Jump to content
    Headstall
  • Author
  • 4,828 Words
  • 7,881 Views
  • 46 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Cards on the Table - 57. Chapter 57 Revealing Duplicate Hands

Great minds think alike.
Warning: Sexual content.

Cards on the Table

 

 

Chapter 57

 

 

Michael was experiencing an irritating case of nerves. Christmas was in two days, and he was having regrets over not consulting Kendall about getting ‘Eyebrows.’ They made decisions together, and a puppy that grew into a big dog that pooped and peed with regularity was a big deal; not to mention the attention it would need. He wouldn’t be so worried if it hadn’t been for Kendall’s passing comment a few days before. It was about how he was glad that all of Dinah’s offspring had been spoken for, because it would have been a lot to take on with the new house, a wedding, and a baby coming.

He fretted, while constantly checking on the macaroni and cheese casserole baking in the apartment’s oven, like the inexperienced cook he was. Removing the glass lid was the last step. His excitement built as the time approached for Kendall to be walking through the door. It would be nice to get the Christmas holidays officially started.

They had an opportunity to spend the night at the apartment because Bodie was sleeping over at Michael’s parents’ house, and he wanted to make the most of it. He just hoped his first attempt at a non-take-out dinner was a success. There was a mixed grill of pork chop, bacon, and sausage to go with the heat-and-serve casserole picked up from Rama Foods earlier that day, already fried up and keeping warm on the stovetop. Thank God his mom gave him step by step instructions, after she got over the shock of his request. She’d been giggling when he ended the phone call. To be more accurate, she’d giggled through the entire conversation. A mixed green salad that came out of a bag was now in bowls on the counter set for two, waiting for Kendall’s favorite Catalina dressing to be added.

Checking a few minutes later, Michael saw the small brown circles his mom had told him to watch for on the surface of the bubbling yellow, and was quick to turn off the heat at the same time he checked the clock. The uncertainty of what to do next was taken care of by the sound of a key in the lock, and he quickly removed the hot Corning-ware dish his mom had suggested he use, from the oven.

He was fast enough to meet Kendall in the entry, where he was hanging up his coat. “Welcome home, Babe. I’ve been waiting for you.”

“What smells so damn good? Is Mom here?”

“Ha ha. Very funny. I’ll have you know it was all me, except for some help from Rama and one phone call.”

“To Mom?” Kendall teased as he turned from the closet to wrap his arms around his raven-haired cop. Michael sighed at the feeling it always gave him. Kendall was his home, and he breathed him in.

“Yeah, you caught me,” he admitted, grinning before finding those perfectly sculpted lips with his own. “Merry Almost Christmas, Deuce.”

“Right back at you, Ace. This will be my best one ever.”

“It’ll be mine too.” He couldn’t help the nervous glance over at the two small gifts at the bottom of the tree. Hand in hand they went to the kitchen counter. “You sit down and I’ll serve.”

“This all looks awesome. Do I smell bacon?”

“Be patient, will ya? Let the master chef do his work.”

Kendall laughed until Michael’s pout finally disappeared, replaced by a self-deprecating grin.

 

They’d taken their time over dinner and the washing up, enjoying the quietness and the easy conversation, mostly about Kendall’s work day. By the time they were done, the winter sun had set, and only the lights on the tree and windows lit the apartment. Last Sunday had been a wonderful evening of reconnecting physically and emotionally after an up and down day with Chet and Arron, and later, with Candy. But it was now Friday, and they were more than ready for another one.

Kendall had changed into a tee shirt and sleep shorts to match Michael, and they were situated back to chest on the couch watching an old beach movie that was a shared favorite. Their old routine felt good, and Michael got the most enjoyment from Kendall’s laughter behind him, shaking him every so often. It was unexpected when Kendall turned the volume down on the television.

“So, what else did you do today besides cooking an awesome meal for us?”

Michael stalled by coughing. He was hoping he wouldn’t be asked that question. “Well, I did something you’re not going to believe.” He laid his head back on Kendall’s shoulder.

“Let me guess. You called Candy about Christmas?”

“What? Shit, you’re good. How did…?” Hell, he should have known. “Okay, so… I started worrying about the girl spending it all alone, but I didn’t have to call her, so you’re only partly right. I called Janine, who told me she wasn’t going home this year either, and her plan was to spend the day with Candy. The two of them are going to make a turkey dinner, and another girlfriend is supposed to show up in the afternoon. I didn’t recognize the name, though.”

“What about Lanny?”

“He’s spending tomorrow night with Janine, and then visiting his family Christmas morning. Janine says he won’t subject her to his family yet, because they’ll all be drinking and arguing the whole time. Pretty sad, eh?”

“Yeah, it is, but it doesn’t surprise me with some of the things he’s said about them. I think his term was ‘a bunch of degenerate rednecks.’ So he’s not going to see Janine on Christmas Day?”

“This is where it gets kind of weird… but not in a bad way. Janine had to work hard to convince him, but Lanny is going to try to make it back in time for dinner with them all. Apparently, Candy apologised to him again, and said it would make her happy if he would come. The woman is definitely a different animal.”

“I told you we could trust the change in her.”

“Yes, you did, and it looks like you were right. I called Lanny and left him a message saying I thought he did the right thing for Janine’s sake and I was proud of him for trying to forgive what was done to him. How did you know what was on my mind?”

Kendall laughed. “I could say I know you better than you know yourself, but the truth is, I called Candy.”

Michael burst out laughing himself. “I should have known. So then you already knew all of this?”

“No, I didn’t know the whole story. Candy told me you’d already checked on her, and that Janine was going to be spending the day with her, and that’s all the information I got. I was interrupted by the police showing up with some questions about an accident in the driveway, and I never got back to her.”

“What were you going to do if you found out she’d be alone?”

“Same thing as you. Invite her to dinner at Mom and Dad’s. Thank God we didn’t have to, though. That would have been way too strange.”

“Yeah, it would, but it’s Christmas and you know what Mom would say.”

“She’d have been on the phone introducing herself, and telling you and me we’d have to pick her up.”

“Sounds about right. Mom puts everything aside at Christmastime.”

“So, when are we going to open our little gifts we weren’t supposed to get each other?” Kendall whispered in Michael’s ear.

Michael steeled himself, knowing Kendall would eventually forgive his impetuousness. “It’s up to you. When do you want to do this?”

“It feels like Christmas right now, doesn’t it, with all the lights sparkling? Tomorrow’s going to be crazy in Uxbridge, so this is the only night it’s just us.”

“So, you want to open them now?”

“Yup. If you do?”

“Okay. Let’s sit under the tree.”

“Good idea, but you have to get off me first. And we should put on some holiday music.”

 

“Here you go, Babe. Open mine up first.”

“I did that a few days ago,” Kendall said with a chuckle.

It took Michael a second to clue in, and then he laughed. “Yes you did, and I loved the thought you put into your gift.”

“I’m not sure I had a coherent thought the whole time, but I figured that was my gift, not yours.”

“It was both of ours… the gift that keeps on giving.” Michael’s smirk made Kendall laugh.

“I love, you, Michael Aceto.”

“I love you too. I just hope you still love me after you open your gift.”

“Why wouldn’t I…?”

“Just open it.”

Kendall looked curiously at Michael before concentrating on the square present. He opened it to find a plastic cube with pictures on all six sides… of an adorable mostly white puppy. “You got me Eyebrows?”

“I got us ‘Eyebrows,' but before you say anything, I’m sorry I didn’t consult you first. I realize now this was too big a decision to make with all the stuff going on in our lives, and you’re right about it being the wrong time for a puppy.”

“You really should have talked to me, Ace.” He handed him his gift and told him to open it.

“Are you pissed at me?”

“No, of course not. She’s beautiful. Just open your gift and then we’ll talk.”

Michael felt some relief as he opened the long narrow box. Inside was a black leather dog collar. He looked at Kendall and realization dawned on him. “You knew already? Did Bodie tell you?”

“No, he didn’t tell me, and I didn’t know.”

“Then why did you buy the dog collar? Is this for something kinky, because if it is, I’m game?”

“I’ll keep that in mind, horn-dog, but I think we have a problem. I had the same idea you had.”

“That’s awesome. We got her for each other then. That is so cool.”

“It would be if I picked the same puppy.”

“What?”

“I got you… us… a different puppy. I went there to see ‘Eyebrows’ and this other one claimed me. I should have listened to Bodie. He kept pushing, and I knew he was probably right, but the one he called ‘Patch’ climbed her way into my heart. No wonder he seemed upset when I told him I’d take her instead.”

“Shit. Two of them?” Michael started laughing. “Here I was, worrying that I shouldn’t have got one and now we have two! What the hell are we going to do?”

Kendall wasn’t laughing. “I guess we have to return one, or rather, not take one… but which one?”

“Aw, Babe. We’ll keep the little girl that worked her way onto your heart. I can love either puppy.”

“No way. We’ll keep the one you picked. That’s the one I was going to see anyway, and Bodie was really high on her. So, it’s settled.”

Michael watched Kendall closely as he went back to looking at the photographs. “Or, we could get both of them?”

“No way, we can’t do that.”

“Why not?”

“Because it’s crazy. Who, in their right mind, gets two puppies at the same time?”

“We do. Either we get the one you chose, or we get both?”

“But, that’s not being sensible, and why should we get the one I chose?”

“Because I want you to have her.”

“Well, I want you to have ‘Eyebrows.’ Heck, I loved her too.”

“You said too. You know what? I say we keep both. We have a huge house and a huge yard, and a dog-loving kid whose boyfriend is an experienced dog trainer who lives almost next door, and will likely be at our place more than we are. Not only that, Mom and Pop will be living there by spring, so there will almost always be someone there.”

“Are you done?” Kendall said with a grin, his first one since the revelation. “You’ve convinced me. We’ll keep both. The two of them slept on my lap while I was talking to Bodie, and I remember thinking that it would be nice if I didn’t have to choose. And now, I don’t.”

They both leaned forward at the same time, thanking each other with a kiss. Michael was happy that Kendall was happy. Eventually, he went back to looking at the collar. “We’re going to need another one of these, Babe.” Chuckling turned to laughter, and they ended up flat on their backs gasping for air at the ridiculousness of picking two different puppies.

 

A couple of hours later, Michael was looking down at his partner, their eyes locked. Foreplay was over, and working in unison, with Kendall pushing out and Michael pushing in, their immediate goal was achieved. All movement stopped once the big cock surged forward a few inches.

They were where they needed to be at that moment, and Michael loved watching the rosy flush rise up Kendall’s chest to his neck column. He knew what the expression on the face of the golden-haired man meant… he had experienced it himself, only days ago. It displayed that uniquely special feeling of belonging to someone in the most intimate of ways, and giving yourself to them. It was the enjoyment of the physical tension that existed temporarily, before giving way to the welcoming of your lover into your body completely. A sigh from his partner accompanied the lessening of the grip on his shaft, and Michael watched the magnificent man beneath him begin to move with languid grace, striving for more fullness.

Michael obliged with an easy nudge forward that became a steady glide. The appreciative sound from Kendall thrilled him. He lived to make this guy happy, and Kendall was definitely in a euphoric state. He writhed slightly as Michael’s groin pressed into him. When Michael leaned down to kiss him, his mouth was filled with both tongue and a groan giving voice to desire… need. Michael understood that as well. Kendall was telling him he wanted to be fucked. He was ready.

Bracing himself on both arms, Michael straightened his legs out so his knees were farther back on the bed, and began his retreat. It was slow and steady, and a handful of seconds gave an eternity of sensation before it was time to thrust back in. Poised again, just inside the entrance, Michael took notice of Kendall’s powerful hands gripping the sheets in anticipation. Everything about the man fired him up to heights he’d shared with him alone, and, keeping his eyes locked on Kendall’s face, he let himself become lost in the act of making love while he advanced forward with blissful purpose.

It was achieved when he felt his partner arch beneath him, and move his head with abandon. Michael received the signal for full steam ahead, and began fucking in earnest. He built up the pace until reaching the point he was practically slamming against the big man with each welcomed invasion, and it drove both of them deliriously crazy. Their bodies took over as they fed off each other through short strokes and long.

Kendall ended up pulling Michael onto him as the pumping became quick and erratic, trapping his wet, rigid cock between them. Michael knew what Kendall’s body was craving and made sure the friction was there, loving the feel of Kendall’s hands roaming his spine to his head, trying to get them closer still. With his lips sucking on his lover’s neck and collarbone, Michael hurtled toward the point of no return. He gave up trying to lift his head, giving in to the possessive grip Kendall had on the back of it.

With words that weren’t words, he let Kendall know he was riding the edge, waiting for him. Michael understood what was required, adjusting his body slightly, and changing the angle of his strokes so his long cock was driving upwards.

Kendall’s response was immediate. The strength of his now slippery body was astonishing as, after a few frantic gyrations at the attention his stimulated prostate was receiving, he arched more powerfully against Michael, and froze. He sounded like he was in pain, but his lover knew better. Not needing to hold back any longer, Michael gave a last thrust that sent him over the peak of the crest he’d been riding. Joining his partner’s chorus of sounds, he unloaded seconds after Kendall’s pulsing dick did the same, spreading liquid heat in the limited space between them.

Nothing in the world is better than this, was Michael’s first coherent thought as he rode his wave to the end. With each little pump, Kendall shuddered, yet his hands now gripped his partner’s ass, kneading and pulling as if to prolong their lovemaking. With a final spasm, his entire body relaxed, and he moved his hands up Michael’s back.

Michael raised his head from where it had landed on Kendall’s shoulder and gave him a supremely contented grin. “We’re getting good at this, aren’t we?”

“Hell yeah, we are,” Kendall replied with a throaty rasp. “I really think we need to do this more often.”

“Hallelujah to that. We have to make more time for us, Babe,” Michael mumbled with spent sleepiness evident in his voice as he lay his head down again.

“Says the guy who insists we keep both puppies.”

“That’s because I want my guy to have what his heart wants.”

“I already have what my heart wants, and he just took me to the moon and back.”

Michael smiled at that, and planted a kiss on the flesh his lips were touching. “Only the moon? Next time Jupiter. Count on it.”

“Jeez, I don’t think my spaceship could make that long a trip.”

“We’ll take mine, then… it’s got an extra powerful warp drive.”

Kendall laughed and groaned at the same time, as the gravity of the planet they were on caused them to separate.

“Are you okay?” Michael raised his head in concern at the sound.

“Yeah, never better… just feel kind of empty now, is all.” Kendall smiled as he spoke.

“I can cure that feeling if you want.”

“I know, and my mind is game, but I don’t think my body is. Besides, we have a mess to clean up.”

“I like being all messy with you.”

Kendall laughed again. “You say the weirdest but sweetest things. Come on. Hot shower.”

“Okay, I’m with ya, Babe.”

 

Twenty or so minutes later, they were curled up face to face, and Kendall’s eyes were closed in sleep. As tired as Michael was, he wanted to look at his partner for just a little longer. It was little more than a day from Christmas, but Michael had his gift right in front of him. The urge to have one more kiss was too strong to resist, and as he drew back, he was rewarded with the sight of Kendall’s lips curving in a hinted smile. Satisfied, he gave in to the weight of his own eyelids.

 

Michael was the first to wake up. It was closing in on 6:30am and his stomach was gurgling loudly. Sometime during the night they had shifted positions so he was behind Kendall, snuggled as close as two people could be. “Deuce, you awake?” No answer. “Babe… I think the apartment is on fire.”

“What?” Kendall’s head jerked up.

“I said I was hungry.”

Kendall groaned, stretched, and moaned. “That’s not what you said. You said the place was on fire.”

“You’re still asleep. You’re hearing things.” Michael kissed the back of his neck as he pushed his erection harder against the crease of Kendall’s hard yet soft ass.

“Oh no you don’t, big guy. There will be no seconds this morning. I’m not complaining, but that was one hell of a fuck.”

“I love it when you talk dirty,” he snickered. “I know, Babe. He was just saying good morning to you. Merry Christmas Eve.”

Kendall twisted around and Michael drank in his favorite sight… heavy-lidded turquoise on the handsome, bearded face. He watched puffy-looking lips part in a sexy grin. “Merry Christmas Eve to you too. So how come you woke me up?”

“So I could look at that face.”

Kendall laughed. “You are so full of crap. Was it because your stomach was growling?”

“No, I meant what… wait, if you knew my stomach was growling you must have been playing possum.”

“It was a lucky guess.” Kendall chuckled again. “I hear those noises damn near every morning. They’re my alarm clock. So I suppose you want to get up for breakfast?”

“I do, but this is good too. I’m feeding my soul right now.”

“I’d say you’re full of crap again, but I know exactly what you mean. I’m feeding mine too. I’ll never get tired of this.”

“Last night was amazing.”

“It always is.”

“Babe?”

“Yeah?”

“Mom will be cooking breakfast soon.”

Kendall sighed at the same time he smiled at his partner. “Not only that… if we call and let Miranda know we’ll bring Bodie home, we can pop in and see our puppies.”

“Puppies! Okay, enough soul feeding. Get up, Babe!”

 

It was a perfect early morning, sunny and filled with the aura of Christmas. Colored lights were everywhere. Wrapped Christmas gifts were in the back seat, and they were on their way to Uxbridge. Michael loved this time of year. His parents had always made it a special, even magical time for their kids, and it only got better when Kendall became a permanent part of it. There was too much going on in his sister’s life for them to make even a short trip, so he was determined Nate wouldn’t be too affected by his first holiday without his immediate family. The boy had become much more solid in his outlook, and Michael knew he understood better than anyone, the necessity of this separation. Besides, the kid had Bodie, who was the new center of his universe.

Kendall wheeled Beauty in to get gas. “I might as well fill her up now. There’ll be a lot of people out doing last minute shopping or traveling.”

“Good idea. Most of the stations will be closed tomorrow, and there’ll be lineups on Boxing Day. Something tells me we’ll probably be doing some driving over the next few days. We’ll be Nate’s taxi service, you know, and Mom likes us to drive around and look at all the decorations in the area.”

“That’s what I was thinking. Be right back.” Leaned over, he kissed Michael thoroughly just as a woman passed in front of their truck. She smiled at them, and continued on. Kendall exited, and Michael watched his man through the side mirrors, pumping gas. The contented grin never left his face, and, feeling truly blessed and suddenly spiritual, he sent a silent ‘thank you’ to the man above.

 

Back on the road again, they were quiet for a while. Traffic was picking up quite a bit, and Kendall had to pay attention to drivers darting in and out of plazas along the busy section of shops they were in. Surprisingly, there were already horns blaring as people hurried to get their shopping lists taken care of. It appeared every store in town had opened extra early. Once they were north of Markham, the hectic pace lessened.

“Do you remember the first time you ever bought me flowers?”

Michael was startled out of thoughts of their new home. “Of course I do. A dozen red roses. Why?”

“That wasn’t the first time.”

“It wasn’t? I thought the night I proposed was the first time?”

“Nope. Do you remember right after I moved into the apartment… like, less than a week later? I was sick as a dog, and flat on my back. I could hardly move, and you had to do everything for me.”

“I remember. You were puking on and off for two days.”

“It was the second time you looked after me when I was sick.” They shared a smile as they reflected on the significance of the first time. “And you bought me a potted flower.”

“Oh yeah. I went to the store for something… more ginger ale, I think. They had these Easter lilies on clearance, and I bought you one to cheer you up. I’d forgotten all about that.”

“I never forgot. It was such a sweet thing to do, Ace.”

“Well, it would have been if I hadn’t broke the thing practically in half when I lifted it out of the back seat.”

“I didn’t care. You propped it up on the counter so it leaned against the wall, and it worked. It cheered me up. You had no idea how much that one white flower meant to me.” He looked over at Michael, and Michael could see a sheen over the turquoise. “You went back out for something else, and I got up and tried to fix the broken stalk.”

“That’s right! You scotch-taped it, didn’t you?”

“No. I cut a piece of the drinking straw from my ginger ale, and slit it so it would fit over the stem. It worked pretty well too. I kept that thing alive for three more weeks.”

“I’m sorry I didn’t know what it meant to you, Deuce.” Michael felt a little stab in his heart.

“Don’t even, Michael. Don’t feel bad for doing such a nice thing, okay?”

“Okay. Oh, now I get it.”

“Get what?”

“Why you wanted a vase of white lilies on the mantle for our wedding. You said you wanted it in between the red roses.” A lump formed in Michael’s throat. His partner was a deep and thoughtful human being.

“Yeah, that’s why. There had to be lilies,” Kendall said softly as he stared at the road ahead.

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Because I didn’t think you’d remember… and I didn’t want to sound too sentimental.”

“Pull over onto that next road and we’ll take the back way up to Mom and Dad’s. The roads are clear.”

Kendall looked curiously at Michael, but did as suggested. There was no traffic on the county road.

“Stop the truck.”

“Why?”

“Because I need a hug and I don’t want to wait.”

That was all Kendall had to hear, apparently, because he pulled the big vehicle over. Michael slid sideways and pulled him close, squeezing tightly.

“I love that you’re sentimental, and the fact you care about all the little stuff means the world to me. I really am the luckiest guy in the world.”

“Second luckiest.”

“No, you’re not winning this one. You’re the wind beneath my wings.”

“Oh, dear God. I said that to you once, and you looked at me like I was nuts. You said it was the corniest thing you’d ever heard.”

“I’ve learned a lot since then. What? Too sentimental?” he teased.

Kendall laughed. “No, really, it’s sweet. I know what you’re doing.”

“We can say anything to each other, right? Nothing’s too corny or sappy. Don’t ever hold anything back, okay?”

“Message received.”

“Good. And just for the record… I loved when you said it to me. We should get going. I think I can smell Mom’s breakfast from here.”

Kendall laughed again. “So we’re back to your stomach again?”

“Priorities, Babe,” Michael replied while grinning smugly.

As Kendall started to pull back into their lane, Michael stopped him. “Did you bring up the flowers because of the wedding?”

“Actually, no. I was thinking about the newest members of our growing family. Bodie said he thought we should name the puppy… puppies… something other than their kennel names, and I see his point about them deserving people names.”

“Yeah, he told me something like that too. ‘Eyebrows’ is not a good name for a dog.”

“Neither is ‘Patch.’ What would you think of calling our two new girls Lily and Rose? Lily would be ‘Eyebrows’ of course, and Rose would be ‘Patch.’

“Absolutely perfect. They’re not just names, are they. I like that.”

“No… they’re memories.” Kendall smiled as he got them back on the road toward breakfast.

Lily and Rose. Their big house was filling up. If Nate didn’t already know about Rose, he was going to go crazy at the news. One more thing to keep his mind off his family not being able to make the trip. Michael couldn’t imagine Bodie telling him, and chuckled aloud. “Nate doesn’t know about Rose, does he?”

“No, I told Bodie not to tell anyone, including Nate.”

“Good. That boy is going to go apeshit. Kids and puppies, you know?”

Kendall gave him a teasing grin. “Yeah right. Kids and puppies. Uh huh.”

A big thank you to my editor, Timothy M., and to all those who support this story. Join me in the COTT thread of the promising author forum:
www.gayauthors.org/forums/topic/39932-cards-on-the-table-by-headstall/
Copyright © 2017 Headstall; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 61
  • Love 20
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



They are going to be one busy couple with a new house, a teenager, two puppies and eventually, the baby. Well. they will have the parents staying with them who can give them a hand but still. Love the story and look forward to more.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Hey Gary :hug:
I just finished binge reading all the chapters I missed. Sorry, I didn't review them yet but I wanted to be the one to review a chapter first :lol: I did once eat a macaroni and cheese casserole my sister prepared :) and it was great :thumbup: I am sure all the others taste great as well (my family's vegetarian and so am I, by association :( ) Two puppies YAY!!!! I loved that bit :D I hope we will be meeting "Patch" soon :huh::) you really did turn Candy around, like a total 180. but yeah most of the times, when people redeem themselves, they are not given a chance and I feel happy that this is not the case here :) coming to the chapter, this one is all about love and showing it :) and about love scenes, DAMMIT, you made me feel like guilty because I felt like I was intruding on a beautiful exchange between two people in love :angry::P
I also want to take this moment to tell you that another thing I love about your stories in general is that you maintain the chapter titles and the chapter notes in theme with the story title and yet make them connect to the content :):thumbup: I have always meant to tell you this but I keep forgetting :( . anyways thank you for a new chapter Gary :hug: it was a nice surprise :)

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Aww!!! :wub:

 

I loved how Michael made dinner for Kendall, especially since that was practically his first time. :)
I really like how couples do things for each other. I mean, I know many couples have certain responsibilities: one does the laundry and the other the cooking for example. So, when they do the things their partner normally does, my heart melts. And I can see this growing beyond a "special-occasion" thing for Michael. I can see him learning more about cooking, and ultimately sharing that task with Kendall. :)

 

And OMG, Kendall's story about the white lily :heart: my eyes started glistening, I could see how much it meant to both of them.
And using Lily and Rose for the names of their new puppies is absolutely perfect.! They will become living memories of two important moments in M&K's lives. I know Nate will be over the moon when he finds out 'Eyebrows' and 'Patch' :D

 

Finally, I agree with Victor, I feel like I am intruding on M&K when they have their beautiful and intimate moments. But, I gotta say, you're killin' us with all these amazing love scenes; first in TW and now in COTT, all in one week! :P LOL.

 

Thank you so much for this chapter Gary! :hug:

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Christmas is such a special time, and I'm glad you kept it meaningful, but lower key--not TOO mushy, but definitely emotional for our heroes. And those cal rimes will soon be a memory, with new baby, new house to be remodeled, moving mom and say, new puppies, new teenager(s) plus continuing their jobs. Exhausted for them already!
A nicely done next step in the story...congrats!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

So the sexual content warning... maybe it should be a spontaneous combustion warning? :P Really, M & K's alone time is always wonderful, even if they're just hanging out on the couch watching tv. It's the emotional connection between them that gets to me. The love making is so hot because of how much each man wants the other to feel pleasure... to feel physically how much they love the other. Alone time is going to come at a premium very soon so they really need to enjoy all of the quiet moments they can get.

 

The puppies... OMG I love the names! The reason behind the names was really touching and very Kendall. This happened when Kendall was still hiding his feelings, yet somehow Michael managed to do something so sweet and so loving (and I count taking care of a sick Kendall in this). It's really no wonder Kendall was carrying a torch for so long, I think most of your readers are half in love with him themselves ;). I can understand why the lilies would be special to him.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

He cooked ... that house is gonna be so crazy and so full of love, puppies and kids and kids and puppies ... M&K have gone from from two single friends to a family.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Duplicate Paws should have been the title.
Or duplicate tails, or muzzles, or barks, or piles of ...OK that's going too far!

 

What a great little surprise Gary! Coming right on the heals of the surprise of Michael "cooking" and the suddenly warm Candy. So the story moves relentlessly toward the day when a baby arrives and another day when Nate's parents do, to take him back.

 

dugh is right, after the New Year and over the subsequent months the new house will be full of family and life!

 

Another Great chapter! You make each one a pleasure.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

What a couple! Cooking, puppies, flowers and memories... sigh so cute.
Poor Bodie must have been bursting to say something :) I'm not sure I would have been able to keep quiet about it. Certainly not without a big grin on my face.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 03/17/2016 07:52 AM, avidreadr said:

They are going to be one busy couple with a new house, a teenager, two puppies and eventually, the baby. Well. they will have the parents staying with them who can give them a hand but still. Love the story and look forward to more.

Thanks, Avid! I'm happy you still love the story. Yes, the boys are going to be busy, but they have a while yet before the baby is due. And Nate is a pretty good boy as far as teenagers go... fingers crossed. I am missing my dog so two puppies sound amazing to me lol. Thanks for a terrific review... cheers... Gary...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/17/2016 08:00 AM, Victor Gutte said:

Hey Gary :hug:

I just finished binge reading all the chapters I missed. Sorry, I didn't review them yet but I wanted to be the one to review a chapter first :lol: I did once eat a macaroni and cheese casserole my sister prepared :) and it was great :thumbup: I am sure all the others taste great as well (my family's vegetarian and so am I, by association :( ) Two puppies YAY!!!! I loved that bit :D I hope we will be meeting "Patch" soon :huh::) you really did turn Candy around, like a total 180. but yeah most of the times, when people redeem themselves, they are not given a chance and I feel happy that this is not the case here :) coming to the chapter, this one is all about love and showing it :) and about love scenes, DAMMIT, you made me feel like guilty because I felt like I was intruding on a beautiful exchange between two people in love :angry::P

I also want to take this moment to tell you that another thing I love about your stories in general is that you maintain the chapter titles and the chapter notes in theme with the story title and yet make them connect to the content :):thumbup: I have always meant to tell you this but I keep forgetting :( . anyways thank you for a new chapter Gary :hug: it was a nice surprise :)

Thank you for an awesome review, Victor. I'm pleased you liked where I went with Candy. I wasn't sure how readers would react. Lily and Rose are coming up so you will meet them soon... I love puppies, as I know you do. Thank you for commenting on the chapter titles... sometimes it's not east to find one that connects to the content, with so many chapters in the story now, but I try :) . The love scenes happen because of all the feeling the boys have... it's a natural extension of the story, but it is the afterwards that is special to me. Thanks again, buddy, for an encouraging review. I'm looking forward to the other ones... cheers... Gary...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/17/2016 08:29 AM, Drew Espinosa said:

Aww!!! :wub:

 

I loved how Michael made dinner for Kendall, especially since that was practically his first time. :)

I really like how couples do things for each other. I mean, I know many couples have certain responsibilities: one does the laundry and the other the cooking for example. So, when they do the things their partner normally does, my heart melts. And I can see this growing beyond a "special-occasion" thing for Michael. I can see him learning more about cooking, and ultimately sharing that task with Kendall. :)

 

And OMG, Kendall's story about the white lily :heart: my eyes started glistening, I could see how much it meant to both of them.

And using Lily and Rose for the names of their new puppies is absolutely perfect.! They will become living memories of two important moments in M&K's lives. I know Nate will be over the moon when he finds out 'Eyebrows' and 'Patch' :D

 

Finally, I agree with Victor, I feel like I am intruding on M&K when they have their beautiful and intimate moments. But, I gotta say, you're killin' us with all these amazing love scenes; first in TW and now in COTT, all in one week! :P LOL.

 

Thank you so much for this chapter Gary! :hug:

Cooking can become addictive because it is so creative. I agree. I can see Michael doing this again for his guy. He was quite proud of himself. :) . I'm glad you liked the lily story. I've been holding onto it for a while, and was relieved no one asked about the Lilies on the mantle when it came up a bunch of chapters ago. I thought it was sweet how, with Michael's POV we saw how making Christmas special for Nate was paramount to him. I'm sire Nate will go crazy over getting both puppies. As far as the love scenes, I wrote TW's a fair while ago now, but they ended up being posted in the same week. Thanks for another of your typically amazing reviews, little buddy... cheers... Gary...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/17/2016 09:18 AM, Robert Rex said:

Christmas is such a special time, and I'm glad you kept it meaningful, but lower key--not TOO mushy, but definitely emotional for our heroes. And those cal rimes will soon be a memory, with new baby, new house to be remodeled, moving mom and say, new puppies, new teenager(s) plus continuing their jobs. Exhausted for them already!

A nicely done next step in the story...congrats!

Thank you, Rex! They're young. They can handle it :) . I'm glad you liked it. I so appreciate your review and your support... cheers... Gary....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/17/2016 09:26 AM, scottshiplett said:

Another great addition to a great story. Thanks for keeping it going :)

Your welcome, scott! Thank you for the review and the support. These are what keep me going... cheers... Gary...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/17/2016 09:51 AM, LitLover said:

So the sexual content warning... maybe it should be a spontaneous combustion warning? :P Really, M & K's alone time is always wonderful, even if they're just hanging out on the couch watching tv. It's the emotional connection between them that gets to me. The love making is so hot because of how much each man wants the other to feel pleasure... to feel physically how much they love the other. Alone time is going to come at a premium very soon so they really need to enjoy all of the quiet moments they can get.

 

The puppies... OMG I love the names! The reason behind the names was really touching and very Kendall. This happened when Kendall was still hiding his feelings, yet somehow Michael managed to do something so sweet and so loving (and I count taking care of a sick Kendall in this). It's really no wonder Kendall was carrying a torch for so long, I think most of your readers are half in love with him themselves ;). I can understand why the lilies would be special to him.

Thank you, Lit. I think these are two guys that will make sure their relationship is always nurtured. Sometimes, just a shared look can be alone time. That emotional connection after a lovemaking, is to me, one of the most special things in this world. I love writing it... the feeling of it.

I'm very pleased you liked the puppy names. Lily and Rose are part of the family now. I kept waiting for someone to ask about the lilies for the wedding, but I guess I did a sneaky enough job of slipping it in. Michael getting a sick Kendall the lily was something I could picture from beginning to end, and it almost made it in to the story a few times, but I'm glad I waited for the moment I did. Thank you, my friend, for your constant support... cheers... Gary...

  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 03/17/2016 11:49 AM, dughlas said:

He cooked ... that house is gonna be so crazy and so full of love, puppies and kids and kids and puppies ... M&K have gone from from two single friends to a family.

Yes, he did. Michael is a sweet man. He'll need to cook more often with all the things happening in their lives. You can't feed kids on take-out... at least not properly. Puppies! I want a dog so bad... thanks for the great review, dugh... cheers... Gary...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/17/2016 01:49 PM, skinnydragon said:

Duplicate Paws should have been the title.

Or duplicate tails, or muzzles, or barks, or piles of ...OK that's going too far!

 

What a great little surprise Gary! Coming right on the heals of the surprise of Michael "cooking" and the suddenly warm Candy. So the story moves relentlessly toward the day when a baby arrives and another day when Nate's parents do, to take him back.

 

dugh is right, after the New Year and over the subsequent months the new house will be full of family and life!

 

Another Great chapter! You make each one a pleasure.

LOL. Yes, that would be too far. But they are going to have to deal with those :) . Michael cooking, and TWO puppies. I don't know which ranks as the biggest surprise. And yeah, Michael worrying about how Candy spent Christmas... who'd of thought. Thank you for the kind words, and the review, buddy... cheers... Gary...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/17/2016 11:11 PM, Bucket1 said:

What a couple! Cooking, puppies, flowers and memories... sigh so cute.

Poor Bodie must have been bursting to say something :) I'm not sure I would have been able to keep quiet about it. Certainly not without a big grin on my face.

I think Bodie would be worried, more than anything, when Kendall picked a different puppy form the one he was supposed to. I believe he'll be relieved that it turned out well. I would love to have two puppies myself :) . Memories... Michael made such romantic ones without even realizing it another example of how much Kendall meant to him... thanks for this, my good friend... cheers... Gary...

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Hahahahaha... two puppies.. omg. Good luck with that. Oh look, you made Michael cook just like mine has been.. i knew it could happen. Neither of them have killed anyone yet. So what else, kid, teen, dogs, house.. oh.. my

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Talk about a full house.. Two dogs, a teen and a baby? They are going to need hands in triplicate. Oh wait, there's also a mom and dad moving in.. There will never be another quiet moment in the new house. But it's the best ever kind of noisy. It's life, love and family..
Michael cooked! How awesome is that! It never fails to amaze how much on the same page M&K are. From the dogs to even Candy..
The puppy names are perfect. After the lily story, it was even more obvious that the guys were always going to be friends and lovers. Even if one of them (shh) was a little slow to get there. It was so worth it to get to where they are now..

 

Thank you for another wonderful chapter Gary.. This one really had me smiling..

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

To sjæle, én tanke is what we say in Danish for great minds think alike. The literal meaning is Two souls, one thought (mind), but with M&K we might as well say Two hearts, one love. This chapter revealed how they had both collected the same cards: A puppy for the man they love, care for the mother of their unborn child, a need for expressing their feelings: romantic, sensual, horny or longing for togetherness.
I loved that they had a quiet and hot Christmas time together before the madness of Nodie and family descends on them. Everything is coming together for a wonderful future for the best Cards on the Table of your story: Ace and Deuce.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 03/18/2016 08:02 AM, Mikiesboy said:

Hahahahaha... two puppies.. omg. Good luck with that. Oh look, you made Michael cook just like mine has been.. i knew it could happen. Neither of them have killed anyone yet. So what else, kid, teen, dogs, house.. oh.. my

Lily and Rose could be a handful, but with Bodie's assistance, maybe not so bad. Michael cooking is a very big deal. It's not what he's used to, but he'll do anything for his guy. Michael's are like that :) , and a kitchen like they're getting will be inspiring. It's a lot going on, but there's nothing wrong with having it all. I think they're capable, especially with Colleen and Agnes to back them up. Thanks for the review and the support, tim... cheers... Gary...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/18/2016 08:25 AM, Defiance19 said:

Talk about a full house.. Two dogs, a teen and a baby? They are going to need hands in triplicate. Oh wait, there's also a mom and dad moving in.. There will never be another quiet moment in the new house. But it's the best ever kind of noisy. It's life, love and family..

Michael cooked! How awesome is that! It never fails to amaze how much on the same page M&K are. From the dogs to even Candy..

The puppy names are perfect. After the lily story, it was even more obvious that the guys were always going to be friends and lovers. Even if one of them (shh) was a little slow to get there. It was so worth it to get to where they are now..

 

Thank you for another wonderful chapter Gary.. This one really had me smiling..

Thanks, Def. I'm glad you liked it. Quiet is over-rated :) . I've held the lily story back, and I'm glad I did because the timing worked for this chapter, I think. Yeah, even with Candy, these guys are on the same page now. And lol, Michael knows he was slow on the uptake, but he doesn't beat himself up too much anymore. He had a moment when the Easter lily came up, but Kendall wouldn't allow him to guilt trip... it was sweet, what Michael did, and meant a lot at the time. Kendall gets most of the POV's, but I always love when Michael tells me he wants his. I'm glad his chapter had you smiling... this review has me smiling... I always appreciate your thoughts and your constant support... cheers, my friend... Gary....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/20/2016 01:47 AM, Timothy M. said:

To sjæle, én tanke is what we say in Danish for great minds think alike. The literal meaning is Two souls, one thought (mind), but with M&K we might as well say Two hearts, one love. This chapter revealed how they had both collected the same cards: A puppy for the man they love, care for the mother of their unborn child, a need for expressing their feelings: romantic, sensual, horny or longing for togetherness.

I loved that they had a quiet and hot Christmas time together before the madness of Nodie and family descends on them. Everything is coming together for a wonderful future for the best Cards on the Table of your story: Ace and Deuce.

Thank you for a lovely review. As Def said, they are almost always on the same page, and this chapter was about that. I think it was important we got Michael's POV in this one. Even when he didn't know the whys of it, he was doing lover type things for Kendall, and as someone (Lit) said earlier, it's no wonder Kendall hung in there so long. Once again you got perfectly, the significance of the title. And yes, I too wanted them to share this quiet time together... after all, the story breathes with the love they have for one another, and there are times it is all that's needed. Their future, as busy as it may be, indeed looks good... cheers, Tim... Gary...

  • Like 1
Link to comment

So very beautiful. Gary, you are so very, very good at this. I loved the love scene. Magnificent. So wonderfully evocative and so right. I wish I could find better words to do it justice. Thank you!
And the build up to Christmas spent with the ones you love best. What could be better?! Puppies and kids! Wow! What a great combination that just speaks of family. And this is such an amazing family you are creating here.
The sheer wonder and beauty and romance of it all really gets to me, so I cried through most of the chapter too, you will be happy to know. Thank you again!

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..