Jump to content
    Frostina
  • Author
  • 1,008 Words
  • 1,398 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Trying to... - 6. Trying to Pretend

Prompt #43. For everyone who wanted more of Scott/Ty.

Her laugh broke the silence. It had stretched for... minutes... hours probably? Scott couldn’t bring himself to say even “Hello” when faced with those wide shocked eyes of Tyler.

‘Dad, are you going to ever let him in?’ A blond head appeared from behind Tyler, the voice drawing Scott’s eyes away.

‘No,’ Tyler shook his head, smiling at the girl. Turing to the man still standing on the doorway, he gave a small smile. ‘Come in, Scott.’

‘Scott?’ The girl smiled; the bright eyes and the happy smile almost seemed to light up the dark. Scott found himself smiling at her.

‘Hi,’ he said, extending a hand to that she promptly shook. ‘And you are?’

‘This is Eleonora,’ Scott could hear the pride Tyler’s voice as he made introductions, ‘my daughter.’

‘Eli, DAD!’ She shot her father an exasperated look and turned back to Scott with a smile. ‘No one calls me Eleonora.’

They moved to the drawing room, where the awkward silence seemed to engulf them once again.

‘Can I get you anything to drink?’

‘No thanks, Eli.’

‘Okay then, Dad, I’m leaving now.’ Eli moved towards Tyler who was standing in the entrance of the room still, as far as he could without actually being out of the room.

Tyler nodded, ‘You have your phone with you?’

‘Yes, Dad!’ She stood on tiptoe and kissed her father and turned to wave at Scott. ‘See you later, Scott.’ And with that, she was gone.

Scott didn’t know where to begin, as a matter of fact, he had no idea what was it that he wanted to begin talking about. His mind was screaming “why” over and over.

Why did he hide the fact that he has a daughter?

Why did he say he can’t?

Why can’t he?

Why won’t he talk to me?

Why does he have to look so fucking adorable even when confused?

He watched Tyler shift from foot to foot, still perched under the archway; not moving. The way he was nibbling at his bottom lip brought up a fierce protectiveness in Scott.

‘Why are you torturing the poor thing?’ Scott shocked both of them as he thought out loud.

Tyler’s eyes widened, ‘What?’

‘Uh,’ Scott broke eye contact and looked around the room trying to buy some time. ‘Please, come sit here, Ty. I just have a few things to…’ he trailed off as he turned; Tyler was closer than he’d thought, ‘…know.’

‘I know,’ Tyler nodded, taking a seat as far from Scott as possible. He looked down at the coffee table and shrugged. ‘What would you want to know?’

‘Why?’ Scott’s voice was low.

‘Haven’t you figured it out already?’

The look on Tyler’s face propelled Scott to move from his seat on the sofa and kneel next to the recliner, beside Ty. The whispered words but broke his heart.

‘Ty, there are a lot of things I’d like to know besides the obvious!’ He placed his hand on Tyler’s knee and squeezed gently. Tyler moved his head to look at it. ‘Look at me, please?’ A slight movement of the head, something between a shake and a nod; Scott didn’t know what to make of it. So, he just hooked his finger under Tyler’s chin and turned his face so that they were looking in the other’s eye.

Scared, sad and apprehensive brown eyes met the sad yet hopeful green ones of Scott; searching, trying to communicate. Scott was at a loss of words at the sight of those expressive eyes glistening.

‘Ty?’ It was more of a croak than a word; Scott cleared his throat and sat back down on his knees, distancing himself a little. At Tyler’s nod, he continued, ‘Is it just because of Eli, or is there something…’ he saw Tyler stiffen and he almost choked, but he needed to know. Scott took a deep breath and took the plunge, ‘someone I need to know about?’

‘What?’ Tyler jerked back, his eyes wide, shaking his head. ‘No, no!’

‘Why, then?’ no matter how hard he tried, Scott couldn’t quite get rid of the frown; did Tyler really think…

‘Scott, it’s been over twelve years,’ Tyler’s voice was barely a whisper; Scott could see the silent plea in his eyes. ‘I haven’t…’ He looked away, but a soft squeeze on the knee and his eyes returned to the hand that hadn’t left its perch and then back to its owner. He took a deep breath, ‘I haven’t dated anyone since Eli was born; I have no idea what to do. I have been just a father for far too long, Scott. I don’t know how to be anyone else. I don’t want to be…’

‘Shhhhh,’ Scott wrapped his arms around the trembling figure on the recliner, effectively stopping his babble mid-way. When he pulled away, he knew what he had to do for now; no matter how much his heart cried out directions otherwise.

‘Ty, I like you,’ He smiled, looking into the taller man’s eyes. ‘I mean, it’s quite obvious that I do. And I’m really hoping to keep you in my life.’ That got him a reaction from Tyler when the downcast eyes shot up to his. ‘If you’re not sure about the dating part, what do you say we forget the whole “kiss” incident?’ He chuckled, albeit ruefully. ‘Blame it on the crazy November rain or something. Please… don’t just cut me out of your life. I miss you, so does Mel.’

Scott hoped his voice was gentle and that his hurt didn’t show much. He didn’t want the gentle Ty to suffer guilt on top of the confusion; he had enough on his plate already.

Tyler looked at Scott for a long moment and finally nodded; smiling tentatively. ‘I’ll introduce you to Eli properly the next time. She has given me quite a bit of grief for not having called you back.’

‘Smart girl!’

‘Somewhat like Mel. Tell me, how is your sister?’

 

 

Tell me what you think.

**sighs**
Feedback? comments? pointers?
Copyright © 2011 Frostina; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Ooooohh Scott showed up at the house?!?! I can feel Ty's pulse racing. That was very bold, I'm glad he made the 1st move. I know it's flash fiction but you're killing me with these short chappy....Grrrrrrr! Me want more please!!!! :P

 

 

Link to comment
On 07/22/2011 11:13 AM, K.C. said:
Ooooohh Scott showed up at the house?!?! I can feel Ty's pulse racing. That was very bold, I'm glad he made the 1st move. I know it's flash fiction but you're killing me with these short chappy....Grrrrrrr! Me want more please!!!! :P

 

You have NO idea how much it means to me to know you like this story so much! ^_^:hug: thank you! and yes.. it was a bold move. I could almost SEE Ty shaking! but then again, we don't know how Scott managed to make that decision... yet! ;) More coming, soon! i promise. :)
Link to comment

Okay I had to stop and reread them all. Yes, I can do that.

 

I'm getting mounting questions as I wait for you to put this all together. Can't help it.

 

1) Who the hell is Sarah? Is she Eli's mother? Ty's wife? Ty's sister? Yes, you dropped the name and I'm still waiting to find an answer.

 

2) When is poor Scott going to catch a break here? People call me cruel for making Charlie wait for dates. Scott doesn't even get that option. The romantic in me is dying for this poor guy to get something going. His sister has been made a mute, he had to pick up her car, and life in general seems to keep sidelining him. I feel bad for the poor guy.

 

3) Where is Eli going? Sorry, I'm a busy body and want to know these things.

 

4) I know these are flash pieces you are doing from prompts to help you organize your ideas but you are killing me with the waits between them. :lol:.

 

Love you, Frosty, and can't wait for you go write some more. Fill this book you are writing up and don't take time to worry if you can do it, because we know you can. :)

Link to comment
On 07/22/2011 01:05 PM, comicfan said:
Okay I had to stop and reread them all. Yes, I can do that.

 

I'm getting mounting questions as I wait for you to put this all together. Can't help it.

 

1) Who the hell is Sarah? Is she Eli's mother? Ty's wife? Ty's sister? Yes, you dropped the name and I'm still waiting to find an answer.

 

2) When is poor Scott going to catch a break here? People call me cruel for making Charlie wait for dates. Scott doesn't even get that option. The romantic in me is dying for this poor guy to get something going. His sister has been made a mute, he had to pick up her car, and life in general seems to keep sidelining him. I feel bad for the poor guy.

 

3) Where is Eli going? Sorry, I'm a busy body and want to know these things.

 

4) I know these are flash pieces you are doing from prompts to help you organize your ideas but you are killing me with the waits between them. :lol:.

 

Love you, Frosty, and can't wait for you go write some more. Fill this book you are writing up and don't take time to worry if you can do it, because we know you can. :)

questions... questions... Patience, my dear reader! :lol: they will all be answered, i promise. :) I am tryna write as fast as i can, believe you me! :D and thanks to my Beta, i have a bunch of ideas!! so, i am getting there, and soon :) Hope you stay with me till then :D
Link to comment

Nicely done, this one. Trott: four, bi the way. Thought I'd put a cryptic reference in to fool everyone! But I do like the way you handle this conversation. These characters seem to be taking on a life of their own!

Link to comment
On 07/22/2011 08:07 PM, carringtonrj said:
Nicely done, this one. Trott: four, bi the way. Thought I'd put a cryptic reference in to fool everyone! But I do like the way you handle this conversation. These characters seem to be taking on a life of their own!
Yes! i did see that!
Link to comment

Awww ... so near and yet so much further away. You're killing me here! Here's a prompt to get you going ...

 

Prompt #99

Write a story, within the next twenty minutes. It must contain a girl called Eli, who goes to look after a woman called Mel for a couple of nights. Meanwhile the other two main characters conduct a dance of tentativeness until they finally fall into each other's arms.

 

Or not!!

Link to comment
On 07/23/2011 07:14 AM, Dannsar said:
Awww ... so near and yet so much further away. You're killing me here! Here's a prompt to get you going ...

 

Prompt #99

Write a story, within the next twenty minutes. It must contain a girl called Eli, who goes to look after a woman called Mel for a couple of nights. Meanwhile the other two main characters conduct a dance of tentativeness until they finally fall into each other's arms.

 

Or not!!

:P lol. If i do write that chapter, what fun would that be? Let's see what these two get on to, now. :P
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..