Jump to content
    itari
  • Author
  • 865 Words
  • 630 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Dating App Murders - 1. Chapter 1

Please be advised that this story contains scenes of graphic violence and murder.

Enzo felt so relieved walking out of his exam for Micro-economics. He had spent the last week silently freaking out over what might or might not be on the exam. It had not been as bad as he had feared. Enzo felt that he had done all right.

Enzo grabbed his phone from his pocket to switch it off silent mode and he noticed that he had a couple missed text messages and a message from a dating app that he had on his phone.

He quickly read his text messages, they were all from his friend and fellow classmate, Sean. Sean had already finished his exam and was waiting for him down in the cafeteria or so the text messages told Enzo he was.

Enzo made quick work getting to the cafeteria. It was deserted except for a lone table which was where Sean was. He walked up to the table and grabbed a seat.

“Hey that was one hell of an exam” Enzo said.

Sean laughed and replied “It was alright, easier than I expected it would be. Richard made it seem harder, I think that was his way of scaring us all into studying hard though”

“That he did, I was still up late last night studying” Enzo said.

Enzo pulled out his phone and was fiddling with it.

“So how do you think you did” Sean said.

“I think I did pretty good, the studying was totally worth it” Enzo said absently said.

He had flipped over to the widget section on his phone and glanced at the news on his iPhone.

The news article that caught this attention was, ‘Killer Has Claimed Fourth VIctim’

“Hey did you see that there’s been another victim?” Enzo quickly interjected.

“There’s been another murder? That’s what the fifth one isn’t it? Why haven’t the cops found the guy yet?” Sean said.

“Yeah another guy.” Enzo said skimming the article.

“Holy Shit…”

“What?

“I knew the guy, I went to high school with him, Travis Blackwood.”

He had also known Travis from the dating app on his phone. The reason he didn’t tell Sean that was it was a gay dating app and he wasn’t out at the college. He had seen Travis on there quite a bit.


Gay Cupid was quite popular and was the main app that gay guys used to find other guys to date or fool around with. He was also pretty sure when he thought about it, he was pretty sure he had seen another of the victims on the app as well.

“Four guys, all between 20 and 30 years of age. There was nothing in common with the three, I bet it’ll be the same for the fourth” Sean said looking at his phone.

‘There was something in common with at least two of them’ Enzo thought.

“We fit that description” Enzo said, putting his phone back into his pocket.

‘I fit the description!’ Enzo thought.

Enzo was 25 years old and he was 6 ft tall, just a few inches talker than Sean. Where Sean had shaggy brown hair, his brown hair was cut short. If Enzo remembered correctly Sean was about the same age as he was.

Beep!

Enzo recognized the tone, it was notifying him that he had received a message from someone on Gay Cupid. He ignored it.

“Along with half the campus” Sean said

“Anyway I have to go, Brandon should be out of exam by now” Sean said, getting up.

“Your ride?” Enzo said

“Yeah, have a good summer Enzo.”

“You too, enjoy the school sponsored trip”

“Oh I will” Sean said with a big smile.

Enzo watched him walk out of the cafeteria, leaving him all alone.

Enzo pulled out his phone and saw that he had one message waiting from Revv.

‘Who the hell is Revv?’ Enzo thought.

Enzo opened the app to read the message.

Enzo took a look at Revv’s profile before he read the message. There was no picture, he couldn’t really say much though, his was the anime character Deku.

“Hey there ‘Matrix’” Revv said

“Hey” Enzo replied with.

Matrix was his user name on the app.

“How goes your day?” Revv said.

“So far so good, you?”

“Great, I just finished one hell of an exam” Revv said.

“I know the feeling, I barely escaped mine” Enzo said.

Enzo pull his feet up on the chair across from him, trying to get comfortable.

“I bet I had a worse exam” Revv said

“Doubt it” Enzo replied

“Cash and Investments”

“Micro-Economics”

“Ouch!” Revv said.

“:P” Enzo said.

“Yeah yeah you win lol” Revv said.

“Safe to assume you go to Fleming?” Enzo typed.

“Yeah, though I’m not out”

“Neither am I” Enzo replied.

“Glad I’m not alone”

“Me too”

“So your ok if we don’t exchange pictures?”

Enzo was stuck, he’d like to know but at the same time not. He decided he wanted to get to know Revv.

“Yeah I’m ok”

Enzo finally noticed the time, he had been sitting there for over an hour.

‘Shit I’m going to be late for work’ Enzo thought as he hauled ass out of the cafeteria.

Thank you for checking out chapter one. Let me know what you thought :)
Copyright © 2018 itari; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Overall, you have a solid first chapter. It could do with some TLC. If the university I am assuming plays a little bit of part in the story describe it a little. Perhaps be more elusive when describing characters. Give them distinguishing features so we can tell them apart from one another. Think Harry Potter - that is genius, glasses and a scar along with his hair color and eye color. We leave the rest up to the imagination. To break up the continual flow of the action, perhaps drop a paragraph of backstory. How long as the protagonist been talking to Sean? Is Enzo's year going according to plan? What is he looking for on Gay Cupid? lol - Good chapter, look forward to more. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..