred pounds! His reflexes and responses were gettig better, too. In fact, Dean never felt better in his life.

Victoria commented on his physique. "I'd swear you were getting even more muscles. New work-outs?"

"No, just feeling super good. Is it showing that much?"

"Uh, yeah. Like, you're looking like Captain America from the back." That was something Dean could get to like hearing. Having a body like Chris Evans was not a bad thing at all.

It was the first day of filing for work. Dean woke up feeling itchy. He didn't want to be indoors at all, so he went out to go swimming in the ocean. Out there in the water, Dean felt more at home. He would swim out and then body surf back in. It was such a wonderful feeling being out there, almost like flying. Dean wished Kao was there to share the beautiful day with him.

Dean got a lot of appreciative looks from many people as he jogged out of the water to his towel, but he only got one cat call. It made him roll his eyes because it came from an old pal of his. "Troy, you're just doing that to get into my shorts again."

"Damn right." Troy was one of the few of the "old guard" that still lived around here. Troy, Jon, and Dean used to go out clubbing and scoring the hottest chicks around. Troy was tiny compared to Jon and Dean, being a scant five feet four inches tall compared to their above six feet, but he pulled them. Men too, as Troy was openly bisexual. He was the only guy Dean had ever let go down on him. Damn good head, but it only happened once. Felt too strange to come from a guy. "You're looking indecently hotter than usual."

"Been working out extra hard, I guess. Beating all my old records."

"Nice. So where is the lucky lady you're dicking down these days?"

"Victoria? Working."

Troy looked a bit shocked. "Wait...still with her?"

"Yup. When she is ready to settle down, I'm ready to make it forever." Dean's grin was almost dreamy.

"Whoa. Playboy is settling down? I am impressed. Think she would go for a threesome?" Troy's bouncing eyebrows were so perfect for the lecherous tone of voice.

"Actually, I don't know." Dean was scratching at his arms.

"You okay?"

"I think the new fabric softener makes me itch. I'll have to change back. Good thing I didn't wash my shorts in it." Both agreed that would have been a bad thing.

Dean was lazing around the house that evening, watching Netflix. Nothing really was jumping out at him as wanting to be watched, so he shut it off and wandered out to the deck. It was a perfect night, save for the extreme itching he was getting. The full moon was just peeking over the hills to the east as the sun was almost gone beneath the watery horizon. Dean felt something painful in his gut, and he looked down at what should be his guts falling out. The pain wracked his body, and he stumbled back into the house, knocking over a vase as he fell to the floor. His entire body was on fire from pain. It was so bad his eyes were squeezed shut even as tears flowed. It felt like his body was being torn apart, but the absolute worst part was his back near his shoulder blades. The sensation was like having your balls kicked and then ripped out through the shoulders.

Then Dean passed out...

Thanks so much to my wonderful editor. Helping me make this a better story. And thanks to all of you for reading. Your comments really lift my spirits, even if you may not like something. For more talks about the Homestead Pack series, please visit the Story Discussion Forum
Copyright © 2018 Fantasyboy69; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 63
  • Love 17
  • Wow 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Hey great chapter!!! Just wanted to let you know somewhere around the middle of the chapter I think you used Kai's name when you meant Kao. Otherwise Dean would be worried about Kai and that doesn't make sense in my head lol.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 05/17/2016 04:34 AM, JayT said:

Hey great chapter!!! Just wanted to let you know somewhere around the middle of the chapter I think you used Kai's name when you meant Kao. Otherwise Dean would be worried about Kai and that doesn't make sense in my head lol.

Thanks. I didn't catch that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Hmm... What could be happening to Dean? Kind of a big surprise I guess. Interesting to see his senses suddenly increasing and he has no clue. Shouldn't someone have said anything? Or they didn't notice his scratch?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/17/2016 05:39 AM, Puppilull said:

Hmm... What could be happening to Dean? Kind of a big surprise I guess. Interesting to see his senses suddenly increasing and he has no clue. Shouldn't someone have said anything? Or they didn't notice his scratch?

The only person to notice was Kao, and he told Dean to get it cleaned. This was quite a few hours later, so no external cleaning could remove the infection. The infection was still too new for them to smell the change in him.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Thank goodness I had my narrator do the replies to the previous reviews, because they answered my question on how Dean got the shifter genes.
I'm a bit confused though that Alphas and such were being talked about with Kao, but that must mean that he's a lycan too. Still makes his brother a huge asshole. :)
I hope Kao can find a way to break away from the rotten brother...and am wondering what the signifficance of the blue eyes Dean was seeing...is that the wolf who turned him? I thought it might be him getting part of Kao's blood on his hand?
More please FB!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

OMG, that was indeed another great chapter I truly loved it. Great job!

 

BUT YOU TERRIBLE SADISTIC BASTARD YOU!!! I new you were going to leave us with a cliff hanger. Those things are evil I tell you, EVIL! Now I'm gonna be in full on junkie mode waiting for my next hit. I saw that you were going to try to post a chapter at least once a week too....ugh I don't think I can make it. :(

 

Last I want to say I think I know what Dean is turning into. I won't say and spoil it for others but I will say that I had suspected it would be that since the first chapter, with all the hints you had be dropping. Like when Kao had been surprised he was in Montana.

 

And second to last thing I want to say is that I think Dean should feel angry that Jon hadn't told him about being a Lycan. I don't remember what your reason may have been to keep Dean out of the loop in book one but, I think if Dean is suppose to be Jon's so called "best friend" then he should have trusted Dean enough to tell him his secret and not hide it for (if my memory is correct) 5yrs. The secrecy dose make for a more exciting story and I love that he has no idea what's happening to him but in the future when Jon comes clean about who and what he is I would be super pissed that he had kept it hidden for so long and from someone who Jon probably sees like a brother and a uncle to his son.

 

But that's just me I don't fully know Deans personality yet he may just be chill about the whole thing but if that were me I'd flip. Again great story, I can't wait to see what happens next chapter I'm sure what ever it is is going to be awesome. :D

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/17/2016 07:08 AM, ColumbusGuy said:

Thank goodness I had my narrator do the replies to the previous reviews, because they answered my question on how Dean got the shifter genes.

I'm a bit confused though that Alphas and such were being talked about with Kao, but that must mean that he's a lycan too. Still makes his brother a huge asshole. :)

I hope Kao can find a way to break away from the rotten brother...and am wondering what the signifficance of the blue eyes Dean was seeing...is that the wolf who turned him? I thought it might be him getting part of Kao's blood on his hand?

More please FB!

The wolf's purpose will be dealt with later.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/17/2016 07:30 AM, ILike2ReaditReadit said:

OMG, that was indeed another great chapter I truly loved it. Great job!

 

BUT YOU TERRIBLE SADISTIC BASTARD YOU!!! I new you were going to leave us with a cliff hanger. Those things are evil I tell you, EVIL! Now I'm gonna be in full on junkie mode waiting for my next hit. I saw that you were going to try to post a chapter at least once a week too....ugh I don't think I can make it. :(

 

Last I want to say I think I know what Dean is turning into. I won't say and spoil it for others but I will say that I had suspected it would be that since the first chapter, with all the hints you had be dropping. Like when Kao had been surprised he was in Montana.

 

And second to last thing I want to say is that I think Dean should feel angry that Jon hadn't told him about being a Lycan. I don't remember what your reason may have been to keep Dean out of the loop in book one but, I think if Dean is suppose to be Jon's so called "best friend" then he should have trusted Dean enough to tell him his secret and not hide it for (if my memory is correct) 5yrs. The secrecy dose make for a more exciting story and I love that he has no idea what's happening to him but in the future when Jon comes clean about who and what he is I would be super pissed that he had kept it hidden for so long and from someone who Jon probably sees like a brother and a uncle to his son.

 

But that's just me I don't fully know Deans personality yet he may just be chill about the whole thing but if that were me I'd flip. Again great story, I can't wait to see what happens next chapter I'm sure what ever it is is going to be awesome. :D

I are EVIL! The reasoning for the secrecy was explained in book one between Tommy and Pat. If humans knew about Lycans, it would end badly. Even best friends might never be told

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Someone said something about a little rabbit, referring to Kao. Dean as a cute widdle bunny wabbit sounds adorbs. Although, Dean had been scratched before he got to Kao, right? It would be interesting to see a herbivore/carnivore romance, if Kao and Dean are not of the same were species.
I remember you mentioning bird shifters in the first book, but aside from a owl-clerk, you hadn't introduced any more, or even let poor Dylan see one (that I recall). Is that what you're doing with Dean? Hence the whole "Roost" thing?
But, seriously, totally excited for the next chapter!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 05/17/2016 08:54 AM, Dayne Mora said:

Someone said something about a little rabbit, referring to Kao. Dean as a cute widdle bunny wabbit sounds adorbs. Although, Dean had been scratched before he got to Kao, right? It would be interesting to see a herbivore/carnivore romance, if Kao and Dean are not of the same were species.

I remember you mentioning bird shifters in the first book, but aside from a owl-clerk, you hadn't introduced any more, or even let poor Dylan see one (that I recall). Is that what you're doing with Dean? Hence the whole "Roost" thing?

But, seriously, totally excited for the next chapter!

Once again I love my readers who see more than just the words. No bunny Dean, sorry, but just because I wouldn't do that to him.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Hello honey this is your loving boyfriend since you made me read this chapter on here instead of giving me first dibbs. I'm really going to punish you and then you leave us with another cliffhanger your done for.... Still great chapter and I love you....

Link to comment
On 05/17/2016 09:41 PM, BigDan44 said:

Hello honey this is your loving boyfriend since you made me read this chapter on here instead of giving me first dibbs. I'm really going to punish you and then you leave us with another cliffhanger your done for.... Still great chapter and I love you....

Hi loving boyfriend. :P

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Damn, someone should have keep a better eye on things; or at least done a little better checking to see if the damage to Dean was more than superficial after the attack.  Have to wonder what Kao is?

  • Like 1
Link to comment

So the scrap to the hand has lead to Dean being infected.  I wonder if the eyes looking at him are some of Dylan's crew.  Dylan was in the hospital room when Dean said he had to get a doctor to take care of the scrap. I wonder who will find him.  What species will Dean be?

  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..