Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Fairy Out of Her Tale - Dear Diary - 25. Scene 25

In which nobody is watching Nessa sleep.

11th January 1995

Dear Diary of Sunshine,

 

Nobody seems to have noticed I’m awake yet. I’m not sure where I am or who else is here. I’m not even sure I’m still in Daisen. I could’ve been captured by the demons for all I know, though I suspect if that was the case, they would have someone watching me while I slept. You know what I mean, right? Why go over so much trouble to kidnap me and then not even bother to be creepy about it?

Actually, why kidnap me in the first place? What have I ever done to them? I’m not a special fairy, even more so now that I don’t have my powers anymore. What use would I be to them?

All fairies know that demons will come looking for us from time to time to become weapons in their never-ending territory wars. They use us until we die and then come looking for more. But why would they still bother with me when I can’t become a weapon for them anymore?

Anyway, the room I am in now seems far too nice to belong to cruel, battle-ready demons. I’m lying in a double bed with a floral sheet. Three of my four walls have windows, and the early morning sun is shining through open curtains (also made of floral fabric), making the room bright and alive. The furniture is sparse and doesn’t come close to covering the wall space: a wardrobe, a desk and a dresser. It’s all made of pine with twigs as finishing touches, and it reminds me so much of home I feel like crying just from looking at them. I have flower pots basking in the sunlight on top of the dresser and the desk. Can you believe they’re the first bits of nature I’ve seen since leaving the hospital? It’s so… relieving… to see greenery again!

I just noticed I have a bedside table too, and a lamp shaped like a rose. There’s a card propped up there with my name on it:

“Dear Nessa, welcome to your new home. We are happy to have you here and look forward to getting to know you from now on.” The card is signed by four people, but their hadnwriting is too dreadful to make out their names. Weird. Knowing how complicated Daisen’s writing system is, I expected everyone here to consider writing a fine art and have the most perfect handwriting in the world.

The front of the card has 4 photos. I guess they’re my housemates. They look really young (though one of them has a bushy beard). The first photo is of a white-skinned, blond person with a mohican hair cut and a huge scar across their cheek. I’m guessing that’s a shape-shifter because I can’t see any indication of other races. Next, a person with the longest and waviest hair I’ve ever seen. It’s blue and shines like the ocean. Their skin is dark like mine, but has a weird blue tinge to it. I’m guessing this is a merperson. The third photo is the bearded kid. The beard is so big it doesn’t fit the whole frame of the photo, but the smile behind that beard and the glint in their eyes make it clear this person has to still be in their teens. How they can stand so much body hair without being horrified is anyone’s guess. The person in the last photo actually looks a little older, but not by much. Maybe early 20s? Their skin is the lightest I’ve ever seen and they have huge white feathery wings on their back.

Maybe that was the one who saved me? My “guarding angel”?

Someone knocked on my door. I better see what’s going on.

Thanks for reading! 
 
Nessa is safe! And new characters are about to join in! 
Such a shame her writing got interrupted just as it was getting interesting. It's almost as if someone s trying to stretch the suspense as much as possible... ;) 
Over the next week we'll start to learn more about those new housemates (and, as per usual, if you don't want to wait, my $1 Patreon welcomes you with open arms), but for now, what do you think they're like? 
I don't normally encourage people to make assumptions, but in this case, go wild! :2thumbs:
 
See you Tuesday!
Copyright © 2018 James Hiwatari; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 2/25/2018 at 3:53 PM, Wesley8890 said:

I can't believe I'm one of the few commenting on this story! Its getting better and better!

Then tell your friends! Tell your neighbours! Tell that annoying door-to-door salesperson who seems to know your daily routine better than you! 
That said, it is good to know I've got someone really enjoying this story. :2thumbs:

Link to comment
15 hours ago, Will Hawkins said:

Oh, James, I am still here too, lurking around at the bottom of the list. Not making any comments but enjoying the reading.

Thanks! I do hope you keep enjoying it until the not-quite-ending of Part 1 (so that you can go on and read part 2, obviously...)

I wonder how many lurkers there are around here these days... For statistical purposes only, not at all to do with wishing my inbox was constantly flooded with comment notifications and I had to spend my entire day just replying to them instead of actually working on the story. Yeah, not at all... ;) 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..