Jump to content
    HinderToyBL
  • Author
  • 8,146 Words
  • 3,823 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Lust and Chastity - 12. Chapter 12

Finian was a mixture of excitement and anticipation as he gently tugged the Nightmare further from Lee's house. He finally stopped and turned around. "Wh-where should we go first?" He asked out loud.

Alistair looked thoughtful for a moment before his lips widened into a grin. "I'd like to show you my favorite place as a child." The nightmare reached out his hand. "Come with me?"

The human's heart skipped a beat at the offered hand, but he didn't hesitate to place his own hand into it. "Is the place very far?"

"Not if you ride," Alistair answered with a devilish smirk.

The Nightmare tugged Finian into his grasp. Alistair was much stronger than he looked, able to easily toss the human teen into the air. Alistair shifted in the blink of an eye into his equine form. Fin landed across Alistair's broad, dark back.

A loud gasp escaped Fin's mouth when he found himself on Alistair's equine back so suddenly. He wrapped his shaky arms around the Nightmare's neck and tried his best not to squeeze his sides too hard. "Are you alright? Did I hurt you?" He asked.

Alistair's whinny sounded distinctly amused. "I'm well." Fin heard the Nightmare's voice, though he wasn't sure how he was speaking. "Are you ready for a ride?"

A smile formed on the younger man's face. "Yes! Let's go!" He urged.

Alistair gave Finian a moment to get himself comfortable, then started off at a cantor. Fin leaned forward and Alistair increased his speed. The Nightmare's hooves pounded the path, thudding the ground. To Fin, it felt like he was flying.

The human had never felt so free. As they rode through the different paths of the city, they passed several Unicorns and Nightmares in all three of their forms. They were traveling too fast for him to know if any humans were in the mix, as well.

Finian looked on as they began to travel further into the city. He saw what looked like a closed off town in the distance and was surprised when the Nightmare slowed down to a trot until he stood before a set of gates. A moment later, the gates opened, and the two of them walked through it. The human peered behind them as the gate quickly closed.

For a moment. Fin thought that they would continue to walk on foot, but he was mistaken. Alistair took off once again, deep into the paths. The younger man came to realize that they weren't in a small town. They were actually in the Montcroix estate!

People bustled around, busily going from one task to another. Each one spared them a smile and a wave or a friendly hello as they galloped by. They rushed through a small woods, splashing across a meandering stream. At the edge of the woods, Alistair slowed, stepping carefully until they emerged from the trees to find themselves at the rear of a large building. Alistair peered around before kneeling on the moss to let Finian off his back.

"Is this part of your home? The entire way here was beautiful!" Finian commented in awe.

"This is where my siblings and I grew up," Alistair explained as he returned to the form Fin was most familiar with, human. "My parents could move into one of the newer homes, but they say there are too many memories to leave behind here." Alistair took Finian's hand. "If we're careful, we can avoid my parents, but I want to show you something."

"Why are we avoiding your parents?" Finian wondered in a whisper as he followed the older man.

Alistair grimaced. "They love me...very much."

“Overprotective like Jack and Lee?" Fin prompted with a grin.

"Somewhat, yes," Alistair's voice quieted as he carefully opened the back door. "More like...exuberant."

"Alright, well if you feel too uncomfortable introducing us now, then we can try for later." The younger man agreed.

"Do you want to meet them now?" Alistair straightened. "I just didn't want to overwhelm you on your first day here."

Finian felt a warmth inside. He gave the Nightmare a tight hug. "I will meet them when we're both ready."

Alistair smiled, leaning forward to press a soft kiss to Finian's cheek. "I love you."

The pair snuck through lovely, but comfortable, rooms with high ceilings hung with chandeliers that glowed with an ethereal light. Magic instead of electricity. The banister of the stairs that Alistair began to ascend was thick and curved upward like a massive, napping snake.

"If you knew how many times I've slid down this thing in my lifetime," Alistair whispered.

"Would you like to slide down it with me on our way back out?" Finian suggested. The more insecure Alistair seemed, the more confident the human felt. He stuttered whenever nervous or anxious. But, once he adjusted to any place and person, his speech was clear.

Alistair had to stifle a chuckle. "That would be amusing." An image popped into the Nightmare's head of Fin with his thighs spread wide as he straddled the wide banister. His breath caught as he stopped on the step and pulled his love into his arms, pressing Finian's back against the thick, sturdy banister to plunder his mouth with a kiss, pressing their bodies together. He pulled back when Fin needed air. "Yes, I think I'd rather like to ride down with you," Alistair whispered, a sparkle in his eyes.

Heat simmered off the younger man's face and neck. Though the kiss had left him more than a bit dazed, he hadn't missed how Alistair's words had taken on a different meaning. "B-Both sound good to me, too..." He responded softly.

Alistair made a distinctly pleased noise as he continued up the stairs, leading Fin by the hand. "This isn't what I had planned on showing you, but I think you might like this, too." The Nightmare said as he peeked down an empty hallway before leading Finian to one of many doors. Alistair seemed uncharacteristically shy as he reached out to turn the ornate brass knob. "This was my room as a child."

The door opened silently, revealing a large bedroom. The walls were a rich blue with white moldings at the ceiling and floor. An ornate chandelier flared to life as they stepped inside, revealing the preserved remnants of Alistair's younger years. A worn, but still beautiful wooden statue of a small Nightmare in feral form with gems for eyes sat in one corner. Fin smiled as he realized it was made for a child to ride, with rollers under the hooves. Next to it was a wall full of books and papers. Another wall held little awards, drawings, and framed pictures of young people. Finian noticed one of them showing a teenaged Alistair with an arm thrown around the Nightmare Fin had seen when he'd explored Alistair's mind. The human frowned, but was soon distracted by other things in the room. The bed was big and soft, with a blue quilt that matched the walls. A few favorite toys that had been saved on a shelf were next to a group of art projects. They varied in skill shown, some clearly from when Alistair was very young.

Finian sat down on the edge of the bed as he realized something. "I just realized that I've never shown you my room, not even in dreamscape!" He commented suddenly. His thoughts drifted to his father at home, alone, and a sad expression formed on his face. "I don't know what I'm going to do about my father...I know you said I can always go back to see him on weekends, but I still don't like leaving him alone. "

Alistair sat, putting an arm around Fin. "I could send someone to check on him... Maybe set up something so we'd be alerted if he wasn't well or wasn't happy? Then we could go straight to him if he needed you."

Navy blue eyes widened in surprise. "You can do that, really?" He wondered out loud. "Yes, I'd love that!" He added with a smile. "Thank you."

"I know the perfect person," Alistair said with a smile. "He would enjoy the outings." The Nightmare looked down. "What do you think of where I grew up?"

Fin took hold of the Nightmare's hands and pressed a kiss to Alistair's fingers. "I think it's great. I can almost picture you playing and studying and writing..." He admitted. "It makes me wish I were with you even then, especially around the time you met Simon." He grumbled.

Alistair's eyebrows rose as a naughty little smile quirked his lips. "Are you still jealous of him?" The Nightmare pushed Fin back on the bed, sliding his warm thigh between Finian's legs. "Do I need to show you that you are the only one I want...The only one I will ever need?"

Finian's breath hitched, but he reached out to gently tug on a segment of the Nightmare's hair. He then took an equal segment from the other side and used them to gently tug the older man's face down. "I can't help but be jealous, even if there was nothing I could have done back then." He confessed. "However..." He continued as he shifted himself up enough to press a hard kiss to Alistair's lips. "I will accept that I will be the only one you will ever need from now on." He added with a touch of possessiveness that surprised even himself.

Finian's words and actions left Alistair hardening in his pants. He pressed his erection against Fin, wanting to show his human the effect he had on him. Alistair kissed Finian's throat with a little growl and a nip.

Fin leaned his head slightly further to allow the Nightmare to do as he pleased. His fingers raked and dug right into Alistair's scalp as he gently rubbed his leg along the older man's crotch. Bigger, older, more experienced...the human didn't care. "I love you, Alistair."

"I couldn't love you more," Alistair whispered as his hands roamed over Finian's body, finally cupping his smaller lover's hard length through the cloth of his clothing, squeezing gently as he captured Fin's mouth in a kiss.

"Fuck, that's hot," a murmur came from the doorway.

Startled, Finian gave a little jump as he peered over at the doorway. A young man with peridot-hued eyes and chocolate brown hair was staring avidly at them. As the human continued to look on, another man appeared at the doorway.

"How many times have I told you not to run around in the older wings- Master Alistair!" Lucien choked on his words. He immediately covered Felix's eyes with his hand. "Forgive us, we did not know you were here."

Finian couldn't believe how tall the other man was. He had to have been around six feet and he had the strangest eyes he had ever seen, almost like rubies.

Alistair stood, blocking the view of Finian, allowing the human a moment to compose himself.

"It's me who should apologize, sir," Alistair said respectfully. "I should have closed the door to ensure privacy," Alistair smiled. "It's good to see you, sir. How are things progressing with my nephew? Did his behavior improve after I spoke with him?"

Finian shifted onto his feet and wrapped his hands gently around Alistair's elbow. He peered up at the Nightmare and then at the two men at the door.

A smile formed on Lucien's face as he dropped the hand covering Felix's eyes. "We are a mated pair." He confided. "I would have contacted you sooner, but I was told you had left earlier this afternoon on an errand."

"Congratulations!" Alistair said heartily. "I wish for your health and happiness. Well done, Felix. Lucien is a good man."

"I just wish he'd stop trying to make me be so good all the time," his nephew responded with a heavy sigh. Felix peeked up at his mate. "But usually, he's pretty okay."

Ah," Lucien remarked as his eyes settled onto Finian. "Is this the young Maiden we've heard so much about?" He prompted.

"Apologies, yes," Alistair took Fin's hand. "This is Finian Fair, first and only son of Robert Fair, my love and future mate." The Nightmare's voice showed clear pride.

"It's nice to meet you!" Finian practically beamed. He rushed over to stand before Felix, looking the young Nightmare over. "You are Alistair's nephew?"

"Yeah," Felix answered with a saucy grin. "I can see why Uncle Alistair is all hot for you. When he came to bitch me out he spent half the time mooning about you. You're pretty as fuck and you seem about as sweet as honey."

A blush formed on Fin's face at the candid words, but he forced himself to shake both their hands. "Well, it's nice to meet you both." He insisted. When mated to Alistair, he would become the uncle of Felix by extension. But, he could already tell that their familial relationship would be closer to siblings or cousins than uncle and nephew.

"Yes, perhaps Finian's good nature will rub off on you as well, my mate." Lucien teased.

"Between Lucien and the cute human, rubbing sounds like a pretty good idea," the young Nightmare said with a smirk.

"Settle down, Felix," Alistair growled. "That's my promised mate you're ogling. If you upset him, Sir Lucien's punishment will be nothing compared to mine."

Felix seemed about to make a sassy remark, then thought better of it, swallowing hard and giving his mate a wary look.

Lucien raised an eyebrow at the young Nightmare's wise decision. "Your uncle is quite right." He pointed out. "You are to reserve all of your 'rubbing' to me."

When Finian finally managed to calm his blush down, he glanced towards his mate to be. "Alistair...I am getting a bit hungry. Should we go get something to eat?" He suggested.

"Let's sneak something from the kitchen and I can show you what I brought you to see." Alistair took his love's hand and nodded to Lucien and his nephew. "I'm glad you could meet Finian. When he's settled, I'll let you know our plans."

Felix slipped forward and gave his uncle a quick hug. The embrace he wrapped Finian was quite a bit tighter and lasted an awkward length of time. Alistair's patience didn't last long. He tugged roughly on Felix's slightly pointed ear. The smaller nightmare pulled away, hand over his sore cartilage.

Alistair scoffed at Felix's accusing look. "You heard Lucien. Rub on your own mate." He gave his nephew a little push toward the scholar. "Finian is hungry, and not for anything you have to offer, Felix."

Lucien let out a low rumble. "I guarantee that he won't escape this unscathed," He vowed to Alistair. He then peered right down at his charge. "Any final words?"

The human was still blushing hard as he was led away. "Sorry, I didn't expect for him to do that!"

"I should have expected it." Alistair sighed as he heard a yelp followed by a moan from behind him. "He's a good boy at heart." The dark-haired nightmare sighed. "I swear he's part imp, though. He just can't seem to stop himself. Lucien will be a good partner for him." Alistair paused as he heard the rumble of Lucien's voice followed by an obvious sound of pleasure from the ruby-eyed scholar. "I think Felix is good for Lucien, as well," Alistair said with amusement as he continued down the hall to a set of back stairs leading to an almost ridiculously large kitchen...

Who needed three stoves?

"Is this a kitchen or an entire floor?" Finian mused out loud. "Are you sure it's ok to eat here?"

"Of course." Alistair chuckled. "Though Cook Annish will probably think it was Felix and have Lucien scold him." The Nightmare pulled a small basket from a cupboard and began filling it, seemingly at random.

Finian tilted his head slightly as he let out a soft snort. "You certainly have a vindictive side, don't you?" He stated out loud as more of a comment than a question. "Don't think I didn't figure out what you did to Dale, either. I may be oblivious half the time, but I'm not a complete fool."

It was the first time that the young man brought up the subject on his own. He had always skirted around the events that transpired during prom.

Alistair's movement slowed. He put a piece of fruit Fin didn't recognize in the basket, then shut it softly. "What do you think I did to him?"

The human placed his elbows on the counter and settled his own head in his hands. "I suspect that you gave him enough nightmares to last for a lifetime." He whispered in response. "I'm not scolding you for it. A part of me is grateful that you went that far for me." His navy hued eyes sought out cobalt. "I just would like for you to trust me enough to tell me everything from now on. I will always tell you everything, after all."

"I should have told you, I apologize." Alistair led the smaller human up the stairs. "I trust you completely." A fleeting touch caressed Fin's cheek. "With everything I am and everything, I will be." The Nightmare sighed softly. "I didn't intend to keep it from you. I sent someone to punish that honor-less boy, to make sure he could never be a threat to you again." They stopped in front of a small narrow door tucked into a corner at the top of the stairs, but Alistair didn't open it. "I wanted to utterly destroy him." He bared sharp teeth for a moment before his expression fell. "A friend talked me out of it." Alistair looked into Finian's eyes. "I should have talked to you first. Then, I should have told you what I'd done, instead of putting it off for fear of upsetting you. You're stronger than that." The Nightmare cupped Fin's cheek, his jeweled eyes a sparkling cobalt in the darkness of the stair landing. "Can you forgive me?"

Finian hugged the Nightmare tightly, his arms wrapping around the other man's back. "Of course, I forgive you." He responded, though he had a feeling he'd forgive just about anything when it came to Alistair. A small smile formed on his face. "Though, I hope the nightmare barrage stops when I am a full-time resident here." He added.

"We'll see..." Alistair murmured softly as he opened the narrow door to reveal steep dusty stairs. "Come on. This is what I really wanted to show you."

Finian followed the tall Nightmare up the creaking stairs. It was dark as a starless night as they reached the top. Fin held the back of Alistair's shirt so he wouldn't stumble. Finian stopped when Alistair did, taking in the darkness and the soft silence. The space was warm and close, the smell of dust tickling the human's nose.

Alistair said a few quiet words Fin couldn't quite make out, though they niggled with familiarity at the back of his mind. A tiny golden spark bloomed in Alistair's hand. He tossed it into the air, where it split into a half-dozen little glowing specks which flew through the dark to nestle themselves into oddly shaped glass vases of different sizes. The light spread within them, illuminating a space much larger than Fin had expected. Old dusty furniture that was still nicer than anything in Finian's home sat in clusters throughout the room. They were all mismatched. The young human wondered how anyone had fit them up the stairs. The ceiling was bare rafters and the floor smooth wood, scratched here and there from dragging chairs and couches across it. A swing hung from a beam, its seat dusty and gray.

Alistair stepped to a set of shutters and threw them wide, then opened the window they'd hidden, letting in fresh air and more light.

"This was my secret place growing up." Alistair looked down. "I've never shown it to anyone. My parents surely know about it, but they've always pretended they didn't. When I needed to be alone to think or stomp around angrily, I'd come here, and no one would bother me."

A brilliant smile formed on Finian's face. So, this was Alistair's version of a secret treehouse. Quiet and dark, and yet soothing. Much like the Nightmare himself. It was quite the honor he had been bestowed to be allowed inside.

"It's amazing." He said as he rushed over to peer out the window, taking in the high view of the estate and beyond. He then laid down on the dusty floor, uncaring of the mess it would make of his clothes, and peered up at the lights as if it were the night sky. "I would sometimes sneak up to the attic when I was a kid, too. Especially on colder winter days. But our old attic has nothing on this."

Alistair settled down next to Fin on the floor. "I'm sorry it's so dirty. I had a wobble to clean and dust it, but it must have run out of juice."

The Nightmare sat up on his elbows and gave a low whistle. There was a rustle underneath a couch before a dingy gray ball sluggishly rolled out from under it and made a drunkenly weaving path to them.

"You're all petered out, hmm?" Alistair scooped the ball into his hands. It seemed to droop a bit, pressing against the Nightmare's skin.

He blew gently on it, in a slow breath that went on much longer than Fin thought his lungs would ever be able to sustain. The ball gave a little shiver and started to thrum with a dim glow behind its gray surface. Alistair brushed a hand off on his pants and brought a finger to his lips. He pressed the pad on a sharp canine, drawing blood. He smeared a few drops of crimson across the bleary surface. There was a flash, and the blood was gone and an odd smell, that reminded Finian of lightning, was present for a moment before the breeze from the window swept it away. The ball was a shiny silver instead of a dull gray. It flattened itself to an arrowhead shape and vibrated on Alistair's palm. He set the thing down, and it immediately began scooting around the floor, leaving a spotless trail behind it.

"There. It will take it a few hours to clean everything up." Alistair lay back down with Finian. "I should have thought to do that before I brought you. Then you wouldn't have to wallow in years of accumulated dust and cobwebs." The Nightmare looked a little sheepish. "I nicked the wobble from one of the maids. She was so displeased with me. I guess it was her best one. Then when I gave it back to her, it kept sneaking upstairs to clean here." Alistair shook his head at the memory. "Mother made me make her a new one from scratch, bigger than the one I'd taken."

"Even I would want one," Finian admitted with a grin as he watched the wobble dash about. "And I don't care about dust or dirt. I would much rather take in the view." He added as he made a dust angel on the ground with his arms and legs. The dust that piled on the edges of the silhouette of the dust angel drove the wobble to trace around it in a frenzy. The sight drew forth a laugh from the young man.

Alistair chuckled as well, delighted with his lover. The Nightmare reached over to pluck the basket off the floor, sitting up so he could open it.

"You said you were hungry?" Alistair asked as the wobble gave up on the dust angel to scoot over and clean under where the basket had been sitting.

"Yeah!" The human agreed as he sat up suddenly, some of the dust fluttering behind him. He peered down at his hands sheepishly. "My hands are too dirty, though..." A mischievous glint formed in his eyes as he peered over at the Nightmare. "Would you feed it to me?"

"I'd love to," Alistair replied with an impish smile. "I have some fruits that you've likely never had before. Would you like sweet, sour, bitter, or a mixture?"

"A mixture," Finian responded, ever eager. "Which are your favorites?"

Alistair dug through the basket for a moment before pulling out an odd fruit. It was shaped like a little kiwi with fuzzy blue skin. Alistair sliced it in half and gave the base a squeeze, causing the juicy inside to pop out into his palm. He discarded the skin and sliced the fruit into sections. It was a darker blue than the skin. The nightmare popped a piece in his mouth and hummed appreciatively. He held out another slice for Finian. The human leaned forward and sucked it into his mouth, licking a bit of the juice from Alistair's thumb, which made the Nightmare's eyes burn.

Finian tentatively chewed the fruit. A warm bitterness teased his tastebuds before being replaced by a soothing sweetness that chased the bitterness away.

"It's called a honeycat fruit," Alistair smiled softly. "It's my favorite food... Do you like it? I have other things..."

Finian held Alistair’s hand still and licked his way over to another slice of the fruit. "It's delicious." He whispered.

"Then I think you'll like this one." Alistair pulled a little bag out of the basket and removed a little orange strawberry-looking fruit. "You can suck on the outside, and it's sour, then when you bite into it and chew it's sweet with a creamy texture." He held it out with long fingers. "It's very rich."

The young man licked his lips as he reached out with his tongue to take the fruit into his mouth. He gave a lingering lick to the Nightmare's fingers before biting into the piece. His mouth flooded with a mixture of sweet, sour, and smoothness, just as promised. "Mmm," He moaned as he swallowed it. "Gods, it's so good."

Alistair's jeweled eyes were locked on Finian's lips. The Nightmare's tongue darted out to lick his own as he leaned forward. He could smell the sweetness on Fin's breath.

"Give me a taste," Alistair purred.

Fin didn't hesitate. He closed the distance between them and slipped his tongue into the Nightmare's mouth, dragging it against the top of Alistair's own. He wanted to ask him how the fruit tasted in comparison to his own tongue, but he quickly became lost in the kiss.

A touch of the bitterness from the honeycat fruit lingered in Alistair's mouth, adding another level to the flavor of the kiss. The Nightmare moaned softly before dropping the little bag of fruit and yanking Finian into his lap. He bent the younger man over the back of his arm, chasing him to deepen the kiss, to plunder his mouth completely.

The younger man took a shuddering breath through his nose as his hands raked through the Nightmare's hair and his fingers clung to the scalp. He could feel Alistair's tongue sliding along the roof of his mouth and just about anywhere it could reach. Finian's own tongue flattened and curled, moving in response to each of the older man's movements. It was as if all of their previous kisses led to that riveting kiss, one that caused all kinds of havoc low in the human's abdomen. Don't come...whatever you do, don't ruin this, don't come. Those were the only thoughts that rose to the top of Fin's mind as he sucked hard on the Nightmare's tongue.

Alistair grunted, shifting as he held Finian close, never breaking the kiss as he toppled Fin onto his back and lay on top of him, a puff of dust escaping from beneath them. The Nightmare held his lover still, devouring Fin's mouth as he pressed his crotch against the smaller man. The pressure was nearly painful as the thick hard outline of Alistair's arousal found Finian's through their clothes. Alistair shifted, lining himself up to grind roughly against Fin's sensitive length.

The younger man realized that he was fighting an uphill battle. As his legs wrapped around the Nightmare's waist, he simply let go. A deep moan was released into Alistair's mouth as Finian's tongue stuttered. The hands that were entangled within the older man's locks tugged gently on the strands, and his body undulated beneath the one above.

Alistair groaned above him. Large hands gripped Finian's hips, guiding his movements against him while nearly crushing the human to the floor. The Nightmare planted his knees and used them to spread Finian's legs impossibly wide, uncaring as the basket toppled over. The nightmare growled lustfully as he held the kiss, forcing Fin to pull quick breaths through his nose as Alistair rubbed roughly against the blond.

The Nightmare was going to be the death of him. Instinctively, Finian grinded back against the Nightmare, feeling himself rising rapidly to the edge. His hand reached down between them and wriggled right into Alistair's pants as he took hold of the solid length. He gave the balls a gentle scratch and began to stroke him.

The Nightmare finally pulled back from the kiss to growl a warning, "Finian... I’ll come undone..." before thrusting into the human's warm hand.

The rod seemed to throb in Fin's grip, growing impossibly hard as precum smeared his wrist. Finian gasped as he continued to squeeze and slide his hand along the shaft, pressing his thumb into the slit and smearing the precum.

"I'm c-close too." He confessed. "But, I want to see you come first!"

Alistair's head fell forward, his forehead pressed against Finian’s. He moaned long and loud, pushing hard into Fin's hand, imagining he was buried somewhere else. The Nightmare gritted his teeth as he came, shooting heat to cover Finian's hand.

The sight was breathtaking to Finian. He couldn't seem to get enough of seeing Alistair like this, at his most vulnerable, and at the peak of pleasure. Hell, the human even enjoyed the taste of his cum. Fin immediately licked his hand clean. When he ran his tongue over his fourth finger, he finally released as well. His body shuddered and squirmed but his navy blue eyes, which appeared nearly black with lust, kept looking into a set of cobalt ones.

The couple lay in a tangled heap on the dusty floor until the wobble, intent on its job, began bumping them as it tried desperately to get to the dirty floor beneath them. Alistair grumbled and sat up, cuddling Fin in his lap. The wobble eagerly got back to work.

"I'm afraid I've made a mess of you," Alistair murmured as he took in his disheveled and dust-streaked lover. The Nightmare smiled softly as he rubbed a dark smear from Finian's cheekbone with the pad of his thumb.

………

In just a few minutes, Finian found himself under the warm spray of a blue-tiled shower off of Alistair's childhood room. Alistair was off looking for his old teacher, Sir Haba-something or other. The Nightmare had said he'd be back soon. In the meantime, Fin enjoyed the gently scented soap and the idea of wearing Alistair's old clothes when he was clean. The door to the bathing room opened and closed. Finian smiled.

"That was fast," Fin called out as he turned off the water. "Do you need a turn in the shower? You were on top, so maybe you didn't get as dirty as I did."

Finian stepped out of the shower and froze. A tall, imposing woman stood before him with a quirked brow. She was strangely familiar. It took Finian a moment to place her. This was the woman he had seen in Alistair's mind, his mother...And Finian was standing before her dripping and naked.

He reacted quickly and grabbed a towel off the rack with which to cover himself, and then he stood up straight. If there was one thing he was most grateful for just then, it was the fact that he always managed to find his balance. Holding the towel in place with one hand, he raked his other hand through his wet hair nervously.

"Ah, h-ello! I-I'm sorry, I thought you were A-Alistair."

“I thought the same about you,” the statuesque woman said with a lift of one midnight blue eyebrow. “I see I was mistaken.” Her lips pulled up into a tiny smile as she handed Finian the shirt Alistair had found for him. “I’m surprised my son loaned you his favorite shirt. He hardly took it off long enough to allow it to be washed. The child had quite a fit when he grew out of it.”

Finian wrapped the towel tightly around his waist and took the offered shirt, shrugging it on immediately. "Th-this was his favorite shirt?" He mused out loud, running a hand along the material.

"Yes," Alistair's mother chuckled. "And he's given it to you." She tapped her perfectly painted lips with one finger. "How interesting," she mused as she handed him the pants.

The human took the pants in hand and peered at her warily before turning around and all but hopping right into them. "M-My name is F-Finian." He finally said as he extended his hand in greeting.

"Penelope," she took Fin's hand with a small, secretive smile. "I've heard quite a bit of you, and yet I feel there is quite a bit my son left out. Though, he did explain how sweet and lovely you are."

The young man's face turned pink as he regarded her. "I-It's a pleasure to meet you."

"The pleasure is all mine, I'm sure," she said smoothly, and Finian heard an echo of Alistair in her words. This was definitely his mother. "And what a lovely tattoo you have on your chest...over your heart..."

The young man's face turned a darker shade of pink. "Ah, th-that is...I mean, it just...you see..." He rambled.

"Finian!" They heard Alistair call from the bedroom. "I found Sir Habby! Are you quite together enough to meet him? He was my teacher and tutor for many years." Alistair strolled into the bathing room and blanched. "Mother?"

"Lovely to see you, Alistair." Penelope folded her hands demurely in front of her. "A shame you weren't able to have someone announce your presence and that of your...friend. Did you climb in a window?" Her dark blue eyebrow lifted in question.

"Mother!" Alistair flushed scarlet. Finian had never seen his lover so out of sorts before.

Habacuc adjusted the glasses on his face as he regarded the Madame Montcroix and gave a deep bow. "Madame," He greeted. The scholar then turned his attention to the young man beside her. "Is this the young master Finian?"

"Y-young master?" Finian wondered aloud, confused.

Penelope made a small shooing motion towards the door. The men all realized that they were in a bathing room, not the most appropriate place for conversation. Everyone quickly filed into Alistair's childhood bedroom.

"I suppose introductions are in order!" Alistair said awkwardly. "Mother, Sir, this is Finian Fair, only son of Robert Fair. He is my promised mate."

A tiny, knowing smile tugged at Penelope's lips, softening her stern façade.

"Fin, this is my mother, Madame Penelope Montcroix." She gave a polite nod, though her eyes twinkled with amusement. "And this is Sir Habacuc, the most knowledgeable and patient teacher, tutor, and scholar you could ever find."

A bright smile formed on Finian's face as he shook Habacuc's hand. "It's a pleasure to m-meet you!" He then sent Penelope a nod back. "Ma'am. You are even more b-beautiful than Alistair's dream vision of you." He added, feeling better after he got that off his chest.

Habby was quite amused by the human. Thus far, he seemed to be worthy of his star pupil. "It's a pleasure to meet you as well, young master."

A slight frown formed on the young man's face. "Why do you keep calling me young master?"

"It's a term of endearment, respect, and acknowledgment. I am acknowledging you as Master Alistair's future mate, young one."

"O-oh! I...thank you." Finian responded softly.

"Speaking of which, I am wondering why my own child didn't inform me that this relationship had progressed so far as Finian expressing a promise mark of his own." Penelope's eyes grew stormy. "I certainly hope that all of your dealings with this lovely human boy have been honorable and loving."

Alistair paled and seemed unable to form a coherent sentence. The message from his mother was clear, Alistair wasn't showing Finian the care and respect he deserved. He hadn't proudly introduced Fin to his parents, as was customary. Instead, he'd snuck in the back door and tumbled the human in a filthy attic. He'd then left Finian alone in an unfamiliar place, where Penelope had discovered him. Alistair hung his head in shame.

"I'm not worthy of him," Alistair said softly. "My behavior has been disgraceful. I only hope he can forgive me, and that you and Father can as well."

"What?" Finian gasped in surprise. "That's not true." He said as he placed a comforting hand on Alistair's shoulder before shaking his head. "Alistair has been most accommodating and kind to me. He has never pushed me or rushed me into anything I didn't want to do. A-and as you see, we're not even officially mates yet." He defended. "I am very grateful to your son."

Penelope's eyes were kind as she turned her ire from her son and looked at the fair human. "You are very sweet and protective of him." Her smile seemed to warm Finian from the inside out. "You will be a very welcome addition to the family." Her eyes twinkled. "I'm to have a new son in you, and you will fit in perfectly." She stuck out a finger and gently booped Finian's nose. "I can tell these things." Penelope stood to her full height, inches taller than Finian. "Now then, I have things to do. I expect a proper introduction within the day. I'll have Annish make something especially delicious for us to nibble on." She suddenly swept Fin into a hug.

After a moment, he returned it. She was...soft. The contact seemed to soothe some raw ache inside him that Fin hadn't realized was there. A hint of her perfume tickled his nose as she pulled away, cupping Finian's cheek.

"Sweet boy, I'll see you tomorrow. We'll visit." She bestowed another hug on Alistair. "Tomorrow," she said with iron in her voice. "We'll expect you."

With that she swept from the room, her skirts softly rustling.

"She smells so nice," Finian whispered after her departure.

"You'll be smelling it until you shower. It's not strong, but it just rather sticks to a person." Alistair sighed. "As I had stated, this is Sir Habacuc, my teacher and tutor. He said he wouldn't mind looking after your father a bit, Fin. He's always said he wanted to visit your world more, but he's never had a good excuse."

"Really?" Finian gasped as he gave the scholar a hug. "Thank you so much!!"

Habacuc awkwardly patted the human's head, taken aback by the sudden show of affection. "Think nothing of it, young master. I will watch over him well."

The scholar then sniffed the air. "Ah, I believe I smell of her perfume now. Well, that's not unpleasant."

"Thank you for your help, sir." Alistair's affection for his old tutor was clear. "I'll send you all the information you need and Finian, and I will look forward to your reports."

The scholar gave a half bow. "Now, if you'll excuse me." He stated as he walked away with purpose.

……………..

The human was still reeling from all the different introductions. It seemed that, though Alistair didn't want to overwhelm him, Finian still ended up meeting quite a handful of the Montcroix. He gave Alistair a gentle hug. "Hmm, your mother told me this was your favorite shirt in your youth. I rather like it."

Alistair enjoyed the feeling of his promised mate in his arms. "I like seeing you in it." He frowned slightly. "I always thought that a strange thing among men, wanting to see their lovers in something that's theirs. I believe I understand it now." The Nightmare pressed a soft kiss to Finian's forehead. "I have a spare set of clothes in the closet somewhere. Let me clean up and change, then I'll take you to a little café for dessert. I think you'll like it. I'll just be a moment."

In no time at all, it seemed Alistair was cleaned up and in fresh clothing. They snuck out the way they'd entered, though Alistair seemed rather sheepish about it. Finian thought the Nightmare was amusing and cute. Cute was a word rarely associated with the handsome and powerful Montcroix. Fin enjoyed it while he could.

The Nightmare shifted into his feral form and Finian was given another exhilarating ride on Alistair's broad back. The dark fur was velvety soft under the human's hands. His face ached from smiling the entire ride.

The café was quaint. They sat at little stone tables on an outdoor patio. Finian looked around at the strange architecture that seemed to blend with trees and plants. His attention returned, however, when a tiny plump woman set a single plate holding a pastry oozing what looked like caramel, and then set two small steaming cups beside them.

"I see you've finally found someone to tame you, Allie." She gave Finian a wink. "It's about time, I'd say. Thought you'd be the death of your mother, bless her heart." The woman patted Alistair on the head like he was a child. "Tuck in, now. It's on the house." With that, she scuttled away to scold a young waiter for lazing about instead of working.

Alistair laughed into his hand. "That was Getta. She was my nanny when I was little. Mother helped her set up this place when I got too old and wild for a nanny."

"Allie, huh?" Finian teased with a grin. "I like that." He then took a bite of the dessert and melted on the spot. "Mmmm, cosmos..." He mewled. "This is one of the best things I've ever tasted, what is it?"

"It's a pastry made out of nut flour. They do something to it that makes it perfect and flakey like that. I have no idea. The filling is syrup made from an enthorne tree. And then they add lots and lots of sugar." Alistair smiled wide. "The little coffee is so the sweet doesn't kill you. The flavor of the pastry plays off the coffee perfectly. Try it."

Finian didn't waste any time taking a careful sip of the coffee and found himself melting once again. "Oh gods, this is heavenly." He moaned. "I am going to memorize how to get to this place and back."

"I'll bring you whenever you like," Alistair said with an indulgent smile.

Finian frowned when he noticed the people at the next table were staring at them and whispering. Alistair glanced over and shook his head.

"I'm afraid that as a Montcroix I tend to get noticed." The Nightmare explained. "There were some bets that I'd never choose a mate. You will probably get some attention as well. I'm sorry if it makes you uncomfortable."

The young human shrugged it off. "It's no different than when Jack and I were stared at wherever we went to eat." He admitted. "It's not going to stop me from eating." He insisted as he savored every last bit of his pastry.

Several tables away, two men stood up and left their table with their food half-eaten. As the men left the café, Fin wondered if he had somehow caused them to be uncomfortable.

"Oops, I guess I was professing my love to the pastry a little too loudly." The young man murmured. "I mean, I know it's weird in our dimension too...maybe I should curb my reaction to food in public over here, as well?" Finian rambled.

Alistair rested his elbow on the table and smiled as he propped his cheek on his fist. "As long as I'm with you, I rather like it." He paused for a moment. "I don't like the thought of others hearing you when I'm not around, though. A bit possessive of me, perhaps?"

Just like that, Finian forgot all about the two men that left the café after his infamous food reactions. "I-I did stop doing so in public a-at least in the other dimension. Jack is my witness!" He admitted. "I kept my promise."

Alistair reached across the table to take Fin's hand. "I would never question that. I probably shouldn't have asked that of you anyway...It's just...I'm not sure how to explain. I was jealous. I want your bliss to myself. I know that's not fair of me."

Finian shook his head so hard that he almost made himself dizzy. "Oh no, I like that about you. I felt cherished, even when you weren't there. A-And Jack agreed that it was for the best that I didn't attract the attention of...of any predators."

"I pity anyone who would think to hurt you." Alistair's cobalt eyes flashed dangerously. "The wrath of the gods would pale in comparison. The boy," he spat the word, "is only alive because of the advice of Habby. I still sometimes think I should pay the little bastard a visit. Say the word and it will happen."

Before the young man even realized what he was doing, he took hold of Alistair's face with both his hands and kissed him soundly on the lips. "No, don't think like that. If Dale continues to make the wrong choices, then they will all eventually catch up to him." He responded firmly. "But, we are never going to cross paths again, so I want you to try to let all this anger go."

Alistair put his hands over Finian's. "I failed you...I feel such shame and anger for that."

"You haven't failed me in the slightest," Fin countered with a bright smile, one that only Alistair usually got to see. "Don't blame yourself for circumstances that were out of both our hands."

"Perhaps...With time..." The Nightmare couldn't meet Finian's eyes.

"I'll accept that for now." Finian conceded before leaning over to give the Nightmare a kiss on the cheek. As the tip of Finian's tongue slid over what was left of the pastry on the fork, he peered back over at his mate to be. "So, tomorrow I get to meet your father?" He mused aloud, his voice ending in a slightly sharp tone. "Will I get to meet Simon one day, as well?"

"Yes. We'll go over for a meal. They'll love you." Alistair smiled, oblivious to Fin's jealousy. "And you can see Simon whenever you'd like. He's been eager to meet you, but I didn't want to overwhelm you with new things."

"If I were him, I wouldn't feel so eager," Finian grumbled.

Alistair raised his eyebrows in question.

Finian shook his head again. "That conversation will be between Simon and me." He decided.

Alistair looked bemused. "Will I be allowed to listen in?" He stood and offered Fin, his hand. It was time to go.

The human made as if to think it through. "I wouldn't be able to stop you if you really wanted to." He replied as he took the offered hand and stood up. "But, you'd best be well hidden and not make a sound. If your cover is broken, the conversation will cease on the spot."

"Very well." Alistair was thoroughly curious, deciding Simon ought to meet Finian soon. "Ready to go back to the little Unicorn's home?"

Finian tried his best not to pout, but he couldn't fully fight the sad expression on his face. "Feels like today went way too fast." He complained.

"I agree." Alistair shifted into his feral form, his dark tail flicking the air. "But I still have two more days just for you." The Nightmare knelt to help Finian onto his back.

Fin wrapped Alistair in a hug as he got on. "Whether you see the cup two-thirds full or a third empty, you can't change the fact that a third's already gone..." He mumbled petulantly.

"Then I suppose I'll have to make the two-thirds left as wonderful as possible," Alistair said teasingly and took off, making Finian hold him tightly. The Nightmare loved the feeling.

Copyright © 2017 HinderToyBL, Rambling Robin, Thirdly; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 15
  • Love 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

It's nice to see Finian taking things in his stride and gently chide his mate for not confiding in him. The meeting with Penelope was quite funny. :lol:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 08/18/2016 03:16 AM, Timothy M. said:

It's nice to see Finian taking things in his stride and gently chide his mate for not confiding in him. The meeting with Penelope was quite funny. :lol:

Penelope's the best, and not to be trifled with! Glad you liked the chapter.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Penelope has a way to fluster Finn, especially when she walked in on him in the bathroom. He really got embarrassed by her when she told him that he reminded her of Alistair. I can imagine how the meeting will go tomorrow when they meet with Alistair's family. I'm sure glad that Alistair's tutor has agreed to keep an eye on Finn's dad so that Finn would be able to relax and enjoy himself. Felix is going to have to remember that Finn is spoke for and that he's not allowed to touch him in the way he did when they first met. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 6/21/2017 at 11:44 AM, Butcher56 said:

Penelope has a way to fluster Finn, especially when she walked in on him in the bathroom. He really got embarrassed by her when she told him that he reminded her of Alistair. I can imagine how the meeting will go tomorrow when they meet with Alistair's family. I'm sure glad that Alistair's tutor has agreed to keep an eye on Finn's dad so that Finn would be able to relax and enjoy himself. Felix is going to have to remember that Finn is spoke for and that he's not allowed to touch him in the way he did when they first met. 

 

Felix is a rascal and a rebel. But, he and Fin become fast friends. 

Link to comment
On 12/28/2018 at 10:50 PM, Lizzydolphin37 said:

I think i would die if I had to meet my partners mother naked and wet lol. Great chapter, great story.

 

Yes, I think Fin handled it pretty well. 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..