Jump to content
    Fantasyboy69
  • Author
  • 3,530 Words
  • 6,261 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Home To Roost - 9. Double Date

The dinner with Dean's lady love and his mate was truly one of the most wonderful nights of his life. It was very easy to see Kao and Victoria would be friends...and Dean was so thankful for that. If they had been cool or neutral with each other, Dean could have dealt with that. However, he couldn't have dealt with it had they been at odds or even openly hostile. But they got along well. Conversation was not forced and flowed so freely that it looked like the three of them had known each other for years. The only bad thing...Kao and Victoria were comparing notes.

"I would watch the eggs in the morning," Victoria was saying with a smirk and a glance at Dean, "he gets gassy."

This, of course, made Kao just giggle into his napkin as Dean blushed. "If you catch him during the moon, he loves having his eyebrows rubbed." Which of course made Victoria nearly choke on her water.

"I don't know which is worse: you two hating each other or the two of you comparing notes," Dean grumbled with a bit of a grin. They ignored him of course and went right on talking all about him like a pair of gossiping hens. It made Dean smile.

The food had been superb, and the wait staff amazing and prompt to fill up a glass or take away a plate after it had been set aside. There was a terrace with a dance floor and a live band that seemed to play anything romantic. Dean got up and pulled Kao to his feet to take him to the floor. He saw Kao's face was red from a deep blush. "Nervous?"

Kao nodded. "I'm...not used to being so open."

Dean nodded his understanding. "Well, this isn't Oregon or BYU. You can be as open as you want...within reason." Dean leaned forward a bit and whispered softly. "As much as I want to take you right here on the dance floor, I doubt the patrons would find it appropriate." Dean was ready for Kao's gasp and sudden loss of leg function and caught him.

"You are evil." That just got an evil chuckle in his ear, sending a tingle down his spine from the low tones.

Half way through the second song, Victoria came up and tapped Kao on the shoulder. "Mind if I cut in?" Kao stepped back...and Victoria started dancing with Kao. Dean's grin was perfect as he watched the two go gliding across the floor. "You are one heck of a dancer, Kao. In both places."

"Thank you. Caught us by surprise, you picking me."

"I've danced with Dean before. Plus, this way, no one knows who the couple really is." Kao stifled a laugh. Gods she is such a wonderful person. I can totally see why Dean wanted to marry her...did I just say 'totally'?

"What are you thinking about?" she asked curiously. When Kao told her, she smiled a beautiful smile and laughed.

"He has a way of making you just a bit more surfer than you ever were. Worse if he and Jon are together." As the next song started, she told Kao a few stories about how she and Pat would just shake their heads at their surf-speak. "It can get on your nerves if you're not ready for it."

Kao nodded. "I can see that, but I don't see Dean getting on my nerves with that. Or anything for that matter."

"He will, just like you will get on his nerves. The important thing is to talk about it, rather than shout about it. The most loving couples fight now and then."

Again Kao nodded. He had a lot of advice to get from her. Not only about Dean, but about relationships. This was his first real one, and it would be his last. He didn't want to mess it up before they mated; he could lose Dean if he wasn't aware of it important issues.

The end of the evening was spent at the beach near Dean's house. It was a glorious night for swimming. Kao hadn't brought swim trunks, and it seemed Victoria had a swimsuit there. Dean supplied the answer. "You can borrow something of mine, or we can all strip down to our underwear and go that way. I would say naked, but I doubt I would be able to function with the two of you naked in front of me." The other two shared a grin and off came their clothes as they ran nude into the surf.

"Muh..." was Dean's oh so articulate response. He shook his head and stripped before diving into the waves with them. While he was hyper aware of his mate and his lady love being naked, the vibe of the time was more playful than sexy and none of them even felt the need to grope. They dunked, splashed, wrestled, and just had fun until they trudged onto the beach for their clothes and dashed up to the house, laughing like children along the way.

Victoria could see the obvious love they shared for each other, and while she did feel a bit of sorrow for losing Dean and the level of closeness they had shared, she would never come between their love. After taking quick showers to rinse off, the trio sat on the couch to watch a movie, Kao snuggled up against Dean's side with his arm around him. Victoria had to admit, Kao was a very handsome man.

Kao was feeling something was off, and it took little to know what it was. Dean and Victoria were setting boundaries between themselves out of what Kao assumed was respect for him. It was a very touching gesture, but Kao could sense the small amount of sadness in his mate, and Victoria smelled upset as well. "You know," he started after making a decision, "Dean has another side. Shame to let it go to waste, Victoria." She looked at him across Dean's broad chest seeing a small smile on his face. Dean extended his arm and she leaned over to snuggle into his other side as they had many times.

When the movie ended, Victoria spoke up. "You surprised me tonight. Not many people would allow even that bit of closeness with their sweetheart and their ex."

"I thought about that. I honestly did. Yet...why would I deprive two friends simple closeness simply because they used to date? It makes for very uncomfortable feelings. As far as I'm concerned, you two can cuddle all you want. I would feel like shit if I came between your friendship, much as the two of you felt the need to respectfully keep your distance for me."

Dean just marveled. "Kao, you are an amazing person." He kissed Kao softly on the lips and then pulled him into his arms and off the ground as Kao turned the kiss more passionate. Even to Victoria's human nose a scent of musk filled the air. The scent of two men deeply in love.

When they broke the kiss, they saw Victoria grinning as she wiped a tear away. "You guys really are a beautiful couple. We do need to set some boundaries, though, Kao. That way no feelings can be hurt by not knowing them."

Dean set Kao down as he thought. "Nothing sexual. Everything else is fair game. Hell, you can kiss. I have seen good friends kiss without it being anything romantic. Dylan kissed Quintin on the lips and then called him brother. Dyl is as straight as they come," explained Kao.

That was news to Dean even. He knew both guys, and his nephew and Quint did seem to be very close. "And Zeke didn't get upset?" Victoria asked. She knew those few who lived at the campground well enough to know relationships.

"Nope. Never a thought of either cheating. It comes down to trust, really. I trust Dean implicitly, and I have a very strong feeling I can trust you, Victoria. I know there are still feelings between you two, and to squash them completely would hurt all of us, so I trust you will stay within the boundaries."

"Does that mean I can kiss you too? You are a cutie, Kao." Victoria said, making the young man blush.

"Ask him," Kao mumbled.

"Kiss away. I hope to keep us all friends." Dean could see a wonderful possibility here. Not for anything sexual, but he truly wanted them to have few boundaries together. Swimming in the ocean tonight had shown him they could be naked and have fun without sex getting in the way. It felt good...right.

"In that case..." Victoria said and kissed Kao on the cheek, which made him chuckle a bit and return it. All three were happy with this arrangement. "But I have to get going. I have work in the morning. You working from home this week, Dean?"

"Yeah. I don't have any reviews to do until next month, and I can do sales inquiries from here. Best part is I don't have to put any clothes on at all." Dean's sexual leer made Kao bounce his brows suggestively.

"Have fun tonight boys. Kao, call me anytime. Any reason." Victoria said with a smile and gave him a hug. "I am glad to meet you. I know you will be much better suited for this big lug than I ever would have been." She turned to Dean and gave him a peck on the lips. "You hurt him, I have grandma's silver...just saying." she warned Dean somewhat playfully and then dashed out the door.

"Would she..." Kao questioned.

"Nothing life threatening. Might give me a new scar or ten." Dean chuckled. "C'mon, I hear a bed calling for us." Dean took Kao's hand and led him to the huge California King bed. Kao's sensitive nose picked up Dean's scent quite easily, with a faint trace of Victoria there as well. Kao didn't mention it, to do so would have been petty. Besides, the scent was old. The duo removed their clothes and fell into bed for some kisses before falling asleep, Dean's muscular arms wrapped around the smaller form of his one true love.

 

* * *

 

The time the two spent together was some of the happiest in Dean's entire life. It didn't matter to them what they did, so long as they did it together. One night it was bowling followed by a trip to the skating rink. They held hands and a few of the lovelier ladies told them they were the sexiest couple they had ever seen. That brought a huge grin to Dean's face and a blush to Kao's cheeks. They had shared a soft pretzel, played a few arcade games, and generally did all the things teens would do on their dates.

Another night was dinner with Goldie. She had called and said she would like to have them over for dinner and that she would be sending a car around at six to pick them up. "Dress?" Dean asked.

"Very casual." she had replied, so Dean and Kao had slipped into sleeping shorts and T-shirts and went like that.

When they arrived, they found out dinner was pizza rolls, taquitos, and other hang out munchies since this was a slumber party. Goldie's house was big, but not overly huge. Five bed, four bathrooms, and a really nice pool out back. They watched movies. Specifically Disney movies. At 8 pm, the front door opened up and a child of about six years walked in and squealed in that high pitch only children and fangirls can make.

"KAO!" she cried and leaped a literal thirty feet to land atop him in a huge hug. She was the spitting image of Goldie save for a set of deep brown eyes.

"Daughter?" Dean asked as he leaned over. Goldie nodded.

"Help, I am being attacked by a vicious wolf! Oh no! I am caught." Kao's overly dramatic scene had them chuckling. He "died" and then couldn't keep up the act as she began to tickle him mercilessly. "Dean! Help me!" He did...helped him get tickled more. After a few moments of torture, the duo stopped tickling the poor man, and he was sobbing from laughing so hard.

The girl looked at Dean and stuck out her hand. "Alice."

He took it, smiling at her sure manner. "Dean."

"I like you, Dean. Mom never helps me attack people." That made Goldie roll her eyes. "So, you and Kao are dating. What are your intentions toward my favorite babysitter?"

Well, that answered how they knew each other. "I assure you, madame, that my intentions are pure...ly wretched. I shall steal him away in the night and make him my mate for life. Then he will have no choice to submit to my tickling." Dean rubbed his hands together in a very dastardly villain way while giving an evil laugh.

"Weeeell...I guess that's okay. I get him every other weekend, else no deal." She spat into her palm, and Dean did the same and they sealed the deal.

"Have I no say in this?" Kao asked shakily as he calmed down.

"No," both said in unison and laughed when he threw up his hands in defeat.

"Baby girl, go get in your pj's. You can stay up until 11 tonight." Alice squealed again and ran to do just that.

"That little bundle of energy is adorable." Dean said with a hint of sadness in his eye. Kao felt it and looked over, taking his hand. "It's just...I wouldn't mind having kids one day. We can adopt, but my brain right now says it wouldn't be the same. I know Alan and Jon never felt the lack, and Alan had children of his own before he adopted Jon. Said Jon was his as sure as if he had been born of his seed." Kao gave his hand a squeeze. "Don't mind me."

Except Kao now knew the only thing he could not give Dean was a child of his own. It made him appreciate exactly what Dean was giving up for him. All because Dean loved Kao. Until they were mated, they could not adopt under Lycan law, and Kao didn't think he would be able to raise a human child. The differences were too great.

They had dinner with Victoria again, this time very low brow. They grabbed some food from a taco truck since Kao had never had anything like it before. They watched in silence as he took his first bite and then groaned in approval. "I can feel my arteries hardening, but I am loving every second of it."

That day had been spent at the beach with the three of them having a blast. Had anyone looked closely enough, they might have seen something like a poly relationship as they were all hugging and playing like either family, which they obviously were not, or like loved ones. There was an easy feeling between them and even Kao had to admit that Victoria was very much a stunning woman and it wasn't much for him to see her as something between a sister and a very close friend.

For Dean, seeing them together and having fun, seeing the two people he loved becoming honestly close and in such a natural way, was so wonderful. His heart was fit to bursting he was so happy. And yet...there was that little spot, a tiny room in his heart and mind that had recently been closed off from the rest. Such a small part of him really. The part that would have to wait for their mating to be complete before he even brought up the idea of kids.

There had to be some Lycan child out there who needed a home and family; in Dean's mind he could not raise a human child now. He would be worried that his enhanced strength would get the child hurt during a game of touch football. His senses would know when the child was hiding something, would know if they had begun having intimate contact with someone, and would become a problem if the child were less than honest. Every child he knew had kept some secrets from their folks, and whether the parents actually knew was unknown, but he would know, and he would do his best to raise an honest and open child who had as few secrets as possible.

And Heaven help the poor boy who came calling if he had a daughter.

Yet their time together had to come to an end. They both knew it and spent that last night together in each other's arms. Kao was lying against Dean's built body while the Dean's hand rubbed circled over Kao's bare chest. The fireplace was going, and no other lights were on in the house. It was such a sensual yet casual feeling. An easy feeling without the need to jump into the sack, although the desire was there. They had decided they would not consider mating until after Kao graduated this coming semester. That way they had far less separation anxiety.

The lovers had simply grazed on sushi and other assorted seafood bits throughout the night, feeling content to simply be. A gentle kiss, an embrace, maybe a butt touch or two...okay lots of butt touches. This was what Dean had been missing. With Victoria, he had all this but it almost always ended in some hot sex. Yet, with Kao, the desire was there but not the insistent urge to go breed like bunnies.

"What are you thinking about, Dean?" Kao asked, pulling him from his reverie.

"About how much this has turned into the best day of my life." Dean tightened his hug a bit before kissing the top of Kao's raven-haired head.

"Really? So that smell of how much you are aroused..." Kao giggled a bit as he felt Dean's body flush with embarrassment.

"Well, you are damn sexy, but I was comparing this to my time with Victoria." Dean almost expected Kao's body or scent to react in some way negatively; it would have been understandable. Nothing came. "We would have a wonderful night with amazing sex as the night cap, but...I don't feel like I have to end this night that way. Being here with you like this, just holding you close, has honestly been better than any sex I have ever had, and that is including the Korean twins."

Kao just laughed and snuggled deeper against Dean. "Better than that? My, my." Kao was joking, but he was blissfully happy Dean felt this way. "So you don't feel disappointed we haven't mated yet?"

Dean shrugged. "I would say the desire is strong, but we're not ready. At least I'm not. I want us to have as few problems as possible when we finally mate, and you being so far away is a huge problem."

"Why?" Kao asked, agreeing with Dean that it would be a problem, but not one so big as he was making it out to be.

Dean nuzzled Kao's neck. "Because, once I get you into bed, my mate, you will have opened up Pandora's Box. You may not be allowed to leave the bed for quite some time." Dean's growl sent shivers straight to Kao's groin with very obvious results.

Kao knew Dean was kidding, but the thought was nearly enough to send him immediately into an orgasm. He moaned and bit down on his lower lip to calm himself down, a reaction Dean found very, very funny.

"You know I wouldn't keep you there if you didn't want to, right?" He wanted to make sure Kao was clear on that.

"Yeah..." Kao panted and calmed his racing heart. "Still was damn hot thinking about that." Kao turned his head to kiss Dean, and the rest of the night was spent in a euphoric mood.

Come the early morning, Dean and Kao were saying their goodbyes on the beach while the helicopter waited. Dylan had come and would be staying a few nights as he had a meeting with Ginger and the rest of the think tank at the studio. "Study hard, my mate. When you know you're going to graduate, send me an invite and I'll be there."

"I will. I know Father will be there, as will Phuong." That was still a bit of a touchy subject, but Kao just wanted to respect his father by NOT making out with his future mate in his presence. "Until then my love." He kissed Dean softly and the got into the chopper to be taken back to school.

As they were leaving, Dylan placed his arm around his adopted uncle's shoulder. "He is one awesome dude, Uncle Dean. I just realized...he'll be Uncle Kao once you two get around to shagging like bunnies." That got him a punch in the arm, but Dean's smile said all Dylan needed to know.

Dean couldn't wait.

------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks bunches to my editor Tim who keeps me from sounding too much like a dufas and for finding those mistakes, big and small, that happen when you write at 3 am.
Copyright © 2018 Fantasyboy69; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 60
  • Love 24
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Now, after such a sweet time together, the wait will be long... How ever will they manage? But it's perhaps the best decision, since being apart when mated would tear them to pieces. So time for a new hooby? To take the mind off waiting...? 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Puppilull said:

Now, after such a sweet time together, the wait will be long... How ever will they manage? But it's perhaps the best decision, since being apart when mated would tear them to pieces. So time for a new hooby? To take the mind off waiting...? 

Actually, author privilege of passing time quickly. There are many ways to write it up, but honestly, there is very little that would happen during the time that was not normal life. Sometimes I have to remember that colossal events don't happen every day.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

So happy that Victoria is taking this so well and they are all being grown-ups about all of this.  Really like the dinner over at Alpha Goldie's, it gave another side to Kao that we had not seen. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Victoria, Kao and Dean are so much more than accepting and adult about this situation.  They care for each other and understand that by setting up just one boundary, that their friendship and trust will grow.  The time Dean and Kao spent together just reinforces that feeling that Dean and Kao are true mates for life.  I liked the added dimension of seeing Kao thru the eyes of Alice.  I wonder who Alice's father is?  Jon, Patrick or someone else.  At first, it seemed that the mating was to be after Victoria was told, and I felt that delaying it was a bad sign.  Then I remembered how Jon and Patrick spent most of their time after they first mated.  I realized that Kao would probably not graduate if he spent most of his time in a perpetual state of horny distraction thinking about Dean instead of his studies.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..