Jump to content
    Greg_A
  • Author
  • 1,768 Words
  • 966 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Greg's Rambling Prompts - 7. Prompt 550 - There is no way I'm wearing that!

“There is no way I’m wearing that!” I growled, glaring at Alex.

“Why not?” Alex asked with a grin on his face letting me know he knew perfectly well why not. “I know you normally like blue, but I thought you’d look good in green. Well, green and black.”

“The color is not the point,” I hissed with my teeth clenched. “I’m not wearing that thing!”

“Why?” Alex asked again, his voice getting a little defensive. “What’s wrong with it?”

“It’s. A. Fucking. SPEEDO!” I growled, each word getting louder until I was shouting. “I’m not going out in public wearing a fucking Speedo!”

“Ahh, c’mon Zach,” Alex answered in his most placating voice. “I think you’d look really good. And there’s no one here. The lake is always dead thru the week and especially this late in September. You’re not really in public so no one is going to see you anyway.”

“We are too in public!” I shouted. “Anyone at all could drive up to this cove.”

“That’s why I left the car blocking the entrance Zach,” Alex answered in his ‘patient’ voice. “Anyone driving by will see we already laid claim to this spot and will drive on. But so what if they did stop? What are they going to see? A guy swimming in – shockers! A swim suit.”

“It’s not a swim suit, it’s a fucking Speedo!” I growled, repeating myself once again. Alex’s calm demeanor was really beginning to irritate me and I knew it wouldn’t take too much more before I lost my temper completely. Never a good thing – me losing my temper. I tend to babble when I get really mad, and I tend to lose track of what language I’m speaking. And that always just confuses the hell out of Alex. On my more charitable days I have to admit that it isn’t exactly fair if Alex can’t tell what I’m yelling at him.

I took a deep breath to try and calm my temper and only marginally succeeded. “Alex you know I would never wear something like that,” I tried to say calmly but still managed to sound like an angry bear growling. “What the hell were you thinking when you bought that? Don’t answer that! You weren’t. You were just letting your dick think for you.”

The instant change in Alex’s demeanor shocked me. I watched stunned as his shoulders slumped and he dropped his head staring at the ground. He was quiet for a few moments and then he slid down to sit on the ground with his back resting against the car. He just sat there, not saying a word. And still he wouldn’t look up at me which frankly was beginning to scare me.

“I’m sorry Zach,” he finally muttered so softly I could barely hear him. “I just wanted…” he trailed off, the sound in his voice nearly breaking my heart.

“What did you want?” I asked softly, sitting down next to him. “Talk to me Alex,” I urged him.

“This week is your vacation,” Alex answered softly, finally glancing up at me, his eyes watery. “I wanted to… I don’t know. Do something special. Something just for you. Take you away and give you a good time. Some exotic beach maybe. You’ve been working so hard and you deserve a break. A real vacation away from…from everything!”

Alex sighed, sounding defeated. “But we don’t have the money for that. The best I could do was take you to the lake. I thought, well, maybe we could lounge around and get some sun. Have a picnic – I packed us some sandwiches and stuff. I know it’s lame Zach, you deserve so much more, but I thought we could pretend it was a real beach. Go swimming and have a little fun. And to do that you’d need a suit so I bought you one. But it’s late in the year and this was the only one I could find. I’m sorry I fucked up.”

“Oh Alex,” I murmured, feeling like my heart had just been torn out of my chest. How this wonderful man could take me from being infuriated to standing in complete awe in just seconds amazed and humbled me. “You didn’t fuck up. I did. You didn’t have to do any of this for me. Every day with you is special.”

“Oh c’mon Zach,” Alex protested. “How special can it be? You work all day and come home just to work and worry over how we are going to make it to the next payday. I got the degree and the only job I can get is that crap job at the store. You make twice what I do – how can you not resent me? I can’t even give you one fucking day of fun!” Alex finished, punching the ground in frustration.

“Alex, stop it!” I said, grabbing his hands to get his attention. “Yes, I stress over…well, ok I stress over everything!” I finished giving him a wry grin. “You knew from the beginning I was high maintenance,” I continued making his lips twitch slightly in a momentary smile. “So yes, I worry over my job. And I worry over our money and how we are going to pay the bills. And I worry over whether the roof will spring a leak or the car will break down. And yes, I get scared sometimes. But when I come home and you pull me into your arms you make me feel safe. You give me a single kiss and I feel wanted. You look me in the eye and I can see you love me. You give me a smile and I remember that I can still have fun. Alex, you are everything to me. You make me feel special and I wouldn’t trade a single moment for anything!”

“Ahh Zachie-bear,” Alex murmured as he rested his forehead against mine. “I love you,” he finally continued after a few minutes, his voice sounding a little thick. “But if you make me cry I’m gonna have to tickle the hell out of you!” Alex finished, his voice beginning to recapture a little of his normal impish nature.

I grinned at him as I helped pull him up off the ground and heard his stomach growl. “And you call me a bear!” I teased getting the closest I could get of a blush from him. “Is it time to feed the beast inside you already?” I continued, grinning at him.

“Hell yeah,” Alex promptly answered. “It’s been at least 10 minutes since I last ate!” he continued, turning to grab the cooler he had packed. “Maybe we can salvage something here and at least have that picnic,” Alex rambled as he sorted thru the contents oblivious to the rest of the world. “The sandwiches are only peanut butter and jelly. I figured even I couldn’t screw that up. But I bought some chips and several cans of soda. And I’ve got cookies too. We can eat by the shore and still enjoy the water even if we don’t take a swim,” Alex finished, turning towards me with his hands full.

“Who says we aren’t going for a swim?” I asked him as I finished pulling on my new swim suit and vainly tried to ignore just how exposed I felt wearing what was basically a tiny scrap of cloth. I had handkerchiefs that were larger! And I was definitely keeping my brain away from the fact that I had actually stripped while I was outside in order to put the suit on. Yes, I was definitely keeping my brain far, far away from that!

Alex’s mouth dropped in astonishment when he finally caught site of me and he actually dropped the cooler he was holding. Fortunately he had put the lid back on so he didn’t spill anything, but our sodas were going to be extra fizzy. “Fucking Shit!” Alex finally stammered after what only felt like a couple years of staring at me. “Zach, you look….”

I felt myself blushing furiously under Alex’s intense scrutiny. “I know,” I stammered, interrupting Alex before he could finish. “Now stop staring at me. I already know I look ridiculous…”

“Ridiculously hot!” Alex interjected, stalking slowly towards me with an almost feral look in his eye.

“Oh stop it,” I answered while rolling my eyes. “You’ve got blinders on when it comes to me. Now stop making me feel like a hunk of meat being waived in front of a starving wolf!”

Alex quickly grabbed me, pulling me into his chest and wrapping his arms tightly around me. He then raised his head and howled loudly, trying his best to sound like a wolf. “Wolf man wants to maul his Zachie-bear!” Alex growled huskily, and then proceeded to nibble and kiss me to within an inch of my life.

After a few minutes of being mauled, and Alex showing no signs of slowing down, I figured I better remind my better half that we were still in public before he got completely carried away. Considering the bulge he was pressing against me I knew he wasn’t too far away. “C’mon Wolf man,” I laughed as I took his hand and pulled him towards the water. “I think we need to take a swim and cool you down a little.” Alex followed me, but I could hear the rumbling in his chest as he unconsciously growled in frustration which made me smile all the more.

Later, with Alex holding me tightly in his arms, the water halfway up our chests, I rested my head against his shoulder. “Do we have any plans for tomorrow?” I asked quietly, tracing my fingers lightly over his arms. I could feel Alex’s slight shiver at my finger’s feather light touch and couldn’t help grinning as I felt him involuntarily pressing into me again. Even with the cool water washing over him Alex was still rock hard.

“Nope, we can do anything you want,” Alex answered huskily.

“Good. Let’s come back out here again tomorrow and go swimming again.”

“All right,” Alex agreed, smiling at me. “Maybe we can stop by Goodwill and get you some jeans we can turn into cutoffs for you to swim in. I should have thought of that to begin with.”

“Fuck that!” I growled, giving him a fake scowl. “I’m wearing my new suit.” I paused, watching as the surprise and confusion swept over his face. After several more seconds I grinned. “I really like how frisky it makes you!”

Copyright © 2017 Greg_A; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

A really charming little piece. It warms my heart, and makes me want to know these two. Thanks for letting us into their lives.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 01/26/2017 10:20 AM, Parker Owens said:

A really charming little piece. It warms my heart, and makes me want to know these two. Thanks for letting us into their lives.

Thanks Parker - appreciate it! And I'm really glad you enjoyed it!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 01/26/2017 09:15 AM, northie said:

Sweet, funny, romantic and it made me grin. :)

Grinning is good for you - and it makes people wonder what you are up to!!! I'm glad you like the story - I appreciate you letting me know.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I was so happy when I got a notification that "Greg_A posted a story" :)
A very entertaining, warm and funny story. It's so nice to read more about these two guys :) They do belong togethter -_- Poor Zachie-bear, that Alex is not to be trusted completly ! :funny:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 01/28/2017 06:42 AM, Slytherin said:

I was so happy when I got a notification that "Greg_A posted a story" :)

A very entertaining, warm and funny story. It's so nice to read more about these two guys :) They do belong togethter -_- Poor Zachie-bear, that Alex is not to be trusted completly ! :funny:

Ahh thanks LBO! You always make me smile!

 

Wolf-man probably shouldn't be trusted, but he does give nice tummy rubs!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..