Jump to content
    jfalkon
  • Author
  • 347 Words
  • 1,464 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Fairy Dust - 10. Clarity

Clarity

By morning the storm had passed. The sun had returned to warm the world with its bright yellow rays. Sam was the last to get up. When he found his companions, they were in the kitchen. Fred was finishing a piece of toast. Tom was on the phone with his sister. Fred had already called the car rental company. Someone would be coming for the car within the hour. As Sam helped himself to some coffee and a piece of toast he listened to Tom's side of the conversation.

"I'll be there in an hour...Yeah, I'm just gonna drop the guys off at their car...It was ok. We lost power though. How are the babies?...Really? He howled all night!"

Fred raised an eyebrow. Tom gave him a big smile. Putting his hand over the phone he explained, "She breads pugs. She has a new littler."

Sam and Fred shared a laugh. They finished breakfast and piled into Tom's SUV. Fred asked, "So your sister doesn't have any kids, just dogs?"

"Yeah, with the store and the perfume line we really don't have time for much of a social life let alone relationships and kids."

Fred's expression immediately brightened. Sam had to bite his tongue not to laugh.

"So what about that girl?" asked Fred remembering the picture on the table.

"She was a customer. I haven't seen her in a year. It was a bad relationship," he paused for a moment as if considering his choice of words, "I was in denial. I though she could make me straight."

Now it was Sam's turn to smile. He turned to look out the window as his heart skipped a beat. He could see the muddy little compact car waiting for them. Tom wished them luck as they got out. The tow truck had not yet arrived so they sat in their broken down car to wait.

Fred smiled and said, "I like this town."

"Me too," said Sam trying not to sound too excited, "We'll have to come back here some time."

"Yeah. Why not? Nothing wrong with a little fairy dust."

Copyright © 2011 jfalkon; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I can't believe that this story has finished here. It's hardly started. Surely now Sam and Tom are going to get together. Come let's have some serious relationship stuff going on!:kiss:

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..