Jump to content
    jfalkon
  • Author
  • 311 Words
  • 869 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Holiday in Green Hollow - 9. Resolutions

Resolutions

Sam and Tom walked into Sally's shop feeling relaxed and happy. That changed when they saw the look of mixed anger and anxiety on her face. Fred did not seem happy either.

"Where were you two?" demanded Sally.

"We were at my place," answered Tom, "Why? What happened?"

"I called the shop at 6:40 and no one answered. Then I called your house. I must have called five or six times and no one answered."

"I called the hotel and your cell number," added Fred.

"I wasn't in the hotel," answered Sam.

Fred gave him a knowing grin when he realized what must have happened but Sally was not satisfied.

"What about you? Where were you all night?" she scowled at her little brother.

"I left the shop a little early. No one was coming. Sam and I had dinner. I was home all night after that," Tom explained.

"Then why didn't you pick up the phone?" Sally demanded.

Fred stifled a laugh as he pictured what Tom might have been doing. Sam gave him a dirty look.

"It never rang! I don't know what...unless that new internet connection did something to the phone. I just installed it."

Sally was still unhappy but a customer interrupted the conversation. Sally was angry with Tom and she made sure he knew it all day. Meanwhile Sam and Fred happily escaped for some sightseeing. The year was almost over and it was ending well for both of them.

By New Year's Eve Tom and Sally were getting along like always. They celebrated New Year's at Sally's home with Fred, Sam, Mark, and some other friends. At the stroke of midnight while everyone else was cheering Tom threw his arms around Sam and gave him a big kiss. At that instant Sam knew that this year would be much better than the last one, at least until his next trip to Green Hollow.

Copyright © 2011 jfalkon; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I haven't thought about this story in a while.  I usualy don't write sequels but it might be fun to revisit these characters at some point.  

In the meantime I have been letting the couples in my stories have some fun but it still feel a little bit like looking into my neighbors' windows. :P

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..