Jump to content
    HinderToyBL
  • Author
  • 5,532 Words
  • 5,286 Views
  • 24 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Crossing the Moon - 14. Unexpected Visitors

When they pulled back, they realized that their other mates were watching them avidly. January merely shot them a smile. "Glad to see you're awake, my loves," he greeted them.

Before Mateo, Quinlan, and Elias got ready to pounce on them in a whirling vortex of lust and hormones, the sound of the doorbell ringing drew their attention to the front door. Pax stood up and pulled on some clothes. "I'll go see who it is," he said as he headed towards the entrance.

::

When the werewolf opened the door, he was relieved to see that the sky had started to darken. Having a new vampire for a mate meant that they had to be quite careful about exposing him to sunlight. As Pax held the door even further open, he was greeted by the sight of his cousin Maribelle and a fair-skinned man. Since he had an arm around Mari's waist, the werewolf assumed that he must be her human mate.

"Hey cuz!" Maribelle practically squealed. "This is my mate. Sweetie, this is my favorite cousin. Practically a brother to me."

"Pax," Pax stated as he extended his hand in greeting.

The brown-haired man shook his hand firmly. "Klaude. It's nice to meet you."

"Come on in. Have a seat in the living room," the silver-haired werewolf urged.

When Pax returned to the bedroom to let the others know they had visitors, he noted that everyone had quickly dressed. They were all fussing over Nolan, making sure he was comfortable in the clothes they'd found for him. The clothing included some of Eli's that were a bit big on the Omega. Nolan seemed to be eating up the attention. The vampire was smiling shyly as he hugged Quinlan's arm to his chest and Mateo had an arm across Nolan's shoulder. The slender vampire was practically glowing with happiness.

The sight made Pax's heart skip a beat. He cleared his throat to address them. "My cousin Maribelle is here along with her mate," he announced.

"Should I hide?" Nolan's eyes widened as he hugged Quinlan's arm tighter.

A small pleased sound squeezed past Quin's lip at the motion. Nolan's touch affected him in many ways, but he wouldn't trade the feeling for anything. He really enjoyed the vampire clinging to him. Hell, he never wanted him to let go.

"Maribelle already knows about me," January explained as he pressed a gentle hand on the top of Nolan's head. "We trust her with the truth."

Nolan nodded, staying plastered to Quin's side as they made their way out to the living room. The human certainly didn't object, although Mateo looked a bit jealous of the blond. Mat seemed happier when Elias took his hand, however, and smiled up at him.

"Hey, Maribelle," Eli chirped when they entered the living room, swinging their clasped hands between them. "How's mated life treating you?"

A vivid blush formed on the young woman's face and she began to stutter. As she moved, Elias could clearly see that the top of her earrings were now a hazel shade blending into the aquamarine. "I-it's fine. A-amazing even," she responded as she avoided looking into her mate's eyes and began to fan herself with a hand. "Is it a little hot in here?"

Jany couldn't help but snicker at the sight as the group approached the couple. "My name is January," he introduced himself to Mari's mate. "That's Elias right there," he motioned with a nod. "Mateo here beside me, Quinlan, and our newest mate Nolan beside him."

"Another one?" Maribelle questioned aloud as she sent a glare at Pax. "When did this happen?"

"Only several hours ago!" Pax defended himself, holding out his hands in surrender.

Maribelle's hazel eyes peered over at the new vampire, but the man's eyes were focused on her mate.

"Those eyes...they seem like a vampire's eyes," Nolan declared.

With a slight frown, January neared the couple. Aside from the eyes, which were a unique shade of aquamarine blue, the man appeared human. He reached out a hand as if to touch him. "May I...? I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name."

"It's Klaude," the aquamarine-eyed human responded.

"Klaude," Jany repeated with a friendly smile. "May I touch the back of your hand?"

With a slight shrug of indifference, Klaude held his hand out towards the redhead.

When January's fingers came into contact with the skin, he concentrated. The heartbeat was undoubtedly human, as was the majority of the blood. However, there was a touch of vampire blood dormant inside him. "You are part vampire, Klaude," he deduced.

"Really?" Elias blurted, darting forward to look closely at Klaude's eyes, making the man pull back in surprise. "Holy crap, yeah. I've never seen a human with eyes like that."

"Even if he's only part vampire," Mateo said worriedly. "Khonsu won't be happy."

"What if there are more Omegas that have vamp and part-vamp mates?" Elias said, pulling back from an uncomfortable Klaude. "We aren't the only ones!"

"Are you sure about me?" Klaude asked seriously. "It's not that I mind, I don't have problems with vampires, but I don't want to cause any problems for my Belle."

Maribelle herself was stunned to silence. Her hand closed in on Klaude's and clutched it tightly as if she didn't want him to go anywhere without her. "Oh, fuck..." the words were hissed so low they were barely audible. "Would Khonsu be able to tell? What are we gonna do?"

"We've been working on it," Pax explained. "We've been researching to find out what happened to one of the first inter-species couples in the history of Carnelia."

"What have you found out?" Klaude asked.

"We're pretty sure that the two of them were soulmates," Mateo responded. "Just like you. Just like us."

"So, we're trying to find out what happened to them," Elias added.

"In your case, I believe only vampires or Anubis himself could detect your mixed genes," January reassured. "And just as we trust you, you can trust us with this knowledge."

"You're Belle's family. I never doubted," Klaude said seriously, causing Maribelle to coo at him as he patted her hand.

"There's a book we're looking for right now called the Moonlight Tome, but we haven't had much luck," Elias said.

"Ah," Nolan said softly, blushing when everyone looked at him. "I remember that title. I think it was listed under something my old master wanted to acquire. If you have a computer, I could see who the owner is. My old master got tired of having to approve my more delicate research, so he gave me admin access to Acacia Library as well as some other systems that he likely shouldn't have."

Elias rushed over to one of the rooms to bring back a laptop for the vampire. Meanwhile, Maribelle stood up and urged Klaude with her. "If you guys are gonna continue to research, we're not gonna be distractions. Call me or text me updates," she insisted as the couple passed Pax.

"I'll walk you both out," the werewolf said as they headed towards the entrance. Once outside, he shook Klaude's free hand once more. "Welcome to the family." The mixed human smiled and nodded in response.

"Good luck," Maribelle responded as she gave Pax a quick hug.

When Pax turned around to go back inside, he came face to face with January at the doorway. A stab of fear streaked through him as he looked around frantically. "What are you doing?" he hissed. "Someone could see you!"

As he stepped closer, the werewolf realized that all he could see were the vampire's eyes and a dark silhouette of his form.

"Don't worry, my topaz," Jany countered. "At night, I have many ways of hiding in plain sight. But, I need to talk to you. Alone."

Still feeling a little paranoid, Pax walked over to the side of his front porch. A rail was bordered around it. He sat on the ground and urged the vampire to do the same.

The concealed redhead humored his mate and sat down beside him. "Pax, though I've erased all their memories of Nolan, those vampire librarians concern me. I saw in the memories I pulled that Nolan had not been purchased by them, but stolen. They abused and worked him something awful."

A low growl of anger resonated at the back of Pax's throat at the very thought.

"We need to report them to an Elder vampire so that they're no longer in positions of power that would allow them to continue to purchase or steal other Made vampires as they see fit," Jany insisted. "I didn't want to say anything in front of Nolan, as I didn't want to drag up bad memories."

"Say nothing more," Pax replied with a firm nod. "When we can manage it, we'll pay a visit to an Elder vampire together. I can be your witness."

The redheaded vampire beamed and gave Pax a heady kiss. The werewolf was a bit confused since January had closed his eyes and he could no longer see him, but he was still able to feel his mate's tongue inside his mouth just fine. Before the silver-haired man could reciprocate, he was urged onto his feet and back inside the house.

"Right now, we should focus on finding that Moonlight Tome," Jany pointed out as they closed the door behind them and rejoined their mates in the living room.

"You have got to be fucking kidding me," Mateo announced, trying hard not to be too loud and scare Nolan.

"I'm really not," Nolan assured the big wolf, his head tilted quizzically.

"It's alright, Nono," Eli said, giving the slim vampire a big hug and making Nolan smile. Elias looked over as Jany and Pax walked in. "Nolan's really amazing! He found it already!"

"Nono..." Nolan whispered wonderingly, sounding absurdly happy. "He gave me a nickname."

"Why does that old bastard have everything?" Mateo growled at the ceiling as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

Pax frowned. "What old bastard?" He asked aloud as he shot a glance at Jany, though the redheaded vampire clearly didn't have the answer.

"Viktor Novotny is an old bastard?" Nolan asked Elias.

"Yes," Eli said seriously as Mateo grumbled to himself. "Yes, he is."

January let out a slight groan. "Of course Viktor would have the Tome," he sighed. "I'm going to head over to his mansion right away, then. Who's going with me?"

"I'm in," Mateo replied.

"I'll be coming, too," Pax insisted.

"I want to come!" Elias piped up.

Jany took the auburn-haired werewolf aside. "Elias, my love...Quinlan is human, and Nolan is still struggling to adjust. If you left as well, who would be here to protect them?"

"You're right," Elias said with a nod. "Someone has to stay with them, and I don't want them anywhere near that weirdo. I'll look after them."

Quin seemed about to say something, but January and Pax both gave him a subtle shake of the head. Quinlan wondered if Eli was going to be looking after them or if it was really the other way around. Probably a bit of both, if he was honest. The human didn't mind staying home with his two most adorable mates. They'd find something to do. Hopefully each other. The bond wasn't quite as demanding as at first, but he still felt a strong pull to Eli, and the bond seemed to have strong opinions about completing the bond with Nolan. The human didn't want to ever push Nolan into anything, but if the cute little vamp asked...

"Do you think he'll let us see the book?" Mateo asked. "I mean without us all getting naked and sweaty?"

January let out another sigh as he opened up a portal for them to go through. "There's only one way to find out."

::

Farshael was an air elemental, a Sylph, and he had a mission. He was tasked by two demigods in the God Realm to deliver a message to a group of men on the mortal plain. Shael couldn't teleport, but he could fly. All Sylphs had the ability to fly with the help of their Air Stoles. As elemental children, they learned how to knit them. The stoles were a tool that helped amplify their powers so that they could take off to the sky.

He was the fastest flyer out of all the Sylphs in the area. Farshael was tasked with many missions because of it. His sky blue eyes remained focused on the faint purple aura he saw in the mortal plain below and flew towards it. He was so intent on completing his mission that he was blindsided when it happened. A sharp tug halted his progress in midair, and another sharp tug pulled his Air Stole right off his body.

"What in the cosmos!?" Shael gasped as he quickly turned in place. He barely caught sight of his attacker before he plummeted to the land below.

For a good while, Farshael was overcome with vertigo. He managed to turn enough so that he was falling face-down. His entire body glowed white as he used his power to slow down his descent. He fell at a much slower pace, but he still couldn't avoid impact. Shael crashed into a body, who then crashed into a pool.

Since swimming involved similar movements to flying, Farshael quickly resurfaced and coughed as he tried to calm the inner sting of his water-surged sinuses. He was drenched from head to toe, and the short white toga that served as his only clothing was see-through and clinging to his body.

"Well hello, lovely," a deep voice with a slight accent purred in Shael's ear as strong arms wrapped around him, keeping the Sylph above water. "Most guests arrive by the front gate, but I can't bring myself to complain about your entrance. Are you quite alright?"

"I'm fine. Are you injured?" Farshael was barely able to keep himself still as he felt the stranger's body behind him. "What region is this?" He asked as he tried to settle his ragged breaths down.

"You're in Acacia. I'm rather glad you stopped by to visit me." The man leaned down to press a brief kiss on the side of Shael's neck. "And I don't know...I may require mouth-to-mouth resuscitation."

Shael could almost feel himself bristling from head to toe at the contact. "E-Excuse me?" He gasped as he shrugged out of the other man's hold and swam his way to the edge of the pool. "I would greatly appreciate it if you kept your hands to yourself."

"Hmmm, what a shame," the man said, following close behind. "I'd so hoped we could share a bath to warm up. Perhaps wash each other's backs...and fronts."

The Sylph gaped at the man...the vampire ...incredulously. "I am a Sylph from the God Realm. I am in this mortal plain to fulfill a mission," he explained. "Not to...to share a bath with a stranger."

"Pity," the vampire said with a long-suffering sigh. "Perhaps we can improve that on two fronts. My name is Viktor Novotny, and we need not be strangers. What is your mission? I might be able to be of some service since you don't need me for back washing. I'm a very helpful fellow."

Shael sent him an unreadable glance. "My name is Farshael Galaziou Ouranou," he responded. "Shael for short. And I can only reveal my mission to those involved."

Viktor pulled himself out of the pool and offered Shael a hand.

"But I'd so love to be involved with you."

The Sylph hesitantly took hold of the hand in order to exit the pool. "You will do no such thing," he admonished.

Viktor pulled a bit harder than necessary, causing Shael to be propelled into the vampire's waiting arms. A tingle went up Viktor's spine. The Sylph was a gorgeous, fascinating creature. Shael's white hair was dripping, pulling down the short, soft, spikey locks. His eyes were blue as the sky at midday, something Viktor hadn't seen for some time, and he found the shade entrancing. This close, the vampire noticed freckles sprinkled across Shael's nose. Viktor wanted to kiss them.

"Shael, such a lovely name for a wind spirit," Viktor murmured, his slate grey eyes sparkling. "It sounds like a breeze teasing through the leaves of some great forest."

For the briefest of moments, Farshael found himself studying the grey flecks in Viktor's slate eyes. Vampires were supposed to be cool to the touch, but to him, Viktor felt quite warm. Was it because he was a Sylph? He pulled away, feeling a cold shiver only after he was no longer in contact with the vampire. "You said you wanted to help, did you not?" Shael asked. "Would you happen to have spare clothing?"

"Of course." Viktor turned, placing an arm around Shael's shoulders and leading the Sylph into his mansion. "Whatever is mine, is yours."

The Sylphs sky blue eyes widened as he entered the mansion. He had never been inside such a complex and copious estate. Shael wrapped his arms around his mid-section and shivered as he followed along. What was he to do? His Air Stole had been stolen by a fellow Sylph! How was he to deliver the message and return?

With a pout, Farshael reached down to wrap his hand around the pouch dangling from his side. He held his spinning tools there, his retractable diamond drop spindle, his whorl, and most importantly, his Ifu Elimnandi seeds. The lining of the pouch was similar to an ice pouch, so he wasn't concerned about water leaking through. But, the very idea that he would have to create an Air Stole from scratch again...

Viktor led Shael deep into the house. The Sylph grew uncomfortable as they went further and there were no windows to the outside. The air wasn't fresh enough, didn't move enough.

"The storage areas are up here," Viktor said softly, noticing Shael's tension. "We'll get you something dry and comfortable."

The Sylph nodded and was relieved when they stopped in front of a door with a keypad above the knob. Viktor punched in the code and opened the heavy wooden door. The room beyond was massive, filled with what looked like huge metal bookcases with covers over the fronts. They sat in rows with aisles between them. They walked down an aisle and stopped at the end of one of the cases. It was twice as tall as Viktor, Shael noticed as the vampire read a small card in a plastic frame on the end.

"I apologize, I've been meaning to convert the cases to something more attractive, but the metal ones do so well, it's hard to change over. The aesthetics are definitely lacking, though, I must admit." Viktor smiled at Shael's bewildered look. "Now then, what kinds of fabrics and colors do you prefer?" The vampire rubbed his hands together eagerly.

"Any fabric or color is fine...I don't really mind," Farshael responded softly. "Could I, by any chance, wash up in one of your restrooms?"

"Certainly, I apologize for not taking you there first. There's actually a fully appointed bathroom off this room." Viktor pointed down an aisle. "Follow this forward until you reach the wall, then go right until you see a door. Everything you need should be there. If it isn't, just call, I'll be there in moments." Viktor smiled wickedly. "And if you change your mind about help with washing your back, please let me know immediately." The vampire winked.

The Sylph couldn't help the strange shiver that rolled down his spine at the sight.

"Before you go, let me get an idea of your size." Before Shael could say anything, Viktor was running his fingers across the Sylph's chest, measuring the span with his hands. He did the same for Shael's arms and back. The Sylph found his voice when the vampire's touch found the air elemental's backside.

"N-Now see here!" Shael sputtered as he slapped the hands away. "You are not to touch there without permission!" He huffed, his cheeks stained pink.

"Ah, but I wanted the clothes to fit you comfortably," Viktor said appeasingly. "And that part of your anatomy curves so lusciously and is perfectly pert and rounded; it would be a crime to improperly fit your clothing. Too loose and the pants might fall right off. Too tight and one would be able to see everything in delightful detail, down to the sweetly inviting cleft between those squeezable mounds."

The Sylph's face continued to flare up until his neck also glowed pink. An angry glint formed in his sky blue eyes. "Be that as it may, you are not to touch there without permission," he insisted, stomping his foot once.

"Then, may I have permission to touch you there?" Viktor purred, moving close to Shael, backing the Sylph against a case. The vampire stroked a thumb across Shael's cheekbone. "I would caress you softly, sweetly, or firm and controlling. Whatever you wished for, I would give. I would press kisses to every inch of your soft skin. Tasting you on my lips would be heaven. If you allowed it, my tongue would follow, seeking every pleasurable nerve ending. I would find your entrance and taste you, open you with firm licks while I held you parted for my attentions."

Farshael let out an audible squeak as a barrier of magic firmly attached itself around the lower half of his body like a pair of fortified boxers. Sylphs were generally protected from unwanted sexual harassment by a defense built into their magic. Farshael had been taken off-guard earlier, so the barrier didn't activate that first time. "Don't you dare," he responded defiantly.

"No?" Viktor asked sadly, pulling back, gaze stroking down Shael's body. "Pity." Viktor let his hands roam down his own body, over his chest and narrow waist, to settle on his hips, bringing attention to the obvious tent in his pool-dampened trousers. "I will quickly find you clothes and then clean up, myself. I'll think of you while I take care of this tension I seem to have developed." If anything, the bulge hidden under Viktor's clothes grew harder and larger. Viktor's voice was pure sin as he spoke. "Will you think of me when you take care of your own?"

The Sylph didn't even realize when his eyes followed Viktor's every movement and remained on the vampire's sizeable erection. But, when the other man pointed out his own, Shael peered down at himself and let out yet another audible squeak before covering it with both his hands. "I-I most certainly will not!" he exclaimed as he then rushed out towards the direction of the restroom and locked himself in. He was panting by the time he leaned against the door.

Farshael dragged his hands down either side of his face as he tried not to think too hard about the situation he was in. A part of him was relieved to see so many towels. He hadn't thought of bringing the spare clothes in with him. He took a cold shower, and it took longer than he would have liked to stop thinking about the lewd vampire. When he emerged, he considered tying a towel around his waist in three firm knots. But, The sylph nearly jumped right out of his skin when he saw a set of clothing folded gently on top of the toilet seat. Hadn't he locked the door? A glance confirmed the lock. Did the vampire have some kind of ability to walk through walls?

With a huff, he pulled on the shirt. It was sleeveless with a metallic pewter sheen. The front was form-fitting but covered. The back, however, featured a very low dip down his spine and crisscrossing lines that left little to the imagination. The jeans were white and ripped in many areas. No underwear was provided, so Shael carefully slid them on. To his surprise, though the jeans hugged his backside tightly, the front wasn't nearly as constricting.

Farshael took a deep breath as he held the doorknob and then walked out of the bathroom fully dressed.

It took a few minutes, but Shael found Victor a few aisles over. The covering over the front of one of the cases was thrown back, revealing an interior filled to capacity with garment bags hung on rods. Viktor was rooting around inside, but extricated himself when the air elemental approached.

"Shael," Viktor greeted, his slate eyes devouring the Sylph. "Are the clothes alright? I was just finding you some options for the next several days."

"You would allow me to stay for several more days?" Farshael questioned with a slight frown. As perverted as the vampire seemed to be, the fact that he was already planning ahead to accommodate him was quite thoughtful. "I...thank you."

"You'd be doing me a favor," Viktor said with a smile as he pulled another garment bag from the case and added it to a wheeled rack next to him that was already full to bursting. "It's quite lonely in this big drafty place. It's only myself and Gin here, and he has made it clear he's here to work, not socialize. Such a shame." Viktor pulled out one more garment bag and wiggled it onto the hanging rod of the wheeled rack. He tugged a cord one the case and the tarp-like cover fell back into place. "I'm sure you'll meet him at some point. Don't hesitate to ask him for anything you need. I've already informed him that you're a guest and are to be given anything you desire."

As Shael gaped at the amount of clothing, he frowned. "How is it that you have clothes of so many sizes?" He asked in pure curiosity. "Surely what I'm wearing and the clothes here don't fit your frame or stature."

"Ah, no," Viktor admitted sheepishly. "I have a penchant for collecting things. This includes collecting things for others. Giving gifts brings me great joy. Over the years I've collected more than I could ever give away." The vampire chuckled. "Gin scolds me and says I'm a shopaholic. But when I see something that appeals to me or strikes a chord in my heart, even if I know it's not for me, I must have it."

The vampire's grey eyes were watching Shael intensely. The Sylph wasn't sure his host was talking about clothes anymore. Shael didn't quite know what his response would be, but then the vampire gave a little bow and offered to escort him to a study where the air elemental could work on his mission. Viktor smiled as he led Shael out, locking the door behind them.

"I'll have to show you my other collections sometime," Viktor told him as they walked down the hall and back to the main art of the house. Shael was glad to see windows again, even if they were draped with heavy fabric to block daylight. "They may interest you. I have a little, or a lot, of everything."

"Have you always collected things?" Shael asked aloud. "Sylphs don't have many belongings since we're always out on missions..."

"Yes, even before I could buy things, I'd collect things I found." Viktor led Shael into a small but comfortable study. "I had quite a sea shell collection, but I'm afraid it was lost after an unfortunate earthquake which led to an electrical fire. I expanded the number of fireproof areas after that."

"Goodness!" the Sylph gasped. "An earthquake and a fire." A part of him couldn't help but picture Viktor as a child. The vampire must have been an adorable child. For a moment, he simply stared at the other man's face until he realized what he was doing. "R-Right. I might need help when it comes to transportation. I no longer have any means with which to safely travel for my mission."

"I have a number of vehicles you may use." Viktor winked. "I think you may like one of the convertibles. Do you know where you need to go?"

"Not yet," Shael admitted. "From a high vantage point, I was able to see the auras easily. But, from the ground...it's more difficult."

"Anything I can do to help? I'd be happy to lift you on my shoulders."

Farshael blushed at the very thought. "N-No, that won't be necessary."

"Well, I'll leave you to it. I know you said it was private information. Just let myself or Gin know if you require anything at all."

Viktor gave a sweeping bow and a rakish grin before exiting, shutting the door softly behind him. The elder vampire's manservant spotted him from down the hall and approached.

"We've got guests, again. The ones that made you look like a cat in cream, before." Gin said, his Boston accent showing. "Where do you want 'em? They're waiting in the front hall."

::

Though Pax and January schooled their faces into neutral expressions as Viktor approached, Mateo's dislike showed clearly.

"A second visit so soon?" Viktor practically purred. "To what do I owe the pleasure?"

"According to the Acacia Library's database, you apparently own a book we've been searching for," January explained. "It's referred to as the Moonlight Tome."

"In fact, I do," Viktor said with delight.

The elder vampire tried to imagine all the lovely things he might be able to observe this time. Perhaps, they'd even let him join in. However, when he tried to think on it, all he could seem to see were sky blue eyes and soft spiky hair the color of fluffy clouds. Viktor frowned. He couldn't seem to stir up his usual excitement at the prospect of observing or participating in a delicious menage with January and his lovers.

Viktor decided he must simply be over-tired.

"I'll be happy to loan it to you," Viktor said, smiling again. "You need do nothing in return. I'm glad to help an old friend."

All three men gaped at the older vampire as if he had grown two extra heads. However, January was quick to take him up on the offer.

"Then, by all means," Jany replied. "Allow us to borrow it. We will return it promptly."

Before any of them could say anything else, the sound of a door slamming open echoed in the mansion. The next moment, a handsome white-haired man ran over to them, panting. From the clothes he wore, January wondered if Viktor had picked him up from a night club.

"Purple..." Farshael gasped incoherently. "You three...half...mission...!"

"Ah, Shael!" Viktor said, as though it was normal to have a nearly apoplectic Sylph in his entryway. "May I introduce Farshael? He's my very welcome, if rather unexpected, houseguest. This is my dear friend, January, and his handsome lovers. Pax and Mateo, was it?"

"Is he alright?" Mat asked worriedly.

When Shael finally caught his breath, he straightened up and tried again. "I have a message for the six of you," he explained. "Though you are missing your other three..." He glanced at Viktor and then back to the three men. His voice fell to a whisper, though the old vampire could still hear him clearly. "It's from the God Realm."

"The Goddess?" Pax asked. But, Farshael shook his head adamantly.

"I must speak to the three of you in private!" the Sylph urged.

"You may use one of my receiving rooms," Viktor offered. "It will be comfortable and allow you privacy. It's just the second door down the hall, here."

The vampire swept a hand to his left, indicating a plushly carpeted hall with lavish paintings hung on the walls and small sculptures displayed on tables. Mateo noticed that most of the people in the sculptures or paintings weren't doing anything lewd, but looked about two seconds away from debauchery.

The expression on Shael's face and the blush that rose to his cheeks showed that he, too, felt that the artwork surrounding them sent out subliminal messages.

"I will go and find that Tome for you in the meantime," Viktor said as he closed the door behind him.

As soon as Viktor left, Farshael's wide blue eyes focused on the three men in the room. "I am a Sylph, messenger of the God Realm. I was tasked by two demi-gods to give you this message: Beware Khonsu and go to the temple of Nut," he quickly recited. "If you are able to pass this message on to the other three men with the same aura, please do!"

January frowned. They already were wary of Khonsu, and he didn't know the exact location of the temple of Nut. "Do you happen to know where the temple of Nut is?" he queried.

The Sylph's face fell. "I'm sorry, I do not. I only go by aura signatures, not landmarks," he explained. "And I would help if I could, but my Air Stole has been stolen and I'm grounded!"

"Your what has been stolen?" Mateo wondered aloud.

"My Air Stole," Shael elaborated. "It's an elemental-infused fabric that allows Sylphs to fly. If I could still fly, I would have sought out the temple for you. But, as it stands, I have the miserable task of having to create a stole from scratch. That takes many months, sometimes even a whole year!"

 

Copyright © 2018 HinderToyBL; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 41
  • Love 22
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 6
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Quite a few revelations. Looking forward to more. Wondering if Maribel having a part vamp mate is just coincidence.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Timothy M. said:

Well, I'm sure Victor will be delighted to hear that last part. :P He may finally have found someone to keep him interested.

 

:rofl: Absolutely! 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Wesley8890 said:

I just brushed up and saw that khonsu was depicted as a male. I love wikipedia! If they have to go to the temple of Nut it must be important as that is one of the oldest goddesses.

 

This is true. However, we went with the more OBSCURE version of Nut, a much younger version.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Wesley8890 said:

Oooh sylphs!!! Figures that old fart would have the book. I've got to brush up on my Egyptian mythology. I forgot who nut is!!

 

We took so much creative licence with those gods...

  • Like 3
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Caz Pedroso said:

Finally caught up, You've been posting faster than I could read since I was late to the party. 

 

Love it so far and can't wait to see what happens:hug: 

 

You're not late! Just in time.  :lol:

Edited by Thirdly
  • Like 4
Link to comment
2 hours ago, glennish said:

Viktor and Shael, Soulmates????  It sounds like there are serious plots going on now with the Gods and our heroes.  Thanks and great chapter!!!

 

Oh ho ho ho...the gods do have a sense of humor when it comes to Viktor x Shael. :lol:

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, BlindAmbition said:

Quite a few revelations. Looking forward to more. Wondering if Maribel having a part vamp mate is just coincidence.

 

Nope. Not a coincidence. As Eli suspects, there are other Omegas with vamp mates scattered about Carnelia.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
41 minutes ago, BlindAmbition said:

Shael is definitely Victor’s type. After centuries of life. I’m sure Victor is up for a little hard to get. The end result promises sweet reward, or umm release. *wink*

 

True, true!

  • Like 5
Link to comment
1 hour ago, centexhairysub said:

Well, I have to wonder what the Goddess Nut is up to; is she really trying to help or is she the young one that we heard at the first of this story???  I can see Viktor stealing in and unraveling part of the Air Stole that Shael is working on each night.  Really good chapter, can't wait to see where you go with this.

 

Nut= Both

Viktor= Can't bring himself to do that, however, other funny things happen to the Stole due to Shael himself and his conflicted feelings, hee hee

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Nono is so frikkin adorable. I knew I would love his reactions to all the 'good/simple' things that happen to him from now on.

I am glad we have another Mate Pairing that has another Werewolf/Vampire combo. Safety in numbers and all that. Plus it means there could be more...

I hope Viktor is smitten by Shael, in a good way. That they are Mates. And which God (demi or otherwise) gave the other Sylph the task of taking his stole? Especially considering the other Sylph had to know how serious a thing that was to do? Was it the 'Grand-Father?' And what was the purpose? Was it seriously so Shael could 'find' Viktor? Really!?!? It can't have been to help The Pack get access to the Tome cause they would have got that, just not as easily. And he was on his way to see The Pack so it can't have been that. I hope Shael straightens Viktor out.

Thank Y'all :D

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Buz said:

Nono is so frikkin adorable. I knew I would love his reactions to all the 'good/simple' things that happen to him from now on.

I am glad we have another Mate Pairing that has another Werewolf/Vampire combo. Safety in numbers and all that. Plus it means there could be more...

I hope Viktor is smitten by Shael, in a good way. That they are Mates. And which God (demi or otherwise) gave the other Sylph the task of taking his stole? Especially considering the other Sylph had to know how serious a thing that was to do? Was it the 'Grand-Father?' And what was the purpose? Was it seriously so Shael could 'find' Viktor? Really!?!? It can't have been to help The Pack get access to the Tome cause they would have got that, just not as easily. And he was on his way to see The Pack so it can't have been that. I hope Shael straightens Viktor out.

Thank Y'all :D

 

 

Yes, actually...there was a god behind everything...hired the other sylph to 'ground' Shael in the right spot because he is meant to be Viktor's mate (though Shael himself was hired by 2 other people)...things wil clear up more later. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
41 minutes ago, Thirdly said:

 

Yes, actually...there was a god behind everything...hired the other sylph to 'ground' Shael in the right spot because he is meant to be Viktor's mate (though Shael himself was hired by 2 other people)...things wil clear up more later. 

They're Mates. Oh, that makes me feel better. Wow. Go Viktor! Everyone deserves love, especially Mate Love. That is way cool :D

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 4/8/2018 at 2:32 AM, Buz said:

They're Mates. Oh, that makes me feel better. Wow. Go Viktor! Everyone deserves love, especially Mate Love. That is way cool :D

 

 

Yes, to Shael's dismay. Ha ha! They're so much fun.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Well, well....It seems to me that Viktor has found......a soulmate maybe? At least a real challenge. This is soo good. ☺

  • Like 4
Link to comment
11 hours ago, chonga said:

Well, well....It seems to me that Viktor has found......a soulmate maybe? At least a real challenge. This is soo good. ☺

 

Yes, indeed!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..