Jump to content

ROYGBV

   (4 reviews)
Sub-genres: Drama, General Romance

Roy didn't know that meeting Randy would be a turning point in his life. Or, that his life would never be the same.

Copyright © 2016 Geron Kees; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (3 members)

  • Action Packed 1
  • Addictive/Pacing 1
  • Characters 3
  • Chills 1
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 2
  • Feel-Good 3
  • Humor 3
  • Smoldering 1
  • Tearjerker 2
  • Unique 2
  • World Building 1

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 25,681 Words
    • 5,764 Views
    • 41 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

wenmale64

   9 of 9 members found this review helpful 9 / 9 members

I just realized that I never left a review on the contents page of this story.  This story is one of my favorite ones on the site.  It touches on many things that ring true to me and my past.  The development of the characters and the mood of the story seem real for the times. I feel the pain and the joy every time I read this story.  I absolutely love the ending and wish life could be that way for all.  This is a wonderful read and I highly recommend it if you need a lift to your spirits or just want to smile.

Response from the author:

Thanks for the reminder, that one reason friends are friends is that they often see the word in a similar light! :)

 

  • Like 6
  • Love 1
Link to review
raven1

· Edited by raven1

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

This enchanting story is worth reading many times.  I first read it on another site, but am overjoyed to be able to review it here on GA.  Changes come to us all as they have with Roy and Randy.  Humans react to change in many ways, and how they deal with change is important.  The story has many excellent lessons for all centered around how these two teens and some friends deal with the changes.  It left me feeling warm and hopeful for the future.  A feeling all of us need to feel daily.  

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to review
ReaderPaul

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

I have read this story several times over the years, and I see something every time I had missed.  It has lots of messages about live and living that I can't say here or give spoilers to the story.  Suffice it to say it is a story worth reading and thinking about as Roy and Randy live and learn about themselves, life, love, and much more.

Response from the author:

I'm always happy to learn that stories I wrote when I was just starting out still appeal. Thanks for reminding me that maybe I should also revisit my own roots now and then! :)

 

  • Love 4
Link to review
KrisK

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

This story was so cool on so many levels. Probably what I was most impressed by was the way in which Geron took some very difficult and sensitive topics and wove them seamlessly into this story in such a way as to appear natural to the narrative, rather than seem like a lecture or a sermon. The story addressed hatred, violence, bullying, prejudice, power, injustice, intolerance, peer pressure, and probably a few more things I'm leaving out. And yet, amazingly, the story still felt mostly light-hearted, romantic, feel-good with even some humor mixed in! 

Here's one of my favorite excerpts from the story: 

"These were the colors of the visible spectrum, all the different wavelengths that made up the purity of white light. Many into one.

As an aside, Roy was struck by the irony of the idea of wearing the visible spectrum when he himself was invisible to those around him. It was worth a smile, at least."

It's just one example among many of the little gems of masterful prose that Geron drops into the narrative every now and then.

Finally, I thought Geron came up with a brilliant and truly inspired ending to the story. 

I highly recommend this one. Read it and see for yourself, you won't be disappointed.

These were the colors of the visible spectrum, all the different wavelengths that made up the purity of white light. Many into one.

As an aside, Roy was struck by the irony of the idea of wearing the visible spectrum when he himself was invisible to those around him. It was worth a smile, at least.

Response from the author:

It's always nice when something you've written strikes a bit of resonance with a reader. Thank you for the very nice review, and the warm feeling that came with it! :)

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..