Jump to content

The Charm 1. A Charmed Life

   (4 reviews)
Genres: General Fiction
Sub-genres: Drama

Life is tough when you're 13, and summer vacation is coming on, and then your best friend moves away. Your very best friend - your boyfriend. For Jesse, it seemed like the end of the world. But Jesse is about to have someone new enter his life - someone quite unlike anyone he has ever met.

Jesse is about to learn that sometimes what seems like unkind fate is actually - The Charm.

Reader's Note: This story contains overt sexual scenes between teens, and explicit language. If either of these things bother you, you probably should pass on this.
 
Copyright © 2016 Geron Kees; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (3 members)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 2
  • Characters 2
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 1
  • Feel-Good 1
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 2
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 1
  • World Building 0

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 14,528 Words
    • 5,433 Views
    • 21 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

raven1

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Oh to be that young.  I know if I had the opportunity at that age, I would have cherished the memory of all that youthful angst and passion.  I had to wait a while, because I was the one to move away and start again.   This is a well written story of youthful beginnings.  It is written with style and compassion.  It reminds you of your own transition from child to teenage exploration.  From your own private fort to your first discovery of emerging sexuality. The story realistically deals with this transition in a caring, reminiscing tale that displays the concerns and eagerness of the young.  Sex? Yes, but definitely not the point of the story.   

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to review
BooRadley

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

A lot of people are chicken to talk about stories like this, but this is such a good series!!!! It is about being young and growing up gay, and this is the first one. This series is funny and crazy and I wish growing up was this good for me!!!!

  • Like 3
Link to review
Gary L

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

never gt that far at 13 but fun memories.  Thanks

  • Like 3
Link to review
ReaderPaul

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

This is a story of discovery between two youthful guys.  Don't let the young ages fool you,  Guys can feel every one of the emotions and physical sensations that are described.  I know some guys who started some of their sexual exploration MUCH earlier than described in the story, and all of it consensual, as well.

As Jesse and Marty get to know each other, they are also now looking forward to other things, including more "personal interaction."  These types of interactions happen at differing ages to different persons, but all have an impact and leave a memory.  

Good work, Geron.

Response from the author:

The Charmed series was based on my own childhood growing up in a private inholding in the Adirondack Park. There are some embellishments to the series, some modernizing to the story, but a lot of it is 'what you see is what we got'. :)

Thanks!

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..