Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Fairy Out of Her Tale - Dear Diary - 59. Scene 59

In which the bad surprises keep coming...

24th January 1995

Dear Nessa,

This is Lydia writing in your diary. You have nothing to fear - I read nothing of its content, and I never will unless you show it to me. That's how diaries work, right? You put your personal secrets in it and hope nobody looks at it in your lifetime. We do not have such things in the Saxon Mountains, or, dare I say, in Dwarf mountains in general. We do not believe in keeping secrets like that. It is part of life in a community that we should communicate our innermost thoughts and seek understanding, forgiveness, or whatever it is that is needed for the secret to no longer to remain a secret. But I respect your culture and your need to keep private thoughts. Even if they concern me or our relationship. Presumably if you want our relationship to prosper as much as I do, you will one day bring any concerns over to me.

(The disgusting incident that nearly prematurely ended our relationship is not to be taken as an example of this. What happened then was a misunderstanding of the worst magnitude that has since been clarified and the matter closed with everyone on good terms.)

The reason I am writing to you through this diary is to let you know that Lóránt has read it and, based on what they discovered here, is making a plan to find you.

In Lóránt's own words - "Zhofie must have send a hypnotic spell to Nessa to make her get out of the house with no regards for her safety. I should have watched her more closely. I suspected Zhofie would try to sneak something behind my wings, but I was confident I could detect whatever it was on time."

So now they're in their room with Kris discussing what to do, and I'm left with your diary and Unn. I really hope they get to you in time! Lóránt said there's little chance of you being gone from Enkyo after just a day, but I fear I cannot believe that. Zhofie just showed us how powerful she is. If she is powerful enough to sneak magic tricks behind Lóránt's wings, then she might as well be capable of overwriting the controlling spell that prevents her from leaving the city.

I know Lóránt was just trying to help Unn, and that they were running out of options to make her dizziness stop. But Lóránt's desperate gamble was too dangerous from the start! Did they really think that putting Unn's fate at the hands of a demon convicted for illegal and highly dangerous practices was a good idea? Lóránt was either desperate or they are not as fit for the job as we hoped they were.

Please, be safe, Nessa. Wherever you are.

We'll find you.

Love,

Lydia

Thanks for reading!
Nessa is gone... What did that demon do to her? Will Lóránt get Nessa back, or will he have Lydia write in her diary for the rest of the plot?
That is, if Lóránt even has a job after such an epic failure...
At least we now know that Nessa's irresponsible behaviour in the last scene was likely due to a spell, and not just teenage impulsiveness. Does that make things better?
Come back on Friday to see if Nessa is back safely.
Or, you know, go to my shiny Patreon page, hand over a tiny bit of pocket change, and you won't have to spend the next 48 hours in agony over our heroine's destiny.
On an unrelated note, Lydia's writing style is a little bit weirder because that was the way she was taught to write in Fadalesh. It's not supposed to read 100% natural.
Copyright © 2018 James Hiwatari; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I hope nothing happens to Nessa because of something that demon said to her. I really don't think Lorant is responsible for Nessa coming up missing, it sure didn't give permission for the demon to talk to Nessa alone. I'm glad that Lorant had the foresight to read Nessa's diary as a way to find out if she'd written in it as to what might've been said by the demon. I like the way Lydia writes that she would never read anything written in the diary unless Nessa gives her permission. Lorant asked Lydia to write something in the diary, although I'm not sure why she would do that, I mean when would Nessa see the entries written by Lydia or anyone else for that matter. I hope that Lorant doesn't get replaced because of this incident, I'm sure Lorant has talked to a superior angel before setting up the meeting with the demon. Great chapter. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 5/15/2018 at 10:20 AM, Butcher56 said:

I hope nothing happens to Nessa because of something that demon said to her. I really don't think Lorant is responsible for Nessa coming up missing, it sure didn't give permission for the demon to talk to Nessa alone. I'm glad that Lorant had the foresight to read Nessa's diary as a way to find out if she'd written in it as to what might've been said by the demon. I like the way Lydia writes that she would never read anything written in the diary unless Nessa gives her permission. Lorant asked Lydia to write something in the diary, although I'm not sure why she would do that, I mean when would Nessa see the entries written by Lydia or anyone else for that matter. I hope that Lorant doesn't get replaced because of this incident, I'm sure Lorant has talked to a superior angel before setting up the meeting with the demon. Great chapter. 

Just because Lóránt didn't give permission, it doesn't mean the demon can't try anything. 

Lóránt made a gamble, and while it brought the expected result (Unn feeling better), it also brought some unwanted consequences they'll forever regret. 

Lydia was thinking that Nessa would eventually get her diary back and read through the notes. Or just trying to feel Nessa's presence in any way she could, thus messing with Nessa's things. 

You seem to have a bit more sense than Lóránt if you can think about talking to "superiors". That said, Lóránt hasn't got a direct boss as such, and even if they did ask for permission, Zhofie's background means nobody in their right mind would allow this.

And thus we have Lóránt's moment of Good Job Breaking It, Hero... :(

Link to comment
On 5/15/2018 at 1:23 PM, Wesley8890 said:

Nooooooooooooooo!

Nooooooooooo indeed! 

Why can't they just be happy? Why do I have to screw it up for them?

 

(The answers that fly through my mind include sadism, need to keep the plot going, and ulterior motives that shall be revealed later in the plot, but feel free to include your own too)

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..