Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Fairy Out of Her Tale - Dear Diary - 18. Scene 18

Back to the present now.

9th January, 1995

Dear Diary of Distress,

 

I hadn't noticed before, but there is a police officer outside my door. It was harder to see at night, when the lights in the corridor were almost all off, but now there's no mistake about it. The police officer is still like a statue blocking my door. Are they going to step aside when breakfast comes? When the nurses need to give me medicines? Why are they even there?

Maybe the police finally realised my case deserves punishment. They have to make sure I don't run away.

Not that I want to. Or that I have a place to go to. Daisen is a strange country where people speak a strange language and write with symbols that make no sense to me. How can I even survive in a place like this on my own?

I don't mind being locked up for life. It would make things a lot easier. Though even easier would be to just kill me and be done with it. Right?

The officer moved. Maybe someone is coming? But I don't see anyone.

The officer has horns!

I hadn't noticed until now. They turned their head towards me and now I can see as clearly as the water from our little stream at home (that isn’t my home anymore).

Mother Deity protect me!

The officer is here to get me. They're a demon in disguise, and they're going to do what Morumpi failed to do! I have to get out of here!

Though why would an officer wear such an obvious disguise? If everyone can see the horns, and nobody is doing anything about it, then... Could the officer not be a bad person?

Technically, they could've come in here at any point during the night when I was sleeping to take me away. And yesterday, when I was awake and focused on telling you my story. What are they waiting for?

I don't know what to think anymore. Thinking is tiring. The other police officers should be here soon, anyway. If the one guarding my door is evil, I'll be witness to some epic fight between the good guys and the bad guys, and I’ll be their prize, like some sort of treasure. I guess I get to feel important?

I don't want to write anymore. It involves thinking. Everything involves thinking. If I try not to think, I end up remembering the things I told you about yesterday. What should I do? I don't like this...

I’ll be back later.

Thanks for reading!
We're back to the present and to the shorter scenes, at least for now. 
Why is there a demon guarding Nessa? Are they even "guarding" her, or are her suspicions right? 
Find out Sunday, or be a Darling (capital D and all) and support me on Patreon to find out now! ;) 
Copyright © 2018 James Hiwatari; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Well, I'd be out of that hospital bed in a flash and pushing the bed; and all the medical cabinets before adding a fine addition of a plant pot with a little green leaf to the top of the heap for decoration if I saw a demon with horns at my hospital door. Though yes good question why would a does the Demon Lord in the underworld want Nessa so bad. Something big is coming; like winter in the Game Of Thrones; only we have to wait 8 seasons lol.

Edited by D.K. Daniels
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 4/24/2018 at 7:59 PM, D.K. Daniels said:

Well, I'd be out of that hospital bed in a flash and pushing the bed; and all the medical cabinets before adding a fine addition of a plant pot with a little green leaf to the top of the heap for decoration if I saw a demon with horns at my hospital door. Though yes good question why would a does the Demon Lord in the underworld want Nessa so bad. Something big is coming; like winter in the Game Of Thrones; only we have to wait 8 seasons lol.

Something big is definitely coming... and whenever you catch up to the current scene (59 today), you'll have more of a glimpse of that. Which isn't to say you won't have to wait 8 seasons to find out what it is, but... ;) 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..