Jump to content
    HinderToyBL
  • Author
  • 5,283 Words
  • 5,389 Views
  • 20 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Crossing the Moon - 12. Nolan

The group of men woke up around noon. The stress that had built up throughout their ongoing search for answers, along with their sensual activities, had taken a toll on all of them. Pax was the first to actually climb off the bed to make food for the others.

The silver-haired werewolf left Mateo the car keys so that he and Quin could get the supplies they needed to provide January with the proper daylight protection. Since January had been to the Acacia Library before, he was able to teleport right inside it without the risk of stepping out into the sunlight. The library itself already had all kinds of protections for visiting vampires.

When the three of them ate, dressed, and were ready to go, January opened up a portal. He had been to the Acacia Library many times, so it was easy enough to picture as he conjured the portal. Once inside the library, the redhead immediately walked to one of the computers to see if the Moonlight Tome was truly there.

"No results," Jany stated with a hint of disappointment in his voice. "Many books with the word 'moon' and 'moonlight' in it, but none of them are what we're looking for."

"Maybe we can find another book that mentions it?" Elias said thoughtfully. All of the ancient stories that they knew had been passed down. Surely, the people of that period documented everything about the gods. "And we can check for other books that talk about Khonsu way back when. If Khonsu being a guy was really a thing, there can't just be one book that talks about it."

"It can if someone wanted to hide that fact," Jany pointed out. "Someone very powerful..." He had been told by his grandparents of an era when many gods were in feuds and fought over territories on the mortal plain. Their current gods generally remained in their own territories. But, it hadn't always been that way.

The trio was at a bank of computers, searching fruitlessly when a vampire with dark, slicked-back hair wearing a button-up shirt rolled to his elbows and suited pants approached them and cleared his throat.

"I am the Librarian of Acacia Library," the man said importantly, looking down his narrow nose at them. "Was there something I could help you locate?"

"We are looking for older texts concerning the Goddess Khonsu and anything that might relate to her sex or the source of her feud with Anubis," January replied, his words formal.

"Hmm, anything available for viewing can be found on those computers by searching the archives," the Librarian told them with a frown. "They have been exhaustively cataloged and cross-referenced."

"What about books that aren't out for viewing?" Eli asked. "How can we check those?"

"You can't," the Librarian said with a huff. "If they are not available for viewing, then they will not be viewed by the public. Especially not by anyone not in the upper echelons of vampire society." He looked Elias and Pax up and down dismissively before turning to January. "If you wish to view non-public texts, there is a process. You will need to find at least four Elders to vouch for your need, an exhaustive explanation in writing as to the nature of your need, and a personal meeting with myself and at least two of the Elders vouching for you. At that time, your request will be processed. Within six to eight weeks following that meeting, you will receive notification as to whether your request has been accepted or denied." The Librarian continued before they could respond. "Now, if you will excuse me, I'm a very busy man. Request forms can be found at the front desk. Good day."

The vampire turned on his heel and walked away, dismissing them.

"What a dick," Elias said quietly. He looked up at January. "We can't wait all that time for something that might not even help us. We need information as soon as possible."

"I agree, my emerald." January pulled Eli close blocking him from the sight of the few patrons in the library. "But I believe we have even more pressing issues than the Moonlight Tome. It would appear we are near to another of our mates. Your stone glows."

Elias looked down, surprised to find his bonding stone shining softly where it rested on his chest.

"Holy shit," Eli blurted loudly, causing a few heads to turn in their direction as he clapped a hand over his mouth. "Sorry."

"I believe discretion may be in order," January said with a soft smile and a kiss to the Omega's temple. " Pax and I should be able to keep you between us and mostly out of sight. If you cup the stone in your hands, perhaps we can keep from drawing too much attention."

Elias and Pax nodded, the large wolf moving to stand on their Omega's other side, as Eli held the Khonsu Stone in his palms with just a sliver visible. The men stayed with Elias as he walked haltingly. Pax or January occasionally picked up a book and leafed through it, trying to look natural. Elias appeared to be enthralled in a game on a brightly lit cell phone instead of a flickering bonding gem. It didn't take them long before they were at the back of the library near a heavy reinforced door.

"That's it, he's behind that door somewhere," Eli said excitedly.

Pax tried the knob and frowned. "It's locked. Do either of you know how to pick a lock?"

"I've seen on YouTube where..." Eli began.

"Someone is coming," January said quietly, sweeping Elias into his arms and ducking behind a massive bookcase filled to capacity with Pax on his heels.

The Librarian appeared, muttering angrily to himself as he approached the door.

"Little bastard doesn't understand I have deadlines," the vampire grumbled, a vein pulsing in his temple. "I swear if he ruins this deal for me..." The Librarian pressed his palm to the middle of the door, which glowed for a moment, then clicked open. The man flung it wide and stomped in, leaving the door to slowly close on its own.

January quickly rushed to the door with inhuman speed, holding it open and waving for his mates to slip inside, as well. As Elias walked, he leaned down to whisper in his ear. "My apologies for having grabbed you so suddenly to hide you behind the bookshelf without asking first."

"It was... Uh..." Eli blushed and giggled. "It was kind of exciting," the Omega admitted, whispering back as he looked at January with heat in his emerald eyes. "But thank you for caring about wanting my permission." The Omega tucked his stone under his shirt, dimming its light, which was pulsing faster and brighter. It shone through the fabric but was blocked enough it didn't light up the room and draw unwanted attention. "Holy crap, we're definitely on the right track. It's flashing like crazy." Elias frowned. "Ugh, it better not be that Librarian guy. He was a douche-canoe."

"Let's keep quiet and follow the stone," Pax urged as he took hold of Eli's hand and Eli took hold of Jany's in turn. The three of them walked down the hallway, which ended with a set of stairs leading downward.

"How much longer is this going to take?" came the angry shout of the Librarian from below them. "I have paying customers waiting! You're worthless."

They heard the sound of flesh striking flesh, making Eli's neck prickle as he bit back an instinctive growl.

"Do I need to remind you of your position again?" the Librarian continued. "Your maker didn't want you anymore. I took you in out of the kindness of my heart, with the expectation that you would earn your keep. You are useless at warming my bed; it's like I'm fucking a corpse. And I give you simple research to complete, information to compile..."

"It's only been half a day," a soft, nervous voice answered. "I-I'm sorry. There's... I need more time than that. I have to figure out how to bypass the system without it being traceable and..."

January, Pax, and Eli hurried faster down the steps as quietly as they could when they heard someone grunt in pain.

"I was told I'd be paid double if I got it done today, so you're damn well getting it done today. I don't care what kind of motivation I have to give you."

The trio spilled down the last steps into a small, cold room. Books, papers, laptops, and computers seemed to cover every available surface, including the small cot that held a cringing man that the Librarian was looming over in a threatening manner. The smaller vampire had inky black hair that hung in layers to hide most of his pale face. He cried out as the Librarian swung, catching the ebony-haired man across the cheekbone with his fist. Eli and Pax both snarled in rage, but January got there first as the Khonsu Stone blazed like a flashing star even through Eli's shirt.

The sickening sound of a bone cracking echoed in the basement as the redheaded vampire twisted the librarian's arm behind him and held it firmly in place. "What is this?" January hissed as he tightened his hold, causing the librarian to cry out. "Striking a made vampire is no different than striking a human. Anubis would have your head."

Elias rushed to the man on the cot as the Librarian squealed in pain. Pax took up a protective position between his Omega and the howling Librarian. Eli leaned over the inky-haired man, causing the bonding stone to slip from his shirt. The Omega leaned closer, brushing the vampire's hair from his striking orange eyes. The stone touched the vampire's chest and a bright flash filled the room. When Elias looked down, swirls of orange added themselves to the gem. Around each different color, only a tracing of clear stone was left behind.

"It's you," Eli said softly. "We found you. Are you okay?"

The man nodded jerkily, his pumpkin-colored eyes wide as the petite wolf looked him over, gentle fingers brushing the nasty bruise on the vampire's cheek and the cut on his lip that trickled blood.

January shot a look towards Elias and the other vampire. "See that? He's even an Omega's mate. You've lost all right to him." He then peered over at Pax. "This twisted man knows too much. Though I haven't used the technique in centuries, I can make him forget he ever came across that young one and that we were ever here."

"You can make people forget things?" Pax wondered aloud.

Jany shook his head. "It only works on born vampires. It doesn't work on made vampires or any other species."

"Now, see here!" the Librarian sputtered, face twisted in pain. "This is my library, and that is my charge! I don't know who you are or what you're on about, but I suggest you leave immediately! We have important work to do. Nolan stays here; he's mine!"

"Break his pinkies, Jany," Eli snarled, hugging his new mate to his chest.

"This dream is amazing," Nolan murmured, muffled by Eli's shirt as the vampire nuzzled close, wrapping his arms around the Omega's waist. "Maybe they'll let me sleep today and I can stay here a little longer," he finished with a wistful sigh.

Just as January placed the palm of his hand on the librarian's shoulder, he shifted his attention to Nolan. "Wait, they?" He questioned. "How many people know you're down here?"

"My master and his brother," Nolan said simply, peeking out from Eli's chest. "He works here, I think. He's here all the time. Sometimes he comes to play with me." Nolan shivered, tucking himself closer to Eli. "They stay up until I've fallen asleep and then one of them calls my name to wake me, so I can work through the day while they rest. So I can earn my keep."

With the simple touch of his hand on the librarian's shoulder, January dove into the vampire's mind. Every thought pertaining to the orange-eyed vampire were gathered to him like small pieces of iron to a strong magnet. When he lifted his hand off the man's shoulder, a violet aura surrounded it. The librarian passed out onto the floor and Jany panted with exertion as he closed his fists on the retrieved memories.

"Let's go," January suggested as he regained control of his breathing. "Nolan, was it?" He urged as he turned towards their new mate. "You're going to have to point out to me who this man's brother is when we get upstairs."

"Sure," Nolan said brightly. "I'll try to do some of that lucid dreaming to make sure he's at the counter." The vampire frowned as Eli helped him up, their new mate standing a few inches taller than their Omega. "You won't let this turn into a nightmare, right? If it might, I don't want to see him."

Pax was as confused as he was concerned for their new mate. All he could do for the sake of his mates was keep a look out down the hallway and a wary eye on the unconscious librarian. But, January didn't skip a beat.

The purple-eyed vampire's smirk was downright feral. "You have nothing to be frightened of," he responded. "This will be no nightmare."

Pax and Eli then helped keep Nolan upright as the four of them left the basement. Once they arrived at the reception area of the library, January didn't even need instruction find the sibling of the deranged librarian beneath their feet. The librarian's brother had enough similar features that it was easy to pick him out. Jany reached out to take hold of the new vampire's wrist and once again pulled all memories of Nolan out of his mind.

As January teetered in place, Pax immediately held out his arm to steady him. "I don't think you should risk opening a portal in your current state," he warned.

But, Jany shrugged his concern off and opened a portal for them to go back home. Pax had to carefully help him step through it.

Nolan had an arm across Eli's shoulders as they followed. The wolf was small, but he was still strong and had no trouble keeping the vampire on his feet. Elias noticed a bag in Nolan's hand that looked heavy as it pulled down on the vampire's arm.

"My rock collection," Nolan said, looking beyond weary. "Even in a dream, I didn't want to leave it. It's the only thing I have that's mine. It's from when I was still with my maker. I'm surprised my master let me keep them." One through the portal, the vampire looked around the bedroom. "Wow. That bed is ridiculously big. Who needs a bed that big?" The dark-haired man muttered something that sounded suspiciously like, "Master must have knocked me out cold again, but this dream is amazing. Totally worth it."

When the portal closed behind the four of them, they noted that the only light source was the lamps. Mateo and Quinlan had already sun-proofed the house, which was a complete relief, considering that their new mate was a made vampire and was a lot more sensitive to sunlight than someone like January. Elias and Pax got as far as sitting January and Nolan down on the bed by the time that Mat and Quin rushed through the bedroom door.

"...should have enough time for a bath!" Quin trilled, stopping right in front of the men in shock. "Oh, you're all back!"

Quinlan only had a pair of socks on his feet, and Mateo only had a tank. Both blond and dark brown locks were messy, both sets of lips were swollen, and there were many other signs of just how much fun the two of them had been in the middle of. But, royal blue eyes narrowed as Quin noticed January's deep and measured breaths.

"What happened?" the blond immediately questioned while Mateo also joined them, his brown eyes settling on a set of orange ones.

"My brain is awesome," Nolan whispered. "All my dream men are so hot..." The vampire stood back up and stepped close to Mateo, craning his neck to look up at his handsome, if bewildered, face. "Tall," The pallid man murmured, before exhaustion over took him and his knees gave out.

"Fuck," Mat yelped, diving forward to catch the little vampire before he hit the floor. The wolf tucked the vamp to his chest, a warm, pleasant feeling curling through him at the contact. "Is this..."

"Yeah," Elias said, rushing over to stand on his tip-toes to check on Nolan. "Another mate. Some piece of shit had him locked in a basement in that library we went to and was beating on him when we got there. Said some other things that make me want to go back and tear off his dick, too," Eli growled. "I hope he's just asleep. I think he's exhausted. He said something about them not letting him sleep during the day, keeping him awake to work while everyone else slept. Rotten fuckers." Eli grinned. "But, I think Jany broke his arm!" the Omega concluded in delight.

"We're gonna need more details than this," Quin insisted as he gently pressed his hand against January's forehead and the sides of his face as if checking for a fever. "You ok? Do you need some blood?"

January was getting ready to deny it, but he simply took another deep, shaky breath and nodded. Quinlan carefully straddled him on the bed and tilted his head in offering. As the human's blood flooded his mouth, the vampire began to feel much better. He didn't need much, so he quickly swiped his tongue along the pierced flesh to seal it shortly after.

"Nolan's a made vampire," Pax explained. "From what we heard, the librarian had taken him away from his maker. We saw him getting violent with him."

"How violent?" Mateo growled, holding Nolan protectively as he looked down at the sleeping vampire's bruised face and cut lip. "And why isn't he healing?"

"Made vampires are barely stronger than humans," January explained. "It would take a good century for him to start healing as fast as the average born vampire would. If it's not his age, then it could be that he was starved of blood for too long." He caressed the side of Quin's face. "When he wakes up, some of Quin's blood would help him heal faster. For now, we should let him rest."

"Poor little guy," Mateo murmured, carrying Nolan over to the bed, tucking him in next to January. "Are those guys going to be coming to look for him? Not gonna lie, I wouldn't mind them showing up on our doorstep so I can let them know how unhappy I am about how they treated our mate." Mat cracked his knuckles ominously.

"I erased all their memories of him," Jany told him. "It would have been a lot more complicated if they reached out to older vampires to try to take him back."

Mateo let out a relieved breath.

"But who is he?" Mat asked, sitting on the bed next to where Eli had curled up to Nolan's side. "What about his family? What was he doing there?"

"We'll find out when he awakes," Jany insisted. "He needs to rest."

Elias held up his bonding stone as he examined the colors. "Nolan's orange...so, I wonder who's left." He mused as he lifted the stone to the lamp to examine the small areas left devoid of color.

"Whoever it is," Mateo said, scooting down so he could hug his Omega. "I'm sure he'll be wonderful, and will fit right in."

"I hope he's okay without us," Eli said softly. "What if he's in trouble, like Nolan?"

"Then, we'll do what we have to in order to protect them, just as we've been doing thus far," Pax suggested.

After that conversation, January curled up around Nolan and decided to get some rest, as well. Mateo and Quinlan took a shower, and then the three weres and the human ate dinner. Every now and then, Mat and Eli made excuses to stop by the bedroom to check in on Nolan, but Pax and Quin urged them back so that the vampires could rest.

January woke up to a body as cool as his own curled against him. He looked down to find Nolan drawing circles on Jany's chest with his fingertip. The smaller vampire startled when he realized January was awake and looked up at him with wide eyes. This close, Jany could easily make out each shade in the ebony-haired man's iris, from and orange as bright as citrus in the center to dark umber ringing the outside. It was a unique color January had never seen before, even among other vampires. It was striking against Nolan's pale skin and ink-dark hair.

"I'm not dreaming, am I?" the smaller vampire asked softly.

The redhead took a slow, deep breath and shook his head slightly. "No, this isn't a dream," he responded softly. "How are you feeling?"

"F-fine," Nolan said shyly, obviously uncomfortable, though he didn't move away from where he was touching January. "Did I die?"

A part of him wanted to laugh, but January kept himself in check, not wanting to scare the younger vampire any further than he probably was. "You're not dead," he replied. "And you needn't be afraid."

"You're my new master, then," Nolan stated, sounding neither excited nor upset at the prospect. "When will I begin working, Master? Thank you for letting me sleep in such a comfortable place. Where will my cot be after this?" Nolan asked, peeking around the room as if looking for it.

"I'm more than just your new master, young one," Jany explained as he gently took hold of the other vampire's hand and kissed the tips of his fingers. "I am one of your mates. We both are an Omega's mates for, seemingly, the first time in history."

"I saw the Khonsu Stone...I wasn't dreaming that part either? The small wolf who was so careful with me is an Omega?" Nolan looked thoughtful. "I think you're right. I've never seen any mention of a vampire being the mate of an Omega in any of the texts I've cataloged or researched for my old masters. How did it happen?"

"That's one of the many questions we've been searching an answer for," the redhead replied. "Come, we will talk more in just a bit." He said as he gently lifted them both up into a sitting position and then tugged all of his red-violet hair over to one side, exposing his neck. "Draw from me."

"Master...i-is this a test?"

Nolan tried to look away from the pulse-point in January's throat, but he was so hungry. It had been so long since he'd been allowed to have more than a sip at a time of stale blood from an old plastic cup the Librarian kept on hand for feeding him, the taste bitter with preservatives. His old master had given him a little every day, enough to keep him alive and working. He would get a little extra whenever he completed an assignment early. If he was late...Nolan didn't like to think about what happened when he didn't finish his work on time.

"I know it's not allowed..." Nolan's eyes were nearly glowing with need, his fingers clinging to Jany's arm as he swayed, fighting not to lean closer. "Wh-where's the cup?"

January had to hold back a scowl. A cup? What barbarians those brothers must have been! "No, Nolan. This is no test, I will never test you," He said gently before his voice fell to an authoritative octave. "This is an order. Come," he urged as he infused his fingernail with enough power to cut a line along his neck. "Draw from me. You must be starving."

"Yes, Master," Nolan answered, a soft moan falling from his lips as he allowed himself to be drawn forward.

Nolan caught a ruby drop as it ran toward January's collar bone, gasping as the ruby liquid seemed to flood his mouth with his new master's taste. Nolan chased the trail upward with his tongue, latching his mouth around the wound January had made for him. Orange eyes fluttered closed as he sucked, careful not to nick the skin with his fangs and risk being struck or cast away. The ebony-haired vampire moaned, straddling January's legs and wrapping his pale arms around the larger man as though afraid he might be pushed away at any moment. The blood sent thrumming energy through the younger vampire, tingling down to the tips of his fingers and toes and making his head buzz pleasantly.

"That's it, you're doing well," Jany purred as he gently stroked Nolan's back. "Have your fill, but try not to over-do it. One of our other mates is going to feed you as well, he'll be your dessert," He added with a snicker. "Although we can't draw from him often."

"Mmmf." Nolan hugged January close, the thin fabric of the younger vamp's ragged pants doing little to hide the arousal beginning to stir and press against Jany's bare stomach.

The redhead bit his lower lip when he felt the younger vampire's hardness against him. He pressed his hand against the covered erection and curled his fingers around it as his grip slowly increased. "Nolan, may I?"

The younger vampire shivered, giving the slightest nod as he drew more gently at January's throat and barely kept himself from thrusting wantonly into his master's hand.

A wide smile formed on January's face, not that Nolan could even see it. He slipped his warm hand inside the smaller vampire's pants and gripped his shaft firmly. His thumb slid along the very tip and he then began to stroke him. "Mmm, don't be afraid," he explained. "What you feel is the bond's need to be one with each of your mates."

Nolan sighed softly, the wound in his master's throat was closing. He couldn't remember ever having so much at once and never directly from another vampire, let alone one as powerful as January. It made his skin prickle as though it was too small for his body and little sparks of energy zip through him. The young vampire lapped at the trickling cut, catching every drop he could. Quiet moans fell from his lips as January stroked him expertly.

Nolan had never experienced anything that felt so good. It was beyond nice or pleasant. He wasn't sure there was a proper word for the feeling that made his toes curl and his breath come in short pants. The orange-eyed vamp licked the last drop of blood from January's throat and gasped as the older vampire did something with his hand that made Nolan feel as though he was caught in a tornado or about to be pulled out by the tide.

"Master!" Nolan gasped.

January purred as he whispered in Nolan's ear. "Nolan, my citrine, may I kiss you?" He asked softly, even as his hand worked him harder.

"W-Why?" Nolan asked, pulling back enough so he could look into his master's violet eyes. Genuine bafflement shone in pupils blown so wide only a sliver of orange remained.

"Because I desire you," January responded. "But, I don't want to do too much too soon...so I would very much like a taste of your lips."

Nolan blinked in surprise, then smiled shyly.

"Okay," he said softly, leaning in close. "Taste me."

In sharp contrast to the fairly quick movements of his hand, Jany's kiss was slow and sensual. He coaxed Nolan's lips open and allowed him to feel the warmth of his tongue against his in long, dragging glides.

The feelings January caused below the waist were intense and made his mind spin. What he was doing to Nolan's lips and mouth was softer, gentler, but still left him breathless. The younger vampire let out soft shaking moans and whimpers that had Jany smiling against his lips. His master seemed to enjoy bringing Nolan this pleasure. The orange-eyed vampire would think to be grateful later, at the moment, he was a bit preoccupied with the sensations rolling through him like a storm. His hips bucked, thrusting into January's hand, chasing something his body wanted desperately, something he hadn't felt since before he'd been turned. Nolan licked beseechingly at Jany's tongue, unsure of what he wanted or needed.

The redheaded vampire moaned into Nolan's mouth as he continued to kiss him thoroughly, learning his likes. When he felt that the younger man was nearing his peak, he sank his fangs into the side of his neck for a taste and to feed him further pleasure through the connection.

Nolan cried out, a keening wail he'd never heard from his own lips spilling from his mouth. He didn't notice the door flying open as a concerned Mateo and Elias nearly fell inside, investigating what had sounded like their new mate in distress. As Nolan's hips thrust forward into January's hand, spilling inside his worn-out trousers, he didn't notice Pax trying to shoo them back out again or Quinlan peering in over their shoulders. The young vampire didn't hear the door click shut as he collapsed against his master, breath heaving and body languid with his release.

As January retrieved his hand, he lifted Nolan into his arms and walked into the adjoined bathroom. "Come, my young mate," he warned with a mischievous smile on his face. "I think we should both clean up before you're introduced to our other mates."

::

Sometime later, Nolan was dressed in one of Eli's shirts and one of Jany's shorts. January settled him in the center of the bed as he invited the rest of their mates inside.

Nolan kept his eyes downcast as Jany knelt behind him and began carefully pulling a brush through his new mate's slightly damp hair. January had told Nolan that taking care of him in such a way brought him pleasure, which gave the young vampire a handy excuse to submit to the soothing activity.

"You're bruises are gone," Mateo said with a smile. "And the cut on your lip, too."

"Master was very generous with his blood," Nolan said softly, eyes flicking up to Mat's face and back down to the comforter spread across the bed. "I'm feeling much better now."

"Master?" Eli nearly choked on the word.

"Made vampires generally call their makers master," January explained. "They are usually trained and cared for by their makers until at least fifty years before they are considered strong enough to be their own 'master.' It's a term of respect more than anything."

"How long have you been a vampire, Nolan?" Mateo asked gently. "Is it okay to ask that? Or is that like asking a woman how old she is?"

Nolan couldn't help a little laugh. The dark-haired wolf was huge and intimidating, but honestly, he seemed very sweet and tender-hearted.

"It's okay," Nolan assured. "I think I'm around forty-five. I was kept in the library for about twelve years, I believe." Nolan hung his head, his freshly brushed hair falling forward to hide his face. "My maker didn't want me. He sold me to my old master."

"You will never be kept anywhere against your will ever again," Pax vowed. "We will protect and care for you."

Copyright © 2018 HinderToyBL; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 38
  • Love 38
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

4 minutes ago, glennish said:

Thank the god(ess????). 

 

If the gods you're referring to are the 'grandpa' and 'grandaughter', then yes...they deserve many thanks.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Just now, deville said:

They are complete, now all they need is to complete the Khonsu stone by infusing Eli’s green...

 

Spoiler

Shhhhh! Let's hide you away somewhere until the next couple of chapters come out.

 

1 minute ago, deville said:

12 years in the restricted parts of the library , I think the boys lucked out and the Fates  are playing with the Gods ! 

 

The boys would have still eventually come across him even if they weren't hunting down the Tome.

Spoiler

General rules state that other gods can't interfere within a God's territory. Anubis has his reasons for not being as vigilant as he should with his vampire children, thus Nolan's unfortunate 12 years.

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment

Poor Nolan. To have been treated so badly that he has no concept of what is and isn't real is so sad. I hope, like people have already mentioned, that they haven't finished with the Librarian and his Brother yet. I still think they need to find out why they were doing what they were doing, who was paying them and why they would go against Anubis' teachings/laws like that? Plus they need to kick their asses some more...

Like deville I too think the space is for Eli's green/emerald. Just how it gets in there - once he has mated with everyone? Something the Grandfather/Granddaughter have to do?

I am really excited for Nolan's reactions to everything when he realises exactly what he has become a part of and what it means for him. He needed it the most out of all of them I think. I really like him.

Thanks again and looking forward to the next one even more now. Thank y'all :)

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Buz said:

I am really excited for Nolan's reactions to everything when he realises exactly what he has become a part of and what it means for him.

 

Yesss, so am I, especially towards the end. I can't wait to see how he does.

 

Spoiler

As for Eli's green, it should show in the next chapter or two.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Well glad to find out this will be the last one; and he seems sweet but so battered.  Hope we get more of his backstory.  I have to wonder why the Librarian just showed up to check on them?  He was talking about how busy he was; wonder if when they searched for that tome they were wanting; if an alarm was not triggered that it was being looked for?  Can't wait to see where you go with this.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
41 minutes ago, centexhairysub said:

Well glad to find out this will be the last one; and he seems sweet but so battered.  Hope we get more of his backstory.  I have to wonder why the Librarian just showed up to check on them?  He was talking about how busy he was; wonder if when they searched for that tome they were wanting; if an alarm was not triggered that it was being looked for?  Can't wait to see where you go with this.

 

Oh, the librarian was forcing Nolan to hack into a database for information to sell to a client at twice the price (probably for a competitive monetary gain). Nolan is also quite adept at recalling much of what he reads, he is more of a valuable "database" himself than that entire library, to be honest. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Awww poor Nolan, my heart goes out for him. I am so glad the guys found him, better late than never!

 

What does it mean that he's a 'made' vampire? Does it mean he was a human and then got turned?

And what does it take to turn someone into a vampire? Because we've seen January biting other guys but nothing happened to them.

 

Also, I wonder why the stone hasn't filled out yet, I'm assuming Eli's green is missing.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
3 hours ago, ObicanDecko said:

Awww poor Nolan, my heart goes out for him. I am so glad the guys found him, better late than never!

Yes, poor Nolan was wrapped up in awful circumstances. 

3 hours ago, ObicanDecko said:

What does it mean that he's a 'made' vampire? Does it mean he was a human and then got turned?

And what does it take to turn someone into a vampire? Because we've seen January biting other guys but nothing happened to them.

Yes, 'born' vampires are born, 'made' vampires are turned. If I'm not mistaken, a bit of a ritual is needed (involving hieroglyphics to invoke the gifts of Anubis?) to truly turn another person (along with blood exchange), and it must be done with sober consent. Only humans are versatile enough to be transformed into other species (vampires, werewolves, etc.). Their mortality is like a clean slate. A vampire, however, cannot turn a werewolf and vice versa. 

3 hours ago, ObicanDecko said:

Also, I wonder why the stone hasn't filled out yet, I'm assuming Eli's green is missing.

Yes, indeed. Only Eli's green is missing.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..