Jump to content
    Headstall
  • Author
  • 5,478 Words
  • 7,897 Views
  • 49 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Cards on the Table - 39. Chapter 39 A Peek at the Cards

Three of a kind beats a pair.

Cards on the Table

 

 

Chapter 39

 

 

The restaurant was busy, but the atmosphere was relaxed as quiet conversations and the tinkling of dishes and silverware added sound effects to the soft music.

As they waited to be seated, Kendall thought about how long it had been since he had been on an actual date. Amanda, over two years ago, and it had been dinner and a movie, followed by another sexual episode of what amounted to going through the motions. He'd truly cared for her, but it was the night he faced the harsh truth that all he was doing was spinning his wheels. He was on a path to emptiness and he was taking an innocent victim along with him. Being alone would be a better alternative. The very next evening, he’d invited Amanda out for coffee and explained how there weren’t enough feelings for them to continue seeing each other. She had shown no real surprise, and accepted it gracefully. He still remembered that immense feeling of relief... it had been the right thing to do.

The decision he’d made that night had, in a roundabout way, brought him here. Now he was entering Pieterangelos with his big strapping fiancé at his side, and he couldn’t wipe the goofy smile off his face. All those feelings of loneliness and regret that permeated his past had ebbed away. The man at his side, the man who loved him, had obliterated them.

After a word with Michael, the hostess led them to a table at the far corner of the restaurant… the most private spot in the place. Vibrant, growing greenery, scattered throughout the dining room, lent a secluded feeling to much of the area. The invigorating plants, effectively lightening the dreariness of winter, didn’t prevent Kendall from seeing a bunch of red roses situated at the far end of the table. Michael again.

“Do you remember the last time we were here?” Michael asked softly, after they’d been seated and left with menus.

He was busy taking in the roses, their fragrance intoxicating at such a close distance. Finally looking away from them, he responded. “We’d just won the Sutton Cup with the Badgers last March, and you didn’t want to party with the team. We had one drink with them, and then you asked me if I would rather go have a nice meal... and I said yes. If I remember right,” he reminded Michael, “you were seeing Anita then, and you called her and told her not to meet you at the bar we were at… the roses are beautiful.”

“This is a special night. I’m having dinner with my fiancé for the first time. There had to be roses,” he said with a smile. “This is the first date I’ve ever been on where I am completely content. I am exactly where I’m supposed to be. I remember that night well. The amazing thing is, I have a catalogue of vivid memories of you and me, but I barely remember Anita, or anyone else for that matter.”

Kendall picked one of the roses out of the vase and held it to his nose, breathing in deeply before returning it to its eleven friends. His hand found its way back to Michael’s. “What are you trying to say?”

“That it’s always been you. I see it so clearly now. I mean, I have for a while, but I wanted to say it out loud on the night we got engaged.” His slight blush was endearing, and Kendall was struck again by Michael’s ease at expressing how he felt. This was an extension of their friendship worth its weight in gold.

“I’m thankful you came to your senses, big guy, and even more thankful you have no trouble telling me how you feel." He felt a little flushed himself. "Look at the way our rings sparkle in this light.”

Their hands were linked together on the table, and the two rings were putting on quite a display. Michael looked from them to Kendall and started chuckling.

“What’s so funny?”

“I was just remembering when Pop said you should make an honest man of me.” His chuckle became a laugh. “I think when I tell your parents I was the one who did the asking, I just might be back to favored son status.” He laughed harder when Kendall frowned. “You’re going to be in a deficit again, Babe.” His grin was infectious.

He grinned back at his happy looking guy. “You’re enjoying this, aren’t you?”

“Damn right.”

“So am I,” Kendall said seriously. “I’ll gladly give up points for how you’ve made me feel today. It’s a small price to pay for being the happiest person in the world.”

“Second happiest.”

“You’re not winning this one... maybe we can call it a tie.”

“Works for me, Kendall Aceto.” At that, they both burst out laughing.

 

Dinner had been an amazing feast for them. They exited the taxi in front of their building feeling on top of the world. Both were a tiny bit tipsy from the bottle of champagne they’d indulged in. The evening had unfolded differently from what they had expected, and it started the moment their waitress had spotted the matching rings. The exclamation of congratulations that followed was more of a squeal, and it attracted some—at first unwanted—attention. Once the owners of the restaurant realized they were celebrating their engagement, the champagne had been delivered ‘compliments of the house’. Their rings had been a big hit with the staff as one by one they had all come over for a look, and to offer good wishes. Although they hadn’t eaten there for a while, no one had forgotten them it seemed.

Kendall, after he accepted his initial desire for privacy wasn’t to be, began to enjoy the fuss being made over them. He was touched by the genuine acceptance of both the owners and staff. Some nearby patrons, who’d overheard the gasps of appreciation, had asked for their own chance to survey the jewelry. Michael, gracious as always, had proudly taken all the attention in stride. It had turned out to be a wonderful night, despite the occasional intrusions, and now they were home, tired, and happily giddy.

Walking through the front door of the first home they’d officially shared, Kendall placed the vase of cherished roses on the kitchen counter before finding himself wrapped in the strong arms of his fiancé once again. Alone at last. They stood in the shadow cast by those roses for a couple of minutes, feeling the subtle difference of what today had wrought. A snicker erupted from him out of the blue.

"What, Babe?”

“That was the champagne. I’m not even thinking right now.” He chuckled again. “It’s a good job we took a cab to Pieterangelo's, Sunshine, because I really am not thinking of anything. I’m just smelling you.” He blew a raspberry on Michael’s neck.

Michael laughed and squirmed at the tickle. “That’s what I’m doing too.”

Kendall looked at Michael with a twinkle in his eye. “You’re smelling you, too?” Kendall, pleased with his own joke, made Michael laugh even harder, and he couldn’t help thinking champagne was a wonderful thing.

 

A few glasses of water and some aspirin later, they had made it into bed.

“Wanna fool around, Sunshine?” Kendall was trying to focus on Michael’s dark blue eyes as his hand wandered across his chest, cupping his far pectoral muscle and massaging it.

“Are you sure you’re up to it? You look ready to zonk out,” Michael asked as he kissed the tip of Kendall’s nose.

“It’s our engagement night. We should commemorate it.” He sighed as he leaned over and playfully licked Michael’s erect nipple, eliciting a surprised sound from the man.

“As much as I love what you’re doing, I can tell how tired you are, so how about we cool it for tonight and just talk?”

His head shot up in shock. “Are you for real? What the hell happened to my horn-dog partner… sorry, fiancé… damn, are you really turning down sex?”

Michael chuckled. “No, not a chance. If you want sex, we’re having sex,” he said with conviction, “but I do want to talk about what we need to talk about.”

“What’s that?” Kendall’s brain was a little muddled from the champagne, and he couldn’t figure out what his partner… fiancé was meaning.

“Sex, Babe… um, we need to have a talk about sex, don’t you think?”

“So let me get this straight,” he said incredulously. “You’re turning down sex so we can talk about sex?”

“No, well… no! I’m not turning down sex! Never mind what I said… it’s the champagne.” Michael pulled him closer so he could reach his mouth, but he resisted.

“Wait, Sunshine. I think you’re right. I know what you’re referring to now. Making love. That’s what you mean... am I right?”

“Yeah, but we can discuss it later. I’d rather use my mouth for something other than talking right now.” Kendall could see and feel he was serious and had turned his focus to only one thing, confirming it when a hand closed around his dick. He was sorely tempted, but now that the seed had been planted, Kendall decided to stick to his guns.

“Uh uh. Back up. We’re going to talk.” He sat up straighter in bed and patted the headboard for Michael to join him.

Sighing, he reluctantly let go of the growing object of his attention, and pulled himself up so he was sitting at an angle facing Kendall, nervousness showing on his face now that they were going to start the conversation he’d wanted. “Okay. We do need to talk about the next step. I want it to be good… really good, for both of us, and I think this is one of those times where communication is a good idea.”

“Communication is always a good idea, and we both want the same thing here, but why the need to be in a hurry to talk?” He was totally keyed in on Michael’s face, and watched the flush of blood rise from his chest up through his neck to his cheeks.

Michael sighed again. “Because waiting is driving me fucking crazy. I want everything with you, but I want us to be totally prepared. What we did in the middle of the night, when you were underneath me… it woke something up in me.” He looked sheepishly away for a few seconds before turning back. “I kind of figured once we got a few things cleared up, we could take that next step. There’s no real reason to hold back anymore.”

Kendall couldn’t help the sharp laugh that escaped, compliments of both the champagne and the adorable look on his fiancé’s blushing face. “I’m sorry. I’m not laughing at you. It’s just that I saw my horn-dog partner again, and it makes me happy.” Another champagne-fueled laugh followed, causing Michael to chuckle.

“Okay, I admit it… I’m a horn-dog. I have to tell you something this horn-dog did.” The look on his face, more than his remark, piqued Kendall’s curiosity.

“What did you do?”

Settling back against the headboard, he turned towards Kendall in this new position, leaning their heads against one another, so they didn’t have actual eye contact. “I ordered some stuff from an online store,” he said so softly, it was almost a whisper.

Kendall recognized the trepidation in the man's voice and he strove to make him more comfortable. “You know we can talk about anything. There’s no need for this to be awkward.” The last vestiges of the champagne were dissipating as Kendall forced all his attention on the matter at hand. “What did you order?”

“Well… there were some things recommended when I researched… ah, lovemaking.”

“We can call it what it is, Ace. Anal sex, and I researched it too.” Kendall turned his head around more so he could see those eyes, and Michael duplicated the motion, looking a little more confident. “So what did you order?”

“It’s kind of embarrassing to say, but I ordered some small butt plugs. Do you know what they are?” His uncertainty flashed again.

“Yeah, I do know what they are, and I already told you that we shouldn’t feel awkward about any conversation between us. So tell me why you decided to order them.” Kendall tried to hide his surprise at what he'd done.

“Did you research gay porn, Babe? Because I did, and it’s kind of obvious we’re both on the large side, and the guys that get… well… that get fucked, they, ah, seemed to have a hard time, so that’s why I ordered them. I thought if we used them first it would be easier because we’d be stretched, you know? I read a couple of articles that suggested using them.”

“That makes sense, but I think those actors that are getting fucked, are just acting. I know what you’re talking about… they sound like they’re in pain, but I think they’re just pretending it’s hard to take.”

“You think so? I never thought of that. I’m not an expert on porn,” he admitted. “What about the articles that recommend using plugs to stretch us?”

“I’m not an expert either, but yes, I do think so. I know it’s something we may have to take our time with and get used to, but I have no doubts we’re going to enjoy it. We have to trust each other and we do, right? I think it’s awesome you're so concerned, and I know it’s me you’re worried about… not yourself. I appreciate what you were trying to do with the butt plugs, and if we decide we eventually need them, then okay.” Kendall needed to say what he truly felt. “But it’s you I want inside me the first time, not something that isn’t a part of you. Do you get that?”

“I do now. I’ve been overthinking, haven’t I?”

“No, not overthinking. You’re right about communicating, though, like this. We know now we’ve both done the research and that’s important. Besides, overthinking is my job. Did you order anything else?”

“You know I did, don’t you?” Michael teased, acting much more relaxed.

“I was just guessing," he answered with a smirk. "So what else?”

Michael shot him a grin. “Well, besides a jumbo-sized bottle of highly-touted lube, I also bought a shower attachment that makes it easier to prepare ourselves.” He wiggled his eyebrows, and Kendall laughed.

“Optimistic, aren't you? Did you try out the shower thingy yet?” Kendall was back to snickering again.

“No, not yet. I was going to hook it up tomorrow. It’s got a toggle switch so we can leave it attached all the time. It’s state of the art, Babe.” Michael wiggled his eyebrows again, eliciting another laugh from his rather impressed partner. He jumped up and went to the closet, opening up a suitcase when he got there. He returned to the bed to show Kendall the attachment… the slim chrome tube with the array of pinholes on the end of it, and the long chrome hose it was attached to. No explanation was needed as to how it worked. “What do you think?”

“I think you did good. We’ve got it covered now.” Kendall smiled. “We’ve done the research and when the time is right we’ll know what to do. Thank you for always taking care of us, big guy.” Kendall leaned in for a tender kiss.

“Back at you,” Michael responded when the kiss ended. “We take care of each other. When do you think the time will be right?”

Kendall burst out laughing at the question Michael had slipped in. “Very, very soon, Ace, but not tonight.” Kendall’s laughter dwindled to nothing as he yawned. “This has been the best day possible thanks to my incredibly thoughtful fiancé, but I am getting sleepier and sleepier by the minute. I think the champagne did me in. All I want to do is snuggle up and saw some logs… is that okay with you, if we just do that and call it a night?”

“What you said sounds perfect, especially the ‘very, very soon’ part. Falling asleep with you will never get old… and to be honest this day has worn me out too, even without the champagne. It’s been a day we’ll always remember.”

“That's for sure.” They both slid down the bed at the same time, entwining themselves instinctively into a comfortable position for both of them. Kendall switched the bedside lamp off, and after two ‘I love yous’ and a couple of blissful sighs to go with the sound of gentle kisses, the quiet darkness settled over the contented couple.

 

Saturday morning wasn’t so bad at all. It was a smart move to drink lots of water and take aspirin before they’d crawled into bed. Michael had the new shower attachment already installed by the time Kendall had relinquished the warmth of the blankets and gotten up. After giving Kendall his morning kiss, he proudly showed off the new convenience to his lover. The look of ‘little boy’ satisfaction on his face made Kendall smile.

He was a whole lot more chipper than Kendall was, but once he was reminded they had to return the car to Candy that morning, he came back down to earth. The glum expression that appeared on Michael’s face as he followed him out to the kitchen said it all. He didn’t like being within a hundred feet of the woman. Kendall kept the humor he felt to himself. He had figured out the man didn’t know how to handle Candy now that she was so obviously pregnant. She could be as mean as she wanted to Michael, and he wouldn’t strike back… not now… so he would just as soon avoid her if at all possible. Kendall hoped he would get over that before too long.

He poured himself a cup of coffee from the pot Michael had made. “You won’t even have to talk to her. We’ll just drop the car off, give her back her keys, and leave.”

“I hope that’s how it works out. She’s always glaring at me,” he whined. “It irritates the hell out of me. She looks at me like I’m something she’d scrape off her shoe… like I’m stupid. The sooner we get this done, the better.”

“Ace, do you have a soft spot for pregnant women?” Kendall asked while leaning back against the stove, already knowing the answer. “Because you know she senses that. She's kind of like a predator sniffing out any weakness, and she’s figured out yours. She knows you’ll take her crap because she’s carrying our child. I think she knows deep down you’d like nothing better than to help, so to punish you, she won’t let you. Don’t let her get to you. She tries to push your buttons on purpose. As long as one of us can deal with her, we’re golden. You can keep being the bad cop… if you want. It’s worked out well for us so far.” He gave his partner a reassuring smile. “Besides, if she picks on you, she leaves me alone,” he said before going in for his second good morning kiss. “When do you want to get married?”

Michael was momentarily startled by the abrupt change in direction, but soon responded. “I’m free today, Babe. Anytime, anyplace.”

“It was a serious question, you big doofus.” He gave him a mock scowl, before grinning at the romantic answer. That’s my guy.

“I know. I was thinking we could have the wedding at our new house and get married in the living room, in front of the fireplace. We could have the seating go across the hall and into the dining room. With those big openings, it would be almost like one room. It’s just an idea, and I’m fine with getting married in a church if you want?” Michael took a deep breath before continuing. “If we want warmer weather, then I think maybe we should have it in May, before the baby is born. May 12th, 19th, and 26th are all Saturdays, so I thought one of them would be best. I think May 5th would be too early, because it could still be cold then. The 26th might be too close to when the baby is due, so that would leave the 12th and 19th. What do you think about those dates?”

It was Kendall’s turn to be caught off guard. He walked over, plopped himself down on one of the stools, and took a sip of coffee while Michael stared at him. “You never cease to amaze me. I shouldn’t be surprised you’ve thought this all out, but I am. Sometimes you are too darn good to be true. Come here,” he softly demanded. Michael stepped close, and Kendall, still sitting, drew him into his arms and held him close, listening to the beat of his heart as he pressed the side of his head against Michael’s chest. “I like your idea of getting married in the stone house. There’s a permanence to the place that matches what we have.” He tilted his head and smiled. “And the dates sound right. Mom and Dad’s part should be finished by then, and we’d have the new family room for a reception area. I want to get married before our kid is born too. Maybe we should ask all our parents what they think of the dates, and Chet and Arron… you know, include them?”

“Always thinking of others, Babe. It’s one of the many things I love about you.”

Kendall looked back up at him. “Pot, meet kettle,” he said with a grin, and gave Michael another squeeze, reluctant to let go of the moment.

 

Kendall was in Candy’s car, and Michael was right behind him in his Silverado. Candy’s response to his text before they left was to say she would meet him at the front entrance in twenty minutes because she needed him to help her with something. Michael groaned when he read it.

“I knew it wasn’t going to be a simple drop-off. She probably wants you to help her sacrifice a goat or something.” He screwed up his face in consternation, and Kendall burst out laughing.

“Oh, come on. She’s not quite that bad.”

“Okay, maybe not, but you can bet she’s up to something. I guarantee it.” Michael looked so resolute in his opinion, that Kendall lost what little control he had regained.

“You’re funny.” Kendall shook his head, wiping tears of laughter from his eyes. “What could she possibly be up to? You worry too much.”

“Pot, meet kettle."

Now they were on their way and Kendall could just picture Michael’s agitation as he followed him. To be truthful, he had his own reservations about Candy’s request, but didn’t want any more drama so he was determined to keep on her good side whenever possible.

Pulling up to her building, Kendall watched the door push open, and a much healthier looking Candy appear. As he swung his long legs out of the compact car and stood up, there was no smile to greet him, but there was a reasonably pleasant ‘hello’ given. She shot a dismissive glance at the navy blue truck pulling in behind her car before returning her attention to Kendall.

“Back, and good as new.” He stepped aside as Candy drew closer. “Hop in and see how it drives now. It handles the snow like a little plow with the new tires."

“Can you come with me, Kendall? I’d like to talk to you about something.” There was a challenge in her voice.

“Ah, sure, I can spare a few minutes. I’ll just let Michael know.” He turned to walk behind them towards Michael when Candy stopped him.

“Wait. I need more than a few minutes. I want to know... if you want to come with me to the clinic at Markham and Lawrence?”

“What? Why? Is something wrong?” Before he knew it, Michael was at his side. Kendall looked blankly from him to Candy.

“What’s going on?” Michael looked curious enough that it bordered on concern.

Candy showed annoyance at his sudden intrusion. “Look, Kendall, it’s no big deal. I have an ultrasound set up to check on the baby’s health and it’s in 45 minutes, so yes or no?”

Kendall said yes right away, looking at Michael apologetically. “Of course I’ll go with you, but is there some sort of emergency? This is Saturday morning.”

“I’m aware of that,” Candy snapped. “Look, I have some abdominal pain… more like an ache, and it’s probably strained muscles from all the vomiting I’ve been doing.” She chose that time to scowl at Michael. This time he didn’t look away. “My doctor wants to make sure it has nothing to do with the pregnancy.”

“Babe, you go with Candy, and I’ll follow you,” Michael said, taking command.

“I don’t want you there, Michael.” She sounded like a defiant child.

“I don’t know what your reasons are, and at this point I don’t care. I’ll be in the parking lot waiting for my fiancé.” The man had stood his ground, and Kendall was enormously pleased. The old Michael was on his way back.

Candy’s eyes went from narrowed to round when she noticed the rings on their hands for the first time. There was no missing the matching flash of the gold carving. In an instant, she regained her annoyed expression. “That’s great, now if you’re coming, I need to go right now. I’ll drive.” She got in the driver’s seat, and after a quick kiss and a grin for Michael, Kendall went around to the other side, and got in.

“Congratulations.” Candy was tight-lipped, but she said the words, so Kendall chose to ignore the vibe and just express his thanks. “This doesn’t look like the same car. Why does it look so new?” Her reaction showed her astonishment as she looked around the immaculate interior.

“We had it detailed. They did a good job, didn’t they?” He smiled at her, and felt the tension lessen. He pulled out a copy of the bill and handed it over. “This shows you everything we had done. Your front end is new, and you’ll find out it drives great now. No more clunking. You can see the rest that was done on there. Keep the itemized bill for your records because all the parts have warranties on them, and let me or Michael know if there are any problems at all.” He could tell Candy had keyed in on the dollar amount of the repair.

“This cost a lot more money than I thought it would. I don’t know what to say. You really are a saint, aren’t you?”

“No, I’m no saint. Just say ‘thank you’, and leave it at that. We wanted to do this, and now you’ll have no worries about your car for the next few years.”

“Thank you, Saint Kendall,” Candy teased, but her words were genuine. "I’ll have to remember to thank Saint Michael too.” She even let out a little giggle.

Pulling out onto the road, she reacted to the difference immediately, and the appreciation showed as she smiled a smile Kendall hadn’t seen from her before. “This is great… thank you, again.”

“You’re welcome. Candy… why didn’t you just ask me in your text if I would go with you to the ultrasound? I would have said yes.” He watched her swallow, displaying some nervousness.

“Because this isn’t what I wanted you to help me with.” Candy stared straight ahead. “I want to ask you something you may think is weird. I need someone to go with me to birthing classes. I can’t go to them by myself, and Janine can’t commit in March because she and Lanny are going away. I know you care a lot for this baby, so I’m asking you to be my labor coach?”

“Whoa. Does that mean I would be in the delivery room with you?”

“That’s exactly what it means. I don’t think I can do this by myself, and I thought you might want the chance to be present. I need someone I can count on, since I can’t have any family there.” Her statement sounded more like a thinly veiled plea, and he detected her uncertainty.

He wasn’t sure how he felt, but his excitement was rising at the thought of seeing their baby being born. Then he thought of his partner. “What about Michael? He is the baby’s father, after all?”

“Not a chance. It would be too hard for me to deal with. There is no way he can be there.”

“But why? Are you punishing him? Cause if you are, I don’t get it? He’s a good man, Candy, a great man.”

“That’s just it. I know that… and I know he was never really mine, but I did want him to be.” She glanced sideways, and Kendall could see pain in her eyes. “He’s a reminder of things I can’t handle, of things I wanted and of things I did. It was hard to let go of him... you should understand that... and I pulled a lot of stupid crap. If he was around me, it would just bring me down. I just want this to be over with. So if you don’t want to do it, say so. I will not be asking Michael.”

“Fair enough.” Kendall understood. “No, I want to do it. I’d be honored to be your coach. It’s my baby too, and to watch the birth… to be a part of it… will be amazing. You can count on me, I promise you.” It was surreal to him, but there was no other answer to give for an opportunity he couldn’t pass up.

“Saint Kendall strikes again,” Candy joked, and it looked like some weight had come off her shoulders. “We’re here,” she said as the pulled into a parking space in front of the rather large medical building.

Kendall hopped out and ran over to Michael’s truck. “I’m sorry that she’s excluding you, Ace. She’s got some issues, more with herself than with you, I’m starting to realize.”

“Don’t worry about me. Go make sure our baby is okay. I’d rather be out here than in there, and that’s the truth. Now, go. She’s waiting for you.”

He gave Michael a quick kiss through the window opening before running back over to Candy, and in the door of the clinic.

Being present at the ultrasound was a powerful experience. He had no idea the baby was able move around so freely. It resembled a little swimming alien, and when the technician pointed out the heart and other organs, Kendall found himself getting overwhelmed. Fascinated as he was, he was able to maintain a precarious grip on his emotions.

Candy gave off an air of detachment even though she watched the screen. For the first time, Kendall contemplated what she must be going through. She had to be one tough cookie to watch the screen and not feel the overpowering love he did. This was her child too. The doctor arrived halfway through and was quick to confirm the baby was in no danger. Kendall was ecstatic, and he was pretty sure he saw relief flicker across Candy’s face.

When he asked if he could take a picture of the baby, the sonographer smiled and said she wouldn’t notice anything he was doing for 30 seconds. So Kendall took half a minute of video to show Michael.

Ten minutes later, Candy walked up to Michael’s truck, and thanked him for the car repairs, and for letting her borrow Kendall.

His somewhat leery response was, “No problem.”

After they watched her get in her car and drive away, Kendall pulled out his phone. "The ultrasound said our baby is due on June 6th, Ace. It's a Wednesday. Do you want to see him?"

"Him?"

"Yeah, him. There's no mistaking it when you see the video. He's just over fourteen weeks, and you can see his dinky. The technician pointed it out, and you can't miss it."

"Oh my God... a boy...hurry up, Babe, I want to see our son." Michael's eyes were glistening, triggering the same emotion in Kendall.

They sat in the truck side by side, heads touching and hands clasped, watching the short video of their future over and over again. Neither one could take their eyes off the screen. They both fell completely in love with someone else that day.

Sorry this chapter was delayed a couple of days. Thanks to Lightning Tim for the amazingly quick editing, and to all my friends and supporters. You can join a great group of people in the COTT forum: http://www.gayauthors.org/forums/topic/39932-cards-on-the-table-by-headstall/
Copyright © 2017 Headstall; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 56
  • Love 24
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



On 09/04/2015 05:15 AM, Bucket1 said:

I think you made quite a few people happy with that chapter :)

Thank you, Bucket. I hope so. :) . Everything is slowly coming together for our boys. It wasn't my decision as to the baby's gender. It was K and M's. They insisted, even though I could picture a little girl. K is usually right about these things so who am I to argue. Thanks for the review, Bucket... I thrive on this feedback, and I appreciate it immensely... cheers, my good friend... Gary...

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Damn... almost forty chapters, Congrats Gary :hug:

 

My heart melted when they had there date, especially when it came to the roses :wub: One thong I have absolutely enjoyed throughout CoTT is how willing they are to wait in taking the next step in sex :) It is so sweet to see that they have researched to ensure that they don't hurt each other when the time comes. The fact that they can talk about these sort of things so candidly is refreshing (even if they blush at the subject matter :lol: )

 

I don't think I have said this yet, but I really enjoy how you present Candy :) Yes, in this story she was the antagonist with all the crap she pulled, and as the antagonist that is what I initially expected from her. I mean in most stories the "bad guys" don't have much depth other than being bad. So it was a delightful surprise with each new chapter to see that there was a whole lot more to her.
She is no longer just another "bad guy" :) She faced a lot of issues with living up to her father's expectations, and while that should never excuse her behavior, she is turning things around now. She isn't as bitter or mean and she has begun to be nicer to Kendall. As for Michael? I don't think she will ever completely warm up to him, but my estimation is that she may in fact one day become "friends" with Kendall and Michael :)

 

Lastly, AWW!!! :D The sonogram :wub: It must be an incredible delight to see for the first time your future son or daughter. It was a great surprise to find out that they are having a son, and I too fell in love with him :heart:

 

Gary, these characters feel like family to me, I am so invested in their life and it feels like I am gaining a nephew :hug: Thank you so much :kiss:

  • Love 1
Link to comment

Another great chapter. The dinner was very nice and very much what we've come to expect from Kendall's Michael. I don't know if Michael has ever or would ever be so thoughtful and roman tic with any other person.

 

I am impressed with you once again. You have managed to make me - not necessarily like Candy - but at least sympathize with her. She has gone from a vindictive and vengeful witch to a woman who realizes and has admitted that she made mistakes and bad decisions. If I were Michael I'm not sure about how I would feel about being excluded from the ultrasound and the birth but it's at least positive that she wants Kendall there. :)

 

Kendall taking a video of the sonogram so that he and Michael could watch it together was very thoughtful of him. Another beautiful moment for them. :)

  • Love 1
Link to comment

You captured both the excitement and overwhelming emotion of seeing the ultrasound. Truly a defining moment on the guys' relationship!
And Candy displayed a surprisingly vulnerable side...just hoping it lasts!
As giddy as they were when they got home from dinner, just exactly how much champagne DID they have? (Grin)
A truly enjoyable chapter--good job!

  • Love 1
Link to comment

You really make it tough for other men to measure up to Michael and Kendall, Gary :wub: The dinner that Michael arranged was so romantic and the roses were just a nice touch. I loved that the staff and owners were so supportive of their engagement. Maybe they can have their rehearsal dinner their ;) I loved how much thought Michael put in to dates of the wedding and where they were going to get married. Everything about him is in tune with Kendall.

 

I feel so badly for Michael that he is being essentially excluded from the pregnancy, but Kendall did good by recording the sonogram for him :) Maybe Candy will let him record the birth as well? Although I'm not really sure Michael would want to see that on tape :lol: At least one of the Candy wants one of the baby's dad's involved and that is enough for now. I'm happy they now know the sex of the baby..it's feeling more real. Maybe they will have a girl next time? I REALLY want them to raise a baby girl haha. I think she would have her dad's wrapped around her little finger..and pity the boy who wants to date her :P

  • Love 1
Link to comment

While I don't agree with her shitty attitude towards Michael, at least we can now have some idea of why she is acting the way she is. Not very mature of her, but then we know that before
Great chapter.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 09/04/2015 05:29 AM, Drew Espinosa said:

Damn... almost forty chapters, Congrats Gary :hug:

 

My heart melted when they had there date, especially when it came to the roses :wub: One thong I have absolutely enjoyed throughout CoTT is how willing they are to wait in taking the next step in sex :) It is so sweet to see that they have researched to ensure that they don't hurt each other when the time comes. The fact that they can talk about these sort of things so candidly is refreshing (even if they blush at the subject matter :lol: )

 

I don't think I have said this yet, but I really enjoy how you present Candy :) Yes, in this story she was the antagonist with all the crap she pulled, and as the antagonist that is what I initially expected from her. I mean in most stories the "bad guys" don't have much depth other than being bad. So it was a delightful surprise with each new chapter to see that there was a whole lot more to her.

She is no longer just another "bad guy" :) She faced a lot of issues with living up to her father's expectations, and while that should never excuse her behavior, she is turning things around now. She isn't as bitter or mean and she has begun to be nicer to Kendall. As for Michael? I don't think she will ever completely warm up to him, but my estimation is that she may in fact one day become "friends" with Kendall and Michael :)

 

Lastly, AWW!!! :D The sonogram :wub: It must be an incredible delight to see for the first time your future son or daughter. It was a great surprise to find out that they are having a son, and I too fell in love with him :heart:

 

Gary, these characters feel like family to me, I am so invested in their life and it feels like I am gaining a nephew :hug: Thank you so much :kiss:

When this story first started developing in my head, I saw Candy as a spoiled, willful child, but a child nonetheless. While I don't like her, I understand her. What we saw in this chapter was Candy admitting to Kendall that she did love Michael, or at least had started to, and was beginning to feel the shame of her actions. It was our first real glimpse of the missing piece to her story. I don't think her and Michael will ever be friends, but who knows. Sonograms are very powerful things, even if you are viewing them on a phone screen. And like Michael said-- there had to be roses-- thanks for a terrific review, Drew...Cheers... Gary...

  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 09/04/2015 05:29 AM, Drew Espinosa said:

Damn... almost forty chapters, Congrats Gary :hug:

 

My heart melted when they had there date, especially when it came to the roses :wub: One thong I have absolutely enjoyed throughout CoTT is how willing they are to wait in taking the next step in sex :) It is so sweet to see that they have researched to ensure that they don't hurt each other when the time comes. The fact that they can talk about these sort of things so candidly is refreshing (even if they blush at the subject matter :lol: )

 

I don't think I have said this yet, but I really enjoy how you present Candy :) Yes, in this story she was the antagonist with all the crap she pulled, and as the antagonist that is what I initially expected from her. I mean in most stories the "bad guys" don't have much depth other than being bad. So it was a delightful surprise with each new chapter to see that there was a whole lot more to her.

She is no longer just another "bad guy" :) She faced a lot of issues with living up to her father's expectations, and while that should never excuse her behavior, she is turning things around now. She isn't as bitter or mean and she has begun to be nicer to Kendall. As for Michael? I don't think she will ever completely warm up to him, but my estimation is that she may in fact one day become "friends" with Kendall and Michael :)

 

Lastly, AWW!!! :D The sonogram :wub: It must be an incredible delight to see for the first time your future son or daughter. It was a great surprise to find out that they are having a son, and I too fell in love with him :heart:

 

Gary, these characters feel like family to me, I am so invested in their life and it feels like I am gaining a nephew :hug: Thank you so much :kiss:

When this story first started developing in my head, I saw Candy as a spoiled, willful child, but a child nonetheless. While I don't like her, I understand her. What we saw in this chapter was Candy admitting to Kendall that she did love Michael, or at least had started to, and was beginning to feel the shame of her actions. It was our first real glimpse of the missing piece to her story. I don't think her and Michael will ever be friends, but who knows. Sonograms are very powerful things, even if you are viewing them on a phone screen. And like Michael said-- there had to be roses-- thanks for a terrific review, Drew...Cheers... Gary...

Link to comment
On 09/04/2015 05:59 AM, EagleIsaac said:

Another great chapter. The dinner was very nice and very much what we've come to expect from Kendall's Michael. I don't know if Michael has ever or would ever be so thoughtful and roman tic with any other person.

 

I am impressed with you once again. You have managed to make me - not necessarily like Candy - but at least sympathize with her. She has gone from a vindictive and vengeful witch to a woman who realizes and has admitted that she made mistakes and bad decisions. If I were Michael I'm not sure about how I would feel about being excluded from the ultrasound and the birth but it's at least positive that she wants Kendall there. :)

 

Kendall taking a video of the sonogram so that he and Michael could watch it together was very thoughtful of him. Another beautiful moment for them. :)

Thanks, Eagle. I think we are seeing Candy grow up. I wasn't sure how the readers would see this, but I felt I had to show an honest moment between her and the person Michael really loves. To open up as much as she did to Kendall was a huge step for her. When Kendall said he understood, I was hoping you guys did too. It's not fair that Micheal is excluded, but is he really? He gets to be there through Kendall, and I don't think he sees it as exclusion. He's happy to stay away from Candy, and see the baby on a video screen. I'm glad you liked the end moment. I felt like I was right there with them when I was writing it. Great review, as always... thanks, buddy... cheers... Gary...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 09/04/2015 06:29 AM, Robert Rex said:

You captured both the excitement and overwhelming emotion of seeing the ultrasound. Truly a defining moment on the guys' relationship!

And Candy displayed a surprisingly vulnerable side...just hoping it lasts!

As giddy as they were when they got home from dinner, just exactly how much champagne DID they have? (Grin)

A truly enjoyable chapter--good job!

Candy is growing up, and she needs Kendall. Her own actions have isolated her, and her beliefs are keeping her a sort of prisoner. That honest moment we saw from her let us know more about the whys of Candy. I'm glad you liked the ultrasound scenes... and I'm sure you have lots of experience with champagne :) . These boys are really drinkers, but they did enjoy that special champagne... thanks for the great review, Rex... cheers... Gary...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 09/04/2015 06:29 AM, Robert Rex said:

You captured both the excitement and overwhelming emotion of seeing the ultrasound. Truly a defining moment on the guys' relationship!

And Candy displayed a surprisingly vulnerable side...just hoping it lasts!

As giddy as they were when they got home from dinner, just exactly how much champagne DID they have? (Grin)

A truly enjoyable chapter--good job!

Candy is growing up, and she needs Kendall. Her own actions have isolated her, and her beliefs are keeping her a sort of prisoner. That honest moment we saw from her let us know more about the whys of Candy. I'm glad you liked the ultrasound scenes... and I'm sure you have lots of experience with champagne :) . These boys are really drinkers, but they did enjoy that special champagne... thanks for the great review, Rex... cheers... Gary...

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Well, G-Man, you've done it again--made me cry at their celebration dinner, and as Kendall tells Michael they have a son!
When you have Candy and Kendall in the car, I wasn't sure what was going on, and was suspicious just as the boys are...but then you show us that people can change--and now that Candy can see her mistakes, and explained why she doesn't want Michael to be too close, I understand. I can't yet say that I like her, but I sympathise with her pain over Michael.
You and AC working to corner all the stock in Kleenex production? Just amazing, my dear friend. xoxo

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 09/04/2015 06:37 AM, LitLover said:

You really make it tough for other men to measure up to Michael and Kendall, Gary :wub: The dinner that Michael arranged was so romantic and the roses were just a nice touch. I loved that the staff and owners were so supportive of their engagement. Maybe they can have their rehearsal dinner their ;) I loved how much thought Michael put in to dates of the wedding and where they were going to get married. Everything about him is in tune with Kendall.

 

I feel so badly for Michael that he is being essentially excluded from the pregnancy, but Kendall did good by recording the sonogram for him :) Maybe Candy will let him record the birth as well? Although I'm not really sure Michael would want to see that on tape :lol: At least one of the Candy wants one of the baby's dad's involved and that is enough for now. I'm happy they now know the sex of the baby..it's feeling more real. Maybe they will have a girl next time? I REALLY want them to raise a baby girl haha. I think she would have her dad's wrapped around her little finger..and pity the boy who wants to date her :P

There is no one like M and K. These are my romantic boys LOL. I was proud of how Michael thought of everything, from the wedding to the roses, and yeah, the stuff he ordered. :) . I understand you feeling bad for Michael, but honestly, I think this is the way he prefers it. He got to see the sonogram with the man he loves. Kendall being there through the birth will be like Michael being there. LOL on the taped delivery. Thanks for another great review, Lit. I heard from our friend, and she was very pleased. Cheers... Gary...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 09/04/2015 06:37 AM, LitLover said:

You really make it tough for other men to measure up to Michael and Kendall, Gary :wub: The dinner that Michael arranged was so romantic and the roses were just a nice touch. I loved that the staff and owners were so supportive of their engagement. Maybe they can have their rehearsal dinner their ;) I loved how much thought Michael put in to dates of the wedding and where they were going to get married. Everything about him is in tune with Kendall.

 

I feel so badly for Michael that he is being essentially excluded from the pregnancy, but Kendall did good by recording the sonogram for him :) Maybe Candy will let him record the birth as well? Although I'm not really sure Michael would want to see that on tape :lol: At least one of the Candy wants one of the baby's dad's involved and that is enough for now. I'm happy they now know the sex of the baby..it's feeling more real. Maybe they will have a girl next time? I REALLY want them to raise a baby girl haha. I think she would have her dad's wrapped around her little finger..and pity the boy who wants to date her :P

There is no one like M and K. These are my romantic boys LOL. I was proud of how Michael thought of everything, from the wedding to the roses, and yeah, the stuff he ordered. :) . I understand you feeling bad for Michael, but honestly, I think this is the way he prefers it. He got to see the sonogram with the man he loves. Kendall being there through the birth will be like Michael being there. LOL on the taped delivery. Thanks for another great review, Lit. I heard from our friend, and she was very pleased. Cheers... Gary...

Link to comment
On 09/04/2015 07:16 AM, Terry P said:

While I don't agree with her shitty attitude towards Michael, at least we can now have some idea of why she is acting the way she is. Not very mature of her, but then we know that before

Great chapter.

Thanks, Terry. It's great to hear from you! Yeah, Candy is a child, and it has cost her dearly. I'm glad you understood what was going on with her. It took a long time for her to be honest about her motives. The fact she told it to the man Michael loves was very telling about how alone she is. I don't like the woman, and I don't think I ever will, but I understand her better now. Thankfully, Michael isn't bothered by Candy not letting him near. I believe he prefers it. Thanks for the great review... I love your feedback, and I hope to hear from you again... cheers...Gary...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 09/04/2015 07:43 AM, ColumbusGuy said:

Well, G-Man, you've done it again--made me cry at their celebration dinner, and as Kendall tells Michael they have a son!

When you have Candy and Kendall in the car, I wasn't sure what was going on, and was suspicious just as the boys are...but then you show us that people can change--and now that Candy can see her mistakes, and explained why she doesn't want Michael to be too close, I understand. I can't yet say that I like her, but I sympathise with her pain over Michael.

You and AC working to corner all the stock in Kleenex production? Just amazing, my dear friend. xoxo

I never feel bad when I make you cry, Buddy. That tells me I did good :) . Like you, I don't think I will ever like Candy, but seeing her honesty finally appear, helped me see the change in her. Maybe she'll grow up enough to make it with Lionel. For me, the main thing is she is showing the decency to include Kendall at least. Thanks, my friend, for another one of your encouraging reviews... cheers... Gary...

  • Like 1
Link to comment

....... :mellow::huh::unsure::blink: .......okay! I seriously don't know what to say :lol::( ......the date was really nice though what I remembered the most was K's previous date with Amanda :yes: .....it was nice to see that K was mature to understand himself and didn't want to drag someone else into his mess :thumbup: ......I felt that Amanda was an intelligent woman :yes: as she showed no real surprise when K talked to her :unsure2: ......
the sex talk (oops! :gikkle: the love talk!! :yes: ) they both had showed the anticipation for the act to happen as well as for it to be a memorable and pleasurable experience...it also reaffirmed how much they cared for each other :yes: .....
and as far as Candy is concerned :unsure2: , in the beginning I saw a selfish, manipulative woman who doesn't like it when people messed up with her plans :angry: .....but now I see an ignored daughter who wanted the approval of her father, someone who doesn't know what a real relationship is like :( ...... in the ultrasound, I got a feeling that she was purposefully trying to detach herself from the baby as she knows he is not going to be with her :unsure2: .....because it is hard to not get attached to someone growing inside you.... my sister got really attached to her baby even if it was for a few days and took it really hard :,( .....
and the baby is a boy???? :huh: A BOY!!!! :angry::pissed:<_<:( .....I was so hoping for a girl :(^_^ , she would totally have both her dads on their heels :gikkle: .....anyways, thank you for the fun but somewhat serious chapter :kiss::heart::hug: , love ......Victor :heart:

  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 09/04/2015 09:17 AM, Victor Gutte said:

....... :mellow::huh::unsure::blink: .......okay! I seriously don't know what to say :lol::( ......the date was really nice though what I remembered the most was K's previous date with Amanda :yes: .....it was nice to see that K was mature to understand himself and didn't want to drag someone else into his mess :thumbup: ......I felt that Amanda was an intelligent woman :yes: as she showed no real surprise when K talked to her :unsure2: ......

the sex talk (oops! :gikkle: the love talk!! :yes: ) they both had showed the anticipation for the act to happen as well as for it to be a memorable and pleasurable experience...it also reaffirmed how much they cared for each other :yes: .....

and as far as Candy is concerned :unsure2: , in the beginning I saw a selfish, manipulative woman who doesn't like it when people messed up with her plans :angry: .....but now I see an ignored daughter who wanted the approval of her father, someone who doesn't know what a real relationship is like :( ...... in the ultrasound, I got a feeling that she was purposefully trying to detach herself from the baby as she knows he is not going to be with her :unsure2: .....because it is hard to not get attached to someone growing inside you.... my sister got really attached to her baby even if it was for a few days and took it really hard :,( .....

and the baby is a boy???? :huh: A BOY!!!! :angry::pissed:<_<:( .....I was so hoping for a girl :(^_^ , she would totally have both her dads on their heels :gikkle: .....anyways, thank you for the fun but somewhat serious chapter :kiss::heart::hug: , love ......Victor :heart:

Wow. This is awesome! I wanted to show how far Kendall's life had come from when he tried to live a life that was empty. Breaking up with Amanda was the first step towards him and Michael getting engaged. The sex talk was Michael, showing just how much he loved Kendall. You are very perceptive about Candy purposely detaching herself from the baby... Kendall has figured that out as well. I'll tell you a secret. I wanted it to be a girl too, but I had no choice. K and M said it had to be a boy. They had their own ideas about how their lives will turn out :) . You're right... it was a fun, but serious chapter. Thanks for an amazing review, young Victor... cheers... Gary...

  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

Kendall picked one of the roses out of the vase and held it to his nose, breathing in deeply before returning it to its eleven friends.
Just have to say, I love that line Gary.
Kendall and Michael are just perfect together. Their love and respect for each others needs knows no bounds.
There is one thing that really hit me as I pondered what I was going to write in my review.
My thoughts on this started in earlier chapters regarding Kendall's link to his future child. Sure, the child would be his, but only Michael would enjoy the added bonus of the biological connection. For Kendall, that is something he would never experience.
My sadness over Kendall's loss was rectified in this chapter.
Whether she intended to or not, Candy has given Kendall a great gift by asking him to be her birthing partner. That is a role for the father and by giving Kendall this opportunity, he will feel what its like to be a father; thereby, strengthening the already strong bond he feels now. I can just picture him in the delivery room cutting the umbilical cord.
I'm relieved too that Michael does not appear to have any issues with this plan. I guess he will get his turn (with Kendall there too, of course) when Kendall's becomes a biological father by way of a surrogate mother. Just a little hopeful prediction for the future...
As always, a wonderful chapter Gary!

  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 09/04/2015 11:36 AM, Reader1810 said:

Kendall picked one of the roses out of the vase and held it to his nose, breathing in deeply before returning it to its eleven friends.

Just have to say, I love that line Gary.

Kendall and Michael are just perfect together. Their love and respect for each others needs knows no bounds.

There is one thing that really hit me as I pondered what I was going to write in my review.

My thoughts on this started in earlier chapters regarding Kendall's link to his future child. Sure, the child would be his, but only Michael would enjoy the added bonus of the biological connection. For Kendall, that is something he would never experience.

My sadness over Kendall's loss was rectified in this chapter.

Whether she intended to or not, Candy has given Kendall a great gift by asking him to be her birthing partner. That is a role for the father and by giving Kendall this opportunity, he will feel what its like to be a father; thereby, strengthening the already strong bond he feels now. I can just picture him in the delivery room cutting the umbilical cord.

I'm relieved too that Michael does not appear to have any issues with this plan. I guess he will get his turn (with Kendall there too, of course) when Kendall's becomes a biological father by way of a surrogate mother. Just a little hopeful prediction for the future...

As always, a wonderful chapter Gary!

Thank you, Reader! I'm glad you liked that line. For some reason, roses have a certain power, especially red ones. I am glad you see Kendall's participation the way you do. You're exactly right that it is a wonderful gift to him, and Michael will be nothing but happy for him. I see an amazing future for the two men and their family... one child will make them want more... they already see themselves as having a big family. It never mattered to me one iota that my dad was actually my step dad... Such a lovely review, Reader... thanks for your thoughts... and cheers...Gary...

  • Like 1
Link to comment

The latest chapters have been a bit sappy to me but I managed to read them through despite the Christmas decorations, rings, roses, engagement and all that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I'm not going to repeat all the praise, I'll do a Lisa and say Ditto!
But I'll say that you once again did a great job of choosing a title and introduction line. M&K had a peek into the future the Cards hold for them. Kendall gets to do his saintly bit (hope he doesn't faint at the sight of blood), and Michael gets to keep his distance to Candy without having to feel bad about it, since it respects her wishes too.
I think they should be grateful that Candy tries to detach herself from the child, because there have been cases where the surrogate has refused to give up the baby. At least she has the added incentive of hoping for a relationship with her childhood sweetheart. She may have to tell him of the child (depending on her blood type), but she could say it was a favor to her friends.
Oh and of course a Family of three is better than two - in some ways at least. But I could have wished for them that they had a longer time to be a couple before having to deal with a kid. But they would probably have been ready for children fairly soon anyway, considering the leaps of love they've taken so far.
Of course, we all waiting for the one they discussed. :*) (I hope Colleen never has to use their bathroom, can you imagine the embarassment of having to explain this gadget?! :pinch: )

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 09/04/2015 10:27 PM, Kalandor said:

The latest chapters have been a bit sappy to me but I managed to read them through despite the Christmas decorations, rings, roses, engagement and all that.

Hey, Kalandor. It's nice to hear from you. I figured I'd lost you. Sappy? Guilty as charged. LOL. Thanks for hanging in there and giving me your honest take on the story. I'm very pleased you like the dynamic between Ace and Deuce. that dynamic drives the story. There aren't a lot of characters, but I try to make them as real as possible. It seemed right that Kendall would get to be the birthing/labor coach, and Candy is feeling very alone right now. K and M are the ones she can count on, ironic as that is. And yeah, the boys have been keeping us waiting, but they've gone through a lot in a short period of time. In story time, it hasn't been as long, and it is only now that M's knee is better. Thanks for your patience lol... it won't be long now, and I'll try not to disappoint you. Thanks for the great review, Kalandor...keep in touch... cheers... Gary...

  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 09/05/2015 03:26 AM, Timothy M. said:

I'm not going to repeat all the praise, I'll do a Lisa and say Ditto!

But I'll say that you once again did a great job of choosing a title and introduction line. M&K had a peek into the future the Cards hold for them. Kendall gets to do his saintly bit (hope he doesn't faint at the sight of blood), and Michael gets to keep his distance to Candy without having to feel bad about it, since it respects her wishes too.

I think they should be grateful that Candy tries to detach herself from the child, because there have been cases where the surrogate has refused to give up the baby. At least she has the added incentive of hoping for a relationship with her childhood sweetheart. She may have to tell him of the child (depending on her blood type), but she could say it was a favor to her friends.

Oh and of course a Family of three is better than two - in some ways at least. But I could have wished for them that they had a longer time to be a couple before having to deal with a kid. But they would probably have been ready for children fairly soon anyway, considering the leaps of love they've taken so far.

Of course, we all waiting for the one they discussed. :*) (I hope Colleen never has to use their bathroom, can you imagine the embarassment of having to explain this gadget?! :pinch: )

Hey, Tim. Ditto works :) . You hit on a good point about Candy's detachment. She is doing what she has to to get through this. I think some guilt is surfacing in her, so more than before, she wants to make amends and put this behind her. Still, it can't be easy. I get your point about this baby coming early, but the way I look at it is they have been in a relationship for years. They're ready, and like many straight couples, babies happen when you least expect it. You have no choice but to get yourself ready. Their support system will be a Godsend. Glad you liked the title, Tim. Thanks for another terrific review... cheers... Gary...

  • Love 1
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..