Jump to content
    Hamen Cheese
  • Author
  • 408 Words
  • 14,238 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Charlie - Prologue. A Message from the Author

A Message from the Author

What you are about to read is the result of my desire to read something different. Yes, this story was actually born because I wanted something fresh, something with a theme or plot I hadn’t read before. When I couldn’t find that story I was looking for, I decided to write it. That desire to read gave birth to my writing Charlie.

This is not an out of this world story (though you may encounter some out of this world characters – and no, I don’t mean extra-terrestrials). The setting is quite real unlike my last novel, the fantasy story Adamagika: The Spirit Within. Although this is a novel length story, it won’t be anywhere close to the same length as Adamagika. It was actually more of a short story that grew into a novel.

Now what kind of story is it? Primarily, it is mostly a comedy. Yes, I prefer to write things that will make people happy. There is enough sadness in the world that writing a sad story would feel like a disservice on my part. That does not mean there will be no sorrow in the story. In fact, there will be. This story cannot exist without it. There will be dark moments and dark issues covered though perhaps not in the way you may think of them. The situations presented are not meant to belittle serious real life issues. It is simply the way things turned out in this world.

Be assured though that I always end my stories in a happy or hopeful note.

The story is divided into four parts with multiple chapters each. They represent different phases in the narrator’s life. They are there to provide clear markers of significant changes in the narrator’s life. You will see him at his best and at his worst. You will sometimes love him, sometimes hate him, and maybe, just maybe, you will sometimes feel sorry for him.

I hope though that in the end you will enjoy this story. It is fundamentally a story of friendship and brotherhood (a tag I realized does not exist on GA). It is a story of that special bond that ties brothers beyond blood. It is a story of making mistakes and forgiving them. But most of all, it is a story of learning and of making the right decisions before it is too late.

Yours truly,

Hamen Cheese

This story is a work of fiction. It may contain some elements of a romantic relationship between two consenting teens. If reading such is offensive to you or illegal in your location, do not read further. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author reserves the right to distribute this story.
  • Like 9
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..