Jump to content

Desert Fantasies 2. Las Vegas Trilogy

   (1 review)
Sub-genres: Suspense, Drama

NOVEL. Young Cray flees from his hostile home in Utah and heads south to Las Vegas. Through meeting a few mentoring adults, he is able to survive, find a new home and start school. His adult friends are in the swirl of this gambling epi-center. Book 2 of the Vegas trilogy.

Copyright © 2011 Jack Scribe; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (4 members)

  • Action Packed 2
  • Addictive/Pacing 3
  • Characters 3
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 1
  • Compelling 0
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 2
  • Tearjerker 1
  • Unique 1
  • World Building 1

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Carlos Hazday

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

You do not need a spreadsheet or a pad and pencil to read this chapter. Honestly. If you pay close attention, you'll be able to decipher the convoluted relationships tying most of the cast together. And that's half the fun of reading Desert Fantasies, the second entry in Jack Scribe's Las Vegas Trilogy.

 

Young Cray Gamble escapes the darkness of his family life in Provo and runs away towards the bright neon lights of Las Vegas. The bad boy with a good heart who befriends him on his first day in town starts him on a journey that will take the teen from the Greyhound bus station to the executive floor of the luxurious Barcelona Resort.

 

Along the way, he'll encounter not only fellow students at Green Valley High School but hotel executives, prostitutes, bullies, crime bosses, and assorted denizens of the desert playground. It's a fast-paced tale you'll find difficult to put down.

 

The author weaves real-world references adroitly which help the reader relate to the characters and at times will elicit a chuckle or two. They are all appropriate for this date specific story even if some seem silly today. What man of twenty-six asks a teen not to text because it's too confusing?

 

A well-written tale with few technical issues. This is one to read, enjoy, and return to.

Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..