Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Fairy Out of Her Tale - Dear Diary - 34. Scene 34

In which the dreams don't quite come true...

14th January 1995

Dear Dairy of Surreal Expectations,

 

Lydia doesn’t have the telepathic powers my fantasies hoped for. She didn’t hear my mind screaming her name and begging for her to show up in the office while nobody else was around. She appeared in my dreams, sure, but that’s not the same thing.

The one who eventually showed up was Lóránt, but by then it was already morning and I had been asleep on the couch in just the right position to give cramps to all the major muscles in my body. Lóránt called my name until I woke up. I had been dreaming about making out with Lydia at that point, so at first I didn’t realise they were calling me. Their voice came out of Lydia’s mouth, calling me with such sexy urgency I didn’t even notice she had the wrong voice.

Of course, once I woke up I was properly horrified of ever associating Lóránt’s voice with sexiness. That’s all levels of wrong and creepy.

‘I was wondering where you were,’ they said once I resigned to the fact that I was no longer in a heated make-out session with my current crush. ‘Are you having problems to sleep?’

‘A little,’ I answered. Sure, I can’t think of anything other than Lydia at the moment, but I’m not going to pretend this isn’t in part to keep away other types of thoughts that will only make my life miserable.

The dream about Lydia could’ve easily turned into a nightmare with demons and blood and pain. I don’t want to go there. I don’t want to remember what the last two weeks have been like. Maybe it means I’m overplaying my attraction to Lydia and my obsession with joystick grabbing. But can you blame me? I would much rather be playing tonsil hockey with her (or, Mother Deity allowing, giving her very grabable, soft arse the time of her life) than swallowing in pain and misery.

Anyway, bottom line is Lóránt promised to do something to help me sleep without resourcing to unhealthy playing habits. I didn't tell them all I needed was to sleep next to Lydia, though. Unless I was calling her name out loud with the same intensity I was in the dream, Lóránt wouldn’t have a clue about my crush. And that’s probably for the best while I haven’t talked to Lydia or even figured out if there are rules about dating housemates.

I’m about to finish the last bit of my breakfast. All I want after this is to go to Lydia’s room and have a conversation that will hopefully end with us doing some amount of very intentional body touching. Today is not a school day, so as long as I can figure out where Lydia’s room is, I’m fairly certain I’ll find her there.

 

Wish me luck!

Thanks for reading!
It looks like Nessa's plan to get to Lydia still needs an extra step. Will all that wait be worth it? Can we hope to see our dearest fairy and her favourite dwarf doing the dirty before the end of next weekend?
I'm sure Nessa is more than ready for that.
So of course I now offer you the timely reminder that I'm such a nice person I offer people the chance to look at scenes one week in advance, and I occasionally reveal some unseen material and trivia about Nessa's story (and the other things I'm working on). It's all over on my Patreon page, and the link is on my profile.
See you Tuesday with Nessa's latest attempt at romance. Maybe this time it will actually happen?
Copyright © 2018 James Hiwatari; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Although I've never been a hardcore gamer as some people, I have known some who were. I hope that Nessa and Lydia are able to get together soon and talk about different things to see if they are compatible with each other. I hope that Lorant is able to provide Nessa a way to sleep at night without resorting to heavy drugs. This was another great chapter. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 3/18/2018 at 12:36 PM, Wesley8890 said:

Omg been there on an all night gameathon and crashing. 

I haven't, actually, so it's good to know people who do think it's relatable enough. :)

That said, if I could ever get Fairy Fun Greenhouse made, I would probably give it a try, if only so that I can say I know exactly how Nessa feels.

Link to comment
On 3/18/2018 at 7:33 PM, Butcher56 said:

Although I've never been a hardcore gamer as some people, I have known some who were. I hope that Nessa and Lydia are able to get together soon and talk about different things to see if they are compatible with each other. I hope that Lorant is able to provide Nessa a way to sleep at night without resorting to heavy drugs. This was another great chapter. 

I'm actually in the same situation as you - I'm not a hardcore gamer by any stretch of the imagination, the most I've delayed going to bed because of a game has so far been around an hour, I think. But I do know a few gamers who would completely ignore the concept of "bedtime" if whatever they are currently playing is interesting enough.

The good thing about Nessa being a 16 year-old new arrival is that she'll definitely have plenty of time to talk to and get to know her housemates. She's going to be staying there for the next few years, so apart from some horrible misfortune like a mass demon attack where everybody is killed (bonus points if killed while trying to protect Nessa), she still has a long way to go with these people. 

At this point, Nessa's "heavy drug" might as well be called "Lydia". Though I'm not sure how heavy a dwarf is. All that body hair probably adds up... ;)  

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..