Jump to content
    jfalkon
  • Author
  • 530 Words
  • 986 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Holiday in Green Hollow - 3. Introductions

Introductions

As they finished eating Fred casually suggested that they take a walk around town before moving on to the campground.

"Yeah, sounds good. It'd be nice to see what's new around here," answered Sam just as casually.

They paid for their lunch and began walking up the little street. There were more people milling around than on their last visit. A shop window which had been boarded up now proudly announced the grand opening of Green Hollow Gym. It was across the street from Sally's Perfumes. As they wandered up the street Sam spotted Sally.

"Hey look, it's Sally. Let's go say 'Hi'."

Fred gladly followed his lead.

"Hi Sally," said Sam as he walked in.

"Oh, hi! How are you guys?" exclaimed Sally looking up from the display she was setting up.

"We're great. How are you?" answered Fred with a big smile.

"I've been pretty good," answered Sally as another man entered the shop.

Fred's attention was completely dedicated to Sally but Sam was wondering where her brother was. As if on cue Tom entered from the back room with his arms full of merchandise. Sam went to help Tom as Sally gave the newcomer a hug. She then introduced him to Fred.

"Mark this is Fred. Fred this is Mark. He's my__," she was interrupted by the sight of her little brother, "Tom I told you not to carry so much at once! You better not drop those," she warned.

Fred shook Mark's hand and smiled but his heart sank. Sally had already found someone. All he could do was pretend to be happy for them. Sally returned as soon as she was satisfied that her brother would not break anything. Mark went over to Tom. Sally explained that Mark had just opened the gym across the street.

"Ah, that explains why he's in such good shape," said Fred trying to sound cheerful.

"Yeah, he's been working really hard," said Sally with a note of pride in her voice.

Meanwhile Tom had arranged the merchandise and was busy looking at it. Mark quietly walked up behind him and tickled his ribs. Tom jumped and then they both laughed.

"This is Mark," Tom said as soon as he stopped laughing, "Mark this is Sam."

The two of them shook hands then Tom explained, "Mark's like my best friend."

"What do you mean, like your best friend?" asked Mark emphasizing the word like and pretending to be upset.

"Yeah, something like that," said Tom with a grin.

Sam was disappointed when he realized what was probably implied. He had never been sure if he would have the nerve to ask Tom out but now there was no hope of it. Sam tried to look happy as Sally and Fred joined them.

"So, what brings you boys out here?" asked Sally.

"Camping," answered Fred.

"Yeah, we read that there were some nice camp grounds around here and the weather's been good," explained Sam.

"There's a nice one on the other end of town," said Tom looking at his sister, "we used to camp there when we were kids."

"Our parent's used to take us. It was so much fun," added Sally smiling at the memories.

Then Mark announced that he had to get back to the gym. The group broke up.

Copyright © 2011 jfalkon; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..