Jump to content
    Headstall
  • Author
  • 229 Words
  • 918 Views
  • 17 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Headstall's Poetry Prompts - 23. Chapter 23-Prompt 15, and 5- My Door and Alone Again-Before and After

A little Free verse, and Rhyming Couplets?

Headstall’s Poetry Prompts

 

 

Prompt 15- Free Verse- My Door

 

 

 

Sweet morning arrives to a car going by

A slow steady whine that grows and then dies

I wake up alone, and play ‘I wonder why’

My spirit is soaring while on wings my hope flies

 

Is it for the sunlight that borders my window

Or maybe the whinny I hear from outside

My sleep muddled brain pretends not to know

Delicious to play, but I can’t stem the tide

 

Because this is the day my full heart waits for

The culmination of my yearning and love

In a few torturous hours you’ll walk through my door

And for that I will thank the good Lord above

 

 

 

 

 

Prompt 5- Rhymes and Couplets- Alone Again

 

 

I abhor the loneliness creeping back

I don’t remember night ever looking so black

Please don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining

But it’s hard to be sunny, when inside I’m raining

You do what you have to, I understand

It’s my choice too, you offered your hand

I know you’ll be calling, you always do

And I’ll be here waiting to connect hearts with you

When our talk ends, and the line goes dead

I’ll breathe in the scent where you rested your head

Different, but these belong together. Before and After.
Copyright © 2015 Headstall; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 11
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I think Alone Again is heartbreaking. The joy and anticipation in My Door completely dissipates. I love this pairing. Thank you.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/10/2015 06:59 AM, Parker Owens said:

I think Alone Again is heartbreaking. The joy and anticipation in My Door completely dissipates. I love this pairing. Thank you.

Thanks Parker. I'm glad you liked the pairing. Life... and love... are sometimes a seesaw, and these were the up and down of it. I appreciate the review, and the thoughtful and kind words... cheers... Gary...

Link to comment

Gary, you're right. These two do belong together. They are wonderfully written and where My Door is full of anticipation, Alone Again is so sad. They make me want to hug you.
Thanks for sharing these Gary.

 

tim

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/10/2015 08:17 AM, Mikiesboy said:

Gary, you're right. These two do belong together. They are wonderfully written and where My Door is full of anticipation, Alone Again is so sad. They make me want to hug you.

Thanks for sharing these Gary.

 

tim

Thanks, tim. I appreciate that. 'Alone Again' is really more about acceptance of the sadness that follows the absence. Thanks for the review... your words are comforting... cheers, my friend... Gary...

Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

Beautifully written testaments to the highs and lows of loving someone.
As always, your skill with words amazes me Gary. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/10/2015 09:47 AM, Reader1810 said:

Beautifully written testaments to the highs and lows of loving someone.

As always, your skill with words amazes me Gary. :)

Thanks, Reader... highs and lows is a good way of putting it. I appreciate the lovely review... Cheers. my friend... Gary...

Link to comment
On 11/10/2015 12:00 PM, LitLover said:

These made me miss my husband, even though he's sitting right beside me right now. :*)

Just beautiful, Gary

Thanks, Lit. That was a lovely thing to hear. I appreciate the kind words and the review... cheers... Gary...

Link to comment

A big :hug: for you Gary :) These are a lovely pair of poems :yes: I agree with Tim, the first is full of anticipation and the second is full of sadness.

 

Thank you Gary for writing this poems :hug:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/10/2015 01:18 PM, Drew Espinosa said:

A big :hug: for you Gary :) These are a lovely pair of poems :yes: I agree with Tim, the first is full of anticipation and the second is full of sadness.

 

Thank you Gary for writing this poems :hug:

Your welcome, Drew lol. But really, I am thanking you. I think I am most vulnerable when I write poetry, so when people like it enough to say so, it's a powerful thing. Your constant support is so encouraging... cheers... Gary...

Link to comment
On 11/10/2015 01:32 PM, EagleIsaac said:

All I can say is - I know what this feels like.

Thanks, Eagle. It's worth it though, isn't it. I love how you're not afraid to be open and honest. Cheers, my friend...Gary...

Link to comment
On 11/10/2015 01:46 PM, Defiance19 said:

Gary,

Both were candid and full of emotion. They do belong together... I recognise them well enough.

Thanks, Def. I rely so much on hearing what you think. In such a short phrase, you say so much. Thank you so much... cheers... Gary...

Link to comment

Hello Gary,

I'm not a critic; I simply abhor that kinda thing. All I can tell you is that, the "after" is far more superior than the "before". "before" seems to be trying too hard, where "after" succeeds effortlessly. I usually don't comment, your "after" commanded me too. Thank you for sharing them both. 

Edited by asamvav111
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Hey, asamvav! That's the wonderful thing about poetry, isn't it? How we all see it differently? I'm very pleased one of these stirred you enough to comment. I wrote these within days of each other, and the emotions behind them were very real. I never write to impress, so there will always be those poems that don't pass muster with some. Thank you for a refreshing and honest comment... be well, my friend... cheers... Gary....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
4 hours ago, asamvav111 said:

Hello Gary,

I'm not a critic; I simply abhor that kinda thing. All I can tell you is that, the "after" is far more superior than the "before". "before" seems to be trying too hard, where "after" succeeds effortlessly. I usually don't comment, your "after" commanded me too. Thank you for sharing them both. 

Oooops... screwed this up... see above :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..