Jump to content
    Headstall
  • Author
  • 2,962 Words
  • 7,372 Views
  • 38 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Cards on the Table - 32. Chapter 32 Four of a Kind

Four of a kind beats two pair.

Cards on the Table

 

 

Chapter 32

 

 

The time spent driving home from the stone house of their dreams was a combination of excitement and planning. Everyone was talking at once about the virtues of what they had just seen. It was the first time Arron had viewed it, and he had the same positive reaction his friends did. The only real downside of the situation was the asking price. Michael, Arron, and Chet were all of the opinion that it was well worth the full amount, and Kendall agreed, but remained firm on trying for a better deal. He reminded Chet he’d been of the opinion that the owners may be flexible because it was sitting vacant.

Once the excitement part died down, the planning took effect, and Michael slowly came on board with the approach he wanted to pursue. As Kendall pointed out, they had good bargaining power if they went in with no conditions. He had talked with their bank, and the financial part was in order, so they wouldn’t have that as one. Another question was whether they could forego the house inspection clause since Chet knew the house inside out. Without hesitation, Chet said he was positive an inspection would reveal nothing, because his firm’s go-to contractors had checked out the Huntley place from top to bottom before he drew up his architectural plans for the clients. That included a structural engineer, electrician, and roofing and plumbing experts. He guaranteed them every aspect of the house was up to code. That endorsement was good enough for Kendall, and Michael confirmed his agreement.

The only thing remaining was the closing date… Chet was fairly certain the sellers would give some ground for an early one. After a bit of discussion, Michael and Kendall decided they could do as early as January fifteenth, giving them a month and a half to arrange everything; Their final month's rent was already paid so they would have to swallow two weeks of rent because the lease wasn’t up on their apartment until March first. The best thing was, if they gave it immediately, they wouldn’t be penalized for insufficient notice.

“How much do you want to offer, Ace?” All was quiet as Kendall, in the rear seat with Michael, waited for his answer.

“I don’t know… I think maybe $635,000--$640,000 would be pretty reasonable to start with? Is that too high, maybe? We don’t want to insult them. What do you think?”

“$630,000 to start, with no conditions and a quick closing, but let them ask for the quick closing, and then we will reluctantly agree to it. That’s what I’m thinking.”

His confidence had Michael concurring immediately. “Okay… I think that sounds like a good plan. How far should we go up, if they play hardball?”

“We’re not going to lose this house,” Kendall assured him as he leaned in for a quick kiss. “What’s your opinion, guys?” he asked the men up front.

Arron responded with, “I’d say it’s worth a shot.” He looked over at Chet for his take on it.

Chet let out a deep breath. “Normally, I’d say that was too low a number to start with, but this couple kind of jumped the gun on the new place they bought; it was a spur of the moment reaction to being disappointed they couldn’t go ahead with their plans. So, with it being winter and close to Christmas, which can be slow for real estate, and the fact they are carrying two houses, I agree with Arron. I have little doubt you’ve got the right idea, Kendall. I think it’s worth a shot, too… so I say try it, and see what happens.”

“Okay, we have our plan then,” Kendall said to the whole car, while his eyes never left his partner. “We’ll contact the listing agent as soon as we get home. Okay, Ace?”

“The sooner the better. I'm really stoked."

"Me too."

Talk returned to details of the house, with everyone commenting on the unusual but beautiful granite in the kitchen. It was a scene stealer, for sure. Arron was enamored of the gas range, while Chet raved about the period details, such as the four corner built-ins in the front parlor, a feature he deemed quite unusual in a special way. Mid-conversation, Chet’s cell phone rang and he pulled over immediately.

“It’s the Huntleys," he blurted out quickly. "Should I say anything?"

Kendall took charge, given the need to make a decision. “Go ahead. We trust you to talk on our behalf. This may be the best way to approach things, seeing as how they’re calling you.” He nodded encouragingly, and Michael did the same.

Chet nodded back before answering the call, motioning them all to stay silent. The car was dead-quiet as they listened to Chet talk to Richard Huntley. It was easy to figure out both sides of the conversation. He informed the owner that while the prospective buyers liked the house, they felt the price was a little too steep for them to manage, and they had some concerns about the amount of work needing to be done in the back section. It was impressive to watch the man as he played it cool. When he asked if the Huntleys would entertain an offer of $630,000, Kendall held his breath. It was quickly obvious the answer was negative, and he squeezed the hell out of Michael’s hand. His partner didn’t flinch as he listened intently to the conversation going on in front of him.

The owner’s less-than-favorable response just seemed to spur Chet on, and he went to work on his friends’ behalf. First he mentioned that the offer would be unconditional… firm from the get-go. He also said he had convinced them a house inspection wasn't required. That seemed to have a bit of sway with Richard. He then suggested that the prospective buyers might be conducive to an early closing, and brought up February fifteenth as a possibility, turning and winking at Kendall and Michael. When Chet was asked to hang on for a minute, he smiled and gave the guys a thumbs-up. It seemed like an eternity before the seller came back on the line with a counter-proposal, saying they would do a deal for $640,000 and a closing date of February first. Chet cautioned him that ‘these people’ were unlikely to go that high from what he’d heard them say, but he would let them know, and get back to Richard.

Ending the call, Chet beamed a brilliant smile at the pair in the back seat. “So, how did that sound to you guys?”

“Holy fuck, you were amazing,” Michael gushed. “I’d say that’s a hell of a deal. What about you, Babe?”

Kendall laughed at Michael’s exuberance. “It sounds like a great deal to me as well, but I don’t think Chet’s done yet… are you, Chet?”

“Nope, just say the word, and I’ll get back to work.” He grinned at his partner before turning back to Kendall and Michael. “This is fun,” he said with a laugh. “Maybe I’ll become a real estate agent on the side.”

“So is $635,000 doable, do you think?” Kendall was enjoying this too. His excitement was climbing as he could feel them nearing their goal. He gave his partner’s hand another squeeze, and was met with the same eager grip.

“Yeah, I got the impression it could very well be, if we let him wait a bit longer, and offer him the January closing. He sounded pretty excited, and like you said, he called me. I think they’re a little anxious… they’re rich as hell, but carrying two places must be rough on the nerves. They could be over-extended for all we know. So what do you say? Is that the plan?”

“Damn right. If you pull this off, I will kiss you,” Michael joked.

The response from Arron was immediate. “Like hell you will. Nobody does that but me, right, green eyes?”

“Right, Wolf,” Chet joined Michael and Kendall in full-out laughter, and Arron looked a little sheepish.

“I never knew you were such a firecracker,” Kendall teased him. “Trust me, Michael was just kidding. He knows if he kisses anyone else, I’ll cut his nuts off with a rusty saw, right, Ace?”

“Right. And something tells me Chet here, would suffer a similar fate."

Arron grinned. “Count on it,” he said to his partner. “I’ll admit, I’m a jealous man when it comes to this guy, but just look at him.” Arron’s compliment made Chet blush adorably, and this time all four of them ended up laughing.

They drove down to an actual parking lot before returning the seller’s call. Chet played it beautifully, telling Richard that his acquaintances, as he called them, would only come up to $635,000, but they would move up the closing to January fifteenth. The response was almost immediate. After a quick consultation with someone in the background, Richard said they had a deal, but he needed the offer signed and presented that weekend. That meant they would have to go straight to the listing agent’s office, as it was now well into the afternoon. Obviously the Huntleys were anxious for it to be over with, which was more than fine with Kendall and Michael.

Chet confirmed the deal and hung up, accepting accolades with a mildly embarrassed grace as they thanked him profusely. Michael joked that since he couldn't kiss him, was he allowed to shake his hand? Arron smugly told him that would be okay, amid happy ribbing from the group.

They had their house, and knew it was a great deal. The owners had called the agent, and he was waiting for them at his Markham office, and in no time at all the offer sheet was completed. The Huntleys arrived at the office shortly after they did, to sign their accepted offer back to them, so Michael and Kendall left with their papers in hand after shaking hands with the pleased-looking sellers. They were astonished by how quickly it had all happened, but Kendall didn’t feel overwhelmed like he thought he might. He just felt relief because this dream house was theirs. Now they just needed to hire a lawyer, and make a visit to their bank.

 

They proceeded to Arron and Chet’s place to celebrate. When Arron offered to cook chicken stir-fry, Chet insisted they take him up on it, saying the dish was his favorite, and bragging about the cooking skills his partner possessed. Arron, standing behind him, rolled his eyes at the praise.

They were soon taken on a tour of the house and saw for themselves why Chet was in love with it. It was a stunning home, oozing charm and quality in every detail. It made Kendall all the more sure they did the right thing in buying their own vintage home. Every time he thought of it, this incredible joy bubbled up in his chest… they didn’t just have a house… they had a house that could hold its own against anything else out there. It was truly special. Kendall finally understood ‘pride of ownership’, and in the middle of the tour, he wrapped his arms around Michael and squeezed him tight. The emotion of the day had gotten to him, and he knew his guy understood that as he squeezed him back in a tight embrace.

“I know what you’re feeling, Babe. I feel it too. It’s almost too good to be true, isn’t it?”

“I just feel so fucking lucky. When I think back to a few months ago, I can’t believe where we are now. We have the perfect house to raise our family in.” He buried his face deep in Michael’s neck, and held on, slowly coming back down to earth.

Kendall could hear Chet and Arron talking softly behind them.

“Do you two need a room?” Chet queried with a huge smile on his face. “We could leave you guys alone for a while if you want?”

“Fuck off, Chet,” Kendall answered, laughing. “We were having a moment.”

“We could see that.” He smiled, and then got a little serious. “We get it, right, Wolfie?”

“Yes, we do. It was a hell of a day, and you guys come out big winners, and it all happened so fast. We’re really happy for you. Chet kept telling me this Huntley place was the perfect house for you, and how he could picture you guys there. It turns out he was absolutely right. It is the house for you. We watched your reactions to the house, and I knew there be no walking away from something so special. Hell, we barely had the car stopped, and you two were out and walking up the driveway in total awe of the place. That’s the way it should be… the way you should feel. It’s like it was sitting there waiting just for you.” Arron looked a little embarrassed at his speech.

“Group hug,” Michael called, and with laughter and a few tears, these four friends further cemented their bond in an act of celebration.

“And now, to the kitchen, where my handsome partner will perform his magic.” Chet broke the hug. “I don’t know about you guys but I’m damn near starving.”

“See what he keeps me around for?” Arron complained with a pout. “All I am is his kitchen wench, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he chains me in there someday. It’s all about his appetite, guys. Don’t you feel sorry for me?”

Michael spoke up. “Well, if you’re going to be chained in there, could you give Kendall those cooking lessons you offered before? He could use the help.” Michael ducked away from Kendall’s playful punch.

“Wolfman, trust me… if I chain you anywhere, it will be our room. You’re a great cook, but the bedroom is where your real talent lies,” Chet teased, doing his best Groucho Marx imitation.

Arron turned a scarlet shade of red and took off for the kitchen, mumbling something about payback. He was followed by peals of laughter from the other three. Kendall and Michael watched with smiles on their faces as a happy Chet followed Arron, and wrapped him in his arms, planting little kisses over his face before latching on to his lips. They could hear Chet murmuring, but left them alone for their own little moment.

Dinner was delicious, and the four men enjoyed each others' company immensely. Kendall actually ended up asking Arron for some pointers and recipes so he could become more adept at cooking, much to an animated Michael’s delight. The conversation flowed as they covered a variety of topics. More and more, Kendall considered these two friends of theirs as good potential choices for godparents of their child. These were kind, responsible, and loving people who were very open about their commitment to one another.

Dinner wound down, and a tiredness washed over Kendall. It had been a tough couple of days, and today had been monumental in the thrill and satisfaction of it. The continual banter had started to slow and he could see the weariness overtaking his partner as well. It was Arron who brought attention to it.

“You guys look exhausted. Do you want to pack it in for today? No need to be polite if you want us to take you home so you can get some rest.” Arron’s hand was clasped in Chet’s on the tabletop between them.

“I don’t want to be rude, but you’re right. I am tired. What about you, Sunshine?”

“Oh, Babe, I so need a nap, and we have phone calls to make to our parents, about the baby and the house, and all I want to do is snuggle up with you for a week. You wore me out last night."

It was now Kendall’s turn to blush, but he was intent on turning the tables on his partner. “Hey, you were the one who was poking me awake in the middle of the night, so don’t blame me."

“I wasn’t blaming you... just thanking you,” Michael’s heavy eyes still managed to sparkle with adoration.

Chet laughed and said, “You guys are so cute when you do that… it’s like there’s no one else in the world when you talk to one another.”

Two sets of eyes turned to the man, but it was Kendall who spoke. “Seriously, that’s the pot calling the kettle black. From what I can see, you and Arron lose yourselves in each other all day long. You’re just as bad as we are… or is that as good as we are?” he pondered in amusement.

“Definitely ‘as good as,’ I'd say.” Chet answered. "We are four lucky men, and I hope we’re all friends for a very long time. Now let’s get your pathetic asses home before Michael’s head ends up on the table.”

Michael gave another sleepy grin, “Kendall told me you were a stand-up guy, Chet, when you were looking out for him, and he was right. I already knew you were a great guy Arron, and seeing you two together… well I couldn’t imagine having better friends. Anytime you need us, we’re there for you. I just know we’re going to be friends for life. Thanks for today, and for Wednesday night.”

Chet raised his water glass in toast. “Friends for life,” he pledged in an emotion-laden voice, and they all joined him, enjoying this moment of true closeness.

“Just one more thing, before you take our pathetic asses home,” Michael looked very serious. “Wasn’t that a homemade apple pie I saw out on the counter in the kitchen?”

Many thanks to Lightning Tim, Robin to my Batman. I've had a tough week. Thank you all for your support. This chapter was meant to be longer, but I decided to post what I had, and give myself another week to regroup. Feel free to join a great group of people in the COTT forum:
www.gayauthors.org/forums/topic/39932-cards-on-the-table-by-headstall/
Copyright © 2017 Headstall; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 60
  • Love 20
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



They have a baby on the way, great friends and now a home to raise their family. They have had a stressful week, but things are really looking up for them.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

I like where both couples are right now. I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything goes as planned.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 07/13/2015 10:01 AM, EagleIsaac said:

They have a baby on the way, great friends and now a home to raise their family. They have had a stressful week, but things are really looking up for them.

Thanks for reviewing, Eagle... it means a lot. I think it's very important they are building a close friendship with Chet and Arron. They have been in a bit of a cocoon while they settled in to their relationship... but friendships are necessary for balance. They have been important in C and A's getting together ( in a roundabout way) and C and A have been involved in the Lanny/baby deal and the new house. They share a lot already... and I think that's a good thing. Thinks, as you say, really are looking up... cheers... Gary

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 07/13/2015 11:59 AM, avidreadr said:

I like where both couples are right now. I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything goes as planned.

Thanks for the review, avidreadr. You just never know what could happen, but I'll keep my fingers crossed with you. As couples, they have found what they were looking for, and are well and truly matched. It's really nice that they found friends that are of a like mind. Thanks for your support... cheers... Gary...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 07/13/2015 12:12 PM, flamingo136 said:

This chapter makes my insides smile.....happy dance time........ :thumbup: Mike

Thank you, Mike. What a nice sentiment. This review makes me smile... enjoy your happy dance lol... As you know by now, I really appreciate the review... cheers... Gary...

  • Like 2
Link to comment

A wonderful chapter which only goes to show how much good friends can make your life even better. The four guys have found trusted companions in each other, and extended soul-mates in my opinion.
Lots of calls to make as the guys said, and I can't wait for their parents to see the new house--I'm sure Mr. Aceto will love it and want to jump into the addition right away. :)
As for the baby bit--that's gong to be some fireworks, I bet!
More please, G-Man!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

It's wonderful watching as these four guys establish themselves as couples ... A/C have settled into Aaron's family home and now M&K have one too.
We knew Chet was a bit devilish and determined. He seemed to thoroughly enjoy his chance to negotiate for his friends. He wanted them to have that house because is was meant to be.
The both sets parents are going to be thrilled with the news about the house. I think Carson is going be peeved that he isn't well enough or near enough to help with anything and everything that needs done. I predict an early spring visit. The Acetos will be there on moving day and any time the guys need help.
And then the baby news will put the two grandmas over the moon. Candy best take exceptional care while she's pregnant because she's no match for the moms. Who will have no qualms in bringing her to heel. Their scorn will only be held in check because of the baby she carries.
Life has been a bit of a whirlwind but normalcy is establishing itself. Nice chapter ...

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

This was such a heartwarming chapter. These guys really are four of a kind aren't they. Their relationship is so great, the kind of friends that you actually want to have.
Now that the house is theirs, that's one more thing in place. I'm sure the parents will be just as thrilled with their choice of home! Can't wait for those reactions!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Four of a kind, yeah, that's what they are. Four honest, romantic, hot, strong guys with healthy appetites on life. You know I'm more pleased for Chet than anyone else, he was so lonely and desperate for friends and a partner and he deserved the best for his honorable behavior when he got to know Kendall. I'm glad Michael acknowledges that once more, and I'm thrilled Chet's vision of M&K in the vintage house will come true.
Over here it's quite normal to overlap by two to four weeks when moving from an apartment to a house, particularly if you need to paint and clean and perhaps buy curtains and furniture and stuff. The expense of extra rent is well worth is, also because getting your belongings moved can be cheaper if it's not around the 1st.
So how far is the stone house from Chet and Arron's place ? I noticed it was close to the place Michael's dad worked, so I get the feeling we'll have Colleen popping in to mind the baby regularly, LOL. How is the 'paternity' leave struvtured in Canada, Gary?

  • Love 2
Link to comment

It's not hard to guess who're going to be the godfathers! It's like they are meant to be close after all that happened, even if I have to say Arron's jealousy irritates me a bit. Well, nobody is perfect and Chet doesn't have the tendency to flirt around. I just hope it's not going to lead into jealous paranoia, I don't wish that to anyone, least of all to our adorable Chet. Can't wait to hear how announcing The News is going to go.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 07/13/2015 01:36 PM, ColumbusGuy said:

A wonderful chapter which only goes to show how much good friends can make your life even better. The four guys have found trusted companions in each other, and extended soul-mates in my opinion.

Lots of calls to make as the guys said, and I can't wait for their parents to see the new house--I'm sure Mr. Aceto will love it and want to jump into the addition right away. :)

As for the baby bit--that's gong to be some fireworks, I bet!

More please, G-Man!

I'm glad you liked it, CG. I think we are seeing a tight group being formed. They are all really great guys, and we all need friends to lean on and talk to. For sure, all the parents are going to be happy... remember the conversation about grandchildren, between Colleen and Big Mike as they watched the boys leave from their living room window? Thanks for a great review, Buddy... cheers... Gary...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 07/13/2015 08:33 PM, dughlas said:

It's wonderful watching as these four guys establish themselves as couples ... A/C have settled into Aaron's family home and now M&K have one too.

We knew Chet was a bit devilish and determined. He seemed to thoroughly enjoy his chance to negotiate for his friends. He wanted them to have that house because is was meant to be.

The both sets parents are going to be thrilled with the news about the house. I think Carson is going be peeved that he isn't well enough or near enough to help with anything and everything that needs done. I predict an early spring visit. The Acetos will be there on moving day and any time the guys need help.

And then the baby news will put the two grandmas over the moon. Candy best take exceptional care while she's pregnant because she's no match for the moms. Who will have no qualms in bringing her to heel. Their scorn will only be held in check because of the baby she carries.

Life has been a bit of a whirlwind but normalcy is establishing itself. Nice chapter ...

Thanks, dugh. I like all you said here, about this chapter. I really like showing A/C amd M/K developing a close friendship. Chet is still Chet... he is such a stand-up guy and he really wanted to help his friends get the perfect house. It would be more important to him because of how he feels about houses... it just seemed right that he be the one to seal the deal. Thanks for reviewing, Buddy... cheers... Gary...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 07/14/2015 12:11 AM, Defiance19 said:

This was such a heartwarming chapter. These guys really are four of a kind aren't they. Their relationship is so great, the kind of friends that you actually want to have.

Now that the house is theirs, that's one more thing in place. I'm sure the parents will be just as thrilled with their choice of home! Can't wait for those reactions!

The boys are on their way. As you said, it's one more thing in place as they build their lives together. The friendship with Chet and Arron is a big part of that...thanks for the great review... cheers... Gary...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 07/14/2015 02:00 AM, Timothy M. said:

Four of a kind, yeah, that's what they are. Four honest, romantic, hot, strong guys with healthy appetites on life. You know I'm more pleased for Chet than anyone else, he was so lonely and desperate for friends and a partner and he deserved the best for his honorable behavior when he got to know Kendall. I'm glad Michael acknowledges that once more, and I'm thrilled Chet's vision of M&K in the vintage house will come true.

Over here it's quite normal to overlap by two to four weeks when moving from an apartment to a house, particularly if you need to paint and clean and perhaps buy curtains and furniture and stuff. The expense of extra rent is well worth is, also because getting your belongings moved can be cheaper if it's not around the 1st.

So how far is the stone house from Chet and Arron's place ? I noticed it was close to the place Michael's dad worked, so I get the feeling we'll have Colleen popping in to mind the baby regularly, LOL. How is the 'paternity' leave struvtured in Canada, Gary?

I answered some of your questions in the forum. I love this review. I understand why you feel the way you do about Chet. I am equally happy for Arron... he was very damaged by what happened with Dwayne, and it takes a guy like Chet to get him past that. Michael's little speech at dinner was acknowledgement that the connection between the 'four of a kind' is a special one... thanks, Tim... cheers... Gary...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 07/14/2015 03:21 AM, Kalandor said:

It's not hard to guess who're going to be the godfathers! It's like they are meant to be close after all that happened, even if I have to say Arron's jealousy irritates me a bit. Well, nobody is perfect and Chet doesn't have the tendency to flirt around. I just hope it's not going to lead into jealous paranoia, I don't wish that to anyone, least of all to our adorable Chet. Can't wait to hear how announcing The News is going to go.

Thanks Kalandor. I think you're right about the godfathers lol. I get what you're saying about Arron. I know you read SAD (Did you read the final chapter I posted much later?), so I know you are aware of Arron's past issues. Chet is the perfect guy to get him past those... the jealousy is more amusing to Chet than bothersome. Arron can laugh at himself about it, but remember, they are very new, and I'm confident they'll get there. I think Chet finds Arron's jealous reactions much better than Ian's aloofness, which never made him feel special. For sure, all the parents are going to be very , very happy... Appreciate the great review, as always... cheers... Gary...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

What a nice feel good chapter. Chet and Arron will make wonderful godparents.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

This chapter made me very happy. I love that the four of them are becoming such close friends. I agree with Tim, it's fantastic to see Chet so happy because he was so heartbreakingly lonely before he met Kendall. With Kendall he found a great friend with Arron he found true love. My sappy soul is so incredibly happy for him. I have a feeling it won't be long before Arron and Chet are walking down the aisle :yes:

 

M & K are going to be so happy in their house and it was really nice that Chet and Arron were able to be there to share that experience with them. I hope now that they have the house of their dreams that dealing with Candy until the baby is born won't be too trying for them, although I doubt she is going to be very nice to deal with over the next several months.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 07/14/2015 05:40 AM, Reader1810 said:

What a nice feel good chapter. Chet and Arron will make wonderful godparents.

Thank you Reader. I'm sorry I didn't reply till now... losing Mallory has screwed me up a bit and I forgot to answer a couple of these. I think Chet and Arron have the qualities you would want in a godparent. A 'feel good' chapter makes me happy... cheers... Gary...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 07/14/2015 07:08 AM, LitLover said:

This chapter made me very happy. I love that the four of them are becoming such close friends. I agree with Tim, it's fantastic to see Chet so happy because he was so heartbreakingly lonely before he met Kendall. With Kendall he found a great friend with Arron he found true love. My sappy soul is so incredibly happy for him. I have a feeling it won't be long before Arron and Chet are walking down the aisle :yes:

 

M & K are going to be so happy in their house and it was really nice that Chet and Arron were able to be there to share that experience with them. I hope now that they have the house of their dreams that dealing with Candy until the baby is born won't be too trying for them, although I doubt she is going to be very nice to deal with over the next several months.

I'm so sorry for not replying to this, Lit. Losing my dog screwed me up. I'm happy for Chet too. I'm happy for all of them. I think it was important that they all shared in the acquiring of this house for M and K. There\s not much I can say about Candy :) . Cheers... Gary

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Great to see the four friends hanging out and having fun.

 

Great news on the house, they deserve the perfect place to live :yes:

 

And of course the way to a man's heart is his stomach - of course the route taken to his stomach is another matter ;)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 07/27/2015 07:09 AM, Caz Pedroso said:

Great to see the four friends hanging out and having fun.

 

Great news on the house, they deserve the perfect place to live :yes:

 

And of course the way to a man's heart is his stomach - of course the route taken to his stomach is another matter ;)

I was worried some would find this chapter a little boring, but I needed to write this chapter about the house for myself. This is where M and K will be building their family and their lives. Part of that is their friendship with C and A. Thanks for the review, Caz... cheers... Gary

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Such a lovely chapter :boy: They have the house, they know who ask to be godparents and they have great friends. Everything is going well so far.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/25/2015 10:16 PM, Suvitar said:

Such a lovely chapter :boy: They have the house, they know who ask to be godparents and they have great friends. Everything is going well so far.

Thanks, Suvitar! It's all coming together for them, and I think they deserve it. Much appreciation far all the wonderful reviews... every morning is like Christmas... cheers... Gary...

  • Like 2
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..