Jump to content
    Fantasyboy69
  • Author
  • 4,679 Words
  • 6,773 Views
  • 9 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Home To Roost - 3. Insult to Injury

Dean felt...okay. It was all a bit hazy, but he clearly remembered excruciating pain. Why was he in pain? Why was he feeling good if he had been in that much pain? Pushing to a seated position, he looked at the alarm clock by his bed. Maybe an hour had passed since he lost consciousness. Could it have been a heart attack? He didn't think so as his family had no history of them.

Getting up, Dean wandered into the living room to grab his phone to make a call to a nurse friend of his for an informal check-up. Then to the bathroom as he really had to piss. He felt stiff and knew he was walking funny because of it. Loosening the string on his shorts, Dean looked down to aim and began screaming. His entire body was covered in feathers, white feathers with small mottled grey patterns. He fell over, crying out in pain as he bent some part of his body that shouldn't be there. A long tail of the same brown feathers was now ruffled and stung like hell. His heart was racing as he tried to wake up from this dream.

"It's just a dream, dude. Just a dream." He closed his eyes and willed himself to wake up. It didn't work. He still hurt, and he could tell he still had feathers. "What the holy hell happened to me?" he asked of no one. Dean knew he could not immediately change what was going on, so he concentrated on his breathing to slow his racing heart.

Carefully he stood to look in the mirror. A small gasp and sob escaped his lips. What stared back at him was some monster. A bird of prey who had taken over his body. His hair was now feathers of white with a mask of dark chocolate brown feathers around his now larger golden eyes. Ears gone, nose and upper jaw fused into a partial beak. The brown trailed back and around to probably the only cool part about this. He had wings. "Oh fuck." Dean could see the wings weren't separate from his arms. He still had his hands, which had talons now, but the wings folded in such a way that he could maneuver the limbs normally and not disturb the feathers.

The phone rang.

Dean screeched at it.

It was Kao. Dean answered. "Kao?"

"Hey Dean, how are you?" He sounded...concerned.

"Um...well," he said. How did you tell someone you're now a monster. "I've had better days." Dean thought that this was the biggest understatement ever.

"You...want to talk?"

"I would, but...Kao? Why did you call?" Something was clicking in his head.

"To see how you were."

"Kao...?" His tone said he wanted answers. "Do you know what's going on?"

"Shit. Does it involve feathers?" Kao sounded so scared right then.

"Tell me...everything. Now."

"Long story or short one?"

"Give me the fucking Cliffs Notes for all I care. I woke up after passing out, and I look like some cheesy horror monster eagle." His voice was getting a bit shrill.

"Osprey, Pandion Lunais. Werefalcon, if you want that term. You're a Lycan." Kao let it sink in.

"You mean...are you one?" Kao grunted an affirmative. "And I got this from you." It wasn't a question. "Which is why you told me to stay away from you, and why you told me to get the scrape on my hand cleaned. Like a big idiot, I didn't listen. So that mondo huge wolf?"

"Canis Lupus. Werewolf. Works for my brother to keep me from running."

Fuck. This was not good. "So...I have been the most blind fuck nut in the history of the world. Would your brother's wolf come around here?"

"He...might."

"Damn. Damn damn damn!"

"Dean...I probably shouldn't be saying this, but call your friend Jonathan."

All of it clicked. "Because Dylan knows too much about Lycans for a damn good reason. I'm going to hang up now." And he did.

But he called Jon. "Hey, Dean. Listen we're..."

"About to go running under a fucking full moon like some slobbering shithead who didn't bother to tell his best friend he was a fucking Lycan?" Dean was super pissed.

"Oh...hell. I won't explain over the phone. Come here if you want. I will say it was for all of our protection that you stayed ignorant of Lycans. Yours mainly." Jon didn't sound happy. He was very worried.

"Fine, I'll just fly there with my new wings!" Dean hung up and stomped through the house. Stomping is not easy when you have bird feet. Why had no one told him? He could keep secrets better than most.

Then the thought penetrated his rage-filled mind. Could he fly? If so, he was going to fly to Montana and punch Jon in his doggy face. Assuming he was a canine. Going to the front door, he grabbed his keys and his wallet. If movies were to be believed, he would change back when the sun rose. Which also meant clothing.

His phone jingled to let him know he had a text. Using a touch screen phone was not easy with talons. Dude, if you plan on flying, don't. I'm sending a chopper to the beach behind your house. It will stay there for five minutes. If you don't get on, it will leave and I'll have my answer.

Should he go out there? Obviously Jon trusted these pilots, or he wouldn't send them. It would be so easy to snub Jon, to tell him in no small terms Dean was so angry...and scared. He had no idea where to turn. He couldn't tell anyone. It was obvious why Jon never told him, but that didn't count for much when you're now a monster.

The chopper could be heard overhead, and Dean saw it land. The door opened up, and although it was very dark, he saw very clearly Dylan was getting out and looking for him. "That's low," said Dean. Jon had somehow known Dean would...or might...turn into this and sent the little dude. "Fuck it." Dean shut off all the lights and locked up before running out to the chopper.

"Awesome! I mean, hi Dean."

"Shut it, Brutus. I got a few words for your dads." They were into the air very quickly after that.

But not before Dean saw a pair of glowing blue eyes on his roof.

"I...bet you're pissed at us." Dylan gestured for him to have a seat in the back.

"Dylan, that is the mother of all duh. How long have you been horror movie extras?" Dean had pulled on a headset, but it wasn't really designed for avian Lycan anatomy.

"Well, I was born one, as was Grandpa. Dad...well, he got turned when he and Pat got together. Pat was born one. Papa Travis was turned when Pat was still in the womb."

"So why aren't you all fuzzy?"

"Well, I'm a solar Lycan. Werelion. I can't turn at all during the full moon." He saw Dean had a skeptical look in his eyes. "You asked, Uncle Dean." Dylan told him everything he could about the new life he would live. Strengths and weaknesses. Some social things he would have to deal with.

"You haven't said anything about...me. Kao said I was Pandion Lunais."

"That's because I haven't had enough time to study birds. Until I met Kao, I had only met one other bird. She was an owl. What I learned about her may not even apply to you. Osprey and owl don't hunt the same territory or even the same times of day. I'm learning more just looking at you than I knew before I saw you. If it's any sort of consolation...you look wicked cool."

Dean did take some small consolation that he looked cool. "So...you know stuff just by looking?"

"Kinda. It's hard to explain. It's nothing concrete, but I get...insights? I guess you could call it that. Dean, please don't be too pissed at us. Believe me when I say you not knowing was best for your health."

Dean looked out the window. He understood why they didn't tell him. He didn't plan on telling anyone unless they had to know. Of course that meant condoms were needed with Victoria until he got up the nerve to tell her. "I get that. Still don't mean I won't punch your dad in the nose. I don't have to worry about it killing him now."

"Good luck reaching it." Dean looked back. "Lycan birds don't get much taller or brawnier when they shift. Some even shrink. Dad's just over eleven feet tall and weighs over five hundred pounds."

Dean went wide-eyed. "Jesus. You're serious? Wow. Guess I'm still going to be the runt, huh?"

"Not really. The other people in the pack might not even get to do what you're doing right now."

"Right, the Lupus and Lunais thing. This is going to take a lot of getting used to."

"Well, Uncle Dean, you got a few hours until we get back to Homestead." Dean raised a brow. "That's the name of the pack. Homestead. Oh, and Dad is the Alpha."

Just great.

 

* * *

 

They landed in an area near the camp. Dean could see what looked like a furry-con gone horror. Wolves, polar bears, a lynx, a coyote, and he was the only bird. Dylan said they were rare. When the chopper landed, Dean got out, making sure to keep his wings tucked in as best as he could. He marched up to Jon. How he knew it was him, Dean wasn't sure. "So, you want me to punch you in the nose now or when you're human? Either way it's happening."

"Warning. That means you're not too pissed at me. I'll take one now and one when human." Jon hunkered down and braced himself.

It didn't come. "I'm so fucking mad at you, bro. You've been a damn furry for almost a decade and you couldn't bother to tell me? Had to make things up about being busy when I would come to visit during filing days. OH! That too. An entire company devoted to human harvest? How fucked up is that?"

"Dude, I..." Jon was silenced by Dean slamming his fist into his muzzle. The Alpha's first instinct was to fight and kill, but his mind won out. This was his best friend, and one who was justifiably pissed. "Deserved that. I get it. It's fucked up. One of the reasons I left. That and I fought the owner of the company and beat him."

Dean couldn't help but feel a surge of pride for his friend. "So...you beat the Alpha of another pack?" Jon nodded. "Doesn't that mean you take the pack? The little dude has been talking non-stop Lycans for years; I remember that much."

"Nope. I fought him for a very personal reason. Still got my own pack, though. If I had seriously wanted the pack, I would have had to fight Travis for it."

Saying his name made a huge wolf appear. "Is that...Mr. Andrews?" The wolf yipped. "Holy shit. Yeah, bro you're huge, but he'd kill ya. This is so messed up." They all nodded. "So why bring me here?"

"That, I'm afraid, is something you don't want to hear."

"Probably not, Jon, but you're going to tell me." Dean's voice was hard. He would not accept anything other than the truth.

"Kao is the second son of the Rogue Valley Flock's Alpha. Him being gay was easy enough to get under control. Kai is his warden. That blue eyed wolf was told to keep Kao in school and away from any alone time with guys. Kao turning you will most likely get the boy killed."

"The hell it will!" Dean's cry was one of challenge. No one was going to hurt Kao.

"Dean, you would be taking on eighty plus Lycans who know what it is to be one. My pack won't help you, that would be a huge war between us, and most likely the flock would be killed. We have numbers, but they have legality. You were turned against your will, and the offending party can be sentenced to death for doing it."

Hearing that made Dean's chest constrict. It wasn't fair. None of it. "I don't care. I'll say it was willing, as I willingly got his blood on me while treating him. Useless, as I gather he would have healed, but I will say I willingly let it happen."

Travis let out a whine.

"Really? Huh."

"I don't speak wolf, Jon."

"He said your words were not a lie. You knew you could catch something when you went to help. You didn't have gloves, but you didn't care if he had some disease. He needed help. It might actually stand up in court. Travis also volunteered to represent you if you wanted." Jon's wolfish grin was a bit silly. "And seeing as he is still a highly respected man, a former Alpha of the largest pack in the US, and next in line to take a seat on the Lycan Council, his word will have a lot of weight."

"Sure, anything to keep Kao alive." And he meant it. He would do anything. Why, though? Why try to help a guy who had turned him into a monster? Someone he barely met? Someone whose scent, and the memory of it, made Dean feel calm and at home? Someone whose smile and laugh were so wonderful?

"Bro...something is making you upset. I can smell it."

"It's...I have no clue. It's just Kao is an innocent kid. There is little malice in him." Dean was adamant about that.

"How do you know?" Pat asked.

"It's...his scent. Don't ask me how I know, but his scent told me." Dean was very confused. He hadn't been infected for very long, but his nose had been keen enough to catch his scent.

"And you trust that?" Jon asked. Dean nodded. "Good. I got the same feeling when I took him from you. He's a smart young man with a kind heart. What did he smell like to you?"

Dean felt his face heat up a bit. "Like wind and waves. Like freedom. Like home."

The giant polar bear wuffed something. Jon started laughing. "Zeke said Quint smells like velvet and iron. To each their own, I guess."

Dean looked over to see the very large lynx bat at the bear's nose. "I guess. Will you find out when this trial might happen? I have to be back to work after the filing...full moon."

"I'll call in the morning. I'm sure the Canis Lupus who was tracking you has reported your change, and they will want to handle it before anything can be done to stop it."

"And can we stop it?"

Jon's eyes flashed. "We might not be able to help you fight a war, but that doesn't mean we won't help you fight. Pop is coming in the day after the moon. I'm guessing with the backing of three Alphas, you have a damn good chance." Jon wasn't sure, but it looked like Dean was smiling. "Now, enough of that. Tonight, you run with us. Or fly if you want to try. Either way, Dean, Homestead Pack welcomes you." Jon pulled him into a fierce hug, Dean returning it.

 

* * *

 

Morning found Dean feeling like hell. His body ached something awful, and he felt like he had drunk too much liquor. He pried his eyes open to see the inside of the cabin, not home. That meant he either dreamed the last few weeks, or he really was a werebird. He groaned and rolled out of bed, trudging to the shower. God he stunk! What did they do last night? He remembered hunting with Zeke and Quintin for fish, which had never tasted better, but he couldn't fully remember.

Showered, he went outside and stopped. Kai was standing right there with Kao. Dean started toward them, but a look from Pat told him to stay there, unseen.

"I understand your concern, Mr. Saechao, but I assure you Dean knew he may contract via blood. He did not care." Travis was speaking. He looked amazing this early. Dressed professionally in a fitted suit, he out-shone all of those present with a dignity Dean had never felt. "Furthermore, if you wish to try Kao Saechao using the false accusation of unlawful infection, I will personally be handling the defense of Kao. At the behest of Mr. Whitmore, of course."

Kai winced at that. He had not expected this sort of opposition. He had hoped to rid the family of its stain by removing his younger brother. "Then..."

"Furthermore, as acting Beta of Homestead Pack, I am authorized to tell you Alpha Davenport will not be pressing charges against Kao for not informing him of his entry into our territory."

By the sheer look of outrage, Kai had been going for that one next.

"By the words of Alpha Davenport, 'we don't discriminate based on kind, only if you're a mondo douche,' which mean that the Canis Lupus who attacked Kao on our lands shall be charged. Kao quite obviously sought shelter by coming to us. His previous conversations with the hierarchy said much to the fact he was not welcome in the Flock. Perhaps an inquiry into why is in order."

Dean was loving this. Kai wasn't ready to take on Travis at all. Kao looked over at Dean, somehow sensing he was there, and such an outpouring of happiness couldn't be hidden. Dean smiled back, trying to let him know he was not mad at him.

"I assure you, Mr. Andrews, that Kao is receiving the best education to cement his place within our Flock as its mediator. The role you call Beta."

Smarmy bastard, Dean thought.

"That is wonderful to hear. As is the fact no charge shall be brought against him. If you would like to informally speak to Mr. Whitmore about his willing aid of Kao, I believe I can convince him to remain civil. You did ruffle his feathers."

Dean almost laughed at the outrage on Kai's face. That must be some sort of slight or insult to the Lycan birds.

"I shall do just that. Is he at his residence in California?"

Travis smiled genially. "He is home. Until you are able to question him on this matter, I expect no charges will be filed." Kai nodded, looking like a pissed-off Vulcan again. "And to ensure the safety of the defendant, I am granting his petition of asylum until such matters are resolved."

"What? When did..." This was obviously the first time he had heard of this.

"When he crossed into our lands, and was attacked by the Canis Lupus, and saved by an ally of this pack, he asked Alpha Davenport to keep him safe. Jonathan granted it. Since he left of his own free will last time, we thought nothing of it. Yet here he is once again. This time he will not be sent back to the Flock until all charges are cleared and entered into Lycan Council records as such." Travis's gaze held Kai. The bird was almost visibly shaking in fear. Kai was no Alpha, not in the slightest, and now he was being challenged by one of the strongest in recent history. "Kao, if you have anything you wish to retrieve from the vehicle, please do so."

"Yes, Beta Andrews," Kao said with a bow, and jogged back to the truck to grab a small bag.

"Patrick, can you prep cabin six for his stay?" Travis asked.

"Of course, Dad. It would be my pleasure." Pat came walking right toward Dean, who ducked back in the cabin. Pat walked in grinning. "Your assessment of Kai was right. He's a fucking prick."

Dean laughed and pulled him in for a hug. "Your dad is awesome." Pat nodded. "So Kao is staying here?"

"Yes. You seem to have the usual post-change pains and shittiness. Any memory problems?"

"A few."

Pat nodded. "That's normal. As you change more and more, it hurts less and less, and your memory improves."

"How did Travis pull off the location lie?"

At that, Pat grinned. Now Dean knew why he had a puppy grin and barking laugh. "Dad said not one word that's a lie. You are home. This has always been your second home, and you know that."

Dean felt a huge rush of emotion. They had never turned him away, never once said he couldn't come, and if he dropped in unannounced, they always seemed happier than ever. It was true; this was as much his home as California. "Tell your dad thanks for all this."

"You're family, Dean. That means more than just blood." Pat gave him a gentle shove. "Now, go sit down and pretend like you're not anxious to see Kao."

Dean sat as Patrick left, suddenly very anxious. Why? Kao was at most a friend, at least an acquaintance who gave him something he could never get rid of. It was so confusing and frustrating. There was no reason he knew of that he should care so much for Kao other than simple empathy for a person in need.

Dean stood as Kao stepped into the cabin and shut the door. "Dean, I am so sorry. I never meant for this to happen." Dean lunged for Kao, who flinched, and pulled him off the ground and into a tight hug. After a moment, Kao returned it. They held onto each other, simply feeling close, breathing in the scents they each knew so well.

"You're going to be fine, that's all that matters to me. Travis will use every trick in the book to make sure this doesn't go anywhere." He could feel Kao trembling a little bit.

"You're not mad?" The quaver in Kao's voice was a sure sign that he feared he had displeased Dean.

"I'm not mad. Upset, yeah." Dean set him down, still marveling that Kao, who grossed a hundred pounds and topping out at five feet two, was strong enough to break a human's femur without much problem. He sat and motioned for Kao to do the same. "My whole life has been changed. For better or worse, I don't know yet. I do know that I have one person I must tell. She...won't be happy."

"Your girlfriend?" Dean nodded. "I would caution against it. If my word has any weight with you, Dean, don't tell her until you plan on marrying her."

"Well, then I should tell her. I would love to marry her, but she's not ready for it yet. That's what made me come up here to begin with."

Kao's pale complexion colored a bit. "Is it bad of me to thank the Fates you came up here? No matter the reason?" He couldn't look Dean in the eye.

"Well, they chose a shitty way to do it, but no. It put me where I was needed." Kao's smile was so bright. "So..." Dean stopped when they heard raised voices.

"...Off my land by the end of the day, or I will have my Enforcer rip your head off your scrawny neck. I would love to see what you would do against a lion, little bird." That was Jon, and he sounded pissed. "You will NOT come onto my land and insult my Beta. You will NOT come onto my land and insult my pack. You will never insult my mate."

"Oh boy. Looks like your bigot of a brother pissed Jon off. Any one of those is enough to make him upset. All three? Kai will be lucky to leave here alive. Insulting Pat is a mondo mistake."

Kao ran out of the cabin and literally stood between Kai and Jon. His tiny frame would do nothing to stop either from attacking. "Stop this now!" he commanded.

Both stopped and stared.

"Kai, whatever your personal beliefs about same sex couples, they had better be stifled or Alpha Davenport will kill you, and rightfully so. Use your brain not your hatred of me." Kao turned his back on a sputtering Kai and looked up at Jon's surprised face. "Alpha, I will not apologize for my brother. I will apologize for the insult that a member of Rogue Valley Flock as given, and I beg forgiveness on behalf of my father. He would never condone such disgrace."

Even Travis was impressed. "Spoken like a true mediator," he said with a dip of his head.

"In other words, you're advising me to accept Kao's apology for Kai calling you a senile old man, calling Quint and Zeke abominations, and for calling Pat a fag bitch," Jon growled.

Kao's face spasmed a bit when he heard what Jon said.

"I will accept the apology for two of the three. Choose very carefully, Mediator Kao, or I will turn your brother into a feather duster." Jon's eyes were no longer human, although he was. They were glowing red with rage.

"Rogue Valley Flock retracts and apologizes for calling your enforcers abominations and for the grievous insult to your mate." Kao bowed his head in shame.

"Apology accepted. The only insult remaining is one spoken by an individual, not as a representative of RVF."

Kao bobbed his bow deeper and looked back up. "I thank you and commend you on your fairness. On a personal note, my brother should leave the area before he gets himself killed." This last was said over his shoulder to Kai.

The werebird bowed stiffly and ran for the vehicle. Within a moment, he was headed toward the interstate.

"God, Pat, I am so sorry he said that to you. Not even Father would be happy with him right now." He looked at Quint and Zeke. "I don't know you guys, but I can say I see the love between you. Love is not an abomination."

"Can we keep this one?" Zeke asked. "He's much nicer than his brother. Plus he's travel sized for convenience." Quint punched him in the arm.

Kao laughed. "Listen, Klondike Bear, I may be small, but I will drop on you if you make fun of my height again." Zeke just laughed and held his hands up in defeat.

"No thanks. You're cool, Kao. Welcome to Homestead, for however long it takes for your fucktarded brother to realize Dean was here all along." They shook hands and then laughed again.

"Don't I get an apology?" asked Travis jokingly. He had been called far worse than senile and honestly felt no affront.

"Well...I apologize for the senile part."

Travis laughed at the merry twinkle in Kao's dark eyes. "I will take what I can get. Dean, you can come out now."

Dean came out at a jog. "Kao, dude, that was amazing. Facing down your brother like that." Kao's smile got bigger. "I think you'll make a great mediator."

"Really?" Kao smelled so pleased.

Dean wondered how little praise he had gotten in his life.

"Truly," said Travis. "You have the making of a fine mediator. Jon, you were also wise to listen to Kao. Killing that odious person might have been enough to cause a feud."

"Yeah, well, calling my husband a fag is a sure way to piss me off. I still would have preferred if the little dude had clawed off his wings, but that would have been messy." It seemed Dean was not the only one who hated Kai Saechao. At this rate, Kai would piss off all of Homestead. Then the head of the Flock would have no choice but to remove Kai himself rather than risk the wrath of the largest pack in the northern US.

I'm lucky to have a good editor. If you guys want to chat about this story, here's a link to a discussion board. http://www.gayauthors.org/forums/topic/41657-homestead-pack-home-to-roost-by-fantasyboy69/
Copyright © 2018 Fantasyboy69; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 71
  • Love 18
  • Haha 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

So... A falcon. Better than a chicken I guess. LOL I think I would have been scared and pissed off for slightly longer, but Dean handled it well. And he got to see Kao again. Sniffing him...

 

Mondo douche! I want to start using that expression. I love it!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 05/20/2016 05:56 AM, Puppilull said:

So... A falcon. Better than a chicken I guess. LOL I think I would have been scared and pissed off for slightly longer, but Dean handled it well. And he got to see Kao again. Sniffing him...

 

Mondo douche! I want to start using that expression. I love it!

I do actually use that, and I only lived in So Cal for a few years and it was far inland. I have many colorful phrases in my vocabulary

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I just read all three chapters. There is definitely something between Kao and Dean, can't wait to see what happens there :P . I don't imagine Dean will be with victoria much longer, not with her smelling sour, that has to mean something. :read: I think I'm gonna have to go back and re-read the first two stories in this series to refresh my memory on the characters. Definately enjoying it so far :worship:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 05/21/2016 01:41 AM, Kjamieson said:

I just read all three chapters. There is definitely something between Kao and Dean, can't wait to see what happens there :P . I don't imagine Dean will be with victoria much longer, not with her smelling sour, that has to mean something. :read: I think I'm gonna have to go back and re-read the first two stories in this series to refresh my memory on the characters. Definately enjoying it so far :worship:

You're the first to mention Victoria's scent. That will come into play later in the story

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Excellent chapter, this just keeps getting better and better.  Dean and Kao already seem to have a connection, not sure where it is going to lead.  Was anyone curious why the girlfriend smelt sour to him?  Is there something going on there?  Wouldn't the fact that the enforcer for Kai coming onto the pack lands have been a bigger problem than Kao coming on?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/22/2021 at 5:56 AM, G90814 said:

LOL curious what made you choose the Rogue Valley in Oregon? I grew up there :)

I live in northern California and have gone up to RV a few times and loved it

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Dean's first turn was a shock to his system, but he was fortunate that Kao called to check on him.  Dean actually took it a lot better than I expected.  He was smart to listen to Kao and call Jon.  Jon in turn was smart enough to send Dylan.  After the punch, Dean cooled down and seemed to be very reasonable.  The discussion of possible charges and punishment for Kai set Dean off again.  I was pleased that he protected Kao by claiming the infection was willing made. Then Kai and Kao showed up. I was worried for Kao, but Jon and the rest made sure that Kai couldn't do anything.  Kai was stupid to insult Jon, Patrick, Zeke, and Quint.  It was great that Kao stood up to his brother and the rest made sure Kai left quickly.  I think both Kao and Dean will find a great deal to love in their new home. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..